Big Lie Simple Lie Repeat The Lie Eventually Will Believe Lie

gotsnowgotslush

skates like Eck
Joined
Dec 24, 2007
Posts
25,720
"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."


July 15, 2018

This lie of Trump's choosing surfaces, repeatedly


July 15, 2018

What Trump and Doocy said was untrue. There is no law, passed by Democrats or anyone else, that requires immigration officers to separate families that arrive at U.S. borders seeking asylum or attempting to enter the country illegally.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ty-show/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0861467f922d


Fact-checking Donald Trump's interviews with Fox and Friends, reporters on the White House lawn



By Jon Greenberg, Louis Jacobson, Bill McCarthy, Amy Sherman


on Friday, June 15th, 2018

What Trump has said, what Trump said today-


"I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That's their law. … That's the Democrats’ law. We can change it tonight. … The Democrats forced that law upon our nation."

The truth-

The Trump administration’s “zero tolerance” policy is responsible for spurring family separations. No law mandates it.

https://www.boston.com/news/politic...trump-assails-dems-for-his-own-migrant-policy

Trump said-

"I hate the children being taken away. The Democrats have to change their law. That’s their law.”

“That’s the Democrats’ law. We can change it tonight. We can change it right now.”

“That’s a Democrat bill. That’s Democrats wanting to do that and they could solve it very easily by getting together.”

“That’s the law and that’s what the Democrats gave us and we’re willing to change it today if they want to get in and negotiate but they just don’t want to negotiate.”


https://www.boston.com/news/politic...trump-assails-dems-for-his-own-migrant-policy

Trump’s repeated, but nonspecific references to a Democratic law appear to involve one enacted in 2008. It passed unanimously in Congress and was signed by Republican President George W. Bush. It was focused on freeing and otherwise helping children who come to the border without a parent or guardian. It does not call for family separation.




Why not just fix the problem with new legislation? Trump stated, inaccurately, that “the Democrats have control.” Republicans control both houses of Congress. He meant that his party does not have a large enough majority to prevail without Democratic support.

https://www.boston.com/news/politic...trump-assails-dems-for-his-own-migrant-policy



There is no such law — it is a policy. And the Democrats don’t own that policy.

Whenever parents are charged with a federal misdemeanor (entry without inspection in this case), or awaiting trial, they are placed in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service. Children cannot go to jail, so they are transferred to the custody of Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement. They are then placed with relatives, juvenile detention centers or foster care. That’s a longstanding Homeland Security policy.

The Trump administration has introduced a "zero-tolerance" policy calling for the prosecution of all individuals who illegally enter the United States. Families were rarely prosecuted under previous administrations.

We found no law mandating that children be separated from their parents.


http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...hecking-donald-trumps-unusual-white-house-la/

A day after Jeff Sessions defended the Trump administration’s policy of separating migrant children from their parents by citing a verse from the New Testament, the attorney general spoke about immigration and the Department of Justice’s commitment to “restoring the rule of law in our immigration system” in Scranton, Pennsylvania.

In his impromptu press conference on early Friday, following a friendly chat with Fox News, Trump blamed the administration’s family separation policy on Democrats. “I hate the children being taken away,” Trump said. “The Democrats have to change the law, that’s their law,” he added.

When pressed by a reporter, he insisted that Congress didn’t have the votes to change the policy. “We need ten votes. We can’t get it through because of the Democrats,” he insisted, adding that the policy couldn’t be changed through executive policy, though this is precisely how it came to be policy in the first place.

"The Democrats forced that law upon our nation. (said Trump)"


https://theslot.jezebel.com/jeff-sessions-warns-law-enforcement-about-children-and-1826865227

The Trump administration’s solution, now codified in policy, is to stop treating them as families: to detain the parents as adults and place the children in the custody of Health and Human Services as “unaccompanied minors.”


