CYOA: Assassin

GrayOldFart

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Oct 22, 2012
Posts
340
"The Perfect Assassin"

(This is a sort of hybrid between "Choose Your Own Adventure" and regular 1x1 Role Play)​

Heavy foot falls, from six, maybe seven men, approach in the near darkness, echoing throughout the stone hallways of the dungeon.

YOU...

tumblr_mdn0suDDAT1rkk348o1_400.jpg


...hear the keys opening one lock after another. The door opens wide, and the light of several torches blinds you for a moment. As a single pair of boots nears on the stone floor, your vision adjusts and you find yourself face to face with a man you recognize ...a man who'd ogled you days earlier ...a man you thought you'd seen with the troops who'd burst into your home that night, taking not only you but your younger siblings as well.

Even now, in this dank cell, he leers at you as if you are a tavern wench, for rent to any traveler with a silver coin ...or any Noble man with the King's Pass.

"Your family is safe..." he says. He dons a knowing smirk, adding, "...in my country home. And they will stay safe ...for as long as you do my bidding."

YOUR OPTIONS:
  • Remain quiet and hear what more is to come.
  • Ask the man who he is, what he wants, etc.; basically ask what ever you wish.
  • Lunge at the man out of anger. (FYI: You won't even reach him before the very attentative guards flanking him stop you, but it is an option.
  • CYOR (Create Your Own Response): Offer a different response. Always be aware that CYORs should be limited in reference to the scene's context. For example, here in a cell facing seven possibly armed men, you're not going to be sprinting out of the cell and across the countryside; nor are you likely to spend 5 minutes, begging for mercy before getting interrupted. Use your common sense; no reason to spend a lot of time created a long post of actions/words that the host will ignore because the CYOR was not likely to happen. Make sense?)

Regardless of what you do, post some reflection upon your personal life (role play reply style) either before or after the action, which will serve as background and give me information to work with in the future.
 
Last edited:
Raven orbs peered outward through the frost misted window. It has been one year of this date that her husband was taken by the soldiers to fight in some far off war that no one both the royal family would reap the rewards of the conquered lands but the loss was great for those that was taken and the one they left behind. She was the one left behind with a newborn child and no money coming in to feed her. She sleeps now but the hunger will wake her soon.

Tamara’s gaze left the scene of the fresh water stream navigating through the white covered earth to the small crib that held the only precious thing that she would ever own. Nara, wrapped in wool and cotton wrappings to protect her from the chill of the day. The half bottle of goat’s milk rested upon the stool next to the crib was all that was left. Her husband’s coinage that was put back was all but gone; most of it went to the royal family to fund their war, for her, it kept a roof over her daughters head.

She sat down upon the stool and leaned over the crib, gazing upon the beauty that lay under her heavy gaze. The images of her begging Brawn for a job at the local tavern returned, his over sized eyes staring at her body made her want to puke, but when his meaty hand touched her ass she retaliated by personal introducing him to the heavy mug of ale that was being eyed by it’s thirsty owner till it was in her hand and colliding with Brawn’s face. While he fell she turned away.

He stood in her path, his orbs of blue peered out through the strands of blond that drooped over his brow and obscured his view till he whipped them to the side to gander at her. A smile upon his face while his gaze gauged her body curves uncomfortably. He wore the light armor of the city watch, but held himself better in posture and was well fragranced making him an officer of some sort. His stare lingered around her chest mostly before even looking into her face. Then if he was reading her mind he raised his gaze to hers. “Milady” he slightly bow his heard.

Tamara only rolled her eyes and brushed past the man with a gruff. She was done being the meat in these men’s eyes. She stormed out of the tavern with tears building up, not for what just happened to her, but for the small one that was her responsibility to take care of anyway she could. She stopped and looked back at the tavern shaking her head. It would not be good to go back in today, but tomorrow she would wear her most revealing clothing she owned and talk with Brawn again about a job.

“Tomorrow Nara I will not let you down. I shall do what it takes to bring coin into our home.” She lightly touched the soft cheek of her daughter. She felt so unworthy to have this pureness under her care. She took things for granted that her husband would provide the common coin and she would provide to his needs and wants and in doing that, this was her reward.

A slight jump of her body was a reaction to the sudden bray of horses outside. She quickly rose and grabbed her daggers that her husband left so that she would be able to protect herself, even though he never had the time to train her. They came through the aging door quickly and easily and were upon her instantly, her gaze fell upon him before darkness claimed her.

The dungeon was dark, and damp, her body free of clothing shivered with the coldness of the stone floor against her. Where was she?, why was she here? Why was she naked? Were all questions her mind asked but before she could answer the sounds of someone coming took priority over questions and answers at the moment?

Tamara raised her aching arms shielding her eyes from the glare of the torches. Her body ached from laying upon the cold stone for who knows how long. Her eyes still sore from the instant blindness looked up to the shadow that moved toward her. His heavy footsteps echoed in her throbbing head. She managed to look through the yellow circles and white stars to the face of the man she meet in the tavern a few days ago, the one whom undressed her with his eyes and has apparently done so physically now. He glared at her again like he did then enjoying the view that is pathetic eyes were giving without consent.

His words echoed in he mind about her family, “Nara,” She whimpered the worry of her daughter quenched the anger that was raging in her eye toward him. She wanted to spat in his face but the thought of this monster doing anything to Nara because of her actions weighted heavily upon her. Swallowing hard she sat back upon her legs and just looked at him.
 
