The Isolated Political Blurt Thread

So it's pretty clear that the current occupant of the White House only got there because of a treasonous conspiracy, and the only possible exculpatory explanation he has is that he was clueless about it.

What do you do when a foreign power has hijacked your government?
 
So it's pretty clear that the current occupant of the White House only got there because of a treasonous conspiracy, and the only possible exculpatory explanation he has is that he was clueless about it.

What do you do when a foreign power has hijacked your government?
It's actually not pretty clear, which is why it's taken almost 2 years and likely will take longer to get something on him, because your conclusion is unquantifiable and impossible to be proven.
We know no votes were altered by any inside-or-outside organisation and there was no mass voter fraud, so the claim that he was somehow installed by Russia rests on this assumption that Russian propaganda efforts changed enough people's minds to get him elected, and that without those efforts he would have lost.

I doubt I need to explain the multitude of ways in which those claims are impossible to prove. Which is why that's not what Meuller and his people are investigating. Their goal is to pin financial crimes and concrete 'electoral quid-pro-quo's' with foreign (Russian) government interests onto Trump. Which is kind of difficult when he's offering to pardon everybody who the FBI investigates in exchange for them shutting up.

You'd think it would be easy to get Trump for financial crimes because of the insanely long list of corrupt dealings he's done with other nations, predatory payday lenders, big banks, etc, but it's so difficult because e.g. Clinton's charity was an enormous money laundering bribe-farm. So if they go after him for his money laundering casinos he can turn round and accuse them of genuine political bias for not going after the Clinton foundation too.
 
Last edited:
Clinton's charity was an enormous money laundering bribe-farm.

Since you've gone so heavy on what can't be proven, please provide the sourcing on this having been proven. Formal charges, court cases, legal judgments. Just what you are suggesting has to be shown in Trump's case.
 
Since you've gone so heavy on what can't be proven, please provide the sourcing on this having been proven. Formal charges, court cases, legal judgments. Just what you are suggesting has to be shown in Trump's case.
The Clinton Foundation [CF] was indeed an international charity but it also functioned as one of the primary ways the Clintons were involved in Washington pay to play corruption. Various organizations and countries bought influence in the Obama & Clinton administrations via the CF. E.g. 20 countries acquired fast-track weapons deals from the US state department under Hillary Clinton who gave no regard to the extremely non-humanitarian uses of those weapons, directly after throwing enormous wads of cash at the CF. 17 out of the 20 that donated to the Clinton Foundation saw increases in arms exports authorized by Hillary Clinton's State Department, sometimes to the tune of >100% increases.
http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foun...als-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187
It's just 17 examples, but you can find CF scandals going years back where a billionaire or other country gave giant checks to the CF, then Clinton's state department or other associated department turned around and staunchly supported that party's interests.

On me, you should also know I don't have black-and-white goggles on where the threshold is what's been proven in a court case. How many times have I brought up Trump's actual and overt, genuine collusion with payday lenders, fossil fuel companies, and foreign states such as Saudi Arabia,where he is literally enriching himself by facilitating state-sponsored terrorism in Yemen? I have no bias toward Trump whatsoever and I try to base what I believe on evidence, which is why I don't believe he had direct financial or strategic support from the Russian gov'. Yet.

That doesn't make any sense to me. Judgement of Trump should be independent from the things Clinton might or might not have done. I wouldn't expect people to get away from sentencing, just by pointing to others: 'but (s)he did the same'. If there is proof, then there is a case, I would think. That goes both ways. If there is no proof, then there is nothing to condemn.
That's actually a good point.
I find it impossible to believe there isn't already more than enough concrete evidence out there to get Trump, his entire family, all his business interests, and probably all his political and corporate buddies indicted on corruption or financial crime charges. I mean really, his entire Trump University was an enormous fraud scheme! But all I can do is speculate as to why it's taking so long to get that evidence.
 
The Clinton Foundation [CF] was indeed an international charity but it also functioned as one of the primary ways the Clintons were involved in Washington pay to play corruption. Various organizations and countries bought influence in the Obama & Clinton administrations via the CF. E.g. 20 countries acquired fast-track weapons deals from the US state department under Hillary Clinton who gave no regard to the extremely non-humanitarian uses of those weapons, directly after throwing enormous wads of cash at the CF. 17 out of the 20 that donated to the Clinton Foundation saw increases in arms exports authorized by Hillary Clinton's State Department, sometimes to the tune of >100% increases.
http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foun...als-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187
It's just 17 examples, but you can find CF scandals going years back where a billionaire or other country gave giant checks to the CF, then Clinton's state department or other associated department turned around and staunchly supported that party's interests.

On me, you should also know I don't have black-and-white goggles on where the threshold is what's been proven in a court case. How many times have I brought up Trump's actual and overt, genuine collusion with payday lenders, fossil fuel companies, and foreign states such as Saudi Arabia,where he is literally enriching himself by facilitating state-sponsored terrorism in Yemen? I have no bias toward Trump whatsoever and I try to base what I believe on evidence, which is why I don't believe he had direct financial or strategic support from the Russian gov'. Yet.
.