The (Trump) administration isn’t treating family separation as a punishment for illegal entry, just as a collateral consequence of it. But it’s a consequence of which they’re fully aware. They’re endorsing family separation as a policy, for anyone who makes the choice to forgo the wait (and the chance of rejection) at a port of entry and decides to cross the border between ports of entry instead.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...ns-illegal-immigration-border-asylum-families
 
Trump’s DOJ Contradicts His Claim That Democrats Are to Blame for Family Separation


JUNE 15, 2018

tRump is the reason for the forced breakup of these families, and he can halt it anytime he pleases.

Sessions’ DOJ acknowledged this fact while defending the government against a lawsuit filed by the American Civil Liberties Union. The ACLU argued that the Trump administration’s new policy violated immigrant families’ constitutional rights. In response, the DOJ argued that the federal court had no authority to review the policy’s legality, because federal law prohibits courts from reviewing the government’s determination “on where to detain aliens” in ICE custody. This decision, the law explains, falls within the “discretion” of “the Attorney General” and “the Executive.” And their “discretionary” conclusions, the DOJ asserted, are “not judicially reviewable.”


Absolutely nothing in Flores advises, let alone requires, the forcible division of parents and children at the border.

Rather, as the DOJ has noted in federal court, immigration agents are separating families solely at the direction of Sessions, who is implementing Trump’s policy preferences. If Trump directed Sessions to scrap the “zero tolerance” rule, family separation could stop, and children could be reunited with their parents. The president, however, refuses to do so.



https://slate.com/news-and-politics...jeff-sessions-doj-says-trump-is-to-blame.html
 
Trumpypants is making a demand from his alliance-make it legal for him to send the whole family back across the border.

GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch (Utah) is circulating a letter among his colleagues calling for Attorney General Jeff Sessions to put a freeze on the separation of immigrant families along the border until Congress can pass legislation addressing the problem.

Which senators signed the letter ? At least eleven.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...tter-calling-for-freeze-on-border-separations


Do you agree with the Trump administration's "zero tolerance" immigration policy, which has separated children from parents?

True Trump troll, Ken Paxton-Republican Attorney General-Yes
Trump troll-Michael Burgess-yes

Louie Gohmert-Silent, Pete Sessions-Silent, Ted Poe-Silent,Sam Johnson-Silent, John Ratcliffe-Silent,Jeb Hensarling-Silent, Joe Barton-Silent, Michael McCaul-Silent,Mike Conaway-Silent, Mac Thornberry-Silent, Randy Weber-Silent, Bill Flores-Silent, Jodey Cook Arrington-Silent, Lamar Smith-Silent, Kenny Marchant-Silent,Brian Babin-Silent, Dan Patrick, Republican Lieutenant Governor-Silent,George P. Bush-Republican Land Commissioner-Silent,Sid Miller-Republican Agriculture Commissioner-Silent,Glenn Hegar-Republican Comptroller-Silent, Christi Craddick-Republican Railroad Commissioner-Silent,

Kevin Brady-Unclear answer,Pete Olson-Unclear answer, Roger Williams-Unclear answer, Gov. Greg Abbott- Unclear answer-Telling the Democrats to take the deal, and end the crisis. Which deal ?

John Cornyn -No, but waffle, Ted Cruz- No, but waffle, John Culberson- No, but waffle


June 19, 2018

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/6213...cy?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=storiesfromnpr

Joe Straus-Republican Speaker of the Texas House-No

"Many of us are especially concerned here in Texas because thousands of children are being housed in our state and in facilities that our state agencies license."

Texas House Speaker Joe Strauss-"Congress should finally get immigration legislation passed that addresses asylum, border security and a path for dreamers along the lines that Congressman [Will] Hurd has proposed.”


Will Hurd-Republican-No

"This is clearly something that the administration could change. They don’t need legislation to change it. They don’t need Democrats in order to change it. This is a Department of Justice policy."


Al Green-Texas Democrat-Clear No, Kay Granger-Republican-No,
Vicente Gonzalez-Democrat- Clear No ("ripping families apart and herding immigrant children into a broken system."),
Beto O'Rourke-Democrat-No (This is inhumane.),
Sheila Jackson Lee-Democrat-Clear No ("President Trump, cease and desist, because you are moving the arc of justice to the heap of despair and the trash heap of injustice.")