The man steps closer, his eyes again walking over your body ... but ... this time, not seeming to settle upon your bountiful breasts as they had moments ago, or even the day before. He seems to be inspecting you...

"You have a beautiful, feminine figure," he begins, slowly beginning to pace a wide circle around you. Two of the guards move in closer, ready to protect their Lord should you try anything untoward. "But you also possess strength. My men tell me that when they took you, you showed an unexpected strength for a woman. That is good."

He is directly behind you when he pauses for a moment. The ruffle of his clothes seem to indicate he is leaning over your crouched figure, looking down upon you for a moment, before resuming his slow, circular pace. "My men also tell me that when they took you, you were armed with daggers ... but ... you seemed either unprepared, unwilling to use them ... or simply did not have the knowledge. That is not good."

Completing the circle, he is again before you. He smiles knowingly and explains with unwavering certainty, "We will teach you to use the daggers ... for your mission will depend upon your familiarity with those weapons. The weapons you already possess--" He again casts his gaze upon your large breasts. "--will get you where we want you to go ... but they will neither allow you to complete your mission ... nor get out alive, to again see you little child."

He backs a step, saying softly, "Take her."

The guards close on you.

YOUR OPTIONS:
  • Resist. It would be natural ... but it will be futile. The guards will easily restrain you and haul you out of the cell and down the dark passage.
  • Beg. Plead, ask what you want; you won't get an answer, or you may not. Again, you will be taken away, with the Lord following behind.
  • Threaten. Again, as above.
  • A combination of the above.
  • CYOR: Keep in mind the results above and apply them appropriately to your CYOR. (Don't post a CYOR reaction that you think might not be successful with more than a handful of guards surrounding you.

RESULTS:
  • "Options" above will often include time frames for how long you cn post. Sometimes they will be seconds, other times for days. It all depends upon whether that particular action has a specific result/consequence attached to it.
  • As stated in my first post, you should consider the likely response to your reaction to all options -- particularly CYORs -- before posting too many seconds, minutes, hours, or days ahead. (This is just an FYI; you didn't do anything in your first post that was wrong, so don't think this note is here at this moment for that reason. I had simply forgotten to post it in the first post.)
  • You are always welcome to post in your reply the reactions/results that are listed in the Options above. Unless I have specifically said not to comment on a certain subject/person/place/object (because I have a plan in mind), you are free to expand on descriptions of things ... such as the castle passageway or the guards' uniforms or the weather or ... what ever ... these are just examples, not instructions. :)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^​

If you are reading along with our role play, you will discover SPAM in the next post. Simply click on the poster's name and select ignore, and you will never have to deal with him/her/it again. This is the only way to deal with spammers: "ignore" them out of existence; don't click on their links and further their goal of free advertising and/or simply annoying other people.

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Tamara jerked back a little when the man stepped toward her not knowing what his intentions were. She could feel his examining eyes explore over her body and she wanted to retch with disgust. There was only one man whom she wanted to explore her body with his eyes and body and he has been gone for over a year now. However, this man, this beast she wanted to scratch his eyes out and then feed them to him while he was screaming in agony. She rose her head up and glared at him as he stood there observing her.

She follows him with her eyes, turning her head slightly to keep him in her sight as much as possible. His words only add to her ill stomach caused by his body-inspecting gaze. Her attention turns from him briefly to witness the highly equipped guards step forward to protect their lord. She returns her raven orbs back to him when he continues to compliment her on her attributes. Still not understanding why she is here and what she has done to be here. However, she keeps quiet and continued to listen to the words spoken by the man.

She shivers with a cold wave as she can feel his stare looking down overhead, viewing what he could of her from that angle. She wanted to desperately to head butt him from the back but she didn’t know how close he was and as before, Nara had much to do with her not attacking this man straight out in the beginning.

She was relieved when he moved from behind her and began to pace about her when he spoke of the daggers she withdrew somewhat for it brought memories of her husband. Her shoulders dropped a little as she leaned forward, the pain of missing him settled deep in her stomach. Tears began to build in her eyes and slowly slide down her cheeks.

She raised her head and looked upon him as he talked about her being trained to use the daggers for they were essential for her to complete the mission. She narrowed her eyes toward him in an attempt to figure out what he was talking about, what mission was she to perform for him. Then when he looked at her breasts and referred to them as weapons, she began to understand what he was talking referring too. Anger filled her eyes as she looked at him with disgust and the wanting to rip his eyes out.

When he backed away and the guards moved, forward she lurched at one of them, taking her fingernails to the man’s eyes, but she was instantly manhandled and shackled by the other guard. The other one angered that a female temporarily out maneuvered him gasped her roughly by the arm and drugged down the dark, damp passageway…
 
SITUATION:

The Lord reaches out and back hands the guard who handled Tamara roughly after her defensive attack. He chastises the man, "She's of no use to us flawed!"

The others continue ushering her forward, but the passage is shorter than it had sounded to Tamara earlier; less than 5 steps later, they ascend a set of stone steps wrapping in a curve around a tower's interior wall, reach the next level, pass through a doorway that is quickly unlocked and opened by more guards, ascend yet another flight to repeat the door thing again, and then burst out into the blinding sunlight of early morning.

