Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old Today, 01:13 PM   #4526
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

When I was working at an Adirondack resort, the reds were always served chilled, most of them were kept in a wine refrigerator. The sommelier would give people a dirty look if they ordered a chilled white with ice.

Oh, and I learned that when cooking with wine use what you'll drink. Cooking wine is high in sodium and low in quality.

Now I'm hungry, thinking of that kitchen. We had a German head chef who LOVED cheeseburgers with grilled onions, bacon and BBQ sauce LOL
Now proud **Playgrounder #333*

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Old Today, 01:33 PM   #4527
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjThoughts View Post
Oh, and I learned that when cooking with wine use what you'll drink. Cooking wine is high in sodium and low in quality.
I'm not alone! Yaaaaaay. Coz I use the drinking wine to cook with and my partner is, like "you didn't just use that chateauneuf-du-pape" to cook with did you?" Which is when he gets the "yes, and you object why?" Answer. And an evil smile coz by then I'm drinking the cooking wine.
A chinese girl is rescued from the date from hell by a biker in "Chinese Takeout"
Penny Cheng discovers that sometimes hard sex is the best in "Sometimes Harder is Best"

And all of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
And Chloe now drinks Black Rifle Coffee

Old Today, 01:38 PM   #4528
RjThoughts
they call me The Rojodi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
I'm not alone! Yaaaaaay. Coz I use the drinking wine to cook with and my partner is, like "you didn't just use that chateauneuf-du-pape" to cook with did you?" Which is when he gets the "yes, and you object why?" Answer. And an evil smile coz by then I'm drinking the cooking wine.
I'm of a "certain age" where, when I was younger, the chefs and cooks on tv would pour wine from a bottle into their food then take a swig or three for themselves. LOL
Now proud **Playgrounder #333*

"It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well." Rene Descartes

Old Today, 01:40 PM   #4529
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Well, I made it home. They dilated my eyes so I'm still half blind. The eye doctor gave me a set of plastic disposable sunglasses that would have made Ray Charles proud.

Of course today had to be blue bird skies without a cloud in sight. An hour and a half drive by the braille system. Even my computer screen is too bright at the present.

A slight change in my prescription and some eye drops for dry eyes. A little clouding behind the plastic lens but it is still correctable with glasses. No laser treatment required as of yet.

Lunch first and then a nap seem to be the order of business.

All Stories By TxRad

Old Today, 02:05 PM   #4530
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
"Cooking wine" is salted to the point of being undrinkable and it exists only so people who don't drink wine can cook with it.

If I were drinking chateauneuf-du-pape while cooking, I think I'd open something else to cook with.

My personal favorite is Oscar's Place.
My most recent is The Third Ring.
Up next is probably part 3 of "A Valentine's Day Mess"

Old Today, 04:32 PM   #4531
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
If I were drinking chateauneuf-du-pape while cooking, I think I'd open something else to cook with.
I only did that once, honest. He did get a little upset so now I don't use the chateauneuf or, god forbid, his Bordeaux's, for cooking.
A chinese girl is rescued from the date from hell by a biker in "Chinese Takeout"
Penny Cheng discovers that sometimes hard sex is the best in "Sometimes Harder is Best"

And all of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
And Chloe now drinks Black Rifle Coffee

Old Today, 04:36 PM   #4532
Handley_Page
Draco interdum Vincit

As I understood it, wine (including sherry) is not for the pouring into the food
(sherry trifle excepted); it's for drinking.
I remember it well. . . .

<sob>

Handley Page

Incident at Cemetery Junction.
" Pest Control."
"Mavis's Car Trip."
"Norman-the-dragon. "
"Stacy & the Angel. "
" Earth Tremor on Stage ? "
" Charlie's Story. "
" How to do Audio. "
http://www.literotica.com/stories/me...php?uid=883259

Old Today, 04:45 PM   #4533
sharingfantasies
Ratiocinator

Location: No longer with 14 million other people. In a cabin in the pines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Well, I made it home. They dilated my eyes so I'm still half blind. The eye doctor gave me a set of plastic disposable sunglasses that would have made Ray Charles proud.

Of course today had to be blue bird skies without a cloud in sight. An hour and a half drive by the braille system. Even my computer screen is too bright at the present.

A slight change in my prescription and some eye drops for dry eyes. A little clouding behind the plastic lens but it is still correctable with glasses. No laser treatment required as of yet.

Lunch first and then a nap seem to be the order of business.

That is a good report.

Old Today, 04:59 PM   #4534
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
I only did that once, honest. He did get a little upset so now I don't use the chateauneuf or, god forbid, his Bordeaux's, for cooking.
I did that with a $120 Amarone once. It turned out that I really don't like Amarone, so I threw some into a stew just to get rid of it.

My personal favorite is Oscar's Place.
My most recent is The Third Ring.
Up next is probably part 3 of "A Valentine's Day Mess"