If slavery were legal, would you own slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would i be called racist if i wanted only white slaves? :confused:
would i be then called a discriminatory racist for wanting only white slaves? :confused:

I confused the fuck out of myself :p

Ok.
But I am who I am, and I won't deny or apologize for it. :)
I should go back and quote your thoughts on another subject as to your right to think and act and enjoy whatever you like, seeing as you put it so well ;)

If you think that legalizing slavery would only have positive repercussions, then you're out of your fucking mind.

So sure, go ahead and find where I said you could do anything you wanted, even if it wound up hurting or endorsing the hurt of others. :rolleyes: Because I'm preeeetty sure I have only ever said "enjoy whatever you like" so long as it's like, totally consensual for everyone involved. And there is no way for legal slavery to be consensual for everyone involved without completely undermining the definition o "slavery". In which case, isn't is already as legal as any of us need it to be?

The only reason anyone would want to legalize slavery is so that they could hold someone against their will and have the law back that up. That is literally it. when you endorse the idea of institutional slavery, that is what you're drooling over.

Last edited:
Sadly

I would be an abolitionist.

Worth noting though that slavery is still around, we just call it people trafficking instead.

My people were among the largest slave owners in America, and 25 years after emancipation we were still taking care of ex-slaves. Benevolent slave masters are heaven on earth for many, especially when slaves are not keen to compete or manage their affairs. Its like the military for many.

But the real difference, is the possibility to quit and go somewhere else.

But the real difference, is the possibility to quit and go somewhere else.

It's amazing to me that this basic shit is being so wholly ignored.

It's like, kay, so I got off on a snuff fanfiction once, and there are people out there who want to end their lives. So that means murder can be yay, let's legalize murder??/

Uh.... no. Complete and utter logic fail.

I had a stellar dinner a couple of weeks ago with amazing service.

Therefore I think I'd like to own the waitress and have title to her offspring.

Wait, what the ever loving fuck? No.

I love how anyone who doesn't agree just doesn't understand the wonderful experience of being an elite or being waited on. Yeah, no. I got to witness that pretty intimately repeatedly, and you know, I just kind of wanted to punch my friends' parents in the face when they'd talk about how crappy their Polish cook was right under her nose. They'd also insist Vera "was family" in the same breath. Fuckers.

That's what you get when you let people like me in these places, of course. We notice what's actually going on.

And if you can't tell the difference between the profession of service and slavery, I don't have any meds for that.

While I've worked service jobs and they're not exactly my fondest recollections, I really would vomit in my mouth a bit if any of the people I helped would bring me to mind while pondering whether a return to slavery would be awesome. That would kind of cancel all the "treating me well" they ever did. I didn't love you I may have liked you and at the end of the day my getting paid was the most important part so I could live the life you don't give a rat's ass about.

I've got a good solid fascist streak the minute someone wants to sign up and says it gives him a boner, but without those conditions met, you have to fucking be kidding. Like globalist capitalism isn't bullshit enough.

Yeah, I fantasize about Jeeves so I would totes want a little sweatshop in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
This was just a thought experiment. I posted it to BDMS board, because it involved or at least could involve slaves and masters and bondage. The point was to step outside of your present world and imagine another and to look inside yourself. The easy answer is that you would never own a slave, but you can't really know for sure. Thomas Jefferson was against slavery, but he owned hundreds of slaves

If I had posted this to another board, someone on that board would have said that it should be on the BDMS board.

I have absolutely no idea what I would do under those circumstances, because I would not be the same living under those conditions.
I'm rather happy that I probably don't have to find out.

And no, it doesn't have much to do with BDSM, if you really meant it as a thought experiment about slavery. That would be just as interesting or not interesting for anyone.

Last edited:
So the question was... IF slavery were legal. And my answer remains, yes.
Not, do I want to make it legal again or what have you. Just saying, honestly, it's magical to find your clothes clean and hanging in your closet. Bed turned down and then made. Food cooked how and when you want it, brought to where you want. Drinks. No cleaning up. And on, and on...
Yes. IF it was legal, I'm just as in as I am on new tech devices that hit the market and make my life easier.

This was just a thought experiment. I posted it to BDMS board, because it involved or at least could involve slaves and masters and bondage. The point was to step outside of your present world and imagine another and to look inside yourself. The easy answer is that you would never own a slave, but you can't really know for sure. Thomas Jefferson was against slavery, but he owned hundreds of slaves
If slavery were legal the odds are very high that I would be a slave-- not for cute sexyfuntimes, but basic menial soul destroying crap obs and chores that my betters couldn't be arsed to do themselves. And this would be true for most of us, don't kid yourselves.

Really.

