Reparations

Ramone45

Literotica Guru
I'm opposed due to the fact that they are patently unfair in every imaginable rspect. However, i feel like a parent with an annoying, whiny kid whom you want to shut up. Maybe we can turn this abomination into something good. By accepting reparations, the former slave community is made whole and the chapter is permanently closed.
In return for the payment. Social programs will end because they won't be needed. We could return the government to it's fundamental roles only. No more black history month.No more race card. Never any future payments. Everyone is the same. No public safety net. Go to charity if you need help. It might be worth it.

Surely you jest…..The entitlements we have now aren't going anywhere until the account runs dry. And by the account, I mean myself and other working people.

I'm opposed due to the fact that they are patently unfair in every imaginable rspect. However, i feel like a parent with an annoying, whiny kid whom you want to shut up. Maybe we can turn this abomination into something good. By accepting reparations, the former slave community is made whole and the chapter is permanently closed.
In return for the payment. Social programs will end because they won't be needed. We could return the government to it's fundamental roles only. No more black history month.No more race card. Never any future payments. Everyone is the same. No public safety net. Go to charity if you need help. It might be worth it.

All the members of the former slave community are dead. So are all the former slave owners.

If Caucasians had been enslaved in America, reparations would have been done a century ago.

phrodeau writes: "If Caucasians had been enslaved in America, reparations would have been done a century ago."

Okay, phrodeau - let's run with that: Reparations are LONG OVERDUE!

In 2009 (just ten years ago), the Democratic Party had a HUGE MAJORITY in the U.S. House of Representatives, with Nancy Pelosi as the speaker! Harry Reid had a HUGE Democrat majority in the U.S. Senate! And Barack Obama (our nation's first-ever black president) was occupying the White House!

The Democratic Party could have EASILY passed any reparations bill that they wanted to pass, and nobody could have stopped them!

SO WHY DIDN'T THEY?

The answer is that back in 2009 there was NOBODY worried about the black vote slipping away from the Democratic Party. Black voters regularly voted 90% for Democrats, so nobody took reparations seriously. But then 2016 happened. Hillary Clinton counted on a HUGE black voter turn-out in cities like Philadelphia, Detroit, & Milwaukee, but that didn't happen! Black voter turn-out for Mrs. Clinton was remarkably SHALLOW instead, causing her to actually lose blue-states like Pennsylvania, Michigan, & Wisconsin!

The Democratic Party is in a PANIC right now regarding how to bring black voters back into the fold, and the ONLY way they can think to do so is to bring-up REPARATIONS! If they don't win the black vote in 2020 their chances are toast!

If Caucasians had been enslaved in America, reparations would have been done a century ago.

Which would make more sense. I'm pretty sure that my first paternal ancestor who arrived in America was transported against his will into the Georgia penal colony. I actually don't care how he got here; I'm pretty sure I'm better off than I would be if he hadn't gotten here. Should I, over two hundred years later, apply for reparations in his name?

It's time to let that particular hurt go. Most should be damn glad they got here.

First, there were Caucasian slaves, but not as many of them. They were mostly Irish dissidents who were sold by various British rulers, although the majority of them were sent to British possessions in the Caribbean. Second, 160 years ago, such reparations would have been reasonable, but why should anybody get anything now?

This is the past. We corrected the evil and now all people are suppose to be equal even if some want to cry and demand to be more equal. But if we are going to live in the past then let's make the people responsible be the ones to pay. The Democrats, the slave party of the past and even now with their using and abusing the black voters. It was those who became or are Democrats who hold the sin of slavery. They made sure it remained even when Thomas Jefferson and others hoped to remove it. The leaders of the Party even got their people (most of whom didn't own slaves) to fight a war for it. (Before anyone wants to argue history I had family on both sides of that war just as I had in the Revolution. But that was then and this is now.) After many Americans of black ancestry fought and died in the Civil War their freedom lasted barley one generation before Jim Crow laws were passed mostly by Democrats. Remember it was the Democrats and their fight against integration that Doctor King marched against.

