Collaboration for Audio

Todd172

Virgin
All,
My stories are, for the most part, heavily influenced by the pulp era, the old hardboiled genre and the following film Noir genre. A reader noted that the rhythm and wording of the stories would lend itself to audio format, like the old radio shows. Since I am far more a storyteller than a serious writer, I figure it might be worth a shot. Is there an established community for collaboration on this kind of thing?

Todd172

All,
My stories are, for the most part, heavily influenced by the pulp era, the old hardboiled genre and the following film Noir genre. A reader noted that the rhythm and wording of the stories would lend itself to audio format, like the old radio shows. Since I am far more a storyteller than a serious writer, I figure it might be worth a shot. Is there an established community for collaboration on this kind of thing?

Todd172

Probably, but if you think you may have a voice like Vincent Price or Orson Welles, take a look at the "How To" things. There's a few hints about doing your own audio in it.

Sadly, no

But even if I did, the stories I am looking at working with - The Marker and Nobody - really need to have female narration. They're first person POV, from a female character. I'll at least take a look at the How To section though so if I find someone to do the voice work, I'll have a place for them to start. Thanks though, it's a place to start.

I know for sure there are radio platforms - virtual radio stations that you can create and run yourself - and it seems to me there would be a place for audio stories like in the Twenties and afterwards.

Most of the good platforms are free to begin with.

Back