When Worlds Collide (closed)

J_Bella25

Experienced
Joined
May 22, 2019
Posts
53
...........gone..............

...........gone..............
 
Last edited:
Danny Butler


gerard-butler-cover-2-3_4.jpg


Danny was thirty four, but there were times his body felt like fifty. Two tours in the navy seals, and six years working as a narcotics detective, finally working himself up to senior detective will do that.

He hadn't planned to be out tonight, but back in the locker room he had been getting a lot of heat. "Jesus man, you don't ever go out, you do have a cock don't you Danny, if you never go out, you'll never get to use it!".

"Fuck you!" He laughed, but their words were painfully true. He got to wrapped up in hs cases, and working under cover as much as he did, and seeing the dregs of the earth hook kids, moms, and anyone else they could on drugs, was damn depressing. It was hard to get up to go out, let alone be charming enough to take anyone home.

Danny was six foot two, two hundred and fifteen pounds, of muscle and hard earned grit. He could still do almost anything he did as a seal, the recovery time was just one hell of a lot longer.

The night had been fun, the bar was great, but his eyes kept going to the redhead at the bar with her friends. She had looked over, but had caught him by surprise. By the time he mustered a smile she had gone back to her group.

Little by little his group paired off, and he found himself on his third scotch and water. The red head's friends had slowly departed as well. She was waiting to pay her check and had turned to look out at the city.

She looked as good from behind as she had from the front, no easy trick for a woman who looked like her. She was classic, the kind of woman who looked as smart and tough as she was beautiful, the kind of woman he was immediately attracted to.

She was looking away as he came up beside her, "See anything out there you like? If not, how about in here?" It was a cheesy line, but let's face it, suave he wasn't, and this was the best he could come up with at the moment. He hoped she at least laughed....
 
He knew he had surprised her, but she didn't jump, laugh in his face, or walk away, so...so far so good! He was actually shocked at how, even more beautiful she was close up, then she had been across the room. She had eyes, you could easily get lost in and never want to find your way back. So much so, that he had to take a breath and gather himself, something he almost never had to do.

He didn't want to get ahead of himself, but there seemed to be a little twinkle in her eye as she laughed, unclear if it was at him or with him, but as long as she stayed, he was still in the game. She wasn't tiny, but she was petite, and delicious, a look of intelligence in he carriage and delivery. Danny knew his size could be intimidating, and he had the rough edged handsome look that some women liked, but perhaps not one as classy, as this lovely lady.

Suddenly, she stuck out her hand, "I'm Cassidy." She had to see the smile and the twinkle in his eyes as she did, this was an opening, and it was all he could have asked for. He reached his hand out as well, "Danny...Danny Butler....it appears as if our friends have deserted us..." He winked, "I'm not sure about you, but ever since I saw you across the room, I never thought they would leave?"

It was a joke, but there was probably more truth to it than he would ever admit. He normally didn't stay, he was usually looking for the first opportunity to head back. The only thing different about tonight had been her, watching her in a way that leaving had considerably less appeal than usual.

"I don't know if you would consider another drink, but if not, how about a cup of coffee...my guess is you have an interesting story...and mine isn't half bad either?"
 
She not only didn't roll her eyes, but she did the cutest little blush, “Thank goodness for small miracles,” "Indeed" he smiled. From the look he wondered if she was an Irish lass, like he was an Irish Catholic boy. His parents had been so disappointed when he was actually accepted to Notre Dame and had the audacity to choose the US Naval Academy, however he will never forget the pride in his late mother's eyes when she saw him march and graduate in his navy whites.

He asked her to stay, and there was a pause that felt like an eternity as she looked at her watch.
Here it comes he thought, the polite brush off, despite his military training, Danny knew he had a bit of a rough edge, and his line of work trying to take down drug lords didn't exactly refine his manners. However, much to his surprise it wasn't a NO, “I---I’m sorry, I was just making sure I had enough time but yes, coffee sounds great. I would like that.” He wondered what kind of work she did, and why for some reason he thought he had seen her before.

They walked back in and he hustled ahead to pull out her chair, and least those manners hadn't been impacted, his mother had taught him well or face the business end of a ruler or the back of her hand. It was all meant in love, he was they youngest of four rough and tumble Irish ruffians, and the only woman in the house had to maintain rule somehow. They sat down and she made small talk, thank goodness one of them was good at it, Danny knew he was sorely lacking. The waitress finally took their orders, "I'll take my coffee Irish style, Jamison's if you have it?" He again winked, "I need to be at work early too, but in my line, I am a bit more used to this."

I can tell she doesn't realize how incredibly beautiful she is, which makes her all the more appealing, but to an Irish Catholic man, she is utter perfection, a throwback to Dublin itself. The waitress had barely left and she smiled a bit mischievously, “So… you said you had an interesting story to tell…let’s hear it.” He smiled, "Ah, a woman who holds a man accountable to his boasts....I like that....Okay, well, I'm a cop, a senior detective here in Albuquerque. I grew up in Santa Fe, the youngest of four boys. My parents did not have much money, my father worked in the trades. I was the only one of my brothers to go to college but I was accepted to the Naval Academy so school was free and I had a job when I graduate!"

He smiles and takes a long sip of his coffee, "I was selected into the Navy Seals and served two tours in Afghanistan and worked with the special forces. I retired as a Captain and came in and started as a detective. I guess I like going after bad guys, and I have to say the bad guys here are every bit as dangerous as the worst in Iraq and Afghanistan." He stopped and smiled, "there are more details, but that is the Reader's Digest version, but I am pretty much an open book for anything you want to know...what I want to know is about the beautiful redhead, has anyone ever called you Red?"
 
"Yes, many times while growing up.. and no, it hasn't stopped. But, I had a feeling you were in law enforcement.." He smiled to her reaction, Red just seemed the perfect nickname, she wasn't some frilly kept in a glass girl, she was a woman, and he guessed, or at least hoped she enjoyed the grittier side of life, as comfortable having a good burger and a beer as he was sure she was in a gown, heels, and champagne flute, but just not enjoying herself as much. He winked, "yeah, I'm sure I even smell like a cop at this point, but at least you know the drill. I'm sure your brothers have every bit as hard of a time leaving work behind when they come home as I do. The work I do tends to eat at and haunt your soul, and if you aren't careful you become as hardened and jaded as the criminals I am trying to protect you from."

Danny had more ghosts than a graveyard in his memories and for a moment he lost himself there. This was his last free night for a while, he would go deep under cover tomorrow, for God knew how long, that was the job. Immerse yourself in the filth and gather enough to figure out who were the worst guys amongst the many, many bad ones, and then get out before you became one with them.

That was tomorrow and this was tonight, and who knew when he would be with a woman like this again, in fact how many women were like this at all? He sighed, he knew almost instantaneously she was special, way too special for him.

"I went to college here at UNM in order to become a doctor, which I did accomplish and so now, I work as an ER doctor at the main hospital. And that's all I do is work and sleep it seems like." His eyes opened, that's it, that's where he had seen her, he had a perp in a few weeks ago, she hadn't attended him, some young kid, minted fresh out med school had. But he had seen her, all business, but a look that left a mark in a man's soul. She had been impressive, but then she was gone, but now here she was. Funny how life worked!

She made the cutest face, and he smiled as she sat back, "You know, when I put it that way... my life isn't that exciting, I'm sorry." He looked up startled, but before he could speak she went on, "Well, I mean, I do go out, like tonight. But it's so rare just because I'm always so busy with work. Although, hopefully that does slow down in the near future, but to be truthful, it probably won't only because we're so understaffed....I'm sorry Danny, wish I was more exciting."

"Hold on...I know now where I saw you, it was a couple of weeks ago, but you commanded the room. A colonel marshalling troops, kicking ass and taking names. You people save lives, all I do is try to catch bad guys while avoiding becoming one myself. There is no doubt who has the higher calling here....Seriously Cassidy, you were really impressive, I was in awe and that doesn't happen much....so clearly you are even smarter than you are beautiful." He stopped and his grisled face actually blushed, he was not one for compliments or flirting really. She seemed please though but to her nature she was all business.

