WTF/FUNNY Gifs, Pics, & Videos: Volume 3: Farