The China Pearl Inn part 9

Drifted along, a bit of shopping, cricket on the radio, this and that. You?

Spent the day deciding who should be the lucky ones to get my Primary Election votes. Ugh... you can only vote for those in your party and the majority of them didn't fill out the questionnaire for the Women's League of Voters. I like that site as it is non-partisan. They have a set up where you answer the questions as to your beliefs on the issues and it gives you an idea of who comes closest to being the best candidate for you. Unfortunately, I spent an hour or so completing the questions only find that very few candidates completed their questionnaires so that was a waste of time. Then I had to go through each person's website to see where they stood on issues. Ugh. Three hours later and I was able to fill out the ballot form. My problem is that I like some people from one party and some from the other party. And in Primaries you are limited to your party only. sigh, double sigh, deep sigh. But at least that is done.

Spent the day deciding who should be the lucky ones to get my Primary Election votes. Ugh... you can only vote for those in your party and the majority of them didn't fill out the questionnaire for the Women's League of Voters. I like that site as it is non-partisan. They have a set up where you answer the questions as to your beliefs on the issues and it gives you an idea of who comes closest to being the best candidate for you. Unfortunately, I spent an hour or so completing the questions only find that very few candidates completed their questionnaires so that was a waste of time. Then I had to go through each person's website to see where they stood on issues. Ugh. Three hours later and I was able to fill out the ballot form. My problem is that I like some people from one party and some from the other party. And in Primaries you are limited to your party only. sigh, double sigh, deep sigh. But at least that is done.

A complicated matter. You're dedicated.

A complicated matter. You're dedicated.

One should do due diligence before voting. If not, who ends up in office can be scary. If course, the majority of people pick their candidates based on a commercial or a smile or the guy next door's opinion, so... scary people in office happens. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
One should do due diligence before voting. If not, who ends up in office can be scary.

Quite. Odd candidates woudn't fill out the forms you mentioned, you'd think they'd want to make sure of as many votes as they could get. Seeing they're a bit lackadaisical could put people off I'd have thought.

Quite. Odd candidates woudn't fill out the forms you mentioned, you'd think they'd want to make sure of as many votes as they could get. Seeing they're a bit lackadaisical could put people off I'd have thought.

It certainly influences how I think about them. If you are too lazy to fill out a few questions, you are too lazy to be my candidate. :rolleyes:

Exactly. This is for the elections in Nov? Any upheavals likely in your neck of the woods?

I don't really know, this is my first Arizona election. So I am still learning who these people are. This is the election that decides who makes it on the final November ballot. In the November election I can vote for people in other parties. I tend to cross party lines looking for the best candidate for what I believe.

I don't really know, this is my first Arizona election. So I am still learning who these people are. This is the election that decides who makes it on the final November ballot. In the November election I can vote for people in other parties. I tend to cross party lines looking for the best candidate for what I believe.

Good idea. You're one of those people who can swing elections then, what they call here the "floating voter." I think I have voted in every election I could since the 1970's. I always think of those who sacrificed so much to give us the vote, doing it for them.

Good idea. You're one of those people who can swing elections then, what they call here the "floating voter." I think I have voted in every election I could since the 1970's. I always think of those who sacrificed so much to give us the vote, doing it for them.

::nodding:: I hate that so many people just toss that right away as if it isn't important.

The last of the packing is done and it is zero dark thirty. Came into base camp today after 20 hours on horse back. A little stiff but feeling good. On the road tomorrow and a two day drive back to the Seattle area.

The last of the packing is done and it is zero dark thirty. Came into base camp today after 20 hours on horse back. A little stiff but feeling good. On the road tomorrow and a two day drive back to the Seattle area.

20 hours on horse back and you are only a LITTLE stiff? Impressive, Chief, impressive. :)

Well done Chief, on one of your lecture tours again?

SF, like you I like to use my vote intelligently but right now in the UK that’s difficult. Here we’ve got two major parties and three minor parties who make up the numbers. As a serving soldier I honestly do not trust ANY of them!

Hi yourself kitty :kiss:

One should do due diligence before voting. If not, who ends up in office can be scary. If course, the majority of people pick their candidates based on a commercial or a smile or the guy next door's opinion, so... scary people in office happens. :rolleyes:

Ugh politics. But beyond that opinion, yes, one should really research the issues and candidates before just casting aspersions to the wind. We have more than enough scary people in places of authority all over the world. *shudder to think of it*

What does zero dark thirty mean? *confused look* Sounds like cryptic poetry. Are you camping or riding a horse to Seattle? Can one ride a horse in Seattle? I thought the new age hippies frowned on that sort of thing.

the Badger is omnipotent and always present! but also likes naps...

all Hail the Fuzzy overlord *breaks down in a fit of giggles at his own ridiculousness* :D

*Giggles like mad and starts to bow down to him*

mMmmmMMmm I like where this is going already!! :heart: :kiss:

I'll giggle your lurks ;) :kiss:

See that you do!! xDDD

Well done Chief, on one of your lecture tours again?

SF, like you I like to use my vote intelligently but right now in the UK that’s difficult. Here we’ve got two major parties and three minor parties who make up the numbers. As a serving soldier I honestly do not trust ANY of them!

Hihi how's you?!

I’m well Shiva, getting ready to take the new recruits to Spain for team building. How’s you?

I’m well Shiva, getting ready to take the new recruits to Spain for team building. How’s you?

School is the boring but otherwise great. Saw a sexy woodland creature for a weekend of fun recently and now my spirits are bright and plush. :devil:

Back