At home waxing

trb2216

Really Experienced
Anyone have any tips on doing a male Brazilian wax at home?

I recently got a kit and waxed myself yesterday. Left a few hairs here and there. I'm just wanting to nail down my technique to make it faster and more efficient.

The warmer I have is adjustable heat and have ceripil hard wax to go with.

Thanks all!

Kudos to you for being able to wax yourself! I get all sweaty and I can’t do it on myself! My husband has to do it! I also use the hard wax and it’s amazing! I found that putting a dusting of baby powder down first is REALLY helpful! A gentle lotion after is also a good recommendation!

So I thought I'd get some practice in and do my arm pits today. With powder that was easily 10 times as painful! WOWZERS!

I dont think I'll be trying that again

Last edited:
I am so sorry! I’ve tried it with and without powder and it’s less painful for me. :(

No that's ok. I had powder the other day as well with my Brazilian and thought it wasnt bad. So I used it again today. I didn't realize how much more sensitive under arms are.

Most certainly wasnt your fault. Chalk one up for experience!

Make sure you pull your skin taut before yanking the wax off. I've also heard hard wax is better for Brazilians.

Did not work for me at all. Daughter and I tried several times. All we got was a mess. I once tried sugaring. Must have been a fluke because I totally winged it and it worked. Tried it twice since. Horrible mess and I burned myself too! Now I just use depilatory.

Make sure you pull your skin taut before yanking the wax off. I've also heard hard wax is better for Brazilians.

Very hard to do with the arm pits. The pulling hand can't hold and pull at the same time. Brazilian not bad you can hold with one and pull with the other with relative ease.

Kudos to you for being able to wax yourself! I get all sweaty and I can’t do it on myself! My husband has to do it! I also use the hard wax and it’s amazing! I found that putting a dusting of baby powder down first is REALLY helpful! A gentle lotion after is also a good recommendation!

I was pretty sweaty with my arm pits but still dried them with powder. Excruciating is what I'd call it.

Not calling it quits, but definitely taking ibuprofen before my next round.

I was pretty sweaty with my arm pits but still dried them with powder. Excruciating is what I'd call it.

Not calling it quits, but definitely taking ibuprofen before my next round.

You'll toughen up - I don't even notice waxing my underarms now. (I use pre-waxed strips which I find a lot easier for this sort of thing.)
I only ever let a professional near my girly bits though - I'm not brave enough to attempt that myself!

I haven't attempted to get my backside yet. The pain or discomfort isn't a deterrent though, I think I need to get my technique of laying the wax down first. Then try to do the rear. Such an odd place to get to.

Anyone have any tips on doing a male Brazilian wax at home?

I recently got a kit and waxed myself yesterday. Left a few hairs here and there. I'm just wanting to nail down my technique to make it faster and more efficient.

The warmer I have is adjustable heat and have ceripil hard wax to go with.

Thanks all!

If you can afford it, I suggest that you go to a professional and get it done. First of all, you get used to the sensation. Second, they are trained in Brazilians and sothey will be using proper techniques, which you can pay attention to and emulate.

However, make sure the salon they are working at specifically gives extra training to their aestheticians (if they have male brazilians on their menu, then most likely they are).

I’ve waxed for a number of years, and for a couple of years, self waxed. By remember and really paying attention to how they applied the wax, kept the skin taut and ripped off the wax, I was able to get a close enough wax.

I have been to a salon a few times but it gets pricey. I have paid attention to how they apply wax and hold skin. It's one of those things where you really need experience.

I'm just seeing what I can do to speed up the learning curve and gain that all important skill and experience.

It was like $250 per session, but that was years ago. The costs may have come down since then. In total, I think I had seven sessions.

Is it safe for testicles? I wouldn't know, but it feels like someone is snapping a rubber band against your skin. It hurts! The first few sessions are the worse, and then it subsides a little more each time.

It doesn't completely make the hair go away forever, but it takes weeks to grow back and the hairs are very light. I can touch up with a razor very easily and the areas stay baby smooth. I am very pleased with the result.

Waxing is torture.

I tried to self Brazilian once and never ever again. I just had mine done yesterday actually and it feels wonderful. Would be cheaper doing yourself but there sure is an art to it.

Just finished my 2nd wax a bit ago. Definitely easier this time around. Technique is coming along nicely too as it was much easier putting wax on and it coming off as it should.

I would recommend a professional for waxing. Less painful & no sweating.

I would recommend a professional for waxing. Less painful & no sweating.

I have had a few done professionally, and paid close attention to how they put wax on and how they remove it so I could try to replicate. it's not any more painful at home, just difficult to get in position to pull the wax.

Definitely worth the time and effort though.

Nice lifehack with baby powder! I've never heard about it. For me waxing is so painful that I almost cry. I tried sugaring, it's less painful, but I think that couldn't be done at home coz one can very easy burn oneself.

I have never tried sugaring. But I was under the impression that when you apply it is cool.

Only hot when you are making the mixture....... am I correct?

Back