Drive in Theaters anyone?

Only one left in my area.
I like going so I can watch a movie AND have a smoke at the same time.
 
Drive ins are such an American thing - iconic in fact - a pity to hear they are in decline!
 
We have a couple near us here.

One is about ten miles south and west of us and still has the sound boxes. The other is maybe thirty miles south and uses the radio. (It also has ten screens.)

Every now and then my wife and I will go to one of them. If we go to the closer one we take the bike and load the cargo box with a couple of blankets. We'll visit the concession stand for their Pulled Pork or if they have it their Italian Sausage Sandwich.

If we go to the one further south we take the car and load up the back seat with snacks.

Either way it's a load of fun.

Cat
 
Anyone else been to one lately? Remember going to one?

Lost my virginity at a drive-in movie in Denver.

Gate open in about ten minutes for the local Drive-in:

Eagle Eye
PG-13 • 1 hr. 58 min. 7:30 12:15am

Igor
PG • 1 hr. 26 min. 7:30 11:15

Lakeview Terrace
PG-13 • 1 hr. 50 min. 7:30 11:40

Righteous Kill
R • 1 hr. 40 min. 9:45

The House Bunny
PG-13 • 1 hr. 38 min. 9:35

The Longshots
PG • 1 hr. 34 min. 9:25

Tropic Thunder
R • 1 hr. 46 min. 7:30 11:45

Pineapple Express
R • 1 hr. 45 min. 9:40


I haven't been for about ten or twelve years, but it's one of the few places in town that still runs double features, doesn't cost and arm and leg and ban bringing "outside" refreshments.

I think they even still have "carload" nights in the middle of the week.
 
Lost my virginity at a drive-in movie in Denver.

Gate open in about ten minutes for the local Drive-in:

Eagle Eye
PG-13 • 1 hr. 58 min. 7:30 12:15am

Igor
PG • 1 hr. 26 min. 7:30 11:15

Lakeview Terrace
PG-13 • 1 hr. 50 min. 7:30 11:40

Righteous Kill
R • 1 hr. 40 min. 9:45

The House Bunny
PG-13 • 1 hr. 38 min. 9:35

The Longshots
PG • 1 hr. 34 min. 9:25

Tropic Thunder
R • 1 hr. 46 min. 7:30 11:45

Pineapple Express
R • 1 hr. 45 min. 9:40


I haven't been for about ten or twelve years, but it's one of the few places in town that still runs double features, doesn't cost and arm and leg and ban bringing "outside" refreshments.

I think they even still have "carload" nights in the middle of the week.

Lakeview Terrace was a great movie. I saw it at a drive in as well.

This movie really hit home with ever growing black on white crimes. It's everyday here where I live in chicago
 
We still have one in my area, but I haven't gone in years. I remember going with my parents as a kid. I saw Gremlins, Ghostbusters and I think I saw ET there also. The last time I went I think it was to see the first Iron Man. It was a fun night.
 
There's one about thirty miles north of where I live.

We went there to watch MIBIII we had firecrackers to play with while there was still daylight. :D
 
Welcome back!

I used to go with my foster parents all the time. Every Saturday night we'd head up 146 and catch a double feature. They would sit in the car and my sister and I would put a blanket on top of the station wagon and lay out and watch from there.

I also remember the rustic would sometimes show soft core porn movies and we would try to sneak close enough to try to see the top of the screen from the woods.

The best double feature I remembered seeing was the Original Jaws and Buck Rogers.
 
Drive ins are such an American thing - iconic in fact - a pity to hear they are in decline!

Beg to differ as they were a huge part of Australian culture probably because snow rarely if ever drops on any of the main cities here. While it wasn't a huge part of my child hood I have had several tail gate parties there as a young adult. They run great dusk til dawn movie events on the eve of public holidays.

There is only one left in my town too sadly but it is well used and hopefully will be around for a long time as it is on the outskirts of town.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top