Buttplug advice

kittiGoddess

Experienced
I am a complete novice with but plugs, never worn one but hubby wants to get me one with a tail attached. I like a fox tail one but it is attached to a steel buttplug. Will that be heavy? Will a silicone one with a little bunny tail be a better start?

I am a complete novice with but plugs, never worn one but hubby wants to get me one with a tail attached. I like a fox tail one but it is attached to a steel buttplug. Will that be heavy? Will a silicone one with a little bunny tail be a better start?

Start with the Princess size if you are unfamiliar. I've not tried a silicon, but I love the steel. It gets nice and cold in my nightstand during the winter...

I wouldn't worry about weight at all. I've worn mine (no tail) for hours and about town and it's never been a problem.

Crystal Delights makes some really exceptional glass buttplugs with tails http://crystaldelights.com/shop/crystal-minx-real-fur-tails/

If you want to be able to keep it it without worrying about it falling out a bigger bulb with a thin stem works best 9at least for me) the really small ones fall out too easily and the ones with thick stems are fun for a real stretch but are very difficult to keep in while walking around.

Snug Plugs (https://www.bvibe.com/snug-plug.html) are nice, they start small and work there way up to my current favorite Snug Plug 6. I have walked around, drove, shopped and stopped in to a watering hole for a couple with my Snug Plug 6 in place and never worried about it falling out. Keeps me at half hard unless I am aroused.

Attachments

• Jeg_2022_MARCH.jpg
    Jeg_2022_MARCH.jpg
    761.2 KB · Views: 111
Here is an article for the benefits of wearing butt plug:[Link removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreeing with barefootgirl up there... If you're going to attach a tail, the steel ones would be the best for that. You may want to start with a little princess one, as suggested to get used to it, though I did 'size up' rather rapidly.

I do like glass, as well. They have starter kits that come with a set of increasing sizes, but typically not with a tail. Also, having one that attaches with a hook/clip for the tail can be better as I find a lot of plugs that have a glued-on end, they tend to fall off after a time. Pinkcherry has a good selection of different options for everything at fairly decent starter prices.

Bvibes as suggested are good, as are squarepeg (though squarepegs is typically more advanced, it's the main silicone types I'd go for).

I also prefer t-type bases rather than round.. just comfort wise. And odd shaped bases, like a shamrock for St. Paddy's Day tends to get very uncomfortable.

But a larger base is better than smaller.. Don't want that popping in! And also longer necks, and a tapered top make for a more comfortable wear.

I am a complete novice with but plugs, never worn one but hubby wants to get me one with a tail attached. I like a fox tail one but it is attached to a steel buttplug. Will that be heavy? Will a silicone one with a little bunny tail be a better I st

I started with a nylon plug because it was cheap and I didn't know if I would like it.
I have a stainless plug now and it's night and day difference
Stainless all the way
I like to feel it when I move or sit.
It sometimes doesn't require lube because it's so sleek.
And it cleans really nicely.

Sex with it in is amazing.
But be careful. If he has you splayed open, he may push it all the way in.

Don't panic. Relaxation and some privacy in the bathroom had it extract itself easily.

Start with the Princess size if you are unfamiliar. I've not tried a silicon, but I love the steel. It gets nice and cold in my nightstand during the winter...

I wouldn't worry about weight at all. I've worn mine (no tail) for hours and about town and it's never been a problem.
Two t's in butt plug because the operative word is "buttocks".

I started with a nylon plug because it was cheap and I didn't know if I would like it.
I have a stainless plug now and it's night and day difference
Stainless all the way
I like to feel it when I move or sit.
It sometimes doesn't require lube because it's so sleek.
And it cleans really nicely.

Sex with it in is amazing.
But be careful. If he has you splayed open, he may push it all the way in.

Don't panic. Relaxation and some privacy in the bathroom had it extract itself easily.
i agree stainless is best, i do most things now with it inserted.

This tread started with kittyGoddess talking about "but plugs". That's what I was referring to.
You should probably go back and reread the post you originally commented on before you continue contributing nothing... She's confused because you replied to her post, and not the OP. Which, by the way, still contributed nothing. Just like my response here.

Steel isn't necessarily heavy, but it is unforgiving. It's rigid and might be a bit more intense than say, a silicone plug. If you're a complete novice to butt play in general (not just plugs), you'll obviously wanna start small but I think silicone is a lot more comfy for beginners. Just don't use silicone lube with it.

This is something where I think DIY is a bad idea. The made ones have wide bases that will avoid uncomfortable ER visits.

If I may chime in.
If you have never had anything up there before. Start small and use lots of lube. Go at your pace. A good thing is a dialator kit. Comes with 3 different sizes. Small to large. Start small and use it in short time periods. It will take time to work up in size and amount of time you can use it.
Go at your pace and enjoy it all.

Agreeing with barefootgirl up there... If you're going to attach a tail, the steel ones would be the best for that. You may want to start with a little princess one, as suggested to get used to it, though I did 'size up' rather rapidly.

I do like glass, as well. They have starter kits that come with a set of increasing sizes, but typically not with a tail. Also, having one that attaches with a hook/clip for the tail can be better as I find a lot of plugs that have a glued-on end, they tend to fall off after a time. Pinkcherry has a good selection of different options for everything at fairly decent starter prices.

Bvibes as suggested are good, as are squarepeg (though squarepegs is typically more advanced, it's the main silicone types I'd go for).

I also prefer t-type bases rather than round.. just comfort wise. And odd shaped bases, like a shamrock for St. Paddy's Day tends to get very uncomfortable.

But a larger base is better than smaller.. Don't want that popping in! And also longer necks, and a tapered top make for a more comfortable wear.
Since you brought up popping in...
I found missionary position with legs raised is the worst position. You are naturally spread open and your partners action acts like a hammer on the bulb inside.
Bent over and being taken from behind was less risky.

AND - if it does pop in, don't panic. Just sit on your toilet and relax. The body is designed for removal.

When I upgraded sizes, I was a little nervous. I had also gone from silicone to stainless. I used a little preparation H as lube. It has a slight pain relief and will decrease swelling if your plug is larger
I find the stainless cleans really well. Silicone sometimes feels greasy when washed.
I don't have a glass plug, but do have other glass toys. After washing, I add the glass toys to my dishwasher for extra clean. And I store it in the freezer. Glass does not hold cold long, so you don't need to worry about frost bite.

I've found the silicone is more comfortable to start with and you can leave it in a little longer without it being so sore. Definitely start with a smaller one; the sizes are deceptively small when you look at them, but you feel that 0.25 in difference BIG time. And the heaviness of metal plugs is kind of lovely; I'm more aware of them when I'm on my feet than I am of my silicone one. Also get silicone safe lube if you do get a silicone plug!

It all depends what your going to do. They all flare out on the end so they don’t get lost. For short term use the shape of the flare doesn’t matter. Most are round like this first picture.

View attachment 2160238If you want to wear it for awhile I find if the flare is elongated not round is more comfotable.

View attachment 2160239

My limited experience was with the Njoy ss plug. It was pretty comfortable, and I enjoyed the weight, BUT, after 15 minutes, or so, my sphincter relaxed, and it would fall out. I'm not sure if going up a size would make any difference...this might be one way to work up to a fist. I dunno.

Back