Daddy Doms and the girls who love them

littlegirlslut said:
]But seeing that my Master is older than me and how we came to be - Daddy and His little girl just works for us...
It started as age for us, too. We are 20 years apart; when we started dating I was 19 and Daddy was 39, so we joked that e really COULD be my Daddy. But that's only where the idea popped into our heads from - everything else just fell into place as being right for us. My inexperience, eir nurturing, etc. - D/g was right for us regardless of age, although that is where the idea got started.

@}-}rebecca---- said:
those who describe their relationships as I would classify a Mentor with 'benefits'
Hey, see, you are getting it! I hadn't read this yet when I mentioned mentor in an above reply. (Still catching up.)

@}-}rebecca---- said:
Etoile I meant to add last night that you are entirely correct those behaviours above are best ascribed to brats/SAMs at times. I have been wondering in the last 24hours how I came to attribute those characterisations to D/g when I have a minimal amount of experience. At this stage I believe its the 'submissives' that have attended the Boards here professing to look for a Daddy Dom and then gone into lists of what I personally consider trivial yet simultaneously outlandish demands from a successful partnership followed by contributing 'actual' examples in the 'Things Never to Say to your Dom Thread' here. If the stories are true it was a major miss haughty eye brow raise from me........smiles. Sheesh I am only human !!!! Yet another avenue I need to re examine now.

Thanks again Etoile :rose:
I am so pleased that I can be part of your self-explanation. I love examining my thoughts in a safe way, and it's great to have people who can help you do that. So I am quite honored to do the same for you. :kiss:

Etoile said:
Maybe it's because most of the people I know in D/g relationships are queer? In fact, pretty much all of the people I know in Daddy-type relationships are queer, regardless of gender or whether they are top or bottom. But pretty much all the girls I know are queer; some of them have male-bodied Daddies and some have female-bodied Daddies. They pretty much all identify as service-oriented and while some might pretend to be innocent sometimes, I don't see any of them as fragile!

Oh my peeps is queer too, definitely! I think maybe it's regional or generational a little, I don't know. Weird, huh?

Etoile said:
I'm curious - how do you think a 24/7 Daddy/girl relationship would be played out in a public vanilla setting? How would it be different from any other 24/7 relationship in a public vanilla setting?
This is a discussion I am enjoying, thanks for your thoughts.

I have seen at shopping malls 40+ year old females go up to 50+ year old males and say things like "Oh Daddy, pleeeeease buy this for me, pleeeeease" I want to upchuck. They may not be in D/g play, or in an acknowledged D/g relationship for that matter. Actions like that just yuck me out.

That sort of thing.

So if i go to my Master and say, "Master may i purchase this?" but it's done as me as a slave instead of ... little girl... "Daddy can i get this please, please, please?"...

Not that I would be at all offended if this bothers you... it bothers me... and while we will do D/g in public, it like the rest of our relationship is pretty under cover....

Does the first bother you or just the second?

Shankara20 said:

I have seen at shopping malls 40+ year old females go up to 50+ year old males and say things like "Oh Daddy, pleeeeease buy this for me, pleeeeease" I want to upchuck. They may not be in D/g play, or in an acknowledged D/g relationship for that matter. Actions like that just yuck me out.

That sort of thing.
Ew, really? I don't think I've ever seen that. That would annoy the heck out of me too. Hell, it annoys me when anybody does it, but kids I can let it go for. Adults? That's just whacked. And I am a girl.

littlegirlslut said:
So if i go to my Master and say, "Master may i purchase this?" but it's done as me as a slave instead of ... little girl... "Daddy can i get this please, please, please?"...

Not that I would be at all offended if this bothers you... it bothers me... and while we will do D/g in public, it like the rest of our relationship is pretty under cover....

Poverty in News Orleans bothers me. So does war in the Middle East, incurable illness, child abuse, drunk driving casualties, etc.

As long as no one is being harmed, intimidated, or harassed, the way two people talk to each other in the mall doesn't bother me.

It's none of my business, and I really don't care.

Shankara20 said:

That sort of thing.

Sorry - this was more blunt and harsh then I intended. There was some totally misplaced aggression that had nothing to do with anyone or anything here that came out in that post.

Please accept my apologies.

Shankara

littlegirlslut said:

I did not craft that last post well. Sorry.

I was trying to express how I might be bothered by an expression of D/g in a public "vanilla" forum. My intention is not condemning anyone, just explain my yuck factor. I have very wide tolerance for all sorts of actions, even those that might start to yuck me out.

For me, if my girl approached me in public with an overt and extremely syrupy "Oh Daddy Pleeeease" with exaggerated snuggle body action I would be offended. Seeing that in others in less than pleasant for me.

Does that clarify what I was trying to say? I think it is sexy and fun to play little word games and do little actions in public as "insider" jokes that point to the nature of a roll play relationship.

Am I making any headway at all? :cool:

JMohegan said:
Poverty in News Orleans bothers me. So does war in the Middle East, incurable illness, child abuse, drunk driving casualties, etc.

As long as no one is being harmed, intimidated, or harassed, the way two people talk to each other in the mall doesn't bother me.

It's none of my business, and I really don't care.

Cool.

I hope I have clarified my statement in the last posts.

