Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-10-2019, 07:48 AM   #1
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Ideas for 2019 Story Events

Okay, it’s Sunday morning and my coffee is hot and I wanted to ask all of you your opinion on another couple of story events this year. I really enjoyed the different story events in 2018 and the 750 word one we just had was a lot of fun. Last years, with Geek Pride, was just great even tho I didn't get mine done and in so I was thinking of maybe jumping in and organizing a couple more for later this year.

(1) What do you all think about doing a reprise of the Australian-themed story event for the same time this year – Melbourne Cup Day, early November 2019. Would you all be interested in this? Plenty of advance notice if enough people are interested. If you are, I can ask Laurel.

And

(2) How about an Event based on “One Night in XXX" – where XXX is the city or location of your choice, real or fictional, but if it’s fictional it has to exist in a movie or a book or comic somewhere. Eg. “One Night in Paris.” “One Night in Berlin.” “One Night in Arrakis.”
Rules:
a. The whole story, start to finish, has to take place over one night.
b. One location, one writer. No multiple stories in the same city. We can track it with a table on the thread in the AH.
c. Aside from that, open entry, any category you like.

So what do you think?

Chloe's latest is Never Ending Love", the first of the "Tales from Old Shanghai" series and you can also find it in the 2019 Valentines Day Competition
All of Chloe Tzang's stories can be found here
Chloe supports our Veterans by drinking Black Rifle Coffee
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-10-2019, 08:13 AM   #2
LaRascasse
I dream, therefore I am

I'm on board with (2), even have an idea for a story sparking in my head.

One small suggestion is I feel the 1 story per city rule is too limiting. Cities like Bangkok and Las Vegas are basically made for a this type of story. It's only normal that more than one author might try their hand at it. I agree there is a need for a limit, but 1 might not be the answer. It tilts the scales arbitrarily towards those who post on the AH to "book" their city first.

Can we come up with a better way to ensure we don't end up with 25 "One Night in Bangkok"s and yet not discourage participation just because someone's city of choice is already taken?

Fate whispered to the warrior.
"You cannot withstand the storm."
The warrior whispered back.
"I am the storm."

Old 02-10-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRascasse View Post
One small suggestion is I feel the 1 story per city rule is too limiting. Cities like Bangkok and Las Vegas are basically made for a this type of story. It's only normal that more than one author might try their hand at it. I agree there is a need for a limit, but 1 might not be the answer. It tilts the scales arbitrarily towards those who post on the AH to "book" their city first.

Can we come up with a better way to ensure we don't end up with 25 "One Night in Bangkok"s and yet not discourage participation just because someone's city of choice is already taken?
I'm on board with that, I'm not sure what realistic way there is to make sure we don't have too many of the same city though. Maybe just ask writers to diversify a bit voluntarily? Thinking about it, it'd be a pain to track so maybe just ask for a bit of common sense.

Chloe's latest is Never Ending Love", the first of the "Tales from Old Shanghai" series and you can also find it in the 2019 Valentines Day Competition
Aaaaand... Chloe's first actual published short story ("Blood Sacrifice") now available on Amazon as part of the Sex and Sorcery 4 anthology
And Chloe's first novel, "Mistaken Identity", is also now available (on that website that sells books)

Old 02-10-2019, 08:36 AM   #4
LaRascasse
I dream, therefore I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloeTzang View Post
Thinking about it, it'd be a pain to track so maybe just ask for a bit of common sense.
Common sense is an ironically uncommon commodity, Chloe.

But... if we are going to do this, I might as well book mine (not that there is any danger someone else will hijack it)

I'll base mine in the city of Roanapur (setting of the Black Lagoon anime). If you haven't heard of it, it is basically twenty million kinds of awesome. A fictional Thai port which serves as the HQ for almost all the important criminal organizations in the world. A hub of the drug trade and trafficking in everything imaginable. A more-or-less self-policed lawless sprawl where corruption, greed and false promises lie around every corner.

Fate whispered to the warrior.
"You cannot withstand the storm."
The warrior whispered back.
"I am the storm."

Old 02-10-2019, 08:59 AM   #5
Zeb_Carter
.-- - ..-.

