A Corporate Affair (Closed for Pipper)

“As for any form of advertising, except for the proposed website, Philpotts has said that the only girl to appear would be dressed as Lady Guinevere, though I’m not sure if that girl would be a hired model or one of the full-time girls. It’s in their contract, that if you work for the club, full-time, you are expected to appear on the website, though if part-time, as I am, it’s voluntary…until that part of the site, is made ‘members only’.”

Mandy saw the disappointment in Abigail’s face. “Actually, John and I have expressed our views to Mr. Philpotts over that situation, and he has agreed to mull it over. Er…the reason I asked you about what you wear under the gown, is because we may have to take images of some of the girls in their costumes, and now John and I know that we may need to take some with the dancers in different layers of clothing.”

“I wish I could answer more of your questions,” said Abigail, as she stood, “but I need to get ready for my act.”

“Thanks for the information, Abigail, and for bringing the coffee,” Mandy said, as she stood, forgetting about her ankle.

With a slight limp, she walked over to John. “How come we got more information out of Abigail, than Philpotts?”

Before John could respond, Philpotts entered. “Ah, I see that your ankle has improved, Amanda.”

“Yes, it’s a lot better now, but still a little sore, but nothing to worry about.”

“Good! But to play safe, I think you better eat here, rather than at the restaurant, I had planned for you.”

I don’t want to stay here, another minute…”Thank you for your kindness, but I think that as you are treating us to a trip to Chicago, and because we have things back at the office, that need to be dealt with immediately, instead of tomorrow, it’s best that we return right away.”

Philpotts sighed. “I was hoping you could watch Abigail’s act while you ate, so that you would have an idea of the type of show we put on. She will be the first dancer today.”

Good grief!...”I’m sure we will see an example in Chicago.”

“Quite right, quite right. Anyway, I’ll get the chauffeur. He should be here in five minutes.” Then Philpotts strode out.

Then Mandy looked at John. “I’ll have a word with Curston when we get back, and suggest that we stay at home tomorrow, so that we can ready ourselves for the trip.”
 
Last edited:
John sighed with relief as Amanda deftly talked Philpott into letting them leave without having to sit through the show. Though he realised it was probably necessary for them to watch at some point, he really didn;t feel mentally prepared at the moment - the ghost of Amanda's lips and tongue still lingered and the last thing he needed right now was any kind of erotic stimulation...

“I’ll have a word with Curston when we get back, and suggest that we stay at home tomorrow, so that can ready ourselves for the trip.”
said Amanda, and John nodded in agreement.

"It the least he can do, given that he is making us work the weekend without asking us beforehand..."

He looked over at Amanda again. "Are you alright to walk through the the lobby?" he asked, a look of concern on his face.
 
"Are you alright to walk through the lobby?"

“I’ll be fine, John. Thanks for your concern, anyway. It was nice of you.”

The door opened, and the chauffeur entered. “Are you ready, Ma’am? Sir?”

“Yes,” replied Mandy, eager to get on their way.

The ride back to their office was done in silence, as Mandy tried to put the incident on the stage steps out of her mind, but to no avail. It took all of her might, not to leap onto John, and lock her lips on his.

Once back at Far-Future Marketing Inc, Mandy had a quick word with Rose, and found out that she had everything under control.

“Well, John, I’m off to see Curston. Rose said that Kate called about an hour ago.”
 
"Ok, Mandy..." murmured John, thoughtfully, his eyes not leaving hers.

Reluctantly, and with some effort, he broke eye contact.

"It will give me a chance to speak to Susan about the Crawley campaign... Right after I phone Kate.

He watched Amanda walk away, not talking her eyes off her until she was out of sight.

I don't know if i can get through this with my sanity intact... or my relationship...

Soon he was on the phone to his fiance, wincing as she made it clear what she thought of the idea of him taking off for the weekend at such short notice.

"I know, honey, but it's the job. I can't tell my boss no in the first week of the job, I'm still on probation here..." he sighed. "I know, love. I'm not happy either, you must know that. I was livid when the client said he had already arranged it with Curston. Hmm? Oh, the client?"

John paused. Kate was already seriously unhappy at the idea of him going away. But he didn't like to lie to her.

