What Are You Listening To Now? 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Parsons Project - "Don't Let it Show" from the album I Robot followed by Pat Benatar's killer remake "Don't Let it Show" off her first album In the Heat of the Night.

I've always enjoyed Benatar's music but her covers are to die for - Parsons "Don't Let It Show," The Sweet's "No You Don't" on Get Nervous and Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" on Crimes of Passion all incredibly well done all showing how powerful her vocals are and the versatility of her and her guitarist husband Spider Geraldo.

Hiya Chloe. Happy Thursday to you. I'll have to check out that Disturbed cover - love them but not familiar with it.

Thanks! :rose:

I just found it and I love it. Best cover of Sounds of Silence I've ever heard. Hope you enjoy.

Alan Parsons Project - "Don't Let it Show" from the album I Robot followed by Pat Benatar's killer remake "Don't Let it Show" off her first album In the Heat of the Night.

I've always enjoyed Benatar's music but her covers are to die for - Parsons "Don't Let It Show," The Sweet's "No You Don't" on Get Nervous and Kate Bush's "Wuthering Heights" on Crimes of Passion all incredibly well done all showing how powerful her vocals are and the versatility of her and her guitarist husband Spider Geraldo.

Thank you. Love Pat Benatar, have to listen to those.

I just found it and I love it. Best cover of Sounds of Silence I've ever heard. Hope you enjoy.

To each his own. Considering how awesome and spot on Disturbed's take on "Land of Confusion" was, I do find "Sound of Silence" rather weak. David's vocals sound pressed out and the strings have a certain "cheap toy keyboard" vibe. No, not a fan. And not even a hint of guitars?

I'll take Nevermore's utter deconstruction of that song, thanks.
https://youtu.be/4uG7sd-YPmE

The Mission

Styx

Giving the new album a second listen - verdict is still out for me.
I really want to love this. I hear many glimmers of Styx of old but not consistent.
Definitely their best work since DeYoung left/was kicked out.

Oh, I love that album. I have it on vinyl somewhere!

Music and words have been passions for me my entire life.

I had a huge vinyl collection including this album but one year a basement flood ruined my entire collection - from great music to vinyl so warped I could use them for chip bowls.
I honestly cried the day I threw my ruined collection in the landfill.

Now I have my entire rebuilt collection digital, on the cloud, on an external hard drive and on a spare hard drive stored in my fire proof safe. Never, ever losing my collection again.

Jazz

Queen
Love, love this album - "Don't Stop Me Now" is one of my favorite Queen songs.

I'll Be Over You - Toto

Oh no, Litfan, that is terrible! :(

What? "Don't stop me now?" believe it or not when my high school was selecting theme songs for the seniors they picked this song for me.

Wait...no...it's late for me...brain is already shutting down - you mean the album collection! :rolleyes:

yeah it sucked. Happily, I was able to get most of them replaced - they were insured and I was getting paid for writing a lot and working full time then.

I've never been able to replace Eddie Jobson's Zinc album and I think there was one other album that never went digital or cd but it's not coming to mind right now

Last edited:
What? "Don't stop me now?" believe it or not when my high school was selecting theme songs for the seniors they picked this song for me.

Wait...no...it's late for me...brain is already shutting down - you mean the album collection! :rolleyes:

yeah it sucked. Happily, I was able to get most of them replaced - they were insured and I was getting paid for writing a lot and working full time then.

I've never been able to replace Eddie Jobson's Zinc album and I think there was one other album that never went digital or cd but it's not coming to mind right now

lol that made me laugh!

Silent Lucidity - Queensryche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back