Some fodder for fret.

Ishmael

Literotica Guru
Of course this is going to play right into the hands of the antifa morons, and to a point (threshold) I agree with them. The problem here is the law and the law is on the Fed's side. If you want absolute privacy, use snail mail.

Warrant

I expect to see more of these types of warrants issued in the future. And I hope that they are issued against both extremes equally. Only time will tell if that's the case.

Ishmael

A well-researched VPN. It's like tax shelters for the rich, but for your information and privacy instead. :cattail:

Damn difficult way to organize a 'movement.'

Ishmael

Um, I see you don't understand what a VPN (virtual private network) is. It in no way impedes organizing a movement, running a business, or perving on Lit.

I'd provide more information about them for you, but I just don't like you that much. :cattail:

Um, I see you don't understand what a VPN (virtual private network) is. It in no way impedes organizing a movement, running a business, or perving on Lit.

I'd provide more information about them for you, but I just don't like you that much. :cattail:

More than you will ever know. Confusing browsing anonymity with the inability for your activities to be traced is a BIG mistake.

Ishmael

WAHAHA!

5355725.jpg

Comshaw

More than you will ever know. Confusing browsing anonymity with the inability for your activities to be traced is a BIG mistake.

Ishmael

You're funny, grandpa. You still don't understand what a good VPN does and what laws the companies are subjected to. But keep trying to bluff.

I'll even send you the stamps for your snail mail (without my return address anywhere near it, of course). ;)

Ishmael

You could have just said, "You're right. My thread is a disaster and I apologize for my ignorance."

You could have just said, "You're right. My thread is a disaster and I apologize for my ignorance."

Nah, his bro patrol will jump in soon in their white hoods with torches....I mean Geritol and Bengay and talk about the good 'ole days when women and black folk knew their place. But they, they want just for "both sides" on this. *chuckle*

You're funny, grandpa. You still don't understand what a good VPN does and what laws the companies are subjected to. But keep trying to bluff.

I'll even send you the stamps for your snail mail (without my return address anywhere near it, of course). ;)

Really? Does ANY communication over a VPN go through a common carrier? Of course they offer encryption, so does Apple. That was settled out of court as I recall.

Let's start with the simple. ALL of those companies are going to cover their ass. In the case I've posted the Fed's are starting at the end point and working their way back. And as much as you'd like to think that you, like the Wizard of Oz, are behind a curtain, they have the means to pull that curtain back and those companies that you are so confidant in are going to help them.

If you want secure communications over the webs, get an old copy of PGP (RSA encryption) and use no less than 4K bits as your key. The mean time for NSA to break your key is a couple of hundred years. Of course they may break it the first pass, but what the hell, bad break for you. If you want to push it out further, use an 8K key.

The reason I say an 'old' copy' is that the newer commercialized offerings ALL have back doors built in.

There is nothing more dangerous than a false sense of security.

Ishmael

Really? Does ANY communication over a VPN go through a common carrier? Of course they offer encryption, so does Apple. That was settled out of court as I recall.

Let's start with the simple. ALL of those companies are going to cover their ass. In the case I've posted the Fed's are starting at the end point and working their way back. And as much as you'd like to think that you, like the Wizard of Oz, are behind a curtain, they have the means to pull that curtain back and those companies that you are so confidant in are going to help them.

If you want secure communications over the webs, get an old copy of PGP (RSA encryption) and use no less than 4K bits as your key. The mean time for NSA to break your key is a couple of hundred years. Of course they may break it the first pass, but what the hell, bad break for you. If you want to push it out further, use an 8K key.

The reason I say an 'old' copy' is that the newer commercialized offerings ALL have back doors built in.

There is nothing more dangerous than a false sense of security.

Ishmael
You mentioned "old copy" because you have no clue what the current big baller encryption looks like.

This is another facet of Trump making his enemies list. He is trying to do the same thing with the voter fraud investigation.

This is seriously bad totalitarianism that needs immediate and decisive rebuke at the Supreme Court level.

This is another facet of Trump making his enemies list. He is trying to do the same thing with the voter fraud investigation.

This is seriously bad totalitarianism that needs immediate and decisive rebuke at the Supreme Court level.

Is this a violation of the law?

Ishmael

Isn't this a lot like we are doing in fighting the war on terrorism?

We have a group of people on the Left inciting violence and the destruction of property. If you want to accuse the 'white nationalists' of terrorism, then you also have to include the hard Left's proclivity to domestic terrorism.

I don't know how this will play out in the courts, but increasingly we see the Left, frustrated by the recent events of the political process which went against them, getting very ugly in their rhetoric and actions instead of trying to reestablish bridgeheads politically with the voters they lost. Instead they seem to be focused on intimidating and doubling down on letting middle America know just how deplorable and racist they are all the while waging a war against "white privilege." This frightens me a lot more than a handful of pathetic, powerless holdovers from the past two centuries...

Isn't this a lot like we are doing in fighting the war on terrorism?

We have a group of people on the Left inciting violence and the destruction of property. If you want to accuse the 'white nationalists' of terrorism, then you also have to include the hard Left's proclivity to domestic terrorism.

I don't know how this will play out in the courts, but increasingly we see the Left, frustrated by the recent events of the political process which went against them, getting very ugly in their rhetoric and actions instead of trying to reestablish bridgeheads politically with the voters they lost. Instead they seem to be focused on intimidating and doubling down on letting middle America know just how deplorable and racist they are all the while waging a war against "white privilege." This frightens me a lot more than a handful of pathetic, powerless holdovers from the past two centuries...

I think you posted in the wrong thread, or maybe you simply have a one track mind...

This thread was about trying to acquire the information for people exercising their first amendment rights.

I see you've not only become a nazi lover, but you also hate the constitution too.

Way to go AJ! flip flop your way through life!

Ishmael

The goal of a VPN is to obfuscate and separate the origin IP address from the destination by as much as possible. Even if a warrant served to the destination site was successful, it would only get the IP address that site could log. With a good VPN, there may be 20 or 30 or more hops (IP addresses) behind that. Each warrant could only be served on one server to discover the next point.

And many of those intermediate servers are off shore beyond the scope of US courts. They may also be unattended ghosts where there is no person or maybe not even a physical destination to serve.

I think it's cute that the slow kids saw a 5 things article on heavy about vpn's.

:)

I think you posted in the wrong thread, or maybe you simply have a one track mind...

This thread was about trying to acquire the information for people exercising their first amendment rights.

I see you've not only become a nazi lover, but you also hate the constitution too.

Way to go AJ! flip flop your way through life!

Well it didn't take long for you to use the Nazi slur and "constitution hater" meme just minutes after lecturing people about name calling.

You couldn't make yourself an easier target if you tried.

So full of shit...

Last edited:

No, this is another one of your acid flashbacks.

As usual you have no idea what in the hell you"re talking about.

But don't let that stop you.

Damn, Pukey. Can you at least wait 20 minutes before posting right after Throb?

Back