Free Association Thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reminded of the White Rabbit every time I hear of Alice.
"Oh my paws and whiskers"

"We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.' 'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice. 'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here."

One of my favorite quotes ever. :heart:

Any mention of Alice brings Resident Evil to mind.

Now there's an association I never would have thought of.

"pour whiskey" you said? ))

UPD: Oh, sorry, I was too late. Another try.

"It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World"

'You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.'

Now there's an association I never would have thought of.

'You're mad, bonkers, completely off your head. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.'

In my dreams, Mila and I are very close.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

Grrr:mad: I hate to let random strangers get under my skin

I'd tried so not to give in.
I said to myself: this affair never will go so well.
But why should I try to resist when, baby, I know so well
I've got you under my skin?

Speaking of things under the skin... I'm seriously considering getting a Little Prince tattoo. Just have to decide where to put it.

Tattoos in Seattle are like dandelions. Possibly more common.

Speaking of things under the skin... I'm seriously considering getting a Little Prince tattoo. Just have to decide where to put it.

Tattoos in Seattle are like dandelions. Possibly more common.

It's really hard to believe the Space Needle is 55 years old.

Seattle-USA-American-Fly-Drive-Holiday-SS.jpg

London's Post Office Tower was built completed in 1964.
They've closed the restaurant. . . .

London's Post Office Tower was built completed in 1964.
They've closed the restaurant. . . .

A restaurant reviewer I knew used to say: 'Never eat in a restaurant that is more than two floors above street level or in restaurant that moves. You should be there for the food, not the view.' :)

A restaurant reviewer I knew used to say: 'Never eat in a restaurant that is more than two floors above street level or in restaurant that moves. You should be there for the food, not the view.' :)

"Ah, but the ambiance is all part of the experience." (Which is the polite way of saying: "How else can we get you to pay $75 for a glorified hot dog and some soggy mac and cheese?" ;) )

"Ah, but the ambiance is all part of the experience." (Which is the polite way of saying: "How else can we get you to pay $75 for a glorified hot dog and some soggy mac and cheese?" ;) )

Ewww. Soggy mac and cheese. I'll take a glass of wine. :rolleyes: The show better be good.

Don't worry about the show. The wine better be good. :D

I grew up thinking I didn't like red wine, because there were 2 choices in the US--Cabs and Merlots--and they were invariably made with sulfites.

Then I had my first Italian Barbera--and I thought I had seen the face of god. I've since found that reds without sulfites blow my mind more often than not, regardless of varietal.

I grew up thinking I didn't like red wine, because there were 2 choices in the US--Cabs and Merlots--and they were invariably made with sulfites.

Then I had my first Italian Barbera--and I thought I had seen the face of god. I've since found that reds without sulfites blow my mind more often than not, regardless of varietal.

Sulphides can be a killer. Not literally, but they can certainly kill enjoyment. A friend of mine spent several years feeling less-than-wonderful after eating certain foods and drinking certain wines. And then she discovered the common denominator: sulphides. Since that day, hardly a blip. :)

Sulphides can be a killer. Not literally, but they can certainly kill enjoyment. A friend of mine spent several years feeling less-than-wonderful after eating certain foods and drinking certain wines. And then she discovered the common denominator: sulphides. Since that day, hardly a blip. :)

Food allergies and sensitivities can make you miserable . . . or kill you. I had a friend with a peanut allergy whose husband ate a peanut at a party then forgot and kissed her. Yup, emergency room visit!

There are so many things in what we eat and drink that aren't there naturally. I didn't know what MSG was until I got sick in college from living on Maruchan ramen noodles for weeks.

Food allergies and sensitivities can make you miserable . . . or kill you. I had a friend with a peanut allergy whose husband ate a peanut at a party then forgot and kissed her. Yup, emergency room visit!

WOW. That's sensitive. Sounds like something from a James Bond movie.

WOW. That's sensitive. Sounds like something from a James Bond movie.

:D Well, I'm sure it felt quite overly dramatic to her. Damn, now I'm picturing James Tiberius Kirk doing a peanut allergy attack. :rolleyes: Staggering, hand to the wall. "Can't . . . breath . . . must . . . seek medical . . . attention."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back