The Official Authors' Hangout Summer Lovin' Contest 2017 Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Well, another story occurred to me today. Might as well write it; I've got one entry in the can already, so we'll see how quickly I can crank this out and whether it's any good at the end.

It already strikes me as a wildly improbable story, but that's not a bad thing.

90% of this site would not exist without the wildly improbable. And - with 6 billion people on earth - the highly improbable happens quite often.

Agreed: not a bad thing at all

when i submit my story,,is there a special contest page to submit it to; or do i put a paragraph before the text

My story is written! It's not done, but it's written. I have at least a few days now to let it rest. I can think about it and maybe adjust pacing and such before I submit it.

Somehow the golf course took over from the swimming pool at the country club tale I'm working on. And I've only got seventy-two hours to finish!

But, I think I'll be all right.

Somehow the golf course took over from the swimming pool at the country club tale I'm working on. And I've only got seventy-two hours to finish!

You have almost three weeks before the contest closes.

Aaaaand... submitted. Let the games begin!

First time submitting with the new look... not sure I liked it.

Just submitted my first. Hoping to finish writing the second this weekend. We'll see.

That was all I was thinking of when reading your post. It should write itself, should it not? Whether your character goes the vengeance route or the redemption route, it should be great either way.

Well, I finished "Summertime Sadness" this morning and just submitted it in the Romance Category after writing all Friday, Friday night, Saturday and getting up at one in the morning this morning to finish it. A day to think about it and then two days and nights of just about non-stop writing, It was horribly horribly emotional and far too closely based on reality - except the main male character is actually based on two different people who meant a lot to me back then. Writing it's been a kind of catharsis for me but it's been pretty awful on my SO putting up with me going all emo on him for the last couple of days.

Now it's done, I'm off to cry on his shoulder and I'm going to be very quiet for a while now, this one took a lot out of me and it was very very personal. All the best to everyone else that has entries in or who's still working on them.

Well, I finished "Summertime Sadness" this morning and just submitted it in the Romance Category after writing all Friday, Friday night, Saturday and getting up at one in the morning this morning to finish it. A day to think about it and then two days and nights of just about non-stop writing, It was horribly horribly emotional and far too closely based on reality - except the main male character is actually based on two different people who meant a lot to me back then. Writing it's been a kind of catharsis for me but it's been pretty awful on my SO putting up with me going all emo on him for the last couple of days.

Now it's done, I'm off to cry on his shoulder and I'm going to be very quiet for a while now, this one took a lot out of me and it was very very personal. All the best to everyone else that has entries in or who's still working on them.

Good luck, Chloe (and everyone else who manages to get a story submitted). Finishing a story in time to enter the contest feels like the hottest fantasy I can imagine. And as unlikely to happen as the rest of my fantasies.

Good luck, Chloe (and everyone else who manages to get a story submitted). Finishing a story in time to enter the contest feels like the hottest fantasy I can imagine. And as unlikely to happen as the rest of my fantasies.

Oh Bucky! That sounds so sad. Why not hire a pro to help you with that fantasy? I mean, a ghostwriting pro, of course.

I may not get mine done in time either. There is always next summer!

Submitted!

Just submitted "Ascent of the Mountain of Hedone" for some Greek goddess-inspired summer lovin'! Good luck everyone, excited to read all your entries!

Oh Bucky! That sounds so sad. Why not hire a pro to help you with that fantasy? I mean, a ghostwriting pro, of course.

I may not get mine done in time either. There is always next summer!

Yeah, that's about where I'm at. I haven't given up exactly, but I'm still pecking away on the first draft and am nowhere near finished. I just don't see getting it done, proofed, edited, and posted before too close to the final bell for what is looking like a 5k novella to get enough votes to be eligible.

I'm still trying though. Added a couple more scenes today before I decided to take a break.

Just submitted "Ascent of the Mountain of Hedone" for some Greek goddess-inspired summer lovin'! Good luck everyone, excited to read all your entries!

Just that description has me interested. I like those Greek godesses--as long as they aren't upset about something. Then I don't want to be nearby.

Just submitted "Rekindling Old Flames" for the contest.

Fifty Shades of Grey meets Chevy Chase.....

Good luck everyone. Have fun, happy writing and reading!

Submission complete. 5 Lit pages in the unknown waters of the Toy & Masturbation category.

No cannibalism, buckskinners or cannabis in this one, I went for the stunningly original wet bikini theme instead.

submitted story friday. not up yet. should i worry

Did you go to http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1453286 and make sure to do this part?

- Author must copy and paste the phrase "SUMMER LOVIN STORY CONTEST 2017" in the "Notes" field of the submission. You can submit any time from now on, so long as you put this message in the NOTES field. We will not post the contest stories until the contest start date. Please do not forget to put this EXACT phrase IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. In fact, we recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos. If it is not in the NOTES field – or if it's typoed - we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!

If you didn't, may want to fix that. Based on the phrasing, I figure they probably use an algorithm to pull contest entries to the top of the bowl.

If you are sure you did, then it may be up tomorrow.

Did you go to http://forum.literotica.com/showthread.php?t=1453286 and make sure to do this part?

- Author must copy and paste the phrase "SUMMER LOVIN STORY CONTEST 2017" in the "Notes" field of the submission. You can submit any time from now on, so long as you put this message in the NOTES field. We will not post the contest stories until the contest start date. Please do not forget to put this EXACT phrase IN THE NOTES FIELD - NOT the description field or anywhere else. In fact, we recommend that you COPY & PASTE it into the NOTES field to avoid typos. If it is not in the NOTES field – or if it's typoed - we cannot easily find your story and it may not be approved in a timely manner to be entered into the contest!!

If you didn't, may want to fix that. Based on the phrasing, I figure they probably use an algorithm to pull contest entries to the top of the bowl.

If you are sure you did, then it may be up tomorrow.

did that

i checked it yesterday and i had fix a couple paragraph breaks,will that delay it

'A Fishing Trip to the Gulf' is Pending. Was taking the twins on a fishing trip a good idea?

Read and find out. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back