What made you smile or laugh today? Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dog.
She sleeps with me at night, not anyone else. I just recently realized she is MY dog. The dogs have always followed the hubs, but this one puts me first.
:heart:
 
Cool dreams about watermelons. Funny Freudian slips. Seeing a bunny.

Good morning. :)
 
Master might stay home tomorrow, mostly just to have a day, but also because I have some stressful papers to sign. I can do it alone, doesn't mean I want to tho...
 
I have ordered heelys.

I had to promise G I wouldn't try wearing them alone. I might not be able to do it, but I am fed up of wondering about things I cannot do. I am going to see what else I can do. :).

Careful with those things, they may look easy to use but can be a pain. But good you're trying new things, hope you have fun!


Always wanted to try that.

Master might stay home tomorrow, mostly just to have a day, but also because I have some stressful papers to sign. I can do it alone, doesn't mean I want to tho...

Glad he is staying, even if it's not for the best of reasons. Make the best of your time and I hope that things go well for you. *gives you a big warm strong right bearhug* Take care.
 
I want to try it too, now I have seen it, but I'd be quite a lot scared.

The heelys are almost certainly a recipe for disaster. I fall over walking quite a lot, and sometimes, though hardly ever now, use a walking stick. I am feeling very triumphant because after a stressful time on Thursday I managed a walk I know I couldn't manage quite recently, and little guy....a very fit dog, found it satisfying, because it was a warm day. It used to be in that City the hills made it hard for me to get around at all, even with a stick, but I was marching about like a soldier.

Thing is, I have wanted wheels on my feet for a while. And g said it was cheap enough for me to try and realise I couldn't yet or find I can. Even if I just wheel up and down the kitchen bench, it will be something. I might manage th farmyard. :).

Or the jump of the edge of the sheer drop for skydiving. :). You don't know until you try, right:)

Oh that's part of the fun with something like that. I love roller coasters, but always feel a little bit of trepidation at first, but always end up enjoying it. Have fun while you can, ya know?

I'd use the her lies on as smooth a surface as you could until you are comfortable with them, even the slightest bit of uneven traction can throw you off. I use to work at a roller skating rink, best thing you can do is take your time, have your feet shoulder width apart and be confident in yourself. With her lies, I have seen do a quick run then put the weaker foot slightly forwards, using their stronger foot to steer/maintain balance.

Just out of curiosity, what shoe size are you?
 
Daddy left the most lovely message for me to wake up to this morning. Later he sent me instructions on how reduce stress, made me feel so special and cared for, I haven't stopped smiling since.

Then I Spent a good 10 minutes having a conversation with my coworker about how he could act out a fake car accident using sound effects over the phone so I would have to do all his work this afternoon.

"Hey cake cups, I'm almost to the office, Ohhh shoot, scram bam scrappppe, oh shoot I'm gonna need you to cover all my appointments...."

I was cackling so hard I snorted sparkling water up my nose, it burned so bad which made me laugh even harder. Ah I love lazy unproductive days.
 
Last edited:
I ordered European 39. I am finding modern shoes have real disparity in fit though. I have some bigger shoes that are uncomfortably tight, and smaller ones that are loose. I have been known to buy shoes too big or too small because they are the last left in a sale and I think 'I'll suffer' or 'I'll buy sheepskin insoles'. I don't do that in real life any more, but e buying shoes is really tricky.


I might just hang on to G and have him walk around, but my idea would be to walk the dogs in them.




I also really want to ride a bike. Theoretically this shouldn't be so easy, and it's further to fall, but I found adult stabilisers on line the other day! :D

Hmnm so apparently a European women's 39 is a US women's 8 or so.....I do happen to have a pair of men's 6/women's 7 rental skates from the skating job. Need to repair them, but they should be in good working order. If not, I am sure that Amazon or some stores still sell skates, about $50 or so.....not the best quality (longevity wise), but great to train in.

Lol.....I think that's cheating....but I like your style. ;)

We all had to start somewhere....one of my nephews has a tricycle that he rides around, it's basically like an exercise bike with a front wheel and two rear ones. Just make sure to find your balance and stick to it.
 
Hmnm so apparently a European women's 39 is a US women's 8 or so.....I do happen to have a pair of men's 6/women's 7 rental skates from the skating job. Need to repair them, but they should be in good working order. If not, I am sure that Amazon or some stores still sell skates, about $50 or so.....not the best quality (longevity wise), but great to train in.

Lol.....I think that's cheating....but I like your style. ;)

We all had to start somewhere....one of my nephews has a tricycle that he rides around, it's basically like an exercise bike with a front wheel and two rear ones. Just make sure to find your balance and stick to it.

Master used to work at a skating rink too. He always made it look so easy :eek:
 
It's been too long since I've gone skating....could do some tricks, but it's not like I was Gene Kelly or anything like that.

It was terrific exercise.

Yeah he was in some kinda shape when he worked there. And a number of years younger lol.

He didn't so much do tricks, but could just.. glide, and go so fast seemingly doing nothing at all...

There's an origin story there, but I'll save that for another time ❤
 
So, how do you feel about towing me around when g isn't available. :). No tricks,..just, getting on with your day, me hanging on to your waist band or something. :)

No problem with that at all....I'd even do it free of charge. But if i wasn't skating....well, then it could be a little awkward. But anything to help out a pal. ;)

It also does matter what else you hold onto (and hanging off/dragging behind me) with. And I don't mean -that-. :p

For example....if holding onto my back pockets...if not careful, I could suddenly be going around in makeshift chaps!
 
In an attempt to feel better I decided to take a bubble bath. One with lots of bubbles and a yummy ginger smell. I left the bathroom door open. I relaxed for a while and when I peered over the tub, my little cat was standing silently watching me like the evil tub was eating me or something. I called her over and she seemed pretty curious, but was not happy to get bubbles on her nose. After she determined that things were ok, she left. :) She's a cutie and she makes me smile.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top