Old 08-10-2018, 08:14 AM   #51
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

So, do you find yourself scrolling through the personals and shaking your head or nodding your head going, "Nope, Nope, yep, nope, nope, maybe, nope."?

Old 08-10-2018, 08:17 AM   #52
formertroll
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlaflamme View Post
So, do you find yourself scrolling through the personals and shaking your head or nodding your head going, "Nope, Nope, yep, nope, nope, maybe, nope."?
i'm a straight guy so mostly I look through the personals saying "dude, dude, dude, dude, maybe, dude, dude, dude, god I hope she answers my pm, dude, dude, dude"

Old 08-10-2018, 08:18 AM   #53
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by formertroll View Post
i'm a straight guy so mostly I look through the personals saying "dude, dude, dude, dude, maybe, dude, dude, dude, god I hope she answers my pm, dude, dude, dude"
lol, yup, that too. Oh, thank you, that made me laugh.

Old 08-11-2018, 12:06 AM   #54
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

How often to people click onto this page just hoping to find a message that they can read and reply to? I think part off the problem is the thought of the site, it is an erotic site, so, it is presumed the messages are erotic. The fact is not all of them are nor do they need to be. There is nothing wrong with two people on an erotic site talking about anything but sex. And, there is nothing wrong with two adults talking about nothing but sex.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #55
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Wow! This got buried in a hurry. I had forgotten how many posts come on here. I guess this is my way of bumping it back up.

Keep smiling.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #56
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

So, I guess it comes down to a simple question.... how many of you have started a conversation, like really started one? You know, not, "Hey, I saw your post and have a big cock for you." But a real one, and never received a reply?

Old 08-17-2018, 12:11 AM   #57
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Or, on the flip side, have you ever received a message and been like, "WTF! Yeah, like I would ever believe that."?

Old 08-18-2018, 12:00 AM   #58
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Or, on the flip side, have you ever received a message and been like, "WTF! Yeah, like I would ever believe that."?
Nobody has had this kind of message?

Old 08-19-2018, 07:46 PM   #59
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Hey there. Yeah you. I see you just scrolling through the forums. Are you looking for conversation or is your desire a bit different? Well, if you are looking to talk, let me know. Have fun.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:29 AM   #60
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

wow! this fell down pretty fast. So I guess this is a way of bumping it back up.

What are you doing? Hoping to find a conversation? Trying to waist some time before you have to go? Just scrolling through to see the posts that make you laugh at they way they are written?

Well, have fun with it and enjoy your day

Old 08-24-2018, 01:24 AM   #61
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

I often wonder how many people join the site, stay a few days and never return.

Sure, it is exciting to look through some of the forums. Flicking through page after page of what people have posted. But, has anyone had a conversation that lasted more than a month? How about 2 months? Imagine a year of swapping messages with someone you will never meet.

That would be pretty sweet.

Old 08-27-2018, 09:47 AM   #62
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

How often do you log on just to see if you have a message from someone?

Perhaps you have a long term conversation going, do you smile every time you see they have dropped by to say hello?

Old 08-27-2018, 10:27 AM   #63
Kinkenglish
Literotica Guru

Quote:
I often wonder how many people join the site, stay a few days and never return.

Sure, it is exciting to look through some of the forums. Flicking through page after page of what people have posted. But, has anyone had a conversation that lasted more than a month? How about 2 months? Imagine a year of swapping messages with someone you will never meet.

That would be pretty sweet.
(Ok I took the bait )
Iíve had conversations that have gone on for over an year, and still do..
But I take your point, many (most?) fizzle out when you realise there isnít much in common once you have got over the initial thought, picture, video, personal that brought you together... itís (Lit) life
The personals are an amazing hit and miss melange..