After a moment, Tamara's sight returns to her for a second time and she finds herself standing in the pea gravel cart trail surrounding a tall tower. As far as the eye can see, there is nothing but open country: farm fields full of crops nearing harvest, oak and fir groves, hedge rows separating flocks of sheep and cattle, and a vast wetland in the "bottom" that looks like it may lead to a river or lake.

The one thing not visible are gates. With the exception of the Guards surrounding her, there is nothing her to keep Tamara from simply running for the hills ... quite literally. And as if that isn't confusing enough, the Lord steps up and tells the Guards to return to the tower. One of them rudely throws a bundle to Tamara, which draped open to reveal a simple, neck to calf sleeping gown.

A moment later, Tamara is standing alone with the Lord, who looks around the countryside for a moment, then looks back to his captive and says, "You may run. No one will stop you, or chase you down. I certainly won't." He wiggles a foot, complaining, "Bad ankle. So ... go. Head out. Be free, as they say."

He starts to turn, then hesitates. "Oh ... and I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you can find your daughter before she is old enough to have one of her own."

YOUR OPTIONS:
  • Run. Post as many seconds, minutes, days as you want; the Lord won't stop you.
  • Attack the Lord. Only post as far as the initial attack; bad ankle or not, he's still a big, bad dude, and he's gonna take you down.
  • Beg, inquire, threaten. Post as appropriate.
  • CYOR.
 
Tamara did her best to keep up with the quick steps of the guards that were half dragging her down the passage way and up the curving stone stairs. She moaned from the ache of her arms being pulled in directions that they wanted her to go in. She even attempted to pull away from them but was no match to their strength and grip upon her. “Why are you doing this?” she asked but nothing came from the guards as they continued to take her where they were told to take her.

Soon her eyes was assaulted by even a brighter light, the sun. her gaze fell upon the country side and her heart shot a rush of blood through her body sending waves of relief to her mind. They were going to let her go! A smile comes to her face when the lord steps up and orders his men back to the tower. A bundle lands at her feet by the guard she attacked earlier.

Her eyes looks down and instantly picks the gown up and slithers it on over her head and breasts. Relieved that her body was no longer exposed to all the men and this lord, she looked over to him, her eyes narrowed as she glared at him. She didn’t understand why was she spoken to the way she was and now she was being set free. Something wasn’t right, but then, just as she asked herself about this , he answered her.. Nara! Her heart stopped beating as fast as it was just moments ago, the happiness faded away as she realized she wasn’t being set free, yeah physically she could run away, but she would still be his captive because he held Nara..

“MY LORD!” She stepped toward him when he was about to turn and walk away. “Please!” Tears filled her eyes as she clasped her hands together in front of her. “Please I beg thee. Let me see my daughter.” the tears fell down her cheek. “I beg you. I will do as you ask. Please let me see her. I need to know if she is alright.” She drops to her knees sobbing. “Please my lord.”
 
The Lord looked down upon Tamara, sobbing on her knees. You will do as I ask...? He felt a twinge in his groin, seeing her on her knees and recalling her unbelievable body. He was tempted to unlatch his belt and offer his slowly swelling penis to her; in Eastlandia, the Kingdom's most recent conquest, the new pleasure being offered the male Nobles and Royals was called Yorlocksa Ta Daliphoria, which literally meant penis in mouth. He'd enjoyed his first go at it just a year earlier that he'd spent almost a three months of tax revenue on a series of whores who were making it the pleasure to be had.

He resisted, though. She wouldn't know about what was simply called Y'Dally, and to suddenly shove his dick in her mouth would not go over well here and now. He smiled, thinking, She'll do as I ask ... so ... she'll learn.

"Stand up, wench," he said, harsher than was necessary to ensure she didn't take him as being a compassionate sort. He stepped aside, gesturing toward the Tower; he's known what her response was be -- Tamara wasn't about to abandon her child -- so he already had preparations for her being made in what was, essentially, his summer vacation home. "Go inside. The maid has a hot bath for you, and fresh cloths. Clean up, then come to my quarters where we will talk about our future together."

OPTIONS:
  • Again, flee.
  • Again, attack him.
  • Plead some more, which will get you more harsh words and orders to go inside.
  • Do as you're told. You will find a steep staircase rising through a trap door onto the second level of the tower. The maid will be waiting, a tub will be filled with water which she is warming from the kettle in the fire place, and after that I will describe it in another post.
  • CYOR.
 
The pain was so great that she spewed some liquid from her mouth as she forced herself to stand up. Her body trembled and shook from the pain and sobbing for her daughter. ‘Nara, I will find you I promise.’ her mind spoke out as if her little one could hear here. She hated this man and one day he would be at her mercy, which there would be none. Her raven orbs stared at him through her teary pupils, his words didn’t sting her at all now for he has already found what hurts her the most and he doesn’t even have to refer her to that fact when he addresses her.

However, the pain of keeping Nara from her and his orders for her to go inside sparked an angry response as she struck out with her finger nails against his soft skin of his cheek. “You Bastard.” she hissed as she walked past him and headed toward the tower as she was told to do. Her mind solely upon her child. She stopped for a moment to take a deep breath of the fresh air before entering back into the musty smelling tower.

She made her way up the tower per his directions. She felt hollow for allowing this to happen to Nara and herself. “John were are you?” she knew where he was, she just didn’t want to accept it, she hoped that she was wrong and he was fighting his way back to her, but would he want her now? Would he want her after what she knew was coming this evening. She pressed her legs together and wept for a few moments before going through the trap door.