Just to get things started... One Night in Bangkok - Murray Head

Been there, won't write about what happened as it's still classified even over 40 years later.

I may try, if I can get out of this writers funk I'm in.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:02 AM   #6
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRascasse View Post
Common sense is an ironically uncommon commodity, Chloe.

But... if we are going to do this, I might as well book mine (not that there is any danger someone else will hijack it)

I'll base mine in the city of Roanapur (setting of the Black Lagoon anime). If you haven't heard of it, it is basically twenty million kinds of awesome. A fictional Thai port which serves as the HQ for almost all the important criminal organizations in the world. A hub of the drug trade and trafficking in everything imaginable. A more-or-less self-policed lawless sprawl where corruption, greed and false promises lie around every corner.
Alright! So now we have three entries.

"One Night in Roanapur" by LaRascasse
"One Night in Rio" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter

OMG! I'm assuming that we're doing this. - any other takers coz I haven't asked Laurel yet.

Old 02-10-2019, 09:19 AM   #7
JanusGoneAwry
Really Experienced

Quote:
Alright! So now we have three entries.

"One Night in Rio" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter

OMG! I'm assuming that we're doing this. - any other takers coz I haven't asked Laurel yet.
I'm down with it and I'd like to throw in my hat for the Big Easy!

Now to get started "It was a dark and Stormy Daniels night..."

― Oscar Wilde, The Happy Prince and Other Stories

~ ~ ~ My innocuous musings ~ ~ ~

Old 02-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #8
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanusGoneAwry View Post
I'm down with it and I'd like to throw in my hat for the Big Easy!

Now to get started "It was a dark and Stormy Daniels night..."

"It was dark when the lights went out in Georgia.... Uh wait, you said city, not state. Let me rethink this.... The blind leading the deaf and the dumb... The gangs all here.

Free plot bunnies if ya carry them off now.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 02-10-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

I like idea no. 2, but I don't think it's necessary to limit the number of stories about a particular place. The diversity of writers on this site will ensure there won't be a duplication of story ideas and plots.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:31 PM   #10
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRad View Post
Free plot bunnies if ya carry them off now.
One night in Saltlick, Montana. "Ma and me were just settlin' down abed, when there was a whirrin' kinda sound outside like nothin' I never heard, an' a big light come over the house..."

My current project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday. I swear.

Love is Enough, is a sentimental ghost story about two flappers haunting an old theater, and what an aspiring playwright does for them.

My Holiday Contest entry is A Christmas Tart. It's a tale of true love and blackmail.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:16 PM   #11
TxRad
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWise View Post
One night in Saltlick, Montana. "Ma and me were just settlin' down abed, when there was a whirrin' kinda sound outside like nothin' I never heard, an' a big light come over the house..."
I had about the same idea but it was set in some small town no one ever heard of called Roswell.

All Stories By TxRad

What doesn't kill you, will make you stronger.
Not to mention, battered, bruised, contused,
and completely dazed and confused.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #12
NotWise
Snipe hunter

Quote:
I had about the same idea but it was set in some small town no one ever heard of called Roswell.
Fair game. I'd actually have to change the name of Saltlick, Mt. There ain't no such place.

My current project is "Wolves of Winter." Its a neo-western romance that will be done someday. I swear.

Love is Enough, is a sentimental ghost story about two flappers haunting an old theater, and what an aspiring playwright does for them.

My Holiday Contest entry is A Christmas Tart. It's a tale of true love and blackmail.

Old 02-10-2019, 01:51 PM   #13
SimonDoom
Literotica Guru

The more I think about this the more I like this idea, especially if you can set the story in a fictional place in a book or movie.

One Night in Mordor. Orc sex! Has anyone written about that on Literotica yet?
One Night in Wonderland. The Nude tea party.
One Night on Endor. Ewoks . . . I'll let you think that one through.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:51 PM   #14
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

EDIT: Nevermind. Now that re-read Chloe's original post, I realize I misread it the first time. She wasn't asking for suggestions for events, she was asking for thoughts on her suggestions. My mistake. *blush*

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Last edited by LoquiSordidaAdMe : 02-10-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Old 02-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #15
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

I have some thoughts about "One Night in Gotham", though no problem if anybody else wants to write one too. I'm terrible at deadlines so it's only evens that I'll get it completed.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:11 PM   #16
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Quote:
You got it, Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonDoom View Post
The more I think about this the more I like this idea, especially if you can set the story in a fictional place in a book or movie.

