The New Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:eek: Thanks for the encouragement.

(`_´)ゞI'll work harder!

...and try not to do this: ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

Sigh.

I think I was the last person to post in the old thread.

ANYWAY...

My old isolated blurt, which is no longer isolated (because it ties the old thread to this thread) is that I had my final interview for my dream job this afternoon.

I'm petrified.

I mean, what if they DON'T WANT ME?

*panic*

No need to be "petrified if they don't want you -- It it will be OK!
It is only when they do want you when you have to consider -- Do I really want this! -- Take time to consider what theyare really asking you to do!

Hell's bells. Got on the scales this morning for the first time in a month. Between decreased exercise :( and increased sugar consumption :eek: during the move I've gained...8 lbs.!!! :eek::mad::eek:

Needless to say I'll be hitting the gym like one demented. #@%*$

Autumnal Equinox

Monday, 9/22, is Autumnal Equinox!
I hope you got all of your Autumnal Equinox decorations hung!! :p
Hmmm... can I fit the words "Autumnal Equinox" in here one more time??
Meh.. kinda :D

Monday, 9/22, is Autumnal Equinox!
I hope you got all of your Autumnal Equinox decorations hung!! :p
Hmmm... can I fit the words "Autumnal Equinox" in here one more time??
Meh.. kinda :D

Neat!

What does one hang to decorate for the autumnal equinox?

Gourds and autumn wreaths mostly. How do I know, you ask? My aunt's Wiccan. :D

Makes sense. I guess I was curious about whether there was something interestingly specific. Hm, I like to decorate. :D maybe I'll make a wreath. Thank you, BTW.

Tram drivers are on strike. It's almost eerily quiet without the distant clunk of the rails.

I'm working on rounding out my little "cocktail bar" so I can make a reasonable variety of Drinks. with the addition of Gin and Vermouth, I'm pretty content. I've now made a total of 4 distinct cocktails, and there's plenty more I can make :D

I always used to think that toaster waffles was a singularly bad idea. Now I have concrete proof that I was right all along.

So.

Years ago, when I was largely ignorant of BDSM, I made the error of trying to distinguish between "real" slaves and BDSM slaves over on the talk board. I ruffled feathers and offended a good many folks here, in no small part because of my use of the word "real". I was trying, (unsuccessfully), to explain that there is a fundamental difference between those who choose to be a slave within a BDSM relationship, no matter how wired they might be for such, and those who are forced into illegal, non-consensual slavery.

My argument was clumsy and highly emotional and I unintentionally hurt feelings.

In the years to follow, I learned more about BDSM and, as a result, learned to respect the many different folks who fall under its umbrella and the lifestyle they live. I hope I became a good member of this little community.

But.

Not long ago I watched Twelve Years a Slave and you know what? Fuck it, I stand by my assertion. I'll respect whatever BDSM dynamic you follow and if you tell me you're a slave then I'll believe you. But if you try and tell me that there is no difference between you and the likes of Solomon Northup, or that BDSM slavery is on par with the slavery that existed in the southern United States, I consider that offensive. And ridiculous.

Sorry for the semi-angry blurt but that particular conversation has always stuck with me. It's not often I'll refuse to meet people part way on an issue but on this one I stand my ground.

ETA: It is possible to celebrate a lifestyle, kink, or personality without dismissing the past and current suffering of others.

Last edited:
So.

I was trying, (unsuccessfully), to explain that there is a fundamental difference between those who choose to be a slave within a BDSM relationship, no matter how wired they might be for such, and those who are forced into illegal, non-consensual slavery.

To me, that's your argument right there :)

I can't even wrap my head around that last part, was there someone actually saying their BDSM was on par with american slavery?

PS i'm already realizing this totally shoulda been in a different thread. Shame on us. : P

I believe that Keroin was referring to a discussion within one of these two threads: M/s...why or why not? or Do Masters want a sub or a slave?, though my search skills aren't what they used to be.

My point is that there have been many slave cultures over the centuries. To compare the worst to the gentlest, and then call one of them "not real" is unjust. To say they are not "on par" is very understandable, and I couldn't agree more if that's your stand.

Well, there's more to it than that but, as you've noticed, I stopped the "real" vs "not real" thing awhile ago. ;)

I can't even wrap my head around that last part, was there someone actually saying their BDSM was on par with american slavery?

To be fair, in the discussion I'm thinking of I used victims of human trafficking as my example and the response I received was that the only difference was consent. I don't agree with that, BTW.

To me, that's your argument right there :)

Yes and no. I think it is the heart of the argument but there is more to it, certainly.

my whole rant was pretty much unwarranted sorry.

My dearest Stag, I look forward to the day you stop doing this. You are worthy and so are your words. I don't care what you do on the rest of this board but please promise that with me you will never again apologize for what you say (unless you say something unkind about cupcakes). I want no apologies for your words, ever! :rose:

I believe that Keroin was referring to a discussion within one of these two threads: M/s...why or why not? or Do Masters want a sub or a slave?, though my search skills aren't what they used to be.

Thanks MWY! It was actually an earlier thread but it was fun to skim through those. I am reminded of how many smart people populate or have populated this board!

I do miss some of those heated debates. Good times. :)

Thanks MWY! It was actually an earlier thread but it was fun to skim through those. I am reminded of how many smart people populate or have populated this board!

I do miss some of those heated debates. Good times. :)

I'll chalk it up (why don't we chalk things down?) to advancing age and chemo brain combined. It's a lethal combination. ;)

I think we need to get down and dirty on martinis. Gin or vodka? Is the choice a deal-breaker?

I'll chalk it up (why don't we chalk things down?) to advancing age and chemo brain combined. It's a lethal combination. ;)

I think we need to get down and dirty on martinis. Gin or vodka? Is the choice a deal-breaker?

Oh no, I'm impressed that you even found the threads you did! And they are applicable to the discussion.

I hope that chemo gets the hell out of your system soon.

And gin. Always gin. To put vodka in a martini?

*laughs*

Oh no, I'm impressed that you even found the threads you did! And they are applicable to the discussion.

I hope that chemo gets the hell out of your system soon.

And gin. Always gin. To put vodka in a martini?

*laughs*

I was quite sure that you were on the proper side of this argument, but now I wonder about others. Will anyone admit to the apostasy that is the vodka martini? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back