Wake for Byron: All that and a bag of chips...

Someone sent me a text about this this morning, and I haven't been right since. I am so sorry to here this, Noor. I am so glad he had you in his life. As someone else said I know he adored you. I've always thought of you as an awesome person and see right now just how awesome you are. Despite how he appeared here sometimes so was Byron. I haven't spoken to him since Christmas time, but he was someone I always felt that I would connect again with when the time was right. He made me laugh, and he pissed me off, but the fact that he was my friend never changed. Hugs and many bright blessings to you, Noor. :rose: I am sending lots of good wishes after him to the great beyond.
 
What a piece of work is a man! how noble in reason!
How infinite in faculty! in form and moving how
express and admirable! in action how like an angel!
in apprehension how like a god! the beauty of the
world! the paragon of animals! And yet, to me,
what is this quintessence of dust?


Hamlet, Act II, Scene II
 
I never actually saw a dodo. I just have to accept the fact they are gone based on faith and conjecture.
 
ripcandle.gif
 
You know, it's funny how you can interact with someone for years and even though you may never meet them, or even talk to them in depth, they become part of your community, if not your family. Byron was clever, charming, and frequently exasperating, and he was never boring. Even on the occasions when I was irritated by him, I still liked him. That never stopped. I'll definitely miss him. I can't wrap my head around the fact that there will be no more Byron threads about random subjects on my front page.

Noor, I'm so sorry for your loss. If the rest of us are this sad, I can't even imagine how you must be feeling. :rose:

I never knew Byron on a personal level, but he was indeed a fixture on the GB. Wow. No more Byron threads.

I am truly sorry for your loss, Noor. I wish I knew what else to say.

Lorillei just recently informed me...:(

My sentiments mirror both comments above. I always enjoyed reading Byron's musings, and the RARE times I had interaction with him made me smile.

My heart goes out to you, Noor. :rose:
 
Oh goodness, I am so sorry to hear this news. I never really knew him all that well but I did enjoy his posts here over the years. So very sorry for your and everyone who knew him's loss.
 
I am really sorry. No matter what anyone said, I thought he was a nice person. Going to miss his morning threads :(
 
I am shocked and saddened to hear this news.

Byron was such an ever present part of the GB, I can't imagine not seeing posts from him. :(

I did not know him well, beyond some interaction on the board. He did pm me once with a compliment regarding a photo I had posted, and we had a nice chat.

Noor, huge hugs, and I am just so sorry for your loss.
 
This is shocking and sad news. I didn't know him personally but I always liked for being, bright, funny and interesting. He was even more of a python aficionado than me.

Condolences to Noor.
 
a small insight into the byron i spoke with

we spoke of many things, thoughts, ideas... other people, but these small excerpts show his soft side and speak of friendship i valued.

honestly...

Well first. Nobody has done this for me. Not since high school. And my mom would say, "you have a letter" and I knew her handwriting, and my heart jumped.

This is very like that. I couldn't wait, so I read it in the car, at the post office.

We are friends forever, in spite of the noise.

I'll write back.

But the letter's right here... it's propped here on my desk.

It's something that if the computer dies and the lights go out, I can still read by flashlight at night, or in the backyard in the day.
Your letter, for example. It's on my desk, so I see your handwriting every day. I have ordered a batch of Par Avion stamps which ought to be in my box even now. They stopped printing them. But I found a set on eBay. I will shortly be in possession of over 200. And we'll be good to go!

I suppose what I'm really saying is this: If you're head over heels for this guy, then you're coming here. England is scenic and beautiful, if you love green pastures and rolling hills, but the US is running the show, unfortunately.

And this country needs more people like you.

200 stamps * smiles, wipes a tear...*


edit: 'this guy' refers to HarryHill :cattail:
 
Last edited:
This whole thing is just the shits, to say the least. Phelia called me yesterday morning, and I could tell by her voice something was wrong.

It's no secret that like others Byron and I poked and prodded each other yada yada yada.

Yet he was a human like any of us, neither the saint nor a devil. It's really sad that it sometimes takes the death of someone to be introspective but yet it has. That at the end of the day, he like a lot us had a persona we gave off to the board at large, and the self he gave off to those he shared his time with. The duality of that really shows in this thread through the little memories shared by Sinny, Butters, and others.

I dunno, it's something that makes one pause and think, or maybe that's just me.

My condolences to you, Noor. I can't imagine how big of a loss this is to you, and I just hope you find peace soon.
 
we spoke of many things, thoughts, ideas... other people, but these small excerpts show his soft side and speak of friendship i valued.








200 stamps * smiles, wipes a tear...*

This is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing it. :heart:
 
:heart:

Big hugs, chupa chup.

This is adorable. Thank you so much for sharing it. :heart:

we didn't always see eye to eye about things or people, but both felt free to express our opinions openly knowing we respected eachother, and sometimes changed our opinions because of coming to understand things better. i'll always be thankful to have known him and can't even imagine how huge noor's loss is. :rose:
 
Back
Top