Shankara20 said:
Cool.

I hope I have clarified my statement in the last posts.
I was answering her questions to give my perspective. Not to take a shot at you.

If I have a point to make to someone, I will almost always say it directly - either with a post or with a PM.

Shank, I don't think you were over the line exactly. I also agree with JM to a degree, that it's no one's business. However, since it's no ones business I tend to wish to keep the overt public displays out of the picture in my relationship with Daddy. I will ask His opinion on purchasing something, but it is more along the lines of "what do you think about me getting this?" Or "should we get..." or "I need to get..." Followed by His answers.

I shared the links that KC posted with my Daddy last night. It was as I suspected earlier in this thread. This does best describe the dynamic of our relationship. However, I think I should say, Daddy is physically a year younger than I am, so it really and truly isn't about age to us. :)

JMohegan said:
I was answering her questions to give my perspective. Not to take a shot at you.

If I have a point to make to someone, I will almost always say it directly - either with a post or with a PM.

no shot experienced...

I think we pretty much all agree that obnoxiousness in public is not limited to any type of relationship or people, right? :)

By the way, I love all the willingness to learn that I'm seeing in this thread. It makes me warm and fuzzy that people here aren't just saying "It's incest and gross, and you can't change my mind." I've had that happen...people who just won't listen. I knew somebody who was a great guy, but insisted that I must have some kind of incest fetish. Even pointing out that I didn't grow up with a father and thus couldn't be trying to replicate something I never had didn't help. It made me very sad that he couldn't see any alternative to the way he envisioned the relationship being.

So big thanks to everybody here who's willing to learn, and everyone here who's sharing their perspectives and experiences.

Shankara20 said:
I did not craft that last post well. Sorry.

I was trying to express how I might be bothered by an expression of D/g in a public "vanilla" forum. My intention is not condemning anyone, just explain my yuck factor. I have very wide tolerance for all sorts of actions, even those that might start to yuck me out.

For me, if my girl approached me in public with an overt and extremely syrupy "Oh Daddy Pleeeease" with exaggerated snuggle body action I would be offended. Seeing that in others in less than pleasant for me.

Does that clarify what I was trying to say? I think it is sexy and fun to play little word games and do little actions in public as "insider" jokes that point to the nature of a roll play relationship.

Am I making any headway at all? :cool:

I didn't think you were condemning. I just was trying to figure out what it was about the situation that offended you. I personally just think it's annoying but to each their own.

I agree with your "i think it's sexy" part of that comment... and i do enjoy that very much.

:) i was just looking for clarification - in no way did i think you were being harsh.

Etoile said:
I think we pretty much all agree that obnoxiousness in public is not limited to any type of relationship or people, right? :)

By the way, I love all the willingness to learn that I'm seeing in this thread. It makes me warm and fuzzy that people here aren't just saying "It's incest and gross, and you can't change my mind." I've had that happen...people who just won't listen. I knew somebody who was a great guy, but insisted that I must have some kind of incest fetish. Even pointing out that I didn't grow up with a father and thus couldn't be trying to replicate something I never had didn't help. It made me very sad that he couldn't see any alternative to the way he envisioned the relationship being.

So big thanks to everybody here who's willing to learn, and everyone here who's sharing their perspectives and experiences.

I completely agree! I just want to thank everyone who's posted because even though it's something that is a huge part of the relationship for me - i even question it at times..... but i question everything.

littlegirlslut said:
I didn't think you were condemning. I just was trying to figure out what it was about the situation that offended you. I personally just think it's annoying but to each their own.

I agree with your "i think it's sexy" part of that comment... and i do enjoy that very much.

:) i was just looking for clarification - in no way did i think you were being harsh.

I thought I was being harsh - and might damage my "all soft and fuzzy" image that I have been developing here. :D

Playing in public just a little below peoples ability to see can be fun. I get a kick being femed out under my clothing - and I keep it contained.

;)

Etoile said:

I have learnt from this thread, which I admit surprised me.

I now realise the ick factor for me is in the word, not the dynamic behind the word.

I agree with Shank about the whining in the mall though. I hate it. Funny, when kids do it to parents it makes me laugh. But thats because I love out and out manipulation, plus I love to watch how parents cope with it. It says alot about the parent/child dynamic.

The whole thing about public displays is not really my thing.
Whether it is as Shanks example, or some of the things read in other threads such as public humiliation.
It just seems unnecessary to me.

That said, Andante has done a very low level thing in front of his friend on one occassion, which just made me laugh and I don't think was intended as a means to achieve anything else lol

Mystical_Dragon said:
Wow it's so nice to see so many Daddys and little girls like me.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread :)

Welcome is there anything you are willing to add to the conversation?

Mystical_Dragon said:
Wow it's so nice to see so many Daddys and little girls like me.

Glad I stumbled upon this thread :)
Hello!

Which are you, if I may ask?

*bump*

This thread discusses one more sort of relationship and the labels some use. There seem to be a few new "what do you call yourself" threads started recently by folks trying to find words to use about themselves. Here are a few more "labels" not often considered.

Yay, good bump. I'm glad there are more Daddy/girl types on here now; I remember a thread long ago where someone insisted that if I was in a D/g relationship, I must be into incest. :rolleyes:

Back