Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-10-2019, 10:13 PM   #51
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Wow, you're into this one so fast
A blank screen never stays blank for long around me.

Anyway, I had a couple of characters jump into my mind as I typed the title. The BJ sisters. Smoking dope on a hill overlooking Roswell. I had just brought a third character on when the shit disappeared.

Oh well, shit happens.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 02-10-2019, 10:16 PM   #52
gunhilltrain
Really Really Experienced

I already had a story planned that did not have a title. However it definitely could be "One Night in The Bronx."

Links to my submissions are here.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:21 PM   #53
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunhilltrain View Post
I already had a story planned that did not have a title. However it definitely could be "One Night in The Bronx."
Oh great 👍

And JugheadJane is doing One Night in Singapore

Chloe's latest is One Night in Xanadu", where a Princess of the Xiongnu finds herself in the Great Khan's summer palace and you can also find it in the One Night in XXX Story Event
And here's Chloe's second to latest, a little Gothic horror romance, Midnight at the Villa Diodati, where the Lady Li-hua Baskerville finds herself in Geneva in 1812, with her husband, Mary and Percy, Claire, Byron and one or two others....

All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #54
rebel_code
Experienced

Quote:
Alrighty! We're really rolling....

"One Night in Taipei" by rebel_code (I think I can ask to have that added retrospectively, it's not like it's a competition)

It's not a competition. No reason why it shouldn't be included if you'd like it in. The title fits to a T.
That's awfully kind of you Chloe, but my story actually doesn't follow the rules: it doesn't all take place in one night. But what if I were to rewrite it to make it comply, and add a subtitle to differentiate it from the original. That sounds like fun, and would also make it a "new" story, sort of.

All my stories

Old 02-11-2019, 01:48 AM   #55
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Working title for my One Night in New Orleans entry is Masquerade. Its just a working title now but I think its going to stick.

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 AM   #56
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Long ago was a Jan & Dean album IIRC called SURF CITY (AND OTHER SWINGIN' CITIES) with songs like HONOLULU LULU and KANSAS CITY and MEMPHIS and WAY DOWN YONDER IN NEW ORLEANS. A theme of A FUCK IN SAN FRANCISCO and A FUCK IN FULLERTON should do well.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:38 AM   #57
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel_code View Post
That's awfully kind of you Chloe, but my story actually doesn't follow the rules: it doesn't all take place in one night. But what if I were to rewrite it to make it comply, and add a subtitle to differentiate it from the original. That sounds like fun, and would also make it a "new" story, sort of.
Sure, go ahead.

Chloe's latest is One Night in Xanadu", where a Princess of the Xiongnu finds herself in the Great Khan's summer palace and you can also find it in the One Night in XXX Story Event
And here's Chloe's second to latest, a little Gothic horror romance, Midnight at the Villa Diodati, where the Lady Li-hua Baskerville finds herself in Geneva in 1812, with her husband, Mary and Percy, Claire, Byron and one or two others....

Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-11-2019, 06:39 AM   #58
RetroFan
Really Really Experienced

I admit this idea would be easier for me as I have experience at writing historical fiction and most of my stories are set in the past, but how about an erotic story set during a historical event? The event could be directly part of the story, for example the Titanic sinking in 1912; or playing a major part in the background such as the 1969 moon landing?

Old 02-11-2019, 06:54 AM   #59
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroFan View Post
I admit this idea would be easier for me as I have experience at writing historical fiction and most of my stories are set in the past, but how about an erotic story set during a historical event? The event could be directly part of the story, for example the Titanic sinking in 1912; or playing a major part in the background such as the 1969 moon landing?
One Night in Houston? Something like that? A historical event would be fine as long as its in the One Night in xxx title format and its over one night

Old 02-11-2019, 09:29 AM   #60
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Okay, back on track and 1k words in. I lost some of the insider jokers on the rewrite but it'll do for now.

"One Night in Roswell" is alive and well.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:24 AM   #61
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Okay, back on track and 1k words in. I lost some of the insider jokers on the rewrite but it'll do for now.

Sounds intriguing.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:48 AM   #62
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
We've spent nights in Roswell, near Goddard's rocket lab. And the UFO museum in an old supermarket downtown, ay yi yi! Much could happen there, and at the bottomless lakes on the outskirts. Not to mention bat swarms, or Mescaleros. I've set at least one story episode there but more could emerge.

ObTopic: I could suggest many events that I would likely not join because addle-brained. (Hundreds of wasps stung my head so my brain is addled by venom.) But LIT could see as many events as the Church calendar has feast days. Which saint will be sexually devoured this week? Or just pick days from the Old Farmer's Almanac and do something appropriate, excluding farm animals.

Old 02-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #63
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
....But LIT could see as many events as the Church calendar has feast days. ....
I think I got what I wanted, so I'm running with the "One Night in XXX" Event.

There's not a lot of big gaps in the LIT calendar between competitions so this is enough for me to run with for 2019. I don't want to be greedy and do more than one. Other people deserve the opportunities to cut loose with their own ideas

Old 02-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #64
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

So here's a question, everyone. Laurel asked if there'd be interest in running Geek Day again for May 25th, and speaking for myself, I loved the Geek Day stories. So what do you all think about doing Geek Day again for May 25th?

