Isolated Blurts - The HT Cafe Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir Paul in four days! My daughter said I would probably wet my pants with excitement.

Yep. Working on it. :cool:

Pissed because of an encounter with students that I handled well, but could have handled better. Also pissed because I internalize this petty shit and will obsess over it until the end of the term. I need better compartmentalizing/coping skills. :(

Insight and Empathy

How much richer and wonderful would life be if we all not only had those "A-HA" moments, but then learned from them, changed the way we think about things and people, and behaved and treated others accordingly?

The world is so heartbreakingly full of beauty, beauty that is often missed and passed over because it is not immediately apparent, or because it does not meet traditional archetypes of beauty which are mostly superficial, manufactured, fleeting, and ridiculous.

Some of the most beautiful people I know will never turn heads, would not recognize a designer label or handbag if it smacked them in their unremarkable faces, and are reminded daily by media and by the way others treat them, that they don't meet "the" beauty standard. But my world is all the more colorful, rich, full, and amazing because they are in it, and share their beauty with me.

A few steps in another's shoes.

How much richer and wonderful would life be if we all not only had those "A-HA" moments, but then learned from them, changed the way we think about things and people, and behaved and treated others accordingly?

The world is so heartbreakingly full of beauty, beauty that is often missed and passed over because it is not immediately apparent, or because it does not meet traditional archetypes of beauty which are mostly superficial, manufactured, fleeting, and ridiculous.

Some of the most beautiful people I know will never turn heads, would not recognize a designer label or handbag if it smacked them in their unremarkable faces, and are reminded daily by media and by the way others treat them, that they don't meet "the" beauty standard. But my world is all the more colorful, rich, full, and amazing because they are in it, and share their beauty with me.

A few steps in another's shoes.

It has been quite a long time since I read something so eloquent.

That was interesting viewing over breakfast.

tumblr_l0fr4rsosR1qzko9ko1_500.jpg

This reminds me of Public Cervix Announcement, from back in the 90's. Annie Sprinkle did this stage / theater show where she inserted a speculum into her Vah-Ghine, and then handed out flashlights for spectators to come take a peek at her cervical goods.

tumblr_lj3sxq2nga1qfa3rro1_1280.jpg

I think Willie Nelson said it best..."you were always on my mind, you were always on my mind..."

And Emerson, how the fuck am I supposed to recognize you now that you have changed AV's? I was finally getting used to the creepy critter with eyes on the hands. Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back