A New Contest: Your Input Needed!

Wherever we take it.
OR
We have no way to know.
OR
Just another sniping gallery.

So, you too think it was just something Laurel flipped out there to keep us distracted and with the false feeling of inclusion? :D

Guess next spring we'll know (like we knew last spring after an earlier thread like this one).

sr71plt said:
That said, where again is this thread going?
So, you too think it was just something Laurel flipped out there to keep us distracted and with the false feeling of inclusion? :D
Your first question: whither the future?
Your second question: why the past?

Past results are no guarantee of future performance. Temporal disconnect. Bzzzt.

Judging by other threads, this could morph into a lolcats hub.

Your first question: whither the future?
Your second question: why the past?

Past results are no guarantee of future performance. Temporal disconnect. Bzzzt.

No, but they're better indicators of future performance than the next available indicator.

No, but they're better indicators of future performance than the next available indicator.
That's why either lolcats, reminiscences, or Hitler references are inevitable -- in some timeline. Here, we'll see.

Back to possible contests. If my Fetish-Of-The-Month-Contest doesn't float your rowboat, how about... Anatomy-Of-The-Month. One month, mouth; next month, fingers; next month, armpits; et fucking cetera. Nostrils should be especially fun.

Or maybe Fantasy-Creature-Of-The-Month: were-creatures, juice-suckers; fucking unicorns / norns / orcs / dorks; mystic angels / demons / succubi / incubi; invisible friends; all like that. I guess we could include compassionate conservatives, too.

Another possibility: FanFic-Of-The-Month. Pick some extant commercial storyline and run with it. I won't be there; I hate the stuff.

Change-of-pace: Poem/Song contest. ONLY entries in the Poetry categories will be considered. Hey, they're fast and easy to read.

Back to possible contests. If my Fetish-Of-The-Month-Contest doesn't float your rowboat,

Ah, but it does float my boat, and I posted as much.

It's just sort of talking to a blank wall, if we go back to those indicators from the past.

Good ideas here.

Maybe it's time to whittle the possibilities down to 5 or so options? Then someone PM me and I'll start a poll thread? How does that sound?

If we can't it down to 5 or so, we could also do an elimination round first, then choose the top 4 or 5 from there.

Do know that this is a test run. Whichever theme is chosen in the polls will be the theme for next spring's contest. After that contest, we can all discuss it and see how it goes. It could become a staple of the Special Contests - like Summer Lovin' has - or we could try another idea the following year if there's a shared feeling that you'd like to try another idea.

Top Five Seem to Be...

Top Five seem to be:

~Spring is in the Air: Would include "March Madness," April Fool's, May Day, Easter, Passover, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's day, Spring Break, Spring Flings, etc....

~April Fool's: Stories (humorous or otherwise) of humor, tricks, etc.

~Historical Erotica Contest: Would include time travel tales as well as stories taking place anytime/anywhere prior to the current year.

~Game Day: Stories about games, sports or that are, themselves a "game" the reader plays while reading them.

~New Beginnings: stories about anything new or just starting. First meetings, first dates, first steps, first lesson, etc.

At least, my scan of all the responses here seem to consolidate into those. Yes?

Last edited:
Top Five seem to be:

~Spring is in the Air: Would include "March Madness," April Fool's, May Day, Easter, Passover, Cinco de Mayo, Mother's day, Spring Break, Spring Flings, etc....

~April Fool's: Stories (humorous or otherwise) of humor, tricks, etc.

~Historical Erotica Contest: Would include time travel tales as well as stories taking place anytime/anywhere prior to the current year.

~Game Day: Stories about games, sports or that are, themselves a "game" the reader plays while reading them.

~New Beginnings: stories about anything new or just starting. First meetings, first dates, first steps, first lesson, etc.

At least, my scan of all the responses here seem to consolidate into those. Yes?

I'd replace Spring with Art and Music, since Spring is so similar to Summer Lovin' and I'd replace New Beginnings with Workplace, since New Beginnings is so predictably Hallmark Card/Oprah, but apparently, my taste for erotica runs counter to the norm.

I'll go back to my dark corner and brood now. :)

My vote would be for a general Spring contest, as mentioned several times in this thread.

It could include many fun ideas; Spring Break, April Fools, spring cleaning, ect...

"Spring is in the air" sounds like a perfect title for this, as mentioned above.

Just my thoughts...

I'd replace Spring with Art and Music, since Spring is so similar to Summer Lovin' and I'd replace New Beginnings with Workplace, since New Beginnings is so predictably Hallmark Card/Oprah, but apparently, my taste for erotica runs counter to the norm.

I'll go back to my dark corner and brood now. :)
I'm open to all input :D I made up the list according to what most people seemed to want, merging as many subcategories as I could into larger ones so more people could have their favorites (i.e. instead of having three "Spring" categories--spring fling, spring break, spring is in the air, I tried to create one super "spring" category). But I wasn't, alas, able to include all the ideas.

I think April Fools is the strongest contender, in that it lends itself not just to a specific day but to many much larger themes: To be a fool in love, to be fooled by life or circumstance, etc.

Back