If I had posted this to another board, someone on that board would have said that it should be on the BDMS board.
If you had posted it to another board and someone had said that, your response would be; "I'd get laughed at for the stoopids-- you think I'm stoopid?"

BDSM is not so much about slaves and masters as you'd like to think.

Not, do I want to make it legal again or what have you. Just saying, honestly, it's magical to find your clothes clean and hanging in your closet. Bed turned down and then made. Food cooked how and when you want it, brought to where you want. Drinks. No cleaning up. And on, and on...
Yes. IF it was legal, I'm just as in as I am on new tech devices that hit the market and make my life easier.

People are not "devices".

But an interesting thought, that all the new devices we have, do the work of 2-3 people in a household.

What shall we do, when our computers become sentient?

But an interesting thought, that all the new devices we have, do the work of 2-3 people in a household.

What shall we do, when our computers become sentient?

Oh anyone who has read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, knows we would be facing intresting times.

Being raped and tortured and murdered and having your family broken up is magical too, I'm sure.

Are you completely incapable of imagining this scenario from the other side or are you just being willfully ignorant beyond any measure I can understand? Have you not read a single history book? Do you not know that slavery has been done before, and it's fucking awful? Are you willing to entertain the fact that, in this thought experiment, that dozens if human lives would likely be ended in horrific ways in order for you to have your southern comfort fantasy? Your slaves might be treated """"ok"""", but they will not exist in a vacuum.

Get over yourself.

And need I remind you AGAIN that you can have all of those "magical" lazy-people things right now! Today! Just gotta pay for it, hon. If you want all of that for free, like genuinely, you're a special kind of shitlord.

Last edited:
Leaving aside the (not insignificant) ethical part of the question for a moment: Do y'all realize what a massive pain in the ass it would be to own slaves?

Being raped and tortured and murdered and having your family broken up is magical too, I'm sure.

Are you completely incapable of imagining this scenario from the other side or are you just being willfully ignorant beyond any measure I can understand? Have you not read a single history book? Do you not know that slavery has been done before, and it's fucking awful? Are you willing to entertain the fact that, in this thought experiment, that dozens if human lives would likely be ended in horrific ways in order for you to have your southern comfort fantasy? Your slaves might be treated """"ok"""", but they will not exist in a vacuum.

Get over yourself.

And need I remind you AGAIN that you can have all of those "magical" lazy-people things right now! Today! Just gotta pay for it, hon. If you want all of that for free, like genuinely, you're a special kind of shitlord.

A discussion of a hypothetical situation (slavery, or whatever it may be) is not worth the actual real life action of trashing another person, in my opinion. I have no desire to exchange acrimonious words with you, or be ugly over a "what if" scenario. Our values are diffrrent on many levels, and I'm ok with that.

Leaving aside the (not insignificant) ethical part of the question for a moment: Do y'all realize what a massive pain in the ass it would be to own slaves?

LOL like adult children? :eek:

If non-consensual slavery were legal, would I own any slaves?

Probably not. But there are many models of slavery that have been practiced around the world over the millennia, some less evil than others.

The responsibility that goes with (or at least should go with) owning someone is rather mind boggling. Perhaps if someone in a horrible situation begged for me to purchase them to get them out of said situation. I would like to think my basic character and integrity would want to try to provide a better place.

A discussion of a hypothetical situation (slavery, or whatever it may be) is not worth the actual real life action of trashing another person, in my opinion. I have no desire to exchange acrimonious words with you, or be ugly over a "what if" scenario. Our values are diffrrent on many levels, and I'm ok with that.

You can't just pick and choose what parts of a hypothetical situation are relevant and which aren't. It doesn't work like that. xD

And yeah, no. If I ever killed someone, it would most definitely be a trafficking fascist, and I would not feel an ounce of guilt. So how's that for differing values?

Uh-huh. From what I've read, pre-war slavery in the US South wasn't very efficient for the "owners" (sic); even if you're not paying people for their labour you still need to buy, feed, and house them. A smart and unscrupulous employer can figure out other methods of getting people to work long hours for cheap - if you're paying wages you can shift the problem of food and housing onto your workers, you don't have to pay for security to stop people escaping. And there are ways to recoup a lot of that money from employees, like the "company shop" system where people are paid in scrip that can only be used at the store you own...

But there's still what amounts to modern-day US slavery (and largely of Black people) in the prison-industrial complex. Privately-run prisons can make money off inmate labour - which then gives them incentive to deny parole, keep people in as long as possible, and hell, even bribe judges to send hapless kids their way. I don't believe in the death penalty but for that I'd make an exception.

Owning slaves is like owning horses-- they need to be fed, and you can find hundreds of reports of starving horses in the news right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back