Her eyes fell upon the maid where she removed her shirt and stood before her naked. “I take it the bath is ready.” She asked the maid through the lump that was in her throat. She took a moment to look around the room looking for anything that she could use against the man, but precautions were already taken and objects taken away..
 
He filled his hands with clean, cold water from the artesian well and splashed it upon his face. It stung, but there wasn't a great deal of blood; likely, he would escape having ugly scars across his face. Either way, his peasant guest was going to pay dearly for lashing out at her noble lord.

He headed back up the rise toward the tower. He took his time, looking the structure over and considering the pros and cons of it.

His grandfather had built the structure three decades earlier when he was granted the lands surrounding it and the accompanying title. The times had been violent ones, and the tower had been built for defense and certainly not comfort. It had 7 levels, including the two basement floors.

But the floor that interested him was the second floor, where -- after climbing the ladder and rising through the trap door -- he found his guest in the oak and iron bathtub, the soapy water just low enough to reveal her bountiful breasts to his gazing eyes.

OPTIONS:
  • Remain calm. Hell, he's seen your tits already, right? :D
  • Sink into the water.
  • Throw a fit.
  • CYOR.
 
The bath was filled with rose and lavender petals give the steam a pleasant aroma. Tamara could see the hot steam swirling up from the rim of the tub. “That bastard.” she growled, not caring if the servant heard her swearing. She simply had enough. She wrapped her arms around her waist and wept in overwhelming anger and fear. “OH, God.” her body jerked with each tear that fell down her cheek and dripped to the floor with a silent splash. Her mind went to her daughter wondering if she was okay for all she knew she could be dead. This thought crushed what control she had as she dropped to knees, face in the palms of her hands as she wept uncontrollably.

“This isn’t helping Nara.” she managed to hear her inner voice over her crying. “You have to be strong and do what you must to be reunited with her. Your husband is dead , therefore, you are not cheating upon him if this leads to pleasing the lord, what you do now is only for her.” her inner strength speaking to her, trying to get her to compose herself and be the strong woman she was a few days ago when taking on Brawn physically. “Yes, I can do this.” She whispered as she slowly stood and removed the shirt from her body, the drafty breeze swept across her nipples bring them to a stiffness.

Slowly she lowered herself into the bath water and she instantly moaned from the warm feeling sounding her body. Her muscles instantly relaxed from the heated water. She laid her head back and closed her eyes allowing all the stress to flow out of her body and into the water. She at the moment was totally relaxed and was on the verge of falling asleep.

Her eyes opened when he walked in and looked upon her with a lust that most men always gets when he sees a woman standing in front of them, regardless if she is paying him any attention or not. She noticed him staring at her breast what wasn’t covered, she slowly lowered herself into the water concealing them the best she could. She hated this man and one day, she would kill him and drag his cockless corpse through the streets.

“My Lord, I hope you are recovering from your well deserved love tap.” she glared at him..
 
The noble man smiled, then laughed aloud. It was obvious in the tone of his humor that he was intrigued by her. As he walked slowly toward her, pulling a stool close to the tub and sitting just inches from her -- casting his gaze for a moment to the large, round orbs only slightly hidden by the soapy water -- what wasn't obvious was the rage he felt for her.

But he made it obvious to her, flashing a hand quickly to her throat, grasping it tightly in a powerful hand. Her natural reaction was to grasp his hand and arm in an attempt to pull him away, but he was just too strong. She gasped unable to breath ... and he just smiled.


(Note: You can't breath well -- you're on the verge of being strangled -- but you can get a few, barely intelligible words out if you try.)

OPTIONS: Only click on the one that you choose! (You can look at them later if you wish, but I want you to choose one without knowing what the consequence is first.
  • Panic and struggle in vain to pull his hand away, which you won't. (The harder you try, the tighter he'll grip.) Click here.
  • Act compliant in some way, a surrendering fashion. Click here.
  • Lash out, with nails or fists. Click here.
 
Hatred’s flame burned in her eyes when he laughed playfully toward her remark, she didn’t intend it to be humorous at all, but to scar him as payment for the pain he is inflicting upon her. She took a great risk attacking him as she did, but the pain, the anger was more than she could keep under wrap. Now, after the instant rage she grew fearful once again for the safety of her daughter.

Her brow arched upward when he pulled a chair right up to the tub and took his place upon it. His gaze instantly went to her tits. She closed her eyes for a moment to get a good grip upon herself. Slowly she opened them just in time to see his hand shooting out toward her. She gasped at the sudden impact upon her throat. His fingers were like steel, his arm was an iron bar locked in place giving nothing to her clutching hands trying to pull him off of her. “Please, your hurting me.” she whispered as she stopped fighting him.

“Please.” She looked upon him scared eyes, her breathing was heavy and labored, she knew that he was done being nice to her. The truth now settling deep within her that everything action she does will have a equal or grater reaction. She was truly at his beck and call. It left a sour taste in her mouth but it was better than Nara or her death.

"Yes, My Lord." Her eyes lowered from his gaze, "I shall do as you wish."
 
Last edited:
He relaxed the strangle hold on her, but left his hand in place. With a peaceful tone that belied the violence he'd just demonstrated, he responded softly, "It pleases me to hear that ... Tamara, wasn't it?"

He ogled her chest -- now, after the short struggle, above the suds -- and caressed his relaxing hand from her neck to her collar bone to her upper chest. He watched her expression -- her eyes -- as his touch became more intrusive.