"I better get going, it's getting late.. I should get going. It's going to take a while to get home only because I have to call a ride share and who knows how long they'll take due it being the weekend." His heart dropped a bit, "Really, already, I was hoping..." He saw the waitress walk by just then, "Check please miss?" He turned back to her. I was hoping maybe you might want to spend a bit more time together, I actually have a car her, parked out on the street just in front. It isn't anything special just my old Mustang I fixed up...." Truth be told he was quite proud of the classic car, and he tended to her like a mistress, no need or desire left unfulfilled. "...I promise I am sober, but would you allow me to drive you home...we could keep talking, and I would like that if you would...RED?" He looked and smiled, he was still blushing....
 
He saw her eyeing him up and down, but it wasn't as questioning as it was playful. He could be wrong, and he would be far more accurate if he were predicting whether or not he was about to get some criminal to confess than if a woman was interested in him, but there seemed to be real chemistry here. It was so unusual, one he almost never did what he had done here, actively going up and pursuing a woman, and two he had never felt this natural. He meant this as a compliment, but she was like talking with a man, she was down to earth, no games, confident in who she was and not soliciting false compliments. She was a capable woman, standing strong on her own two feet, building a life that had nothing to do with some man's affirmation, and every aspect of all of that Danny found just incredibly sexy.

He didn't like the cheap tramps and easy lays the other guys did. The mindless women who fawned all over sailors, as he had once been, or cops, as he was now. He had been raised a good catholic boy with morals and respect for women who respected themselves. Not that he didn't have cravings and desires, but he needed more, he needed substance, and Cassidy had more substance than any woman he had met in a long time, maybe ever.

When she answered him, it was as he had thought based on her body language, a yes, but with a spark, "OK, I'm going to trust you but just keep in mind, I can dismember a body and dispose of it properly..." He rolled his head back and laughed, and then he leaned in and whispered, "That is good to know, sometimes we cops make mistakes and it would be nice to have a friend that might clean things up a bit...." He looked at her and winked, "...I'll tell you what, if you want, you can have my gun in your purse, since your brothers are cops you know I shouldn't do that, and I also assume you know how to use it...so if I do anything you feel improper, you can just shoot me." He was teasing too...he liked her and he liked a girl with a sense of humor.

He paid the check and gently had his hand on her back as he led her to his car. He opened her door and helped her in as the mustang, rode a bit lower and required you to fold yourself in a bit.
He pulled up and into the driveway of her cute, pueblo bungalow, a few minutes later and turned off the motor, expecting to only walk her to her door, and was trying to decide if a small peck would be well received. However, she surprised him by turning to him, "Can I invite you in? We can either have another drink or I can make us something to eat... or we can just talk if you'd like.. I understand if you can't or don't want to."

She must have seen his smile, as he couldn't stop himself it was ear to ear. He liked her so much, and he was shocked by it himself. He was looking into eyes he wanted to get lost in, and then a sobering realization hit him he had to share. "Cassidy, I honestly don't know when I've met someone like you..." He reached over and took her hand, "However, I have to be honest...tomorrow I go undercover and I mean deep undercover, over in Santa Fe. We think we have a lead on a connection that goes all the way back to Columbia. I don't know when I'll be coming out. If that wasn't true, I would be running into your house with you...knowing I would call you tomorrow and ask to see you again. But I have no idea when that call will happen of if you will want it when it does. so yes, I'd love to come in...eat, drink, just spend time with you...but I don't want to do that under false pretense...you are too amazing of a woman to do that to."

He turned and opened his door, and came around and helped her out, again gently guiding her, but his hand a bit firmer and steadier on her mid back. They got to the door and he expected she would likely just politely say to call her and see when he got back...but he still looked at her hopeful...wondering how she had taken what he just said...
 
He had walked her to the door, part of him cursed himself for being so damned honest. Afterall, when if ever had he met a woman like this, and there he was doing he best to scare her off. Luckily for him, Red didn't scare easy. “Well… Danny… we’re both adults,...I know what I’m doing and obviously, you do too so, why don’t we just focus on tonight and see what happens. I understand what you’re saying and I’m good with it. When you’re done with your assignment, whenever that might be…well…” And then the sweetest most beautiful thing happened, Cassidy leaned into him, and his strong hand found her waist to steady her, her lips pressed in tight. It was a real kiss, a good kiss from a real and good woman. It didn't necessarily promise more, but one could hoped, and one Danny Butler hoped with all he had. “...we can see what happens after that…” She was turning her head, Jesus he wanted to kiss her again he soon would, but now he simply answered, "yes we will Red, yes we will."

