The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww mine's starting college this fall as well. He's very independant, however he'd probably be lost in a kitchen without a microwave. As a single mom, with two jobs and a finicky kid, I didn't cook much myself. He needs to go to my sisters house for cooking boot camp (she's an incredible cook)
This is the real reason why I don't cook
D1EB9324-651B-42AA-841C-397A2D5AC5BE-5971-000006832C2C7EBE.jpg

I think most incoming freshmen can handle almost anything life throws at them or at least will learn quickly how to deal with it. It is the parents who can't let go and let them do things on their own. My brother is one of these helicopter parents. He asked me how I could possible let my children fail. I tell him, they aren't failing. It's pretty hard to fail at life. They are good kids who know right from wrong. They aren't going to fail no matter what happens.

My job is to guide them to independence, not make them dependent on me forever.

You would think by now I wouldn't get so nervous still, but I do... Just like that vey first day. It's at LEAST 50 shades of ridiculous.

When will it end?

So yah. I'm still alive. I'm finally living in Australia with my fiance. Unemployed and broke, but using the time to stay up on my studying. Hoping for the best. Sooooo yah >_> What's new with you?

So yah. I'm still alive. I'm finally living in Australia with my fiance. Unemployed and broke, but using the time to stay up on my studying. Hoping for the best. Sooooo yah >_> What's new with you?

That's awesome news! Well not the unemployed and broke bit, but the rest of it! Besides we need more posters from Down Under, to make my procrastination more efficient. Damn those timezones. ;)

Yay, hope you are enjoying Australia except for the unemployed and broke bit.

Reminder - check out the BDSM book of the month thread! Next, we're discussing the newest L.K. Hamilton book, Affliction. :nana:

What's the point of a 1000 year sentence? Or 100 years, for that matter? And especially on top of a life sentence?

What's the point of a 1000 year sentence? Or 100 years, for that matter? And especially on top of a life sentence?

It makes them look like they're doing something.
In many states, a "life sentence" is computed to equal 20, 25 or 30 years. Therefore, someone sentenced to life at age 23 could get out at 43 or 53. Also, some states still have "good behavior" sentence reductions that lead to parole in a fraction of the sentenced time, e.g., a 20-year sentence can be "served" in four or five years (sometimes less!) with good behavior, so the judge wants to make sure that that fraction of the assigned sentence is going to be long enough the convicted person cannot serve it and get out of prison and be a threat to society.

In many states, a "life sentence" is computed to equal 20, 25 or 30 years. Therefore, someone sentenced to life at age 23 could get out at 43 or 53. Also, some states still have "good behavior" sentence reductions that lead to parole in a fraction of the sentenced time, e.g., a 20-year sentence can be "served" in four or five years (sometimes less!) with good behavior, so the judge wants to make sure that that fraction of the assigned sentence is going to be long enough the convicted person cannot serve it and get out of prison and be a threat to society.

Then maybe it's time to be clear that a life sentence isn't a number of years.

It's 2.45 am, so far tonight I've slept for an hour and now I'm absolutely wide awake.

Who invented jet lag???

You could drive by and never know there's a restaurant there.
You could pull in the "parking lot" and never know there's a restaurant there.
You walk in the door and think it's just a bar.
But when you step through the swinging doors there are table cloths, cloth napkins, multiple forks and candles on the table.
Then comes the food. Plentiful, flavorful, perfect.
They even had a relish tray. A relish tray!

You could drive by and never know there's a restaurant there.
You could pull in the "parking lot" and never know there's a restaurant there.
You walk in the door and think it's just a bar.
But when you step through the swinging doors there are table cloths, cloth napkins, multiple forks and candles on the table.
Then comes the food. Plentiful, flavorful, perfect.
They even had a relish tray. A relish tray!
I'm jealous. You live in civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back