Go Back   Literotica Discussion Board > Main Literotica Forums > Editor's Forum

Old 01-21-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
Dazzle1
Literotica Guru

Real life people in stories

Question

I had a story rejected because I used two real life people in a BDSM although the editor listed as non consenutial

I have seen 100s of stories involving bdsm, non consent and mind control with real people

What is the rule?

Old 01-21-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle1 View Post
Question

I had a story rejected because I used two real life people in a BDSM although the editor listed as non consenutial

I have seen 100s of stories involving bdsm, non consent and mind control with real people

What is the rule?
Literotica policy on this (extracted from FAQ):

Quote:
We do not publish non-consent stories involving real-life people, groups/organizations, or copyrighted characters.

Self-explanatory. Literotica does not publish stories in which real people or copyright characters are involved in forced sexual situations.

We do not publish celeb/fanfic stories in which the characters are artificially aged - that is, under 18 years old in reality or in the source material, but made to be over 18 for the story.

All characters must be 18 years of age or older at some point in the story, movie, television show, video game, manga, or anime upon which your story is based.
If other stories depict these activities, contrary to policy, they have slipped past the site editor's scrutiny for any number of reasons (she won't read every word of every story).

You can, if you find such content in published stories, report them - that will refer them back to Laurel for a closer review.

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

The Dark Chronicles is my take on one of the world's great myth cycles, and, in typical EB style, flows like a slow moving river and tumbles like a fast moving stream.

Now available as an e-book: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/A_A_Cain

Old 01-21-2019, 04:55 PM   #3
Dazzle1
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricblue66 View Post
Literotica policy on this (extracted from FAQ):

If other stories depict these activities, contrary to policy, they have slipped past the site editor's scrutiny for any number of reasons (she won't read every word of every story).

You can, if you find such content in published stories, report them - that will refer them back to Laurel for a closer review.
OK strange rule that I have stories posted with real life people.
But I can change it

Old 01-21-2019, 05:38 PM   #4
electricblue66
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazzle1 View Post
OK strange rule that I have stories posted with real life people.
But I can change it
The primary issue is the non-consent, I reckon.

Always best to write your own characters, not somebody else's. Solves the problem. Good luck with your tweaks .

My stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/m...ge=submissions

The Dark Chronicles is my take on one of the world's great myth cycles, and, in typical EB style, flows like a slow moving river and tumbles like a fast moving stream.

Now available as an e-book: http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/A_A_Cain

Old 01-21-2019, 09:08 PM   #5
Bramblethorn
Mallory Heart Surgeon.

My understanding is that Laurel used to allow celebrity NC through, but no longer does so. Old stories in the archive may not be representative of what's permitted now.