Joaquin Castro-Democrat-Clear No ("cruel way of deterring and punishing")
Henry Cuellar-Democrat-Clear No ("One child separated from his/her family is one too many.")
Gene Green-Democrat-Clear No (“The inhumane practice of separating families at the border to deter families from immigrating to the United States must end.")
Eddie Bernice Johnson-Democrat-Clear No ("The inhumane practice of separating migrant children from their parents and detaining them in makeshift prisons does not represent American values.")

John Carter-Republican- Clear No (“As a grandfather of six and father of four, I think it’s heartbreaking to see children separated from their parents.")
Marc Veasey-Democrat- Clear No ("It is an atrocity that families are being torn apart at our borders)

Filemon Vela-Democrat-Clear No ("The American Dream is turning into an American nightmare)

Lloyd Doggett-Democrat-Clear No ("The Trump administration is violating human rights.")

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/0...al-delegation-and-statewide-lawmakers-about-/
 
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., told reporters he’s reaching out to Democrats for bipartisan backing, since the proposal would need to reach a 60-vote threshold to advance in that chamber.

https://www.boston.com/news/politic...o-huddle-as-outrage-builds-over-border-policy

55% of Republicans are standing with Trump's disorganized, badly planned, poorly thought out, disastrous and cruel plan to punish children and parents for seeking asylum.

The Republicans have been working up to act of making a child's worst nightmare come true.

Ripped away from mommy and daddy, by strangers. Sent to a prison for children, for longer than is legal.

Did you know the Border Patrol is not allowing the parents to give information that will reunite them with their children. The Border Patrol is not passing information along to Health and Human Services.

Border Patrol is patrolling the border, and keeping the people that really need sanctuary, out of the legal entry points. They are turning people away. Why is this happening ? They do not have enough people to process the people that are waiting ? Amurican tough guys earning a paycheck wearing para-military gear do not give a fuck about babies in the 100F sun. They do not care about crying toddlers. It would ruin their reputation with the other tough guys. That is what really is important-Macho Image! Intercision is easy, if you cut your emotions off.

Making an intercision between a child and their parents takes a cold heart.
 
Trump just set in motion another
slow-rolling humanitarian
and political disaster

June 20, 2018

Let's touch on a just a few of the upcoming challenges:

1) When Attorney General Jeff Sessions and DHS Sec. Kirstjen Nielsen began implementing their separation horrors, they put in place no mechanism whatsoever for tracking the separated children and reuniting them with their families. That contention was reaffirmed in the press call immediately following Trump’s EO (Executive Order)signing.

The United States government now has thousands of orphaned children in its custody and absolutely no roadmap—let alone proper documentation—for reunifying these kids with their parents. Think about the jailed "tender age" kids—many of them can't even speak. How the hell is the government going to find their parents?

This will involve months and even years of agony for parents and children alike. And it's a f*cking outrage.

2) The administration's new policy is sure to end up in court, even Republican lawmakers are admitting it—as is the Justice Department.


In other words, in contravention of the 2016 Flores consent decree, the Trump administration will seek to indefinitely jail families for more than 20 days.

The pictures of thousands of people, including kids with eyes puffy from crying, aren't going anywhere.

3) The federal government will now be in a mad dash to set up “tent cities” across the U.S. to house these detained families. In fact, Trump's executive order instructs the Department of Defense to create space for keeping these families together, so the internment camps will likely be erected on federal military bases across the southern border.

The optics of this, not to mention the tragic human toll, are going to continue to be absolutely horrendous.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...humanitarian-and-political-disaster#read-more
 
Next Week's Cover Of The New Yorker Features Migrant Children Huddled Behind Statue Of Liberty's Robes


JUN 21, 2018 5:39 PM


The plight of migrant children being forcibly separated from their families at the southern border has sparked widespread outrage this week. An estimated seven hundred of these children have been transferred to New York, and the disgust over the Trump Administration's "zero tolerance" immigration policy that's taking these children from their parents is the focus of next week's New Yorker cover.

