"Jet Pack Blues" [OOC] (Closed for Vail_Indigo & ChasNicollette)

Altiera: Races

The Pirenne: City Of Flowing Green is a city of plant people, and biological technologies. Conflict with other cities has left non-biological materials and technologies in their grasp, but these tools are not their strengths. They do not like traveling outside the city since the land is not conducive to growth. This isn't so much a biological issue as a cultural fear. They have a Matriarchy, alternating between the Queen Of Sunlight and the Queen of Rain. Their isolationism is only broken by war.
The Fourteenth Queen Of Rain rules over the Pirenne. Her advisers are among those who have theorized about the Events, and so there is, and has been for generations, an Elite Guard armed with the best weaponry made at home, and stolen from other cultures. They hope that the next Event is something they can punch to death.


Those Of The Umbra: People who walk in shadow and call it down to serve them. They live in the Unbroken Pinnacle, a single, impossibly slender, towering mountain, surrounded by a chain of smaller peaks. These people can cast shadow, and use it in various mystical ways. Those who lead them are the Unseen, elders who have become one with darkness.
These people are allies of the Talik, and support them in their attacks on the plant people. The Unseen plan to use the resulting immortal lizard men as a defense against the coming Event. They do not care what price these soldiers might pay.

The Umbra also appear to have some strange connection to The Crystalline.

The Crystalline: The tall, slender creatures of the Crystalline hold neutral in this world. They are contemplatives, artists, poets. Their creations are, as their name implies, diamond, glass, colors. They are thinkers and high-creators, but far from helpless. Few have sought conflict with them. None have survived such encounters. They have no leaders, and are an anarcho-commune. Few leave their city, but a handful become wanderers, hermits, and scouts.
This is the one race where all its members are aware of the Events. Their hope is that their creations will survive the next Event..


The Talik: These Lizard Men are warriors, through and through, and come in all sorts of flavors, from the smart and nimble, to the mindless berserkers. The Talik have regenerative abilities, and are very difficult to kill. They war with the plant people in hopes of merging their regenerative traits with the special medicines the plant people have mastered, with the goal of creating immortal warriors that may survive the next Event.


Choreth: Bipedal wolves who, at some point in the past, left their predatory ways behind and became master tool-users and machinesmiths. Their city lays in a constant cloud of steam from them many pipes that carry superheated water to power their creations. They still operate under a pack mentality, to a degree. However, there are those who do not follow that mindst. They are the mad and the devious and the ones who make their technology step forward in sudden leaps. Called the Unhowled, they hope to protect their species through mad science.
The Choreth are allies of Pirenne, and supply them with their technology.
 
Last edited:
Altiera: History

Altiera has had intelligent life on it for a VERY long time. A million years or more. It also had a very diverse gene pool.
At some point, hundreds of thousands of years ago, a cycle began.
Every 1000 years, something horrible would happen, effectively wiping out society.
Enough beings have always survived to repopulate, scavenging the previous cycle's technology, and developing their own.
Then, another 1000 years would pass, and a new disaster or Event.
This has caused a number of seemingly unrelated species to evolve and, as numbers dwindled, for said species to congregate in concentrations, leaving freckles of cities along barren plains.
Due to the catastrophic nature of the Events, and the very long timeline, most individuals are unaware they even happen. But some in each city have questioned why history suddenly vanishes if they go back far enough, and fewer still have questioned and theorized the idea of the Events.
A few know one is coming soon.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top