Recommend an Author

I'd like to recommend Arthur Smith.

Oh no. Sorry. I think I mis-read that. I thought it said 'Recommend an Arthur'. Oh, well ... here's Arthur paying a small tribute to the late great Linda Smith. Enjoy. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQZHYiQRqsA


I would also recommend Malraux. He/she is an excellent writer and it's a treat when his/her work is published.

Following up on Sam's suggestion, I'd recommend Dudley Moore's Arthur. Excellent film.

Hmmm... Thanks guys :rolleyes:
(don't call us... lol ;))
 
I think that Jayded_Lust writes really intense, deep stuff.

I'm an editor, so I get to read a lot of newer authors' stuff. One recent writer who has a lot of potential is StarryHorizon.
 
I tend to be a mood reader. What pushes my buttons one day I will look at another time and wonder what I was thinking. I guess it depends on how I am feeling and what I want to read or write for that matter which is why I post in such a wide variety of categories much to my readers and the trolls dismay.

I have a tone of favs particular a lot of those you see here on the forum and I try to read the stories of the special author challenges i join like the GPD.

Having said all that, I love humor in a story so I will throw out Stultus as a name of someone to read. Particularly his "And soon my evil plan..." series.
Like me, however, he has a variety of category's he contributed to, though I am unsure if he is still writing as nothing has been posted by him in a few years. Still worth the read me thinks :)

https://www.literotica.com/s/and-soon-my-evil-plan-ch-01
 
Since you mentioned mainly liking lesbian themed stories, I will try to keep most of my suggestions to that.

* Colleen Thomas : Variety of settings and characters for lesbian stories. Each of her short stories is a gem.


* Girlinthemoon : Writes in many categories. Try Afterglow which is a lesbian hall of famer.


* angiquesophie : The writing style for any of the stories is quite something to behold. The stories themselves are not for the faint of heart.


* GobletHolly : Smartly written, funny and sex all at once. Try Diamonds and Girls.


* 100 Angry Bananas : Can dark humor and erotica go together? Abso-fucking-lutely if this guy has a say. Just amazing what he comes up with. Nothing with obvious lesbianism, but too good to pass up. One of the rare finds on Lit of an author who just blows you away. Sadly, he is not quite as prolific or popular as his talent demands.


* krr1957 : Look no further for lesbian non consent.


* robinwatergrove : Redefines writing in the moment when it comes to lesbian stories. Natural dialogue and vivid, evocative descriptions until you are no longer a reader, but part of her story.


* AltheaRose : Very well written erotica. Real characters having really scorching hot sex. Descriptions will leave you craving more.


* Bramblethorn : Slow burn lesbian romance, but occasionally gets very naughty and kinky indeed. Check out her series.


* onehitwanda :.... words cannot do justice to her writing. Just incredible.


Sadly most of these authors are no longer active or post sparingly. If you want more, you can't go wrong on the Lesbian Hall of Fame.
 
Last edited:
This is my first post in a forum, so here goes.

Authors I've followed:
Silkstockingslover--Everyone knows her I'm sure. She was the first author I read about on Literotica and has written some great stories like Bedding the Babysitter and Catching Mommy series (two of my favorites). While her popularity may be waning as of late, I feel there are still many great stories there.

Amber Skye--She's not a Literotica author unfortunately, but I do enjoy her work. Amber's writing style is very descriptive without being too much. Her erotic scenes make for a very enjoyable read as well.

I follow over 30 authors, and I only follow those whom are currently putting out work and whose work I find enjoyable too read.

My personal list includes authors like Wkd_Macey, Shady_Lady, careythomas, JimBob44, and hasnoalias. What I like about a story is first and foremost, how far an author can bring you into their story. Do they make their characters come to life? Do they create a world that the reader can escape into? Are they able to, like a great magician, suspend your disbelief? Can you, the reader, become enraptured into the lust and passion of every erotic moment? These are the qualities I feel best captures the proficiency of a truly great writer. That's just my opinion.
 
.
Having said all that, I love humor in a story so I will throw out Stultus as a name of someone to read. Particularly his "And soon my evil plan..." series.
Like me, however, he has a variety of category's he contributed to, though I am unsure if he is still writing as nothing has been posted by him in a few years. Still worth the read me thinks :)

Kinda reminds me of Christopher Lee as the evil Dr Fu Manchu (with his daughter Lin Tang [tsai chin] ). Created by Sax Rhomer a long long time ago.
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know what became of incomingpornduck?

incomingpornduck is/was my favorite author, by far. He or she was knocking out great stories until August of 2018, then... nothing.

Does anyone know what became of incomingpornduck? I know he/she stated they were working more, had established a for-pay outlet, but I can't find anything...
 
Since you mentioned mainly liking lesbian themed stories, I will try to keep most of my suggestions to that.
* Bramblethorn : Slow burn lesbian romance, but occasionally gets very naughty and kinky indeed. Check out her series.

In terms of authors I read that tend to post in lesbian themes, I'll second that vote for Bramblethorn.

And I will recommend the self-effacing author of that post LaRascasse as well. Her
Bowling a Maiden Over
led me to start following her.

I don't normally read Lesbian, so if I've saved the story/author, I consider that they can actually write.

My technique on finding good stories is what several people have already mentioned:
  • Read a good story -- perhaps from a Contest; you can bookmark the author Literotica to find a link to all the contests
  • Find the author of that story and read more of their works
  • If they write well, save author in your favourites
  • Trust their favourite authors, and repeat from the top

That said, I read most stories on the Lit app for Android. I pretty much only favourite authors / stories here if they have useful information as an author, e.g. "How to write a good tag line"

I'd also agree that it's worthwhile to start trawling authors that post in the Author's Forum. You can get an idea of their personality from the posts, and that may help you determine if you'd like their stories.
 
Last edited:
Androshorts: That Bloody Woman!
by Androgynousother

This one is quite different and deals with domestic violence as a backdrop.
And it does it Very Well !

PS. I the event that a bit of real humour is needed (as well), I can recommend
A Dumb Blonde as Mayor. by Egmont Grigor
 
Last edited:
Back
Top