Even now when members of their party, example the three little racists pigs of Virginia and that so called actor in Chicago and the killings of thousands of blacks in Chicago and other cities controlled by the Democrats, they say and do nothing.

So if there are so called reparations than it is the DNC and the Democratic politicians that should foot the bill as well as the blacks and Arabs in Africa, that still deal in slavery, who should also foot the bill.

And should we hold the Native Americans to reparations for holding slaves also? Even after the Constitution outlawed it the tribes still took prisoners and made them slaves, whites, blacks, Latins, and even their own race.

How about the Greeks and the Romans and the Chinese and every other country in the world that had slavery at one time. Should any American who can trace their family back to one of the old countries demand that they get reparation?

And how come the people who are behind the demand for the past wrongs are not demanding that present day slavery, the dealing in human traffic be stopped and those regardless of being leftist or region bigots or just evil governments be made to end the selling of humans? People are being brought up from the south of the border, being sold in Africa and other places as sex slaves or like in China where they round up all their Muslims citizens and put them in concentration camps be protested against?

No the people demanding this are either political hacks hoping to get votes from foolish people, but won't give a dollar of their own or are people wanting free shinny things not realizing that their own families will be paying for it thru taxes.

This is the past. We corrected the evil and now all people are suppose to be equal even if some want to cry and demand to be more equal. But if we are going to live in the past then let's make the people responsible be the ones to pay. The Democrats, the slave party of the past and even now with their using and abusing the black voters. It was those who became or are Democrats who hold the sin of slavery. They made sure it remained even when Thomas Jefferson and others hoped to remove it. The leaders of the Party even got their people (most of whom didn't own slaves) to fight a war for it. (Before anyone wants to argue history I had family on both sides of that war just as I had in the Revolution. But that was then and this is now.) After many Americans of black ancestry fought and died in the Civil War their freedom lasted barley one generation before Jim Crow laws were passed mostly by Democrats. Remember it was the Democrats and their fight against integration that Doctor King marched against.

Even now when members of their party, example the three little racists pigs of Virginia and that so called actor in Chicago and the killings of thousands of blacks in Chicago and other cities controlled by the Democrats, they say and do nothing.

So if there are so called reparations than it is the DNC and the Democratic politicians that should foot the bill as well as the blacks and Arabs in Africa, that still deal in slavery, who should also foot the bill.

And should we hold the Native Americans to reparations for holding slaves also? Even after the Constitution outlawed it the tribes still took prisoners and made them slaves, whites, blacks, Latins, and even their own race.

How about the Greeks and the Romans and the Chinese and every other country in the world that had slavery at one time. Should any American who can trace their family back to one of the old countries demand that they get reparation?

And how come the people who are behind the demand for the past wrongs are not demanding that present day slavery, the dealing in human traffic be stopped and those regardless of being leftist or region bigots or just evil governments be made to end the selling of humans? People are being brought up from the south of the border, being sold in Africa and other places as sex slaves or like in China where they round up all their Muslims citizens and put them in concentration camps be protested against?

No the people demanding this are either political hacks hoping to get votes from foolish people, but won't give a dollar of their own or are people wanting free shinny things not realizing that their own families will be paying for it thru taxes.

Not only slavery back then, but the feudal system as a whole. It was not the same as chattel slavery, but the differences were strictly technical ones. Perhaps I should receive reparations from the British government for the wrongs committed against my English and Irish ancestors. That's in addition to the plundering of their ancestral lands from my American Indian forebears.

all lands between the Appalachian and Mississippi river were set aside to be used as the "home land" of all WHITE slaves that had been shipped over from Europe. That was the core of what was known as the Wilmot Proviso.

Reperations for blacks is a total joke. Perhaps 1/5 can even point to an ancestor who lived in American slavery. Yet they ALL want some free cash.

Remember it was black Africans and Arab Africans that created the slave trade and that 98% of the slaves went to the Latin countries. So the Latin's and the Africans should be held responsible and if money is to be paid it should come from them. (Now that statement blaming the people of today for what happened 100 or more years ago is as stupid as what phrodeau has said and the lazy people behind this reparation hoax.)

