Seeking editor/Feedback

Glaze72

Virgin
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Posts
38
Hello All:

I have started a new story which I wish to share. I wrote the first twenty or so pages in one sitting, and would like to have some feedback.

This is a story which has tones of fantasy, incest, and some (very slight) mind control. I guess the best way to categorize it would be as "urban fantasy" with horny witches (the good kind).

My question is how does one go about acquiring an editor? Do I post the story and encourage comments, or is there someway to do this prior to putting the story up here?

Your advise is appreciated.

Thanks,

Glaze
 
I have started a new story which I wish to share. I wrote the first twenty or so pages in one sitting, and would like to have some feedback.

This is a story which has tones of fantasy, incest, and some (very slight) mind control. I guess the best way to categorize it would be as "urban fantasy" with horny witches (the good kind).

My question is how does one go about acquiring an editor? Do I post the story and encourage comments, or is there someway to do this prior to putting the story up here?
You're not clear on this, but I am guessing that you are looking to improve your writing in addition to sharing a story that you enjoyed thinking up. If that is the case, my advice is:
* Write a similar three page story
* Add at the end a request for an editor
* Publish that

What I have learned is that all an editor can do is clean up mistakes. He/she can't remove the flaws in a flawed story. If you're looking for an editor to help you take a great concept to a great story, there is no editor that can do that for you.

From what I've seen posted here, it's hard to find an editor. What you want as an editor is someone who enjoys what you write and wants to help you write it better. If you have a published story out there, then a prospective editor can assess if you are the type of author that he/she wants to get involved with. My current editor offered to edit for me as a comment to one of my stories. Also, publishing a story demonstrates that you have what it takes to finish a story. No editor wants to spend a lot of time editing a story that the author loses interest in and never publishes.

Why a separate story? Because you don't want to learn as you write a series. The only people who are going to read chapter 2 are the ones who liked chapter 1. If chapter 1 is going to be more of a writing exercise than a polished story, then you aren't going to have much of an audience for the rest of your series.

My opinion, nothing more. Write because you enjoy it and write in the way you most enjoy.
 
Can edit

i am an editor and you can check my profile in the volunteer editors list. you can mail me the story at my email add . my add is * personal info prohibited per forum guidelines
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Editor here

I'm a new editor, and I don't mind taking a look. You can PM me the story. I have a lot of time now.
 
Back
Top