The cover art is called "Yearning to Breathe Free," a nod to Emma Lazarus's "The New Colossus", which reads: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."


The New Yorker

@NewYorker
An early look at next week’s cover, "Yearning to Breathe Free," by Barry Blitt: http://nyer.cm/9KfEXNv

2:28 PM - Jun 21, 2018
pic of magazine cover at gothamist dot com

http://gothamist.com/2018/06/21/new_yorker_cover_migrant_blitt.php

Meanwhile, who knows wtf Melania is all about ? The children's jail in Texas was for teen children that had come into the USA by themselves. Not the children ripped away from their parents. She could have visited any shelter in Texas. She could have comforted the little ones. No one would stop tge President's wife. But, she did not want to. She could not bother to follow the script, and she did not make much sense. Just another publicity stunt. Another. Potemkin moment for the cult. They are all free to believe anything they want to believe.

FFS she is so detached, she cannot relate, cannot connect, and has no empathy.


It seems as if Melania has joined in on the trolling. She does not look well, under that thick paste of HD make-up. Maybe she is drugged. We will never know...


:(


Someday, if we are lucky, we may have some sanity, back in the government news.
 
Not working for CNN or LSM who have always been over 90% negative on Trump (opposite of their messiah, Obama).

The American people are smart enough to see through liberal lies.
 
A false equivalent argument, dressed up as whataboutism, was presented, because, who knows WTF Melania* and her inexpensive jacket, with a slogan that is a slap in the face to America.

In service to the truth-
Melania took the jacket with the rude, insulting slogan off, before she greeted the teens in lock-up.


Hurricaine in a teacup, over Michelle's pretty running shoes.

First Lady (Michelle Obama)sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540."

"That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring."



http://www.nydailynews.com/life-sty...ma-steps-lanvin-sneakers-540-article-1.376580

Michelle Obama was an American First Lady. She did her best. She did her job. You cannot say that about Melania. If Melania is ill, and suffering, I am sorry. I hope that she gets well. Barron should have the luxury of the comfort of his mother, despite what his family has done to America.

*Yes, Melania is rudely awakening to American freedom of the press. A president is not an aristocrat or a .... Peter Fonda should have worded his criticism in a less crude way.

Take the point that was made, Melania. Peter Fonda's words were poorly chosen, but the sentiment is American. America does not put babies in prison, or rip them away from their mothers for no reason. Russia does not control all of America. Just the horror that you have chosen to marry.

You do not want to think about Barron suffering their fate. Why should you ? It is not as if you were the mother of this country.

Oh, wait. Yes, you are. Or, should I say stepmother ? You went out in public to help with damage control for the White House. You completed your mission, and created some disinformation, like a good Russian agent. His cult will never suspect the truth.
 
tRump drags the "Angel Families" onstage, every time he needs reinforcement for his anti-immigration ideas.

Why does the repulsive and creepy things associated with tRump come back to haunt the people that meant well ?

Some of the original "Angel Families" dropped out, once they understood that they would be exploited for political purposes.

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/art...plies_Crime_Victims_to_Trump_for_Exploitation

The Remembrance Project, the non-profit organization behind “Angel Families,” you discover a virulent, extreme right wing anti-immigrant group, whose leader has a long documented history of ties to white nationalist groups of the John Stanton strain, the same family of extremists that includes the so-called Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR).

Both the Remembrance Project and FAIR are designated as hate groups by the Southern Poverty Law Center, with good reason.


2013 the Remembrance Project website posted a link (since deleted) to the infamous neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer, an article titled “Family Furious as Illegal Alien Let Out of Jail to Kill White People.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/trump-immigrants-abuse-campaign-239006


"Trump used the Remembrance Project to get to us, and the Remembrance Project also used him,” said Sparks, who was among the so-called Angel Moms who Trump brought on stage at rallies and speeches to tell their stories, including at the August 2016 speech at which he laid out his hard-line immigration plan.


