Uh Oh on Manafort

KeithD

Do you think it's at all slightly within the realms of all possibility, that the NSA was and still is the only party with a complete copy of the BLACKBERRY servers (the archived files from...) that Hillary Clinton used because of their acknowledged 'backdoor' access, and that Julian Assange...


...is actually a CIA agent; and always has been, and that certain people within the CIA, 'took down' Clinton?
 
KeithD

Do you think it's at all slightly within the realms of all possibility, that the NSA was and still is the only party with a complete copy of the BLACKBERRY servers (the archived files from...) that Hillary Clinton used because of their acknowledged 'backdoor' access, and that Julian Assange...


...is actually a CIA agent; and always has been, and that certain people within the CIA, 'took down' Clinton?

Beats me. NSA might have changed, but when I was working and whenever I tried to get coverage from NSA, they never could pull it out of shotgun collection files. They were like a Hoover vacuum cleaner. It was all in there somewhere but it was just one coagulated mess. They didn't have the capability to retrieve specific requested data. Whatever they found, they accidentally tripped over before it went to/got buried in the archives. But they probably knew Clinton had her own server (she asked them for one and they turned her down--and State's --and NSA's--servers were far less reliable and secure than her own server was) and they could have tapped into it if they wanted. It's not really in U.S. intelligence custom and culture to do that sort of thing, however, regardless of how the movies play it and J. Edgar Hoover aside.

As far as the CIA doing anything to take Clinton down, that would surprise me. They'd want to take down nearly everyone else who was contending before they would Clinton. Trump certainly, Sanders probably. Jeb Bush maybe not, but most of the other Republican contenders would be taken as flakey. Clinton was a known solid, bureaucratic status player, of all of them the least likely to be making waves through the government and endangering satrapies. I think you can see what they think of Trump.

If Assange ever was a CIA agent (and there have been some very interesting and strange CIA assets through the years), he'd be on the rogue list now and not safe to stand next to.

In that vein and back to the thread, I've been seeing on the news programs tonight head scratching on why Manafort would not be honoring his plea agreement and avoiding a sentence that will guarantee that he dies in prison. Doesn't surprise me at all. With what he has undoubtedly been mixed up with the Russian mafia--and fleecing them as a few Russian suits against him indicates he did--his best chances for living for any length of time at all would be in a federal prison cell and not spilling his guts. Telling the feds all that his plea agreement called for would be an automatic poisoned umbrella tip to the leg as, pretty much, would be walking free at this point.
 
Last edited:
Giuliani says Trump has not ‘ruled out’ pardon for Manafort after he is busted for secret meetings with Assange

Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani on Tuesday suggested that former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort could still be in line for a presidential pardon even if he met with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange during the 2016 campaign.

-
Giuliani also said that a pardon was still on the table for Manafort.

“Pardons are never really ruled out,” he explained.

Do it Donnie, pardon him! Take a Dump in the Dumpster fire!:D
 
Fine with me. Let's see just how much Manafort wants to be a free man, walking around without any protection. Might find better justice that way than on the public dime in a federal prison. Might also give a message to others messing around with the Russians.
 
If I had to guess? His lawyers surely know what it is, but they can't get him to listen or to care about it.
 
They are disinterested parties. They could face disbarment for being intermediaries.
 
Oh no! That poor man. I hope he feels better as he continues to rot in jail without his precious ostrich-skin jacket.

He's undoubtedly healthier in prison than out, because: Russians he's scammed.
 
Mueller is recommending 19.5 - 24.5 years in prison for the liar.

"Manafort did not commit these crimes out of necessity or hardship," the sentencing memo reads. "He was well-educated, professionaly successful and financially well of. He nonetheless cheated the United States Treasury and the public out of more than $6 million in taxes at a time when he had substantial resources. Manafort committed bank fraud to supplement his liquidity because his lavish spending exhausted his substantial cash resources when his overseas income dwindled."

The memo also says Manafort's age -- 69 -- and "reputational harm" should not be taken into account in the sentencing. "Nothing about the defendant's age is unusual. Tax offenders are often older and often, like the defendant, wealthy, but they nonetheless receive substantial terms of incarceration notwithstanding age and health issues," the sentencing memo says.​

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-manafort-sentencing-memo-special-counsel-robert-muellers-office-recommends-20-24-years-in-prison/
 
Back
Top