If you want Americans to pay remember if you are blaming the people and history of the past then you have to charge the Democrats as they were and are the slave party and still use slaves from south of the border for financial and political purposes.

I am sure that phrodeau has taken the political and moral side of the slavers and thus should open his wallet and pay his fair share.

But then everyone in the world has been slaves of others down thru history. What is important is now. Kidnapping and selling women and girls as the radical fake religious groups in the middle east and Africa have and as China and Russia have and as the DNC and George Soros has is happening now and this is where people should be wanting justice. These are the people and governments and groups that still want to live in the dark ages. They are the enemy of human rights. We learn from the past so that we don't repeat it. When people are uneducated as the leftist are in this country than people are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past. phrodeau and friends need to grow up, get an education and pop their head out of the sand. Or they will end up slaves like the people in Venezuela have due to people like Chavez, Obama and Sanders.

all lands between the Appalachian and Mississippi river were set aside to be used as the "home land" of all WHITE slaves that had been shipped over from Europe. That was the core of what was known as the Wilmot Proviso.

Reperations for blacks is a total joke. Perhaps 1/5 can even point to an ancestor who lived in American slavery. Yet they ALL want some free cash.

Fuck off, white supremacist. There was no such thing as "white" slaves shipped in from Europe. It was the white man implementing slavery against blacks shipped in from Africa and the Caribbean.

Further, the core of Wilmot Provisio was to BAN slavery from lands acquired in the Mexican-American War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmot_Proviso

Here are Senator Wilmot's own words:

“that, as an express and fundamental condition to the acquisition of any territory from the Republic of Mexico…neither slavery nor involuntary servitude shall ever exist in any part of said territory, except for crime, whereof the party shall first be duly convicted.”​

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/wilmot-proviso

My ancestors, all but one, came to this country from Scotland, Ireland, England and Germany. None of which had much to do with the slave trade. They landed in the USA at Boston, New York, Philly and Baltimore and migrated through New York, Penn., and Ohio. The Northern States. Two of my ancestors DIED in the Civil War, and a third lost a leg, fighting for the North. The United States of America. The side that opposed slavery. NOT the Confederate States of America who supported slavery. They made sacrifices to FREE the slaves.

Tell me, What do I, or my family, OWE descendants of former slaves?

Before the Civil War broke out less than a third of America lived in the South. Roughly 10% of Southern residents owned slaves. Of those roughly 5% were black.

ALL of them are long dead. Slaves and owners. Even the founders and leaders of the Confederate States of America are ALL dead. The only people tied to slave ownership today are the Democrats.

Seek your reparations from THEM. Not people who had nothing to do with it.

Fuck off, white supremacist. There was no such thing as "white" slaves shipped in from Europe. It was the white man implementing slavery against blacks shipped in from Africa and the Caribbean.

Many indentured people, which wasn't far off slavery. Also convicts (including for very little in terms of crime), often treated as slaves. In quite a few cases there wasn't much difference between what you called what was essentially the same control and use/abuse and lack of agreement on being here.

Of course the native Americans were just exterminated.

Now we know Fraudo's true identity. He's really Al Sharpton. Dumbest motherfucker who ever lived.

Further, the core of Wilmot Provisio was to BAN slavery from lands acquired in the Mexican-American War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilmot_Proviso

Here are Senator Wilmot's own words:

“that, as an express and fundamental condition to the acquisition of any territory from the Republic of Mexico…neither slavery nor involuntary servitude shall ever exist in any part of said territory, except for crime, whereof the party
shall first be duly convicted.”​

https://www.battlefields.org/learn/articles/wilmot-proviso

Hundreds of thousands of Irish slaves were sent to labor in the Americas, beginning early in the 17th century and continuing until American independence. That's in addition to indentured servants, which were not the same. Look up Proclamation 1625 by King James II and Oliver Crowell. There is all sorts of detail, if you care to google it.

Back