Then, just as he hand began to press against the round flesh of her breast, he stood and beaded for the door at a hastened pace. Over his shoulder he called to her, "Finish ...and dress. We have much work ahead of us."

And ...he was gone.

(OOC -- I didn't have much time; working. Will be available again in a couple hours.)
 
Y…Yesss. It’s Tam,” she gasped taking in as much air as she could in fear of him clamping down again. She knew this was coming, knew there would be a reaction to her action of clawing him. Now he held her by the throat and had her completely at his beckoning.

When he cast a lewd look upon her breast, a pain of betrayal crossed over her face as her mind pictured her husband watching what was going on. A tear formed in her eyes as she felt his hand moved down her bare skin, lusting over her color bone before driven to continue feeling her body on its way to her now heaving breasts, her nipples hard from the cool breeze that drifted in from the stairwell. When he reached her ampleness curve of her breast, her eyes flamed with rage and guilt for allowing him to touch her. Her eyes narrowed as if she was planning to attack him when all of a sudden he released her and bolted toward the door addressing her over his shoulder to finish and get dressed for there was work to be done.

SHe fell back against the wall of the tub; her body trembling from the rush of fear and disgust of having him fondle her breasts. Her hands came up with some of the bath water cupped in them and rubbed her face down trying to regain the composure that she lost. Her mind replaying what just happened and realized that it was his way of showing her that he held the power. Yes, she could scratch his face, slap him, or kick him in the balls, but in the end, and he controlled her.

She scrubbed vigorously at her skin where he veiled her, scrubbing as if it would take away the feeling of his hand upon her skin. She shivered from the images of how far he could have went and she was relieved that he did not go that far as of yet, but she better get prepared for it, for it was surely going to come sometime.

She quickly dressed and went to the trapdoor and opened it. Following it down, she began to look for him.
 
Last edited:
Tamara exited the tower doorway to be greeted by leers from one Guard, who directed her down hill to yet another Guard -- this one with a crossbow ready to fire -- who in turn directed her even further downhill.

Ultimately, in a relatively flat meadow near the stream's bank, she found the noble man and yet three more Guards, obviously waiting for her. Her host looked her over well; the maid had supplied Tamara with a set of men's clothing -- a button up shirt and trousers, not typical female peasant garb -- and the wardrobe did even more to reveal the shapely woman's form, particularly her bountiful breasts.

As she came to a stop, noticeably a comfortable distance away, the noble man said in a voice and tone that sounded almost like a proclamation, "My name is Baron Martino del Avario of Tulisma. I am the heir to the true king of these lands. And you are going to assist me in regaining my proper position--"

He looked toward one of the Guards, who -- inconspicuously -- had been dangling a large dagger at his side. The man casually threw the sword in Tamara's direction; it flipped once and landed tip down into the soil a few yards in front of the woman.

The Baron continued, "--by killing the king and his brother in nine days following the Autumn Feast."

The noble man half turned and snapped his fingers in the direction of a tiny shack sitting on the water's edge ... and a woman, soon flanked by a soldier with a loaded crossbow emerged ... carrying Nara wrapped carefully in a plush blanket.

OPTIONS:
  • Run immediately for Nara. (The Guard with the crossbow will step out and level it at you menacingly.)
  • Take up the sword for any reason. (No will do much at all unless you go toward your daughter or the Baron ... which I will post for after reading your reply.)
  • Have a fit where she is standing. (I can imagine the emotions running through Tamara at a moment like this.)
  • CYOR. (Only post a few seconds, though; this could be a rapidly evolving time.)
 
Tamera took a deep breathe of the wheat scented air as she exited from the tower. Her content slightly rose upon leaving the musty, stale air of the tower. Her gaze looked over the crossbowmen with discontent but said nothing and just followed the way he gestured for her to go. The descent was slightly erratic and made her skip to prevent from falling down. Her down hill adventure ended at the streams bank where the Lord and three of his guards stood waiting for her.

His words stunned her, she felt confused and worried all at once, how? How could someone like her help a lord to regain his throne? Then it hit her about the use of daggers and her body, namely her tits. She shivered over the unknown and feared it even more. Her mind raced over every little flaw she had to where she could not do what he asked of her, but hence the word training popped into her head.

Then, with a glance from the Lord to one of the guards, a dagger, pommel up landed just a step and yank away from Tamara’s feet. She eyed the dagger with a hunger, and then rose up at the Lord and his three guards whom did not even blink in her direction. The wanting urges to grab a hold of it and run it through him made her temples ache.

She snapped out of her deep thought when the Baron turned sideways and snapped his fingers. She turned the way he was looking and her jaw dropped, her heart ached, and a rush of urgency to run toward the woman whom was carrying her daughter.

She bolted toward the woman at full tilt until the crossbowmen stepped into the path and leveled his crossbow toward her. She stopped immediately. Her head shot back a glance toward the Baron, her face holding so many emotions at once, fear, hatred, anger then her gaze returned to the guard and the woman, “Please I beg you. Let me see her.” Tears flowed down her cheek, her eyes begged them, but did not prevail for the crossbow remained leveled, the woman crying herself stayed just behind the guard.