One Night in Mordor. Orc sex! Has anyone written about that on Literotica yet?
One Night in Wonderland. The Nude tea party.
One Night on Endor. Ewoks . . . I'll let you think that one through.
Pick one, Simon. You can always change it!

Old 02-10-2019, 04:16 PM   #17
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

OK, after going through my plot bunnies, I do have an idea that might work. It'll take a lot of research though, so whether I get in will depend on the timing of the official announcement and the deadline. I do really enjoy these kinds of events though, so I'm going to go ahead and stake a claim to "One Night in Dubai".

Old 02-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #18
RubenR
Literotica Guru

I am considering to claim Degosay, but I'm not sure if it has a hotel; certainly not on Hotel-dot-com.

It all depends on the deadline, and I don't really have a story in mind, but I can see something taking shape featuring bed bugs, lice, mosquito's and other entertainment

Old 02-10-2019, 04:43 PM   #19
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

One Night on a Slow Moving Train

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

The Dark Chronicles is my take on one of the world's great myth cycles, and, in typical EB style, flows like a slow moving river and tumbles like a fast moving stream.

Now available as an e-book: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/A_A_Cain

Old 02-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #20
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Alrighty! We're rolling.... So now we have ten tentative entries. Altho I have changed mine. I'm going historical...

"One Night in Xanadu" by Chloe Tzang
"One Night in (redacted)" by Zeb Carter (I love that Zeb, if you don't do it, I'll do it for you and you gotta stick with "redacted" - that's just so mysterious / action thriller stuff)
"One Night in the Big Easy" by JanusGoneAwry
"One Night in Roswell" by TxRad
"One Night in Mordor" by SimonDoom - you gotta do it, Simon. You gotta!!!
"One Night in Gotham" by Bramblethorn
"One night in Dubai" by LoquiSordidaAdMe
"One Night in Degosay" by RubenR (invent the hotel, Ruben. It's fiction. Make it a bedbug flea rat ridden dive...)
"One Night in XXX" (subtitled, "on a Slow Moving Train" by ElectricBlue66 - you gotta pick a city, EB.

Look like there's interest. I shall ask Laurel.

There's a big gap between the April Fool's Day closing on March 20 and National Nude day Start June 20. How about a closing date of Tuesday May 21? Three and a half months away.

Last edited by ChloeTzang : 02-10-2019 at 04:46 PM.

Old 02-10-2019, 04:57 PM   #21
ChloeTzang
Literotica Guru

Okay, I have PM'd Laurel. Keep the story titles coming, everyone. Assuming Laurel agrees, it'd be great to have a good list of story titles and authors to include with an event announcement.

It's wonderful to see so much interest right from the start.

Old 02-10-2019, 05:03 PM   #22
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
"One Night in XXX" (subtitled, "on a Slow Moving Train" by ElectricBlue66 - you gotta pick a city, EB.
Strictly speaking you did allow a city or "location", but okay:

One Night in Dzamin Ude or, One Night on a Slow Moving Train

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

The Dark Chronicles is my take on one of the world's great myth cycles, and, in typical EB style, flows like a slow moving river and tumbles like a fast moving stream.

Now available as an e-book: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/A_A_Cain

Old 02-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #23
RetroFan
Really Experienced

How about a 'So Bad It's Good' story contest, where you write the worst story you can think of within Literotica's rules?

Old 02-10-2019, 05:06 PM   #24
JBEdwards
Virgin

Can I pick Shelbyville, Indiana?

Shelbyville is where people go to family reunions to cruise for dates.

JB Edwards

Old 02-10-2019, 05:18 PM   #25
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

Quote:
...How about a closing date of Tuesday May 21? Three and a half months away.
Yikes! I'll have to put my current project on the back-burner, but Ok. Wish me luck.