He took her hand, he just wanted to touch her, and she turned on the light. He looked around, there were recessed lights built into the ceiling, dark beams across. The room was nicely decorated in southwestern furniture, casual but very attractive, a reflection of the woman herself. "I like it, I really like it, I can't remember the last time I felt like I was in a real home....It's nice, I wish I could get used to it." He saw her smile, and he needed no more, this time it was he who spun her into him, one hand on her waist the other strong hand gripping her slender back and rib cage, pulling her tight, his lips now pressed into hers, the slightest parting and his tongue brushed and tickled across her lip, knocking on a door he desperately wanted to feel open.

"I am a little hungry, but it will be awful hard to beat the taste of you." He winked, it was a chilly spring night, by now, and even if it wasn't the fireplace would set such a nice mood. "If you have anything around, I can scramble up some mean eggs, or an egg whilte omelette. We can start the fire and eat it there...any coffee?" He wanted a drink, he was actually nervous, but he had had plenty and he did have to work tomorrow. The fire was a gas one and she turned it on with a turn of her hand. And then headed to the kitchen. His eyes worked up and down her petite frame, and he imagined undressing her.

Perhaps it was inappropriate, or perhaps like everything else so far, they were exactly on the same wavelength, time would tell soon enough. As she entered the kitchen, she turned and caught him red handed staring at her, he only smiled and followed, "Now eggs sound good? What kind should I do?"
 
It was amazing how comfortable it was with her. There was an alignment, and a natural comfort, almost an intimacy from almost the first few words with the connection accelerating at a pace he was unfamiliar with. Their kiss had been more intense than he intended but he was not backing away. Maybe it was because they would only have tonight, at least for a while, but he wasn't doing any of the things he normally did.

He was wary of women, of anyone getting too close too fast, naturally wary, trust earned and not easily given. But not with her, she was so honest, so natural, she was obviously an incredibly smart, and intelligent woman, but if there was one adjective that most defined her, it was humble. Her humor was often bordering on self deprecating, perhaps she had to, men were probably intimidated by her. Danny wasn't, oh he was impressed, incredibly attracted, but he liked smart, he liked strong, he liked independence, and the wrapping on the incredible package was pretty nice too.

He smiled, holding her hand as they walked into her simple but highly functional kitchen. "Mmmm, this is my kind of cooking. Real bacon, green chiles!" he looked into the pantry and there were baked potatoes in there as well, and some sourdough bread. "Okay, beautiful and you eat like a real person, not a bird, over easy...okay, you will let me cook in bacon grease...is this really you Cassidy or is this an act...no woman can be this perfect...look like you and eat like this...I may just be in love!" He laughed and winked at her and then went to work.

He washed and chopped up the potatoes while he began frying up the bacon, It was nice thick slices and produced the abundant grease that brought the flavor out in everything. The potatoes chopped he put them in a separate pan. After he took the bacon off, he poured the chopped chiles in the grease to give it flavor, and then poured in a bit of the grease onto the potatoes and began frying them.

As he cooked she made the coffee and they talked and laughed like old friends. He asked about life in the ER and listened, he found it fascinating. Once he had nice momentum he cracked the eggs into the original pan, and put in the toast. Less than 10 minutes later, he was quite pleased at the plates filled with sunny side eggs, not a single yolk broken, fried potatoes with chiles, slightly crisp bacon, and sour dough bread toast.

o.jpg


He looked up at her as he carried their plates over, but as he got to her he teasing tucked them behind his back. "So, not so fast...you don't get to enjoy my hard work quite so easily...I told you...there was one taste I enjoyed more than even this...so...you give me mine and I will give you yours!" He leaned in and kissed her again, and this time it was not has firm, but it was long, lingering as their tongues danced and enjoyed each other. Finally they broke, "Hungry...I am hoping we are going to need our strength tonight..." He looked up at her, hoping he wasn't being too forward...HE LIKED THIS GIRL A LOT!
 
It was nice as they sat there eating. When she said she was changing he had dared fantasize for a minute, but she returned in a form fitting t-shirt, very flattering, but as functional as it was sexy. They were amazingly at ease with each other, probably cut from the same cloth of somewhat religious, Danny had grown up Catholic, had been an alter boy, and had been raised to respect his mother and father at all times.