Families affiliated with the Remembrance Project say they’ve not received any direct help from the group, despite several requests, and the group’s leader says that was never the intention. The Remembrance Project’s purpose, according to the Texas filing, would be “to help those persons who have lost loved ones from illegal activities of other (sic) create a remembrance to honor the life lost and to help in the healing process.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/trump-immigrants-abuse-campaign-239006


Gaining access to the tRump cartel


Yet, another "charity" is telling lies. Just like the charity that belongs to you-know-who. Where did hundreds of thousands of dollars, go ?

TRP’s inaugural conference last year, where then-candidate Trump spoke, tables cost upwards of $10,000.



https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch...e-project-hot-water-after-rival-group-emerges


(gsgs comment-Money pours into Maria Espinoza's non-profit. Why did the non-profit not offer to pay the "Angel Families" airfare, lodging and meals, when travelling to Trump photo-ops, and other political rallies ? Why did the payments come out of Maria's husband's pockets ? Before June 2017, the non-profit has informed the IRS that it raised less than $50,000, allowing it to file records that aren’t subject to public disclosure.)

(gsgs comment-Maria Espinoza has something tRump can exploit, something of value to trade. It is not legal to use her non profit for political purposes. There are regulations. No lobbying is permitted, but Maria had meetings with Attorney General Jeff Sessions. "Maria Espinoza and two Angel Moms stood proudly with Vice President Mike Pence and DHS Secretary John Kelly behind Trump, (...) as the newly sworn-in president signed a pair of executive orders related to undocumented immigration.")

Mar 2017

Maria Espinoza rises to the big time. She moves the office headquarters to Washington DC.


April, Lyng filed paperwork in Texas to form a more politically oriented arm of the group. He referred to The Remembrance Project Advocacy Incorporated as a “social welfare nonprofit,” suggesting it’s registered under a section of the tax code — 501(c)4 — that would allow it to directly support or oppose candidates and to lobby for legislation.


Thanks to tRump, the Victims of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE) office was created to support the program.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) established the Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement (VOICE)

What was the office and program used for ?

Informers.

Several hours after this story was published, the entire online library of FOIA documents from ICE—all the public records that the agency has ever released—went offline”:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...o-report-relatives-neighbors-strangers-to-ICE


*reads about Maria Espinoza*

She sold out everyone that she met, on her way up the ladder. Now, she promotes tRump candidates. She spouts the tRump party line on punishing the parents and children seeking asylum.

Clone organization ?

Mary Ann Mendoza spouts same anti-immigration message, has "Angel Families" as poster children, too


Advocates for Victims of Illegal Alien Crime (AVIAC) 501(c) (3)
 
"practically"


" I mean (Waters) practically was telling people the other day to assault. Can you imagine if I said the things she said?" asked (Pumpkin Killer Klown of Oval Office) who has encouraged violence against protesters at his campaign rally.

http://www.startribune.com/trump-tour-heads-to-north-dakota-with-senate-seat-at-stake/486646461/

No, Maxine Waters did not tell people to commit assaults.

But, the Pumpkin Kolor Killer Klown did.

Physical assault is what his fan base dream about, and that is what he feeds them.

(Pumpkin Klown) spent the night in Milwaukee. He was set to speak Thursday at the ceremonial groundbreaking for a massive $10 billion Foxconn factory complex in Wisconsin and attend a closed-door fundraiser.

Pumpkin Klown did not tell his fan base that Foxconn is downsizing, now. American tax payers gave Foxconn $4 billion dollars.

Foxconn scales back plans for its first factory in Mount Pleasant

Foxconn’s change in direction on its initial plans for its flat-screen plant has emerged only in the last few weeks



https://www.jsonline.com/story/mone...ry-smaller-than-originally-planned/740627002/

What did Pumpkin Klown get for his own personal piggy bank from China ? Permissions, leases, and deals worth millions, for himself and Ivanka.
 
We are tormenting families and children because MS-13 is a threat to our whole country ?

MS-13

Their role in the drug trade is minimal, and their role in human smuggling non-existent. The goals of local gang leaders are to control schoolyards–the notion that they could seize control of a “town” is a lunatic claim.


The Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency enforces border security; it does not conduct military operations to liberate cities. The region most commonly associated with MS-13 violence even in Republican minds is Long Island, New York; ICE does not conduct paramilitary town-liberation efforts on goddamn Long Island. If Trump is referring to the liberation of some non-American town, ICE does not go there. It processes immigrants, refugees, tourists, and the contents of shipping containers. It. Does. Not. Liberate. Towns.




And yet, once again, the staff members he has surrounded himself with continue to remain silent. Most are die-hard partisans focused on maximizing ideological power; to them, the president’s unfitness for office is irrelevant. They believe they can control him; it seems many in their ranks, from Mike Pence to Steve Miller, count on exploiting the man’s instabilities to push their own sub-agendas. Republicans leadership in the House and Senate have gone to extraordinary lengths to pretend they haven’t seen a stitch of it, or to pretend that their party leader inventing new falsehoods and delusions on an hourly basis is not so far removed from normal political banter that it needs condemning, or even addressing.


https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...d-unhinged-and-Republicans-don-t-seem-to-care
 
Emperor Carrot Head was incensed, that anyone would dare to mar his immaculate inauguration day, with shouts of protest.

To the victor, go the spoils. Not matter how spoiled and rotten the victor, is.


July 6, 2018

DOJ Drops All Charges Against Remaining Trump Inauguration Defendants




The DOJ charged over 200 alleged #J20 protesters with felonies, but it could only secure one felony guilty plea.


“However, it’s hard not to feel cynical about the enormous amount of power that prosecutors have to overcharge people, disrupt their lives, and then drop cases before having to face any consequences in court

Prosecutors conceded from the beginning of the first trial that they had no evidence any of the defendants had engaged in property destruction that day. Yet, they insisted they should be found guilty of felony charges for their involvement in a conspiracy to riot. Jurors disagreed.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/j20-trump-inauguration-protesters_us_5b3fc53ee4b05127ccf1ee6a


18 Months of misery, because Emperor Carrot Head was offended and upset. Emperor Carrot Head has used and abused the courts of this country to cause misery before he sat his potato shaped backside down in the Oval office chair.

Something lead him to believe that everything was in his power, to use and abuse.


Zoe Tillman

@ZoeTillman
BREAKING: The US attorney's office in DC is dismissing all remaining Inauguration Day mass arrest cases. The government had been unable to secure any convictions at trial so far; there were 38 cases


Statement from the US attorney's office:

3:24 PM - Jul 6, 2018


http://nymag.com/daily/intelligence...inst-all-j20-inauguration-day-protestors.html
 
A gamble worked to Trump's advantage. People are panic buying, and hoarding, before the USA tariff kicks in.

Why build a strong, healthy GDP, when all you need is a Potemkin GDP for a photo-op ?

It is not likely to happen, again. Extraordinary circumstances surrounded this occurrence.

July 27, 2018



That 4.1 percent growth rate is partially the product of temporary distortions in patterns of trade, and an ephemeral uptick in government spending.


When American producers increase their exports, GDP goes up. And, ironically, Trump’s various protectionist measures spurred a boom for U.S. exporters — because foreign buyers were eager to stock up on American goods before their governments slapped retaliatory tariffs on such products. Thus, the U.S. exported 50 percent more soybeans in May 2018 than it had in May 2017. And since this increase was driven by trade-war fears (as opposed to an explosion in global demand for tofu), soybean exports will likely fall dramatically in the coming months — and bring U.S. GDP down a bit with them.

Similarly, Congress’s budget deal increased federal outlays by 3.5 percent in the second quarter, which also provided a short-term boost to GDP. Elevated levels of government spending should continue for a while longer, but economists expect its impact on growth to peak later this year.

Meanwhile, private investment actually fell over the second quarter — a development that contradicts the GOP’s economic promises. When Republicans passed their multitrillion-dollar corporate-tax cut last winter, they insisted that the legislation would stimulate capital investment, and thus innovation, and thus growth. But this spring, business investment in equipment was sluggish, chugging along at its slowest pace since late 2016.


Consumer spending rose by 4 percent in the second quarter.