That's not responsive. In a post that basically says the Trump stuff can't be pinned down because it's not proven (this despite a formal charge made against his "charity" just two days ago by state authorities) you go on to just accept that uncharged/unproven allegations against the Clinton Foundation are a "given." They're not. And saying they are undermines what you are trying to argue in your post.

Both charities may be rotten as far as I know. It's the foundation of your argument that doesn't hold.
 
We know no votes were altered by any inside-or-outside organisation and there was no mass voter fraud,

We don't know any such thing. We have no evidence that any such thing happened, but that's not the same as knowing that it did not happen because logic.



... so the claim that he was somehow installed by Russia rests on this assumption that Russian propaganda efforts changed enough people's minds to get him elected, and that without those efforts he would have lost.

Hence, "pretty clear" and not "beyond any question."

Their goal is to pin financial crimes and concrete 'electoral quid-pro-quo's' with foreign (Russian) government interests onto Trump. Which is kind of difficult when he's offering to pardon everybody who the FBI investigates in exchange for them shutting up.

For Mueller's purposes, it doesn't matter if the effort affected the election result; it only matters that Dumpster's campaign colluded in it. And it looks very much like it did, if any of the WaPo article's dope on Manafort checks out ... like just about every other claim WaPo or any other "Fake News" outlet has made about Dumpster has checked out.
 
Jacob Soboroff
@jacobsoboroff
Something I just told @chrislhayes: this place is a licensed child care facility with trained staff. There are 26 operated by the same nonprofit, @SouthwestKey.

Its president told me that potential new tent cities that will be on federal property *don’t* have to be licensed.
9:09 PM · Jun 13, 2018

This is why there is a Concentration Camp full of imprisoned children in the middle of nowhere. It is federal property.

Tornillo


Ivan Pierre Aguirre
@i_p_a_1
I just went into the #Juarez Valley for the @TexasTribune to make photos, behind the border fence, of the #immigrant children who have been placed inside the new #tentcity at the CPB facility in #Tornillo. #BorderStories #OnAssignment

5:03 PM - Jun 16, 2018
 
IMG_0086.jpg


IMG_0076.jpg


IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg
 
Babies and toddlers shipped off to Tender Age shelters in South Texas

FFS


"Youngest migrants"

The influx of child immigrants in response to the Trump administration's zero-tolerance enforcement policy has prompted authorities to open at least three "tender-age" shelters in South Texas.

There are plans to open a fourth shelter to house hundreds of young migrant children in Houston, where city leaders denounced the move Tuesday.

The Associated Press has learned the locations of three child shelters in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, in Combes, Raymondville and Brownsville. They have been rapidly repurposed to serve needs of children including some under 5. Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner says the location in his city would house up to 240 children in a warehouse previously used for people displaced by Hurricane Harvey.

Lawyers and medical providers who have visited the Rio Grande Valley shelters described play rooms of crying preschool-age children in crisis.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...youngest-migrants-held-in-tender-age-shelters

Shelter worker quit because they were required to interfere with siblings that hugged each other.
 
Operation Torment The Toddlers 2018

They had a year, before tRump pulled the lever and switched on the GO sign. It is a fucking mess, and the smallest children are paying the price.

This is the equivalent of Ronald Reagan blowing up the Columbia Space Shuttle so he could have pretty film footage for his speech.


Fuck, you, tRump, and the dead hearted, dead headed goons that kiss your ancient rotten ass.
 
This obsession w/Trump. This madness of ignorance. <<<<<<Look up the word "ignorance".

It must stop. So much hate aimed at one POTUS doing whatever he can.
 
Maybe it would be better to have someone more competent

And less vile and venal in multiple categories. And maybe next time, someone who isn't a blackmailed agent of the Russian government.
 
jury- "We are not sending you to prison, because you would enjoy being locked in with all of those men." (We know you are homosexual!)

"We are giving you the death penalty, to prevent you from having that."


WTF ?
 
US to house children they tear from families in military bases as opposed to effective prisons. Because that's so much better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44569031
The Pentagon has been asked to supply up to 20,000 beds at old military bases for migrant children held after illegally entering the US.

Beds will be for migrant children who crossed the border unaccompanied, as well as those separated from parents.
[...]
Plans for accommodating migrant children at military bases first came to light in May. Emails seen by US media revealed the bases would house minors who have crossed into the US without an adult relative as well as those who have been separated from their parents at the border.

President Trump says he has directed agencies to begin reuniting children and parents separated after entering the US illegally.

At least 2,300 children have been taken from their parents since 5 May after entering the country without documentation at the US-Mexico border.

While the adults are held in custody pending court appearances, the children are being sent to holding cells, converted warehouses and desert tents under the "zero tolerance" policy introduced in April.

I'm genuinely being serious when I tell you I heard somebody say this as a joke a few days ago.
But at least they have TV right? @Republicans
This is state kidnapping and if any other country was doing it the US would be discussing 'regime change' in such a barbaric, tribal and uncivilized country.
 
