Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Authors' Hangout

Old 02-05-2019, 02:19 PM   #151
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

jezzaz, Thank you for taking the time to write and post that!!! I hope you don't mind that I copied and saved it for future recollection. This really does strike to the heart of what I've been talking about...simply learning from those more experienced. I know it's available outside of Lit, but we have some experienced authors here too and conversations like this can really help new writers. ~

All My Stories:
https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

BDSM TEST RESULTS:
== Results from bdsmtest.org == 99% Switch / 91% Voyeur / 87% Degradee / 85% Experimentalist / 77% Non-monogamist 77% Submissive / 76% Rope bunny / 74% Degrader / 66% Dominant / 25% Vanilla / 23% Masochist / 13% Sadist

Old 02-05-2019, 02:23 PM   #152
yukonnights
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithD View Post
Elements and story arc wouldn't be the same thing. The dilemma/conflict/change or resolution are the standard ingredients given for a story arc. I've amended the change/resolution over time myself when I discuss this in workshops because I find that no change/no resolution can be the ending of a story (and the message of it) just as well.

As for elements of a story, the standard ones given are setting/plot/theme/characters, which is good enough for me.
And a thanks to you too ! Another copy/save if you don't mind ~

All My Stories:
https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

BDSM TEST RESULTS:
== Results from bdsmtest.org == 99% Switch / 91% Voyeur / 87% Degradee / 85% Experimentalist / 77% Non-monogamist 77% Submissive / 76% Rope bunny / 74% Degrader / 66% Dominant / 25% Vanilla / 23% Masochist / 13% Sadist

Old 02-05-2019, 03:59 PM   #153
jezzaz
Really Experienced

Quote:
I've amended the change/resolution over time myself when I discuss this in workshops because I find that no change/no resolution can be the ending of a story (and the message of it) just as well.
This is indeed the case I've found too.

I remember a few great stories where the reveal at the end of exactly why the status quo cannot change - the entire story is about trying to resolve a situation, and the twist being that at the end, the protagonist is the one who perpetuates the status quo rather than resolving it, for reasons.

There are many many ways to tell a story

Old 02-06-2019, 11:22 PM   #154
Hypoxia
doesn't watch television

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezzaz View Post
There are many many ways to tell a story
Indeed. Written, too, as well as audiovisual or whatever. But I'll return to a basic question: Since writing is performance art, for whom do authors perform? Is your audience internal or external? I can create stories or songs or images that entertain me immensely but do nothing for anyone else. Must I please you?

Old 02-07-2019, 01:59 AM   #155
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoxia View Post
Indeed. Written, too, as well as audiovisual or whatever. But I'll return to a basic question: Since writing is performance art, for whom do authors perform? Is your audience internal or external? I can create stories or songs or images that entertain me immensely but do nothing for anyone else. Must I please you?
I please myself first, and readers can tag along, waiting to see what I'm indulging myself with this time.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

E-books and print books available from: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/A_A_Cain

Old 02-10-2019, 08:09 AM   #156
redzinger
Literotica Guru

Just found out about this. I did it a while ago, for a competition elsewhere, but stuck it up here afterwards. Got the normal comments from the cretins who can't read & thought it was too short.

https://www.literotica.com/s/he-spent-his-last-30

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons / Website/blog: www.torialyons.co.uk

Old 02-14-2019, 10:28 AM   #157
LoquiSordidaAdMe
Literotica Guru

The bombers really have it in for us. I figured the hate would die down after the N tags fell off, but apparently not. After the Valentine's sweep, my 750 story finally picked up an H tag. Then over night, I got two votes and dropped from 4.56 to 4.44. While there is something satisfying in the repetition of the new score, I'm surprised at how persistent the haters are. Anybody else? Or is it just me?
Spencerfiction called it "Unputdownable"

The rest of my prosaic little stroke stories

Old 02-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #158
oggbashan
Ancient writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoquiSordidaAdMe View Post
The bombers really have it in for us. I figured the hate would die down after the N tags fell off, but apparently not. After the Valentine's sweep, my 750 story finally picked up an H tag. Then over night, I got two votes and dropped from 4.56 to 4.44. While there is something satisfying in the repetition of the new score, I'm surprised at how persistent the haters are. Anybody else? Or is it just me?
No, it's not just you. It appears that some people hate the Red H.

Newest Story 23 July: https://www.literotica.com/s/nature-reserve-tax

Oggbashan's long list of stories and poems
Jeanne D'Artois' few

electricblue66:
It's like [oggbashan] is writing for the third puffin over there by the sixth rock, when everyone else is an emperor penguin in the Antarctic, where there's tens of thousands of the bastards.

Old 02-14-2019, 11:52 AM   #159
gordo12
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinger View Post
Just found out about this. I did it a while ago, for a competition elsewhere, but stuck it up here afterwards. Got the normal comments from the cretins who can't read & thought it was too short.

https://www.literotica.com/s/he-spent-his-last-30
That was excellent! Read and gave it 5*

Old 03-04-2019, 03:26 PM   #160
redzinger
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo12 View Post
That was excellent! Read and gave it 5*
Thanks. I need to do short story challenges more often to inspire me.

Today, I finally got around to uploading extended version I did for Grenfell - it's now a Romance called, 'Coming In From The Rain'. It's still only 3k though.

A part of me wishes I'd left alone, but the other thinks it was nice to answer some of the questions people have posed.

Twitter: @Toria_Lyons / Website/blog: www.torialyons.co.uk