(Major purchases were delayed in 2016, and 2017.)

July 19, 2018

President Trump broke with a longstanding tradition of presidents not commenting on monetary policy on Thursday when said he's "not thrilled" with the Federal Reserve for raising interest rates.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/19/63058...interest-rates




CORNISH: Now, Chris, if that's so, what's driving this big 4 percent number, and why does Shepherdson think that it won't continue?

ARNOLD: Well, the reason it won't continue has also to do with what's driving it now. And so, OK, the tax cut - that's giving a boost now. But, you know, the tax cut gives a boost early. People got a big boost, a pay raise, if you will. But that's not - they're not going to get another big tax cut next year and the year after that and the year after that. So the impact of that will fade.



One is this historic turnaround stuff is a bit hard to take. There were four quarters in the Obama presidency where GDP was at 4 percent - 4 1/2 percent or better. So we do have strong quarters from time to time.

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/27/633001766/whats-behind-the-surge-in-gdp

AP FACT CHECK: Trump falsely claims historic turnaround


TRUMP: “We’ve accomplished an economic turnaround of historic proportions.” — remarks Friday at the White House.

THE FACTS: Trump didn’t inherit a fixer-upper economy.

The U.S. economy just entered its 10th year of growth, a recovery that began under President Barack Obama, who inherited the Great Recession.

https://www.boston.com/news/politics...ric-turnaround
 
There should be a deck of cards documenting his top 52 lies.

With every new tweet or press conference or softball interview on Fox and Friends you'd need to revise that deck of cards.

The man cannot simply open his mouth without saying something that is untrue. It's just a physical impossibility for Trump to speak the unvarnished truth.
 
30 percent of the country thinks that that is acceptable for someone (a President of the United States), to make a statement that when it’s flipped, or adjusted can then be interpreted as true."

"How you grapple with something like that where the underlying condition of the lie may be accurate ?"

-Alexander Heffner

gsgs comment- Trump and his team have found many loopholes to exploit. One of the worst of them, is that it takes a half hour to unpack a lie. It only takes a few second to tweet one.
/end gsgs comment


July 26, 2018

Trump made 54 false claims last week.

His last six weeks are all among his
10 most dishonest as president

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...among-his-10-most-dishonest-as-president.html


Sweet Little (and Big) Lies

Air Date: July 28, 2018

Daniel Dale interviewed by Alexander Heffner

The Open Mind (television series) a thoughtful excursion into the world of ideas across politics, media, technology, the arts and all realms of civic life.

18,29 lies, since July 2008

Example from recently was, you know, the President was claiming homicide in Chicago is way up. While homicide in Chicago is quite high, it’s actually down over the last couple of years, and so I pointed that out and then I had a barrage of his supporters saying, well you’re fine with this level of homicide, what he’s saying is that it’s a bad level of homicide and so it’s not my job in pointing out that it’s wrong when he said homicide is up to also say, well, you know, this is still an unacceptable level.


"...it seems like he is being authentic because he’s "just talking" even when he’s being hugely dishonest."

gsgs comment-

Trump pretends to be candid. He has learned to fake sincerity so well, it is convincing (for a short while.) It is effortless, on his part, because he has been practicing for years. Trump hates new speeches written by his staff. He hates getting written briefs. European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker brought simplified cue cards for Trump. I am convinced he can no longer access the part of the brain that enables a politician to learn new speeches. Trump's brain is a one trick pony. He may not come across as a polished, insincere, cool-headed, analytical politician, but he does not come across as the world's most intelligent and discerning of men.

Trump's habit is to trigger his brain to vomit out a free-association monolougue, and his train of thought sometimes does not reach the station. He forgets to include a pay off, to reward his audience. No punchline, to applaud. The example that I have posted is not the only time that Trump went off the rails, following a tangent. It is a consequence of a habit.

"I Have No Organ, The Only Musical Is The Mouth, The Brain Is Much More Important"

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-mouth-musical-instrument/

Even his fans get bored of his canned rant, at the Festival of Hate rallies. They are there for the fairy tale, and venting.
 
Back
Top