She turned toward the Baron, “My Lord! What is this, I vow to do what you ask and this is my reward? More torment? Who the hell do you think you are!” she made a run for the dagger and as her cold fingers wrapped around the cold pommel she jerked it up from the ground and proceeded toward him. The flame of anger burned in her eyes as she approached the Baron with only one purpose … To kill him…
 
Instinctively, the Guards flanking the Baron stepped forward, ceasing their defensive action when he commanded, "Stand down."

Tamara rushed him with the dagger before her as if just a smallish sword. He seemed to do little to prepare himself, but inconspicuously he had shifted his feet, then his weight upon them. When she was almost to him, he skillfully stepped aside, snatched her wrist, and used against her her own forward momentum, spinning her to face the opposite direction before throwing her downward

Standing directly above her, he heard -- even felt -- the puff of air expel from her as she slammed to the ground. As if that hadn't proved his hand to hand skills enough, he whipped out the small, ceremonial dagger he often carried hidden below his tunic and quickly pressed it to her larynx.

He gave her a moment to recover from the unexpected turn, then another moment to feel the tip of the blade pressing against her soft skin. Then ... he stood tall ... gave her a long look ... looked toward the shack and the people in front of it ... and said, "Let her see her daughter."

With that, the Baron turned and returned to his tower, leaving the Guards to stand watch at a respectable distance while the old woman carrying Nara moved to Tamara.
 
There was no tactic, she wasn’t a warrior only a mother whom has had her life trespassed upon. Her child taken and held for leverage to force his bidden upon her, and now her rage blinded her, her anger fueled her to continue toward him, her wanting revenge for the pain and torment he put her through fueled the rage, and anger.

She arched her back backward and prepared to lurch forward with the dagger and stab him straight on. She didn’t care about the flanking guards for they stopped at his command, which never dawned upon her why did he do that until he turned the tides of the attack. Her wrist was skillfully seized as he easily stepped to the side and spun her around; his heavy hand plowed into her chest and sent her backwards to the ground.

The pain shot through her chest as the air rushed out of her lungs and left her gasping for air, white dots spun around before her eyes due to the lack of oxygen. She gasped and coughed and gasped some more before the pain subsided and allowed her to take a heavy labored breathe. Her whole body ached from the powerful bashing to the ground, “OH God.” she cried out.

The blade was cold, sharp and pressed against the lump that nestled in her throat. Her eyes widened as she gawked at him with fear. She wanted to ask what he was waiting for, but before she could say anything he stood up in his victory and stared down upon her. His face asking her how much longer was she going to battle him before realizing that she was not even close to being in his league of skills.

His words stunned her numb, but she didn’t waste time in wonder why now. She pushed herself up best as possible and slowly started to walk to the older woman who was giving the order to allow her to see her daughter. “NARA!” She cried out as she took the child into her arms and smothered its tiny face with kisses. The giggling of the small child brought tears of joy streaming down Tamara’s face. “Little one, I have missed you so much.” She hugged the small child to her bosom. Her eyes darted to the old woman, “Thank you so much for keeping her well and cared for. I will never be able to repay you for your kindness.” Her gaze then moved to the guards whom only stood watching, weapons were lowered but still notched. Her gaze returned to the little one and resumed to love on her until they came for her
 
The Old Woman stood for a long while with the Captain of the Baron's Guard, talking softly to him; twice, a second Guard, obviously sub-servant, ran off to the tower and moments later returned. And the whole while, Tamara sat on the ground with her little girl, playing and laughing and cuddling as if she hadn't seen the child in a million years.

Eventually the Old Woman stepped up to Tamara, saying, "M'lady, the Baron has agreed to allow me to bring your daughter to live in the tower if that would please you. He is..."

She hesitated for a moment, looking back toward the tower, then back to Tamara before continuing, "He truly is a good man ... if you just give him a chance. I would stay with your lovely daughter at all times ... keep her safe and content. She should be in a safe location."

She glanced toward the shack with a disapproving expression. "She should be safe, and she should be close to you."

OPTIONS:
  • Take the Baron's offer. This would put the pair of you back in the room where Tamara has bathed, and you could write up a hour or two of what ever you wanted. The Baron will leave you with your daughter until after sun down. (I think it's about mid afternoon now, isn't it?)
  • High tail it out of there with your daughter. (Not gonna happen, of course; you won't get 50 yards, but it might be fun to write. :D )
  • Conspire with the Old Woman. (Ask her anything; I don't know what she will say in response.)
  • CYOR.
 
The world was shrouded in darkness, unseen and uncared for, the only light that shined in Tamara’s world was Nara. She lightly tickled, poked, made baby sounds, and funny faces to bring Nara to a giggle or a squeal. There was nothing at this time and present that Tamara wanted, she had everything right here in her arms.

“M’lady.” brought Tamara’s gaze up to the old lady. A small pain came to her stomach as she figured it was time that she had to give Nara up and go to the Baron. She shivered from the pain and her eyes teared up but the words that came from the midwife was not the ones she thought was coming. Her gaze instantly went to the tower in mixed feelings. She looked back from the tower to the guard that was standing just behind the midwife wondering if she was forced into his service as well. But that doesn’t matter for one thing was certain about the Baron, and that was his words did hold a truth to them.

She stood up and looked back at the tower then back to the guard. “I wish to return to the tower.” She kissed Nara once more before handing the child to the midwife. “I want to see the Baron.” her gaze looked upon the guard then back to the midwife locking eyes with her. “From one mother to another, what you have said about my child living in the tower with me, kept safe by you when I am with the Baron are these words the truth?” for some reason she trusted this midwife. There was something about having a higher ranking guard performing a lower ranking guard duty unless this midwife was someone of importance... Like the Baron's mother...
 