He liked hearing about her life, but he also liked that her life had substance. She did things, helped people, rather than doing some silly fashion or marketing fluff, or worse yet push numbers around a page. She showed him the scars of her labors, “See?...a patient decked me one time...” he liked how she scooted closer to him to show him, and he put his arm gently around her, before leaning in to kiss the small scar softly, “that make it any better?” He smiled. “Okay, if we’re showing scars...” He unbuttoned his shirt three buttons and showed her a three inch scar from the blade of a knife on his neck, and then pulled his shirt farther down to reveal the scar od a bullet he had taken to a hospital left shoulder. “...and I can show you others, but you should at least buy me a drink first?” He teased.

“Hmmm, tell you about Danny Butler. I was raised in a large Irish Catholic family, my Dad was a cop in Boise, met my mom in high school and they were high school sweethearts. They went to Boise State, got married right away, and in the grand tradition of Irish birth control, had me eight months later. I am the oldest of eight kids, six boys, two girls. The boys were raised to be tough and protect our mother and our sisters. I’m sure my sisters wish we weren’t quite so protective.

The only way any of us were going to college was on scholarship or be in debt up to our eyeballs. I got accepted to the academy, played baseball there to, graduated near the top of my class, and was invited into the seals. My mother was terrified, but I never considered turning it down. They were the toughest and the best, it was an honor and a Priceline to be asked. My dad had built into me that I wanted to get the bad guys, and the seals went after the worst. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but I have never enjoyed or felt more a part of anything in my life. The transition to being a cop was natural. But I wanted to go undercover, so I had to go to a new area and ended up here. I tend to do my under cover work up in Santa Fe oe down near the Mexican border.


So, I showed you some of my scars, I’ve been shot three times by bullets and took a spear gun in my thigh when I was in the seals.” He looked at her, and saw the worry. “It’s okay, I’ve never thought I wouldn’t make it out alive, it just comes with the territory. I’ve been a lot luckier than some, including my former partner. It is why I am so careful when I go undercover, if my cover gets blown I am a dead man. A girlfriend of a drug lord heard him talking to his wife, and told her boyfriend and they executed him in front of everyone. I didn’t know what was happening until it was too late, I still can’t believe he was that foolish”

I stopped talking and sat silent. “Peggy, his wife was pregnant wit their third. She says she doesn’t blame me, but I blame me. I’m going back to get the guys that killed him, and the guys higher up that gave the orders. My mother always says, my sense of honor will cause my downfall, but I owe him...it’s just hard to explain.” He stopped, shocked at how much he had told her, even exposing some of the inner demons that most haunted him.
 
She was holding his hand, letting him deal with the moment, and letting actions speak so much louder and more profoundly than words ever could. She was there, with him, supporting him, but letting him deal with his pain and torment as he needed to. Her hand felt so good in his, soft, yet strong, loving and tender.

He felt her stand and hold him, she was not letting go, but wanted to lead him if he trusted her to do so. He stood and felt her embrace, her heart pounding against his, her soft cheek nestled into his neck. Had he forgotten how good a woman could feel, or had no other woman ever felt this good and natural?

She turned and led him, as if she was on a mission and he only needed to follow her. Suddenly they were in her bedroom. Danny was almost disoriented, as strong as his attraction was, as much as he wanted to be here, he truly never fathomed she might want it to. She was way too good for him, didn't she realize this? Wasn't he obligated to tell her?

She turned and faced at the foot of her bed, he searched for answers in eyes he was already lost in. "If this is too fast..." And she was kissing him, and his entire body kissed back, "we can stop..." And he only smiled..."It is you who should be staying stop...you will never hear that from me...not when an angel has invited me into her bed...you are inviting me into your bed, aren't you?"

He didn't wait for an answer, his fingers gripped her form fitting t-shirt and pulled it up and over her head as she smiled at him. Off he tossed it on the bed and gripped her bare waist and pulled it in tight to him, and this time he kissed her, open mouth, passionately, their tongues dancing as he felt her hands on his buttons, and his hands slid down to her tight, firm ass.
 
The kissing got more passionate as he found himself lost and wanting in a way that was so strange and so incredibly wonderful. He turned, every so slightly, so she could take his shirt off of him, and he heard a slight gasp, as she peeled it off his shoulder, and then he felt her delicate finger lightly trace the tattoo on his back left shoulder. He had almost forgotten he had it, it was such a part of him, a tighter brotherhood than even his very close Irish family.