Old 08-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #64
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkenglish View Post
(Ok I took the bait )
Iíve had conversations that have gone on for over an year, and still do..
But I take your point, many (most?) fizzle out when you realise there isnít much in common once you have got over the initial thought, picture, video, personal that brought you together... itís (Lit) life
The personals are an amazing hit and miss melange..
That is awesome, to have a conversation here for over a year.
There is no question conversations fizzle out because you have shared all that you can think of or wanted to share with another person here.
The personals is a very interesting place to see people. Sometimes the posts make you shake you head and laugh and sometimes they get you very curious.

Now, as for long conversations, do you feel a sense of loss when you no longer se a message from them?

Old 08-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #65
Kinkenglish
Literotica Guru

Quote:
That is awesome, to have a conversation here for over a year.
There is no question conversations fizzle out because you have shared all that you can think of or wanted to share with another person here.
The personals is a very interesting place to see people. Sometimes the posts make you shake you head and laugh and sometimes they get you very curious.

Now, as for long conversations, do you feel a sense of loss when you no longer se a message from them?

Sometimes, yes. It is like relationships imho, they are rarely Ďequalí and I sometimes feel a pang of regret when she moves on yet I still want more. That is life. Made sweeter by the occasional message that makes my heart leap

Old 08-27-2018, 11:13 AM   #66
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinkenglish View Post
Sometimes, yes. It is like relationships imho, they are rarely Ďequalí and I sometimes feel a pang of regret when she moves on yet I still want more. That is life. Made sweeter by the occasional message that makes my heart leap
I can completely understand the sense of loss when the messages stop, and the excitement in the heart when a message reappears.

Old 08-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #67
nikky4mama
Experienced

PM Sent

...with a Hello

Old 08-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #68
Knitting1
Experienced

A lot of guys on this site only want photos or experiences to go into their wank banks (IME).
Once they have them, the messages decline and they move on to the next target.

Good chat partners are hard to find but don't stop trying- they are out there - sifting through the duds to find the good ones takes time

Old 08-27-2018, 01:18 PM   #69
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knitting1 View Post
A lot of guys on this site only want photos or experiences to go into their wank banks (IME).
Once they have them, the messages decline and they move on to the next target.

Good chat partners are hard to find but don't stop trying- they are out there - sifting through the duds to find the good ones takes time
And I think that is part of what makes it difficult. Women don't typically want a conversation based on him trying to get his jollies. And they get sick of messages that are based on that.

Old 08-27-2018, 02:28 PM   #70
txgent101
Literotica Guru

Willing to try

I have had some lovely conversations with women that continued for couple of weeks. Thinking back, they may have gotten too sexual too quickly and the shine does wear off. Thereís also a time zone factor and real life. So both parties must be willing and understanding to make it work. What does one talk about? Work? Family? Feelings? Have to figure out common ground. It would be a lovely to have a continuing pm partner. I am willing to try, how about you?

Old 08-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #71
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgent101 View Post
I have had some lovely conversations with women that continued for couple of weeks. Thinking back, they may have gotten too sexual too quickly and the shine does wear off. Thereís also a time zone factor and real life. So both parties must be willing and understanding to make it work. What does one talk about? Work? Family? Feelings? Have to figure out common ground. It would be a lovely to have a continuing pm partner. I am willing to try, how about you?
Time zones can be an issue., I guess for a long ongoing conversation people would have to understand that as well.

Old 08-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #72
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

So, do I just say "bump" and make this thread move up for more people to see and say what they think as well?

Just saying, "bump" sounds weird....

Old 08-29-2018, 09:29 PM   #73
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Hey, where did you all go? I am not that scary am I?

Old 08-30-2018, 01:20 PM   #74
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

Or, for the ladies in the room, have you ever looked at someone's profile pic and said, "No way, won't talk to him,"?

I guess this would apply to men as well, but I don't think it would be as common, I could be wrong.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:45 AM   #75
rlaflamme
Literotica Guru

It has been a few days, so I figured I should give a hello on the thread. What is it that makes you want to message someone? Are there certain words you look for?

Do you look at the profile of a person you are about to message, and look at there activity?