Trump Bends Over for Putin, Again

Carnal_Flower

Literotica Guru
Trump Praises Putin Instead of Critiquing Cuts to U.S. Embassy Staff

“I want to thank him because we’re trying to cut down on payroll, and as far as I’m concerned, I’m very thankful that he let go of a large number of people, because now we have a smaller payroll,” Mr. Trump told reporters at his golf club in Bedminster, N.J. “There’s no real reason for them to go back. So I greatly appreciate the fact that we’ve been able to cut our payroll of the United States. We’ll save a lot of money.”

Of course, Putin cannot "let go" of anyone from the U.S. government or affect "our payroll" UNLESS YOU FEEL YOU AND PUTIN ARE CO-CEOs OF THE SAME COMPANY.

The President of the United States refers to the dictator Putin as "WE".

Next up: Putin releases statement on "our" new policy in Crimea.

Trump Praises Putin Instead of Critiquing Cuts to U.S. Embassy Staff

Of course, Putin cannot "let go" of anyone from the U.S. government or affect "our payroll" UNLESS YOU FEEL YOU AND PUTIN ARE CO-CEOs OF THE SAME COMPANY.

The President of the United States refers to the dictator Putin as "WE".

Next up: Putin releases statement on "our" new policy in Crimea.

When I first say this I questioned if it was true, even though I heard the words coming from his mouth.

Trump and his sycophants must be from an alternate universe.

A "smaller payroll?"

He ran a family "business" built on pay-OFFS. He's never had to meet a payroll in his life.

Meanwhile, he's paying someone 79,000 tax dollars a year to give him a propaganda folder full of flattering stuff about himself 2x a day.

Are these 700 plus U.S. diplomats, as CNN is saying, or are these 700 plus employees at the U.S. embassy in Moscow, most of whom are Russian locals? I thought it was the latter. Anyone have a source with numbers on this.

In the long run, it's worse for the United States if it's the latter--although more of a slap back at Putin in what Trump said about it. If mostly Russians, it's hitting the Russian economy (but it's also pissing off employees who have been inside U.S. business abroad). If they are all U.S. diplomats, they just go to other positions as long as their federal jobs are vetted (after three years on the books), and American diplomats are used to be shuffled around (and kicked out of countries, for that matter--my family was kicked out of France when DeGaulle came to power, and it wasn't a wrist-slitting experience).

But if it's Russian employees let loose and Trump is this cavalier about their fate, it screws us up all over the world where U.S. embassies are mainly staffed with local nationals that we rely on to have loyalty to the United States over their own country. If they don't get massive loyalty back, they become potentially unreliable and thus a danger to U.S. business everywhere.

And of course Trump is famous for his sense of loyalty to those who have been loyal to him. :rolleyes:

One thing I've noticed about him, he loves those STRONGMEN. He constantly attacks women with visceral insults such as fat slob or plastic surgery bimbo, but never men. He's even praised the crazy Filipino leader.

Even with the diminutive and obese bad haircut NK dictator, he has never once insulted his looks, only used the cartoonish "fiery and fury" comment.

Wanna bet if NK dictator was a chick he would go all out with the ugly and fat comments? Wanna bet if Pootey was a chick he would call her a 'nasty woman'?

I despise men like him.

As far as I can tell it's U.S diplomats.

I've been hearing people say the same thing--they're NOT actually "let go," just moved around. And it's the diplomatic corps getting really mad at what he said.

Of course, what does he care, he doesn't even think we need a State Dept.

Are these 700 plus U.S. diplomats, as CNN is saying, or are these 700 plus employees at the U.S. embassy in Moscow, most of whom are Russian locals? I thought it was the latter. Anyone have a source with numbers on this.

In the long run, it's worse for the United States if it's the latter--although more of a slap back at Putin in what Trump said about it. If mostly Russians, it's hitting the Russian economy (but it's also pissing off employees who have been inside U.S. business abroad). If they are all U.S. diplomats, they just go to other positions as long as their federal jobs are vetted (after three years on the books), and American diplomats are used to be shuffled around (and kicked out of countries, for that matter--my family was kicked out of France when DeGaulle came to power, and it wasn't a wrist-slitting experience).

But if it's Russian employees let loose and Trump is this cavalier about their fate, it screws us up all over the world where U.S. embassies are mainly staffed with local nationals that we rely on to have loyalty to the United States over their own country. If they don't get massive loyalty back, they become potentially unreliable and thus a danger to U.S. business everywhere.

And of course Trump is famous for his sense of loyalty to those who have been loyal to him. :rolleyes:

OK, I researched it myself. Reportedly there are 333 American nationals and 867 non-Americans on staff there (although some of those would be third-country nationals, not Russians). So, cutting 755 positions will be far more than all being U.S. diplomats who are cut. Most of them are Russian or third-country nationals. (Someone should tell Trump, though, that he has to just keep on paying the wages of any American State Department employee who is involved).

And any American outrage should be mitigated by the fact that the number the Russians are demanding it be cut to is the same number the Russians have at the embassy in the United States (so not a big argument that the United States should have three times the number in Moscow that Russia has here). Also to be kept in mind is that the United Stat4es started off this round of demanded expulsions when it closed down the two "recreation" facilities and their staffs in the United States.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...33c52b2f014_story.html?utm_term=.27726f03e08e

According to an NPR story I heard right after the announcement, the majority of these people are Russians working at the embassy.

In other words, Putin is deliberately hurting his own people by a) depriving them of employment and b) slowing down all the processing of paperwork for people who want to visit/work/research in the U.S.

Then again, this is the same dictator who has destroyed over 17,000 tons of food deemed illegal due to reverse sanctions:

http://www.uawire.org/news/russia-destroyed-17-000-tons-of-foreign-products-over-the-last-two-years

Granted. What I was going for is the media representation of them as "U.S. diplomats." Not even all Americans assigned to a U.S. embassy are diplomats. Chances are good that no more than 35 actual U.S. diplomats are going anywhere, equal to the number of Russian diplomats the United States expelled in the tit-for-tat series that kicked this all off. In the embassies I've worked in, the job had to be verified as requiring an American citizen--clearances or Commerce of Agriculture Department liaisons, for instance--to be classified for an American employee to begin with.

Did he sign the sanctions bill because he knew Putin would help him cut costs?

Back