profile picture

minor_leak

Really Experienced
Hey gals and guys. A quick question. How do you put a profile pic up on your account? Ive tried in usercp. Many thanks in advance.

Hey gals and guys. A quick question. How do you put a profile pic up on your account? Ive tried in usercp. Many thanks in advance.

You may have to have a minimum of 100 posts. I joined last year and had to wait until I hit 100 posts. The fastest way? Play in the playground. You get to know you or fellow Litlandians in a relaxed atmosphere and can get to a hundred very quickly.

Thanks lovely. Looks like im going to have spend a few more hours on here. What a shame:D

Do you mean profile picture or avatar?

The difference is that the profile picture, is a picture you see when you view a poster's profile, and the avatar is the pic below your username, that you see on the users posts.

The avatar you can't put up until after 100 posts, and the profile picture you should be able to put up earlier, and this link might work for you. Otherwise go to "User CP" - "Edit Profile Picture."

The avatar you can't put up until after 100 posts, and the profile picture you should be able to put up earlier, ...

Not since a recent change in policy. It now requires 100 posts to upload any image -- avatar, profile, and signature image.

You can still hyperlink images [To the newbie; it's the code ] in your signature.

That's way better than uploading it as a two-bit forum attachment. The hyperlinked quality remains unchanged.

I don't know if this happened for others, but the link to set my avatar didn't appear until I hit 105 posts. I know because I was checking impatiently after each post. So if you don't see it after your hundredth, post a few more times just in case you're in the same boat as I was.

I don't know if this happened for others, but the link to set my avatar didn't appear until I hit 105 posts. I know because I was checking impatiently after each post. So if you don't see it after your hundredth, post a few more times just in case you're in the same boat as I was.
The change in status doesn't happen until the system recalculates your permissions; usually when you log back in after being inactive for fifteen minutes or explicitly logging out and back in. (If you checked "remember me" when you logged in, the relog after a time out is transparent.)

Thanks lovely. Looks like im going to have spend a few more hours on here. What a shame:D

You are very welcome and please do consider the other member's suggestion about linking an image in your signature. That was a great idea.

The change in status doesn't happen until the system recalculates your permissions; usually when you log back in after being inactive for fifteen minutes or explicitly logging out and back in. (If you checked "remember me" when you logged in, the relog after a time out is transparent.)

Ah, that makes much more sense than an arbitrary 105 posts. Thanks! :rose:

Good thread as I'm new here and that's one of my first questions! Thanks! Only 99 more to go :D

I'm at 101 posts and still can't, so I believe the person who said you have to get to 105 posts. :) I'm finally getting there after being a member for just over a month!

I'm at 101 posts and still can't, so I believe the person who said you have to get to 105 posts. :) I'm finally getting there after being a member for just over a month!
It's 100 posts; you just have to follow Weird Harold's advice from upthread.

more helpful information. go to user cp and turn pm's on.(private messages):)

Thank you so much for that tip. :) I was a member here long ago under Candyredlips but a lot has changed on the site since then and I'm pretty much an utter newb again.

Follow up question... is it 1,000 posts until we can change our Experience Title? I'm enjoying being a Guru, but would like to put something else (clever) there.

Follow up question... is it 1,000 posts until we can change our Experience Title? I'm enjoying being a Guru, but would like to put something else (clever) there.
Yes, 1000 post for a custom title -- plus a few background goodies like bigger PM storage.

Glad this thread is here. I bet this question gets asked alot!

What's the quickest or easiest way to get 100 posts?

Glad this thread is here. I bet this question gets asked alot!

What's the quickest or easiest way to get 100 posts?
We created a FAQ sticky to answer questions like this, but apparently no one reads the stickies.

As far as the easiest way to get to 100 posts? Go to The Playground and post on a game thread.

I have the latest information on posting counts as a pre-requisite to a profile or avatar picture!

I just registered here today and was completely confused about many of the conventions here -- notwithstanding reading the occasionally equivocal directions and opinions and FAQs.

So, I kept watching and checking as I posted and no pictures were allowed until AFTER the 105th post. Not the 100th -- definitely not.

The advice to get your post count up by playing word games was good. But it has been a long day. Whew.

Don't give me a challenge like that again. Please. (I can get a bit obsessive.)

Back