We could bring the One Night in XXX forward to mid-April. I'm thinking the "One Night" stories would be quicker to write so if we did One Night in XXX in mid-April, Geek Day mid-May and National Nude Day starting June 20. That'd be a nice flow, month by month up to June.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 AM   #65
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
So here's a question, everyone. Laurel asked if there'd be interest in running Geek Day again for May 25th, and speaking for myself, I loved the Geek Day stories. So what do you all think about doing Geek Day again for May 25th?
I had hoped to see Geek Day repeated. Would you be organizing it?

My current long-term project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday -- I swear. In the shorter term, I'm working on "Transcendent," a ballet story that may go to the Nude Day contest -- or maybe not.

A Christmas Tart was my entry in the 2018 Holiday Contest. It's a tale of true love and blackmail.

One Night in Gormaz is my offering for the "One Night in XXX" story event. It's an historical fantasy from Spanish history.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM   #66
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:

We could bring the One Night in XXX forward to mid-April. I'm thinking the "One Night" stories would be quicker to write so if we did One Night in XXX in mid-April, Geek Day mid-May and National Nude Day starting June 20. That'd be a nice flow, month by month up to June.
Speaking for myself, that schedule would be too tight for me to participate in both events. I don't currently have an idea for a GPD story, but if ONI was pushed up to April, I might not have time to finish. So I'll only do one or the other. The calendar will determine which.
Spencerfiction called it "Unputdownable"

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 02-11-2019, 11:34 AM   #67
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
...speaking for myself, I loved the Geek Day stories. So what do you all think about doing Geek Day again for May 25th?
Quick question from a newb. Is there a "place" I can go to find last year's stories and read up a bit?

Old 02-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #68
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusGoneAwry View Post
Quick question from a newb. Is there a "place" I can go to find last year's stories and read up a bit?
This links to last year's Geek Pride Day stories. And this links to last year's event announcement.

Discussion here was that the stories should be quite geeky; space operas, future distopias, and so on. I had a SciFi story ready ("The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village") and decided not to enter it because it wouldn't be geeky enough. In retrospect, I wish I'd saved it instead of posting early.

My current long-term project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday -- I swear. In the shorter term, I'm working on "Transcendent," a ballet story that may go to the Nude Day contest -- or maybe not.

A Christmas Tart was my entry in the 2018 Holiday Contest. It's a tale of true love and blackmail.

One Night in Gormaz is my offering for the "One Night in XXX" story event. It's an historical fantasy from Spanish history.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:48 AM   #69
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
This links to last year's Geek Pride Day stories. And this links to last year's event announcement.

Discussion here was that the stories should be quite geeky; space operas, future distopias, and so on. I had a SciFi story ready ("The Third Ring -- Tamsin of Sky Village") and decided not to enter it because it wouldn't be geeky enough. In retrospect, I wish I'd saved it instead of posting early.
Thank you, sir. A deposit has been made to your "off the record" account in the Caymans. Oops was I not supposed to mention that out in the open?

My bad!

Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #70
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
I had hoped to see Geek Day repeated. Would you be organizing it?
I'll ask PuckIt - it was PuckIt's idea originally but if he's not up to it or available I can run with it unless somebody else would like to step up. I don't mind doing it but PuckIt should get the credit for the idea. (update: I've PM'd PuckIt to ask)

It's honestly not much more than writing the announcement and starting the thread. Laurel looks after all the hard work around creating the page and posting the submitted stories. So yes, if PuckIt isn't available and unless somebody else wants to, I'll do it as well. On the other hand, if PuckIt's good I'll pass the baton on Geek Day

Last edited by ChloeTzang : 02-11-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:15 PM   #71
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:

I'd be more interested in reprising the Geek Day Event than in One Night. I like them both but there's no way I can work a back to back month schedule with those events. If we did that I'd bag the One Night and focus on the Geek Day because I've already started writing a story that would work well with Geek Day.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #72
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post
I'd be more interested in reprising the Geek Day Event than in One Night. I like them both but there's no way I can work a back to back month schedule with those events. If we did that I'd bag the One Night and focus on the Geek Day because I've already started writing a story that would work well with Geek Day.
Or we could just move "One Night" to later in the year if it's going to be too much of a push.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #73
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

The official LIT 2018 contest calendar looks like this:
Valentine's Day (February 14)
April Fool's (April 01)
National Nude Day (July 14)
Summer Lovin' (northern hemisphere)
Halloween (October 31)
Winter Holidays (northern hemisphere)
Nothing for March, May, June, and most of November. Nothing for Easter or equinoxes. No summer specials for the southern hemisphere unless Ozzies fly to Hawai'i or celebrate XMas nude. Nothing special for the Hijaz, eclipses, or the seasonless equatorial regions.

Of course seasonal and other events need not be formal contests, as the 750-word project shows. No sanction from Laurel is needed for author-provoked word-spurts. Start a story title with A DAY IN... or MAY DAY IN... or TAX DAY IN... and enjoy reader responses. Try EASTER IN GUATEMALA WITH PICKPOCKETS as a holiday event, or EQUINOX IN OSLO WITH SAL for whatever.

Or stage a dialog-only event. Zero narration; only the players' voices. Sure.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:46 PM   #74
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Or we could just move "One Night" to later in the year if it's going to be too much of a push.
If support for Geek Day is strong enough, I would recommend that. Maybe September, before Halloween but after Nude Day and Summer Loving.

Old 02-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #75
LaRascasse
I dream, therefore I am

Hey Chloe, here's another one for your tracker.

AmoryParks - One Night in Prague

Fate whispered to the warrior.
"You cannot withstand the storm."
The warrior whispered back.
"I am the storm."