When I see each of these people—the young boys and girls who are our nephews and nieces; our little brothers and baby sisters; our little cousins and little cousin’s lil’ friends; our students and mentees; our babysitters and Burger King cashiers—I see Antwon Rose’s face, and I see how easily their faces could be the face flashing across our screens, their names the latest hashtag, their death the latest protest. And I wish I didn’t also see my nephew.

But I do.

- Damon Young

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/antwon-rose-was-our-nephew-1827018950

Antwon Rose was a young man with a future. The police took his life away.


Megan Guza
@meganguzaTrib
·
Jun 21
Protesters gathering again, this time in front of the Allegheny County Courthouse, protesting the Tuesday night police shooting of unarmed black teenager Antwon Rose

12:00 PM · Jun 21, 2018

gan Guza
@meganguzaTrib
·
Jun 21
Medical examiner has released the cause and manner of death of #AntwonRose. Manner ruled a homicide, as by legal definition it is the death of a human cause by another human

Megan Guza
Megan Guza
@meganguzaTrib
·
1h
In the name of stopping false information, it's worth repeating: Reports that investigators have video footage of #AntwonRose firing a gun in a drive-by shooting shortly before he was killed by police is FALSE, according to @AlleghenyCoPD


Pittsburgh Socialist Alternative
Pittsburgh Socialist Alternative
@pghSA
·
23m
Tonight at 5:30pm, Wood St. Station, Downtown Pittsburgh: Demand justice for Antwon Rose Jr. and an end to racism & police brutality!

#BlackLivesMatter #Justice4Antwon #AntwonRose #AntwonRose
 
Paul Ryan:

Can I take a picture with you ?

Seth Rogan:

No!

No way, man!

Seth Rogen
@Sethrogen
·
12m
At least this is what I said.
The Late Show
@colbertlateshow
What you should say when Paul Ryan asks you for a picture. @Sethrogen #LSSC

"Kelly Sadler is a world-class person who made a flippant off-hand remark in private. But instead of handling internally or attaching name to criticism, someone who wanted her fired leaked anonymously to press," Scaramucci tweeted Wednesday night. "This behavior is why people hate Washington.”
Meghan McCain, a co-host on The View, quoted his tweet. “No - people hate Washington because the decorum and respect level has reached such toxic lows. And ‘world class people’ don’t make death jokes about people with brain cancer. This is such bad spin, even by your standards Mooch,” she wrote.

Karma boomerang-

Seth Rogen makes joke about Scaramucci's missing brain, at a benefit where Seth is expected to amuse, not massacre.

Well played, Seth.

Sadly, Seth's expectations of Scaramucci were met.

(Just what you would expect from Trump's "best people." A lunk-headed, grasping greedy aresehole with the morals of a leech.)
 
Jim Carrey created two cartoons-

One was of the dead elephant of the Republican party.


One was of the dead donkey of the Democratic party.


They were both rotting.


I had to agree, although it was painful to do so.


Something went wrong, somewhere...


OTOH People loyal to Democrat ideals are active.


ROBERT KENNEDY'S 90-YEAR-OLD WIDOW JOINS HUNGER STRIKE AGAINST TRUMP IMMIGRATION POLICY


6/27/18


While the strike, which began on Saturday, lasts 24 days, each participant is asked to fast for a 24-hour period after which they can then “pass” it to someone else, or they can opt to continue fasting themselves.

http://www.newsweek.com/robert-kennedys-widow-joins-hunger-strike-against-trump-immigration-998418



The Boston Globe
@BostonGlobe
90-year-old Ethel Kennedy joins hunger strike against immigration policies

p. Joe Kennedy III
@RepJoeKennedy
·
7h
If my grandma is willing to step up and fast to #EndFamilyDetention, you better believe you’ll find me right by her side. #BreakBreadNotFamilies


RFK Human Rights
@RFKHumanRights
·
10h
Our 24-day chain hunger fast has begun! Consider donating what you would spend on food today to @LUPE_rgv, @TXCivilRights & @netargv. 100% of your donations will go directly to these organizations caring for families at the border. #BreakBreadNotFamilies
 
wheeeee

Just replace all of America's manufacturing companies with companies from other countries. Free land! Free infrastructure! Free resources, Free money! Free reign!

Loot, pollute, and scoot.

Trump needs campaign money from other nations.

Wait! Isn't that illegal ?

With the Supreme Court Judges in his pocket, it will not matter.

*sad trombone sound effect*
 
jan-shedd-wednesday-at-7-59-am-elizabeth-elizabethonlin-nov-4-28833396.png



Jan is obviously a jealous old rightist hag.

Of course, black women are shamed for being voluptuous and daring to wear dresses that display their curves.

Ms. Obilor is quite beautiful. Glad she has a lot of support.
 
jan-shedd-wednesday-at-7-59-am-elizabeth-elizabethonlin-nov-4-28833396.png



Jan is obviously a jealous old rightist hag.

Of course, black women are shamed for being voluptuous and daring to wear dresses that display their curves.

Ms. Obilor is quite beautiful. Glad she has a lot of support.

Frankly, what's her problem again? Someone has curves and isn't ashamed of them, so she has to body shame? Grrr.....why do people do this to each other?
 
Back
Top