147a60f3da8a0956dd7ef6b6de4e7bf3.jpg


"It is the Navy seals, I don't think of it as much as a tattoo as a badge of honor, it is a big part of who I am, Cassidy." She came back around to him and looked into his eyes. He wasn't sure how she felt about it, but he felt respected and understood, even closer to her, as if that was even possible.

There was no doubt where this was going, he knew how his body absolutely craved hers, and when she pressed her bare chest into his, they generated enough sexual electricity to light the entire building if not the city. He was so hot, he kissed and kissed her again, their bodies so tight it was like they were trying to become one! Suddenly her head tilted back, her beautiful red hair cascading behind her, and in a single whisper she captured him completely, "Danny"

She would not need to ask twice, he reached down and swooped her up in his strong arms....he carried her up and around and laid her head gently on the pillows, her back on the bed. He walked around and crawled up the bed as she gently spread her legs to allow him closer. He leaned down and undid the button and zipper to her pants and as she raised her legs he began to peel them off her. All the while he stared into those gorgeous eyes, no words spoken, but a fire of impossible lust and desire manifested and burning in each eye...both of them would be wonderfully tired at work tomorrow as this night was just beginning!
 
She had unbuttoned his pants, just as he had done her, and as she slid his pants down and over his hips, followed quickly by his boxer briefs, his cock sprung out straight and large pointing straight up at her at a reasonable angle above horizontal. He was so hard, he couldn't remember wanting a woman this much, but it didn't make him rush. Like the chance to enjoy a great scotch or cabernet, he wanted to enjoy every aspect, the look, the bouquet and aroma, how it tasted and how it felt.

"I'm sorry..." He was a bit embarrassed, he was clean shaven and quite large, almost 10 inches in length and a solid two and a half inches or more in girth. At least she was a doctor and had probably seen many as large. He saw her stare a moment at his steel hard prick, as he enjoyed her body, and noticed her delicate tattoo. "My reason is not as fascinating as yours," He smiled at her, and traced his finger over the delicate design. "Oh, I'm sure there is still a story, I'd love to hear it.."

As he waited he leaned down, still tracing the design with his hand, but letting his mouth find her breast, clasping his lips to completely encompass her areola, and circling her nipple with his tongue, first long slow kisses, teasing her entire nipple, then quick flicks with his tongue as he felt the nipple harden in his mouth. He ran his hand down her body, and then turning his palm toward her, his fingers down, he tenderly clasped her mound in his strong hand...
 
Daniel was incredibly attracted to her, everything about her was so feminine, but in a centered, secure way. Her body was perfect to his touch, and he liked how she responded, seemingly enjoying and encouraging all that he did. He felt her small delicate fingers and hand, grasp and begin to stroke his cock, he was about to tell her how incredibly good that felt, when she answered his question, "Let's just say it was a way to get over my fear of needles. As crazy as it sounds, I was afraid of needles and I needed to get over that fear. So.. second year of med school, I got the tattoo on a dare from some friends and well, like I said, not a fascinating story.."

He looked up from suckling at her breast, and saw her disappointment, he had to, he was laughing, “Don’t worry, I’ll get right back there, I was enjoying it even more than you...but that is funny. I’ll tell you, when I joined the Navy, I was worried about bullets, but I never considered having someone shoot me. I don’t know about yours, but my tattoo hurt like the dickens, and AI am supposedly a tough guy..I take it you lost the dare!” He was still chuckling when he went back and began to savor her other breast. They were petite, but nicely shaped and perky with smallish nipples that hardened to his touch. To him, her body was perfect!

He pressed her back so she was lying on the bed, and he was to her side so she could continue the stroking of his cock that was driving him crazy. He could feel the precum as he became more and more aroused. His cock throbbed ant twitched, loving her every touch. She had parted her legs earlier, he hoped she meant it encouragingly. He slid two of his strong fingers inside her folds, and up inside her wonderfully tight pussy. As he did, he searched for her button with his thumb, and began to coax it out from its hood. She felt incredible, and he was moaning to her touch as he moved his mouth up to kiss her again!
 
Back
Top