Annonymous

Dear Anon:

Too bad you had to read my entire story only to find out that comments and voting are turned off. Sucker.

Author.
 
I wrestle with that delete and ignore, too. Sometimes, a negative comment will attract an extra reader who leaves a good comment, which seems to follow the thought that there is no such thing as bad press.

That said, I'm over out-thinking myself about whether I should delete a comment or not. Additionally, I will bear in mind recent reminders about reporting especially hateful comments before I delete them.

I agree about over-thinking about whether to delete.

Some readers seem to be threatened by strong women practising mild Femdom. Perhaps they are unsure about their masculinity? My stories are fictional fantasies. They are unreal. That is why they are 'fiction'.

Some people haven't found the Humor and Satire in my Story "It Didn't Happen". It is a parody of many Hollywood action movies - the lone hero saves the day and gets the girl(s). My immediate plot-bunny was the movie 'Under Siege'. But the references are obviously too obscure for some.

I don't like deleting any comments, but some anon comments are obviously personal attacks, not genuine criticism. Yesterday's two had both elements. So I'm torn. Delete of not? I'll wait...
 
When Anon revisits a 5-page story to leave a comment on my short response, that's not a normal comment.

I think it is usually pointless for an author to comment on an adverse PC, because the person who left it won't return to read more, particularly if they really didn't like the story.

If they do, then it's not criticism, I think it's trolling - so I've deleted them.
 
To Seeker Of Truth
12/26/15 By: Anonymous
Your name should be "Spouter Of Bullshit". You're just a snot nosed kid and don't know a damn thing about life. You haven't lived long enough to have experienced anything much less have an educated opinion or comment. So until you're about 35 to 40 years old, shut the fuck up...boy!

Found this little gem on Heartless.

I wonder if this person realizes I'm a woman with more than half a century under my belt.

Bwaahaahaahaahaa!

:D
 
Back
Top