"Its a chain of Gentleman's clubs." He held the phone away from his ear for a moment, as an angry yell burst from it. Tentatively he put it back. "I'm no happier about it than you are, but at least its an upmarket chain, not a bunch of dodgy strip clubs. Oh come on! I already told you I don't have a choice. And you know how easily I get embarrassed, you really think I'm going to be ogling these girls?"

Another angry outburst. "Well, of course there will be girls. That's kind of the point. But they are dancers, not escorts, honey."

He laughed "You don;t need to worry about that, love. They employ lots of big burly guys to make sure nobody touches the dancers. Even it I wanted to, i'd likely get my fingers broken..."

The humour seemed to alleviate the anger.

"I know, love. It's a crappy situation, but it's out of my hands. I'll see you tonight, honey. No, I won't be working late - the least they can do after setting me up to work in the weekend is to let me get home on time. Love you too. Bye... yes love. Bye."

Thank god she didn't think to ask who I was going with... Thought John to himself as he hug up. Then he wandered through to speak to Susan about the modelling agency campaign.
 
“You have got to be kidding!”

“I’m sorry, Amanda but that’s my decision. I know this sounds as if you’re losing the manager’s job of your department, but rest assured you’re not,” Custon said, trying to appease the angry looking woman who was standing in front of him, with hands on hips.

“I’ve just spoken to Rose, and she never mentioned anything about this new arrangement.” Now Mandy was getting upset about this wall of secrecy that was springing up all over the place in the Philpotts’ campaign. First we find out that we’re going to Chicago, and then John and I have to wear gala clothing, and now this!

“That’s because she doesn’t know. I’m going to let you tell her. After all, you are her boss.”

Mandy wanted to punch Curston so much, that her right hand was slowly forming a fist, but that thought quickly drained away. “I suggest that John and I have Monday off as well. That way we can return here, refreshed, on Tuesday with the goal of putting our first ideas on paper.”

“That’s fine with me, Amanda. The both of you will get paid for tomorrow and Monday along with the four days you are away, and I’m going to add it to Philpotts’ tab.”

“That’s very kind of you, Sir.” That's the very least you can do, isn't it?

Before Mandy could say anything else, Curston dismissed her, claiming that he was very busy.

Mandy walked into her office, wanting to slam her door shut, but decided against it. First she paced to and fro with her hands behind her back, and then walked around her table three times. Her staff knew to keep away from her when she did that, but also knew that this episode would end quickly.

Spotting John leaving Susan’s desk, she walked to her doorway. “John? Can I have a moment of your time? I need to tell you something.”

Closing the door behind him, Mandy looked him in the face, and then took a deep breath. “Curston has decided that for the time being, the both of us, are to concentrate only on the Philpotts campaign, and leave Rose to deal with the others. In other words, Curston has ripped away our staff from right under us, and given them to Rose.

“Tomorrow, the caretakers will move more office equipment into here, which means that you and I will share this office as of Tuesday, while Rose will move into yours. I said Tuesday, because I managed to get Curston to give us the Monday off as well, to let us recover from the trip.

“Curston did give as an olive branch, in that we get to see any final campaign proposals, and make a decision. I’m sorry, John, but after what happened earlier, this new arrangement isn’t what I wanted.

Liar

“Er…one more thing, I better take the camera home with me, just in case your Kate…well, you know.”
 
Last edited:
"Oh for Fucks sake!" snarled John, angrily.

"I'm starting to wish I'd never taken this bloody job."

He took a couple of deep breathes and then looked at Amanda carefully.

"Ok. Right. Our personal issues aside, this is crap. But - it might be crap we can turn to our advantage."

Neither John nor Amanda had reached this high in teh world of advertising without a certain ruthless streak, and John was banking that she would see his line of reasoning pretty fast. He began to pace.

"So. We go all all out on this campaign. We dedicate ourselves to it above and beyond what we normally would. We take advantage of the time we are beign given, and the fact that we are working without anyone else seeing what we are up to."

He stopped, and looked Amanda right in the eyes.