The Midwife smiled to Nara as the little girl grasped a handful of her hair and tugged at it. She stepped closer to Tamara and said with a deep sincerity, "The Baron's word is the truth. He is a hard man. This ... this intrigue he is involved in ... it may sound like a power play from a greedy or ruthless man who would do anything for what he wants ... and ... in a way, it is. But m'lady, I assure you that he is truthful about what he wants from ... and what he will give to those who stand with him."

Nara reached out for her mother, and the midwife stepped close enough to Tamara for the child to grab yet another handful of hair. She laughed, then turned her attention back to the Baron's newest ally-in-waiting and said, "I promise you, this m'lady. You daughter will be safer, as well as happier, under the Baron's roof ... and..." Her expression became more thoughtful. "You, m'lady ... will be safer under the Baron's roof ... if you do his bidding."

(OOC -- No "options"; go for it!)
 
Tamara laughed at the hair pulling experience and hearing Nara giggling with extreme happiness. She could not take this away from her. Even if it meant betraying her dead husband, he would want her to do what she could to make sure that Nara was safe and well taken care of.

She nodded her understanding to the midwife. “My most concern is my daughter and I know you know this. I will comply with the Baron’s wishes as long as Nara stays with me, You’re the only one who watches her when I am with the Baron, She stays safe and is taken well care of, and I also want one of his best men to be permanently ordered to protect Nara with his life.”

She looks over the midwife knowing that she would not be the one giving the list to the Baron but to the high ranking officer that stood behind her for he would be giving her list to him. She allowed her eyes to fall back to Nara and the midwife. She leaned in and kissed Nara and placed a thank you hand upon the shoulder of the midwife. “Thank you.”

She looked back over to the high officer, “Take me to him I wish to have consul with him.” she eyed the officer and waited for him to decided if he was going to take her to him.
 
The Baron walked slowly about his quarters -- the floor above that in which Tamara had bathed, and nearly been strangled -- first pulling out and eating a hot yam chunk from a plate over the fire, then filling a ceramic mug with wine, then finally turning his attention to Tamara as she stood flanked by his Captain and a second guard. He was suspicious of her. He was suspicious of everyone; it was the reason he was still alive with as many enemies as he had.

But he knew -- trusted, anyway -- that so long as her child was downstairs with Gwen, Tamara would harbor his anger for him and do as he commanded. He was conflicted about whether or not to tell Tamara that anytime she was alone with him, in addition to the old woman downstairs, Nara would always have a guard nearby. Telling would stress upon her the futility of suddenly picking up a dagger and shoving it through his gut; but not telling her would ensure that, if she were to do so and then run for her child, she wouldn't be ready for the brawny man who would intercept her, detain her, and -- after learning of his lord's fate -- have fun with her, trading her with the other guards until finally the life simply left her repeatedly raped and beaten body.

He decided to go with keeping the word to himself. For his mission to succeed, he needed to know that the threat already posed was enough.

His slow pace around the room brought him the Baron behind her, where he stood for a long moment, sipping at the thick, tart wine. He glanced to the guard that was watching Tamara, then to the one -- the Captain -- watching him for any signs. "Leave us."

The Captain waved the second swordsman out, but only after giving his noble master a questioning glance did he himself depart. The baron resumed his slow pace about the circular room, his eyes moving about the room although his unseeing attention was fully upon his new cohort.

He loved this room. He was the third man to occupy it as the Baron Martino del Avario of Tulisma. In it was everything that defined who his family was and how they had arisen in this land of violence and treachery.

Half again as tall as he and covering the wall between two of the arrow slits was a massive tapestry depicting the highlights of the family's rise among the nobility ... and fall from grace. In the middle of it was the seal that The Great King had bestowed upon his grandfather over thirty years ago, a powerful bull in a field of his red and yellow, representing his paternal and maternal sides.

A few steps beyond that was an eight foot tall grizzly mounted to remind all viewers of just how ferocious it had been while alive. It had come to Tulisma from the highlands the first winter of The Cold Years, killing stock and villagers alike, until his father -- the only man brave enough to track it to its cave -- killed it with only the aid of his hunting dogs.

And, of course, personal to him, was the oak rack filling yet another section of wall between arrow slits. It was filled with two dozen head pieces, swords, daggers, or more, each one taken off the dead body of a would be usurper or assassin who had tried to stand in his way of his destiny, the taking of the crown from the False King now sitting on the thrown.

"I understand from my Captain that you wish to ... consul with me," he finally said, now standing just feet before her. Before she could respond, he slowly slid the short sword typically dangling from his hip from its scabbard, intentionally causing it to rub against the sheath's metal lip to give it almost a singing, metallic ring. He lifted the blade, point down toward the floor, between them, then let it go; it thunked into the hard wood floor, standing almost perfectly straight up between them. He eyed her for a short moment ... then turned his back to her and walked slowly past the end of his massive, canopied bed toward the equally massive fire place on the opposite wall. "What, exactly, would you like to say to me, my dear?"

OPTIONS:
  • Talk. Say your piece. He will listen intently as he nears the fire, eventually turning to you, obviously intrigued.
  • Take the sword and attack. (I think we went through this once before ... except that this time, you will end up flat on your back ... below him on his bed.
  • A combination of the two: take the sword but don't attack. He will again listen ... but this time facing you, because he's brave and a gambler but not totally fool hearty.
  • CYOR.
 
