Anyone from Iowa?

Originally from SW Iowa

Or Boonieville as it seems. Made my escape years ago with no plans of returning. All the same I am proud to be from there and have many fond memories. Still have family and friends there and visit now and then.
I find it fun to chat with Iowans as it is a comeraderie nicely shared.
 
I am from just across the river from Iowa (IL side). My work takes me to Iowa quite often. This week I had to make a stop at Maid Rite.
 
Well it is ccccold in SW Iowa this morning. Feel a bit sorry for the animals. Dog and cows were happy to see me. Mayberry- put some clothes on before you go get the mail today!
 
Well it is ccccold in SW Iowa this morning. Feel a bit sorry for the animals. Dog and cows were happy to see me. Mayberry- put some clothes on before you go get the mail today!
I certainly will....otherwise would have frozen tits and toes and other very chilly parts! :D Coldest night of the winter season so far! Good for staying in and cuddling. I am grateful for my four legged furry friend..Sammy the Dog.. He makes an excellent toe warmer! :) I feel sorry for the critters too... :( I am thankful they have thick furry coats to help them through this...

Hope all fellow Boonie dwellers are having a great weekend!
 
Just took the pooches outside and it is a chilly one. Staying in for the rest of the night.
 
Hey all - right between Fort Dodge and Dubuque - in the home of all those green tractors and the school that seems to school top 10 rated basketball teams on a regular basis.

And it's so cold out, my kid's snowman just knocked on the door to see if he could come in and warm up!!!
 
Woohoo, it will actually be in the 40's today for most the state! Mayberry can work on her tan on her way to the mailbox today!
 
Brrrr

Almost SD here. In the rest of the state thinks actually is SD. But been here a LONG time and found some great folks to chat/play with. Some even from IA. Hope to talk to you all soon. But for now gotta go put another log on the fire
 
Another walk back into the cold today. Good day to stay inside with a hot beverage and lurk about. Too cold to be in the shop or outside working for me today.
 
Getting tired of the freaking cold weather. I think I'm going to stay inside till March.
 
I hear Florida is nice this time of year...

But let's face it, in a few months it will be warm and everything will be turning green.
 
Maybe today I will get the water pipes thawed. Been frozen since Monday morning. Should have left the water trickling in the kitchen.
 
Maybe today I will get the water pipes thawed. Been frozen since Monday morning. Should have left the water trickling in the kitchen.

I feel a bit of your pain Dark. I had a cattle water froze up this morning. Luckily I am equipped for those emergencies- 10 minutes on my knees in cow poop & snow with a heat gun and I had it. Now there is a new heater under that cattle water. Not putting up with this shit on a daily basis.


Hey Mayberry- did ya run for the mail in just your pj's today?
 
All of us Iowans must be out and about enjoying this weather.
 
Back
Top