"If we go all out on this, then we don't just present it to the client. We present it to the AME advertising awards. With our names on it, not that of Far Future Advertising. We can enter it in several different categories - Entertainment, Leisure, Different Use of Medium and Use of Discipline categories."

His determination and drive were apparent, and for the first time Mandy could see just how John had gotten to the level he had held back in the UK office.

"We don't need to put up with being treated like this. So we take this crock of shit and run with it, and spin it into gold. if we can get even an honourable mention as an advertising team in the AME's, we can negotiate whatever terms with Curston - or a new employer - that we like. Even set up on our own."

He paused for a moment, wondering if he had gone too far.

"What do you think?"
 
"What do you think?"

This is getting out of hand, that’s what I think!


Mandy smiled. “That’s always been a dream of mine, to own my own business, but willing to co-own, with the right partner. Let’s…”

Her mobile phone rang. Looking down at the display, she said, “Oh, no! What does he want now? Hello?”

“Yes, Mr. Philpotts. That’s right. I did tell you that I already own an evening gown.”

“That isn’t necessary Mr. Phil…”

“One moment please, while I get a pen.”

Grabbing a pen from her desk draw, Mandy sat down and pulled a notepad close to her.

“Okay…what’s the addresses?”

Then she began to write down two addresses.

“Your limo is picking us at what time?”

“Okay, thank you Mr. Philpotts. John and I will see you in Chicago.”

After tearing off the bottom section of the notepad, Mandy handed it to John. “Apparently Mr. Philpotts has decided that the both of us will be wearing brand new outfits to the grand opening. That’s the address where he wants you get a tuxedo. You are to tell the store manager to put it on Philpotts’ account.

“As for Thursday the limo will come for me at 11, and will be at your place fifteen minutes later, and it appears that we will be the only two passengers on the corporate jet, as Philpotts is leaving tomorrow evening, and sending the plane back to pick us up.”

Ripping her portion off the notepad off, Mandy said, “Is it me, or does it feel like that we are permanently employed by Philpotts rather than Curstan?”

“Anyway, John, you best be getting home. I have been given the task to tell Rose of her temporary manager’s position. As for the suggestion you mentioned, I think it’s best if we discuss it when we are alone in the hotel, out of earshot of anyone else.”
 
Last edited:
John took the slip of paper, his large but dextrous fingers brushing against Amanda's as he did so and sending a slight shiver through his body.

And whilst all of Amanda's words registered, John was momentarily unable to reply as the words "when we alone in the hotel" exploded inside him with a feeling that was half lust, half shame.

He stuttered out his reply. "Right... Tuxedo... and yes.. this one client is taking over our lives, it seems..."

He shook his head to clear it.

"Yes... I should head home. Thank you Mandy... Stupid question, but I guess we need to dress professionally for the plane, yes? I will see about getting a couple of suits that are a bit more appropriate for the heat..."

He lingered, not wanting to go so soon, but really, what more was there to say? Nothing that was appropriate, or that would make the tension in the air evapourate.

He took a deep breath, the reverse of a sigh but with the same meaning.

"Goodbye, Mandy." he murmured, his voice low. Then his gaze met hers. "I'll see you on thursday."

Then, reluctantly, he turned and left.
 
Mandy sat in the limo, while the chauffeur placed her suitcases in the trunk. It was now Thursday, and it felt as if there hadn’t been a Wednesday. Now attired in a black jacket with a matching long skirt that slightly flowed outwards the lower it went down her legs, ending in the area of her shin. The blouse was a lacy long-sleeved white blouse. Her legs were encased in stockings, which flowed into modest high-heels. The top two buttons of her blouse were undone, so that she could wear an upside-down tear-drop necklace, which pointed directly to her breasts.

As for hair, it was worn up held in place by clips. Her hair, now that is a story of its own. Everybody at work saw that she was a brunette, but in reality she was a blonde. Being typecast in her teenage years that blondes were dumb in nature, she finally found a friend who would on a weekly basis colour her hair, hence the brunette look, but on Tuesday night, Mandy decided to put things right. After all she wasn’t dumb. She was the manager of her department, and dumb people didn’t hold that position, so she called her friend, and on Wednesday morning she had the colouring removed, and now she sported her natural glamorous silky smooth blonde hair.

Even the chauffeur did a double take to make sure that she was the same person he had driven to the club, two days previous.

As the limo drove away, Mandy also thought of her trip to the store to get her evening gown. At first the manager thought she was one of Philpotts’s new dancers, which Mandy quickly rectified. Being told that she would have to select the same type of outfit as the dancers, was a bit nerve-racking for Mandy, but the store manager was quick to put her at ease, by telling her that it was so that Philpotts could declare it as expenses on his business, and that she was under a commitment to wear them all at the grand opening, but after that, Mandy could wear the outfit however she liked.

Before she knew it, the limo pulled up outside John’s apartment building.
 
Last edited:
"Honey? Your ride is here!"

Kate, her dark hair still mussed up from bed, wearing nothing but a towelling robe over her petite frame, saw the limo pull up outside the block. In spite of herself, she was impressed - she wasn;t happy about this trip but the fact her fiance was being picked up in a limo somehow helped to validate it - it made her feel John must be valued by the company.

"I'll be right out." John called, as he finished knotting his dark blue tie around his neck. The suit was new, black like before but a much lighter weight of material much better suited to this climate. The shirt, likewise was thin but quality cotton, and tailoured to his broad chest. He stepped out of the bedroom into the open plan kitchen/dining area and moved up behind his fiance, pressing his body against hers and kissing her neck before stepping back.

"Mmmm..." she murmured, turning to look him up and down. "That new suit looks good on you. Shame your ride is here already, it makes me want to take it right off you again..." She slipped a hand inside the front of her robe and squeezed her own breast, playfully, as she stepped forwards and ran a hand down John's belly and over his groin, which could not help but respond to her touch.

He groaned and murmured "Oh you minx!" and she giggled in reply - the both knew he had to go, but both enjoyed the teasing. He leaned down and kissed her, a long tender kiss, followed by a playful peck on the nose, and turned to pick up his two cases - one a small dark blue samsonite suitcase, the other a large corporate briefcase that contained his laptop as well as his paperwork.

"Love you honey..." they said simultaneously, and grinned at each other, then with a last goodbye and promises to call every night, John hurried downstairs and out to the limo.

The chauffer took his suitcase and then opened the door, and John slid inside onto the leater seat. Already half turned on by his fiance's teasing, he gasped as he saw Amanda properly, his eyes darting to her deep cleavage briefly then back to her face.

"Wow, you look great..." he blurted out, before catching himself and deliberately placing his case firmly on the seat between them. Nonetheless the fact that he had a considerable bulge in the front of his trousers was unmistakable.

"I mean, uh good morning, Amanda."
 
"Wow, you look great... I mean, uh good morning, Amanda."

Mandy laughed. “I’ll accept the latter as a greeting, and the former as a lovely compliment, from a very handsome gentleman!”

Spying the bulge that John was wearing, Mandy leaned over and softly said, “I see that Kate gave you a going away present,” and then winked.

Then sadness came over her. “I wish I could have said the same concerning my boyfriend. He was more interested in looking at an adult video from Japan, where a female newscaster was undergoing what they call, ‘Bukkake’. I won’t go into details about the video, but I was pissed off, that he would rather watch that, than chat online with me. I only found that out when I got an email from him, explaining why he didn’t find the time to wish me well for the trip. I’m seriously thinking of ending the relationship."

Mandy was also thinking of telling John, about her boyfriend backing out of paying off a sexual bet, but decided against it, afraid that she had told him too much already.

“I’m sorry, John. That’s the last thing you wanted to hear, but I had get it off my chest, and I know I can count on you to keep it between us. “

Then she smiled. “You may be wondering why I’m sporting a different coloured hair. Actually, I’m a natural blonde. I’ve had enough of pretending to be a brunette.

“I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to seeing you in your tux!”
 
Last edited:
"And I am looking forward to seeing you in your evening gown..." he murmured in response. and out of it... a wicked inner self added, gleefully.

He flushed at the thought and tried to keep talking to hide his embarrassment.

"Your boyfriend must be some kind of fool... to want to see porn instead of talking to the real life you... you are a stunning young woman Amanda, and the blonde hair suits you..."

God... stop it you damned fool... he thought, but he couldn't take his eyes off her.

There seemed to be a certain inevitability about it. He couldn't ignore the attraction he felt to his boss, and it seemed clear that she shared it. Circumstances seemed to be conspiring against them, forcing them together, and the simple thought of what seemed almost certain to happen, in spite of his best attempts to resist, were causing John's heart to race.

He tried to change the subject to something safer.

"So... I've never flown in a private jet before, have you? Last time I flew was in business class, which is nice enough, but nothing like the luxury we are about to experience... What kind of amenities do you think Philpotts has on board?"
 
Mandy took in John’s question for a couple of moments. Like him, this would be her first time to fly in a corporate jet. “I would guess the seating would be the same as first class in a commercial plane, if not better, and probably with some facing each other, with a table between. Then there’s, phones, places to hook up a lap-top, television, and knowing Philpotts, he may have videos of his girls dancing,” winking at John, while she said that last statement.

Then the phone beside Mandy buzzed. What the…? “It’s Mr. Philpotts, for you Ma’am,” the chauffeur said through the receiver. “I’ll connect you now.”

Placing her hand over the receiver, Mandy whispered to John, “It’s Philpotts.”

“Hello?”

For the next few minutes Philpotts did all the talking, as Mandy just sat there in silence, but with an increasingly serious look on her face, before she eventually said, “Thank you for bringing that to my attention, and your apology, Mr. Philpotts. See you tonight, at eight.”

As she replaced the phone, Mandy looked at John, who was wearing an inquisitive look. “Philpotts has fired Price. Apparently, Price had no right to ask us to kiss, while posing for the hostess mock-up photos, as the member is only allowed to kiss the hostess, once on her cheek. She is not allowed to kiss him, and there is absolutely no kissing on the lips.

“Philpotts saw us through the club’s security cameras, which have built in mics, which are activated if there are signs of trouble, so they can hear what is going on. Apparently, when Philpotts confronted Price, Price responded by saying, that we requested it, as we were romantically involved with each other, but then Philpotts played back the audio from the mic, which Price had obviously forgotten about, or thought that Philpotts hadn’t turned it on, which showed that we were angry over his request. Philpotts has apologized to the both of us.

“Oh, he took Abigail with him, as a way of thanking her for being one of the first to apply at his club, so we will get the chance to me her again.”
 
Last edited:
John shook his head, bemused.

"Philpott's runs a tight ship, it would appear. Its almost a shame, I quite liked Price - it was him that suggested where I should pick up my new suits..."

He sighed, then sat bolt upright, his face colouring.

"Hell... do you think he watched more of the video? Did he see us... you know... and did we say anything in that room that might hurt the our professional relationship with the client?"

He lowered his face onto his palm, and groaned.

"Oh hell... if he watched and listened to us, this could be bad... how do you want to play it, Mandy?"
 
"Oh hell... if he watched and listened to us, this could be bad... how do you want to play it, Mandy?"

Mandy knew what John was going through. If his Kate found out about the two kisses, it could be disastrous to his impending marriage. But what Mandy was more concerned about was that he was only into his first week at his new job, and if Curston got wind of it, through Philpotts, John could be out of a job, and maybe herself.

Mandy sat there, silent, for a couple of minutes, planning a counter attack. Then she then leaned over, and said softly, “John?”

He looked at her, as she moved next to him. “I don’t think we need to worry,” Mandy said, trying to get John to relax. “Philpotts wouldn’t have fired Price, for just that one indiscretion; otherwise he wouldn’t have many staff, if just one mistake resulted in dismissal. No, I’m sure this isn’t the first time; Price has screwed up, somehow.“

Then Mandy put a hand on his, which seemed to comfort him. “As for Philpotts, his main concern is the task he's paying us to do. Take it from a manager’s point of view, as long as our private lives don’t interfere with the quality of our service, he won’t be interested, and as long as he doesn’t mention it, we won’t.

“Face it, John, we’re the best Curston has, and so does Philpotts, so let’s put this behind us, and get on with the job at hand, and enjoy our own private plane ride.”
 
Last edited:
Back
Top