Tis was for Nara, she deserved a life of safety, a chance to become anything she wants to be in life and that dream could come to be with this man‘s help. The elder midwife openly informed her that those whom stood with him, helped him would be taken care of and that was the most important thing. Nara was almost on the brink of starving for her mother could not find work to provide for her and to this day she could not provide for her, she could not give her the safety of having trained men around her protecting her, she could not guarantee to have food upon the table everyday as it has been giving to her now. But Nara wasn’t the only one whom she couldn’t provide for as the hunger pain became noticeable now that her mood was not filled with anger and hatred. She looked over to his plate for a moment then focused upon him.

He was behind her sipping at his mug; the heavy brew of grape wine filled the space around her which put a thirst in her throat. It has been awhile since she has savored the taste of fine wine; the last was the night that her husband met her and bedded her, instantly she felt like a cheap whore. How small things trigger memories that were forgotten. She bedded a man for a cheap glass of wine, married him on a word that she would be taken care from a man whom had a handsome face. But when it comes to a man who does not wine her, does not bed her, but could have at anytime, gives his word that everyone whom is involved will be taken care of and has done so what does she do? She tries to kill him.

She stood still, allowed him to look upon her if he wished. She didn’t hold an angered face, but one that was stress free, not beaten down, but one at peace. How ones anger and tossed up hatred clouds the mind from seeing all the paths that are there it selects the path of fury. All this time this is what the baron was doing, trying to show her there was a different path that she could be taking, but her stubbornness wouldn’t allow her to see it so he was trying to break her in that regard. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath for she realized how much of a fool she had been.

The Baron’s word brought her back to focus upon him. She watched as the Captain waved off the other guard whom quickly complied with the order. But the captain remained as he looked at her than toward the Baron for a second, then his gaze came to her with a look that if anything happens to the Baron he would have her head look upon his face.

She watched him continue to walk around the room in thought. She wondered what he was thinking but remained quiet and allowed the man to settle his own inner questions. Her gaze left him momentarily to observe what was obvious his room. Her eyes fell upon the fine tapestry symbolizing his family’s history if she was interpreting it correctly the words of the midwife was the truth. Again she sees that her anger and hatred was the force that defined her current history with this man. Her gaze fell upon several other objects that she would have to inquire about when the time was appropriate.

His words again brought her attention to him. He stopped before and before she could respond he withdrew his short sword with a metallic ring that she constituted as it being extremely sharp. Her eyes widened and mouth opened to protest when he allowed the sword to fall before her. Its sharp point penetrated the flooring and stood pommel up just like before. She looked it for a moment then moves her gaze to him. He was already turned and walking toward his bed his words rang out over his shoulder to her.

She reached down and pulled the sword from the floor but kept the sword’s point downward. She adjusted her hand and held the pommel with just her fingers and thumbs and walked toward him. He turned to face her, preparing himself like before, but she moved slowly toward him and kept the sword downward. Upon reaching him, she slid the weapon back into its scabbard, “Mi’Lord, you might want to have your scabbard repaired; it seems you keep dropping this.” She looked into his eyes with a new perspective and liked what she saw.

She took just one step back from him. “Mi’Lord, you have offered to care for my daughters needs; you have offered to care for my needs if I do your bidding. I accept to do your bidding whatever you need me to do. Since you have already told me that I must train with a dagger it would mean something in the line of fighting which you have first witnessed that I will require a lot of that.”

She looked at him for a long moment taking in all that she was feeling, what she as seen, and what she has been told into account before slowly pulling her gown off over her head and standing before him naked. “Not part of our deal.” she walked forward to him. “Yours if you wish.” she stood looking at him. “I was blinded by my hatred and rage.”
 
“Mi’Lord," she said, "you might want to have your scabbard repaired; it seems you keep dropping this.”

A smile spread across Martino's face as she backed away. He liked this side of her, a combination of confidence, playfulness, and resignation.

She accepted his deal with no more fuss, which pleased the Baron to no end. Then, to his surprise and delight, she pulled her gown up over her head and stood naked before him. He had found her beautiful before, sexy; now, knowing that they were to be willing cohorts -- he simply found this view of her wonderfully erotic.

“Not part of our deal," she said, nearing him again. “Yours if you wish. I was blinded by my hatred and rage.”

"Not part of our deal," he repeated. He was going to have her one way or another, he knew; and, in all likelihood, she had known that as well. But to have her give herself to him in this way ... it would be so much better than raping her. "And yes ... I wish."

He stepped forward, wrapped a hand around her waist and settled it on the upper round of her buttock, and pulled her to him. The feel of her bosom against his strong chest, of lower belly against his already solid penis as his mouth met with hers, was enough to send a chill up his spine. He kissed her, long an passionate, then parted their lips only slightly and said, "Remember that hatred and rage ... and I will teach you how to use them to get all ... all, you have ever wanted, or needed, for you and your daughter.

He leaned and swept her up into his arms, carrying her to the bed and laying her down easily. He stood over her, watching her eyes -- trying to read her feelings -- as he began stripping away the vest and tunic and under layers and trousers and all that kept him warm on these cool, fall nights. It seemed to take forever ... but a desperate lust will cause time to stand still when you wish it to do just the opposite.
 
Back
Top