Las Vegas shooting

Shooter was on suicide mission. He shot himself before police arrived.

Yea but you didn't instantly jump on the "Fuck guns and all gun owners!!" bandwagon.

So you're horrible and probably a Nazi.

Of course it's too early for you. The guy didn't have an African-American or Arabic-sounding name.

Thoughts and Prayers!
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!
THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!

It will be interesting to see who the first person will be to pivot to "MOAR GUNS!"

That would be the cops....when they went in with moar guns.

And yet, he owned a high-capacity automatic weapon. But there's nothing wrong with this picture, right?

Proof? Or are you just stringing more words you don't understand together?

I think it's far too early to be jumping to any conclusions.

Ishmael

We've got a thread already devoted to Neo Nazis...

:rolleyes:

It would be just as plausible as LadyF pointed out that this is another white Progressive wound up on hatred of Trump and Republicans as was the case in the past shooting.

We've got a thread already devoted to Neo Nazis...

:rolleyes:

It would be just as plausible as LadyF pointed out that this is another white Progressive wound up on hatred of Trump and Republicans as was the case in the past shooting.

At this point anything is possible.

Ishmael

Another sad white guy, who couldn't achieve his potential, takes out his anger on innocent people.

Honestly, it could have been nearly any one of the wingnut crowd on lit, assuming they could have figured out how to work the selector. Y'all are almost completely interchangeable.

At this point anything is possible.

Ishmael

Yeah, but we have a lot of people making declarative statements when the investigation is just getting started and the truth is reaching for its boot and other than busybody, it seems to be mainly our more Left-leaning posters.

Last edited:
Yeah, but we have a lot of people making declarative statements when the investigation is just getting started and the truth is reaching for its boot and other than busybody, it seems to be mainly our more Left-leaning posters.

Post one other than the provocative troll OP of the other thread.

Another sad white guy, who couldn't achieve his potential, takes out his anger on innocent people.

C'mon, dick, don't be so hard on yourself...

Both you and dolf get off when you punch her in the mouth in public, and both of you champion the "right" to intentionally kill 2,500+ "innocent" human lives EVERYDAY in America.

No doubt what's really got you so obviously jealous of the Vegas killer is he actually had the courage to kill himself for the hideousness he brought upon humanity...

...why you such a pussy, dick?

FBI just said there is no connection to an international terrorist group.

Guns don't kill people.

People kill people.

This may well be true, but someone who isn't holding a gun would struggle to kill THAT many people.

Maybe instead of worrying about what was going on in his head, y'all should consider the ridiculous laws that allowed whatever that was to have this result.

'Having a gun' is not a human right.

Those are not "declarative statements" about the shooter's motivation.

Last edited:
This may well be true, but someone who isn't holding a gun would struggle to kill THAT many people.

Maybe instead of worrying about what was going on in his head, y'all should consider the ridiculous laws that allowed whatever that was to have this result.

Is self-defense a human right?

Is self-defense a human right?

Really ... what exactly was that dude defending himself against?

And yes, of course ... but we manage to have that right here without every second nutjob being able to get their hands on weaponry. If your population isn't armed, you don't need to be armed to 'defend' youself.
I have never, in my fairly long life, been in a situation where I've though 'oh, if only I had a gun right now, everything would be better'. I have, however, been a few situations where I've been glad no one else had a gun.

It's not a human right, but it is a constitutional right.

Also, if someone is this deranged, I'd rather he has access to guns, than trying to find more creative ways to kill people. The death toll would be far worse if he'd tried something more effective for mass destruction than relying on small arms.

This is a best-case scenario for someone who is that deranged and unhinged, and who is willing to partake in careful planning.

He could have poisoned water supplies, or blew up a mall, or a variety of other things that would have resulted in a significantly greater loss of life.

FBI just said there is no connection to an international terrorist group.

Unlike baby killers who comprise human history's most successful international mass murdering terrorist group - EVER.

No wonder you're so proud to be one of those elite, nipper.

Unlike baby killers who comprise human history's most successful international mass murdering terrorist group - EVER.

No wonder you're so proud to be one of those elite, nipper.

You don't believe that abortion is murder, or you'd do something about it, unless of course... you're a coward.

Let's go with Occam's razor and assume you're a coward.

And yes, of course ... but we manage to have that right here without every second nutjob being able to get their hands on weaponry. If your population isn't armed, you don't need to be armed to 'defend' youself.
I have never, in my fairly long life, been in a situation where I've though 'oh, if only I had a gun right now, everything would be better'. I have, however, been a few situations where I've been glad no one else had a gun.

You're personalizing.

It was a simple yes or no question not an offering for you to go on a qualifier-filled rant.

Yes. Every human has a right to self-defense. The method is debatable, but settled law here. It's in our Constitution. I've been in the situation where I had to defend others sans guns against a perp with a gun, but I've been trained extensively to do that without a gun. I still rather would have been armed. I might have gotten him to back down and surrender instead of chucking him over a balcony and seriously fucking up his life. In hindsight, considering his injuries, he might have been better off dead. So, really, I don;t give a shit about how your "experience" affects the debate.

And that is essentially the environment in the United States today. If you lived here, you would know that. The vast majority -- as in an OVERWHELMING vast majority -- of people don't walk around with guns. Check out the following link: https://crimeresearch.org/2016/07/new-study-14-5-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/ Even in an age of concealed carry permits only 6.06% of the population has a concealed carry permit. And according to this Washington Post article, only 36% of Americans either own a gun personally or lives with someone who does -- a steady decline in gun ownership since 1978. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rican-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/.

The gun violence problem does not stem from an "armed population." It stems from a "armed sub-population" of criminals and the mentally ill who have gained access to firearms despite regulatory attempts to keep them from doing so.

But intentionally and tortuously killing 2,500+ innocent human lives simply for convenience in America EVERYDAY is.

GTFOH, baby killer.

And that is essentially the environment in the United States today. If you lived here, you would know that. The vast majority -- as in an OVERWHELMING vast majority -- of people don't walk around with guns. Check out the following link: https://crimeresearch.org/2016/07/new-study-14-5-million-concealed-handgun-permits-last-year-saw-largest-increase-ever-number-permits/ Even in an age of concealed carry permits only 6.06% of the population has a concealed carry permit. And according to this Washington Post article, only 36% of Americans either own a gun personally or lives with someone who does -- a steady decline in gun ownership since 1978. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...rican-gun-ownership-is-now-at-a-30-year-low/.

The gun violence problem does not stem from an "armed population." It stems from a "armed sub-population" of criminals and the mentally ill who have gained access to firearms despite regulatory attempts to keep them from doing so.

Good point.

Counter-Strike_Boom_Headshot_BLACK-CLOSE_UP_de9e6b47-bac5-4b67-a5c7-a4d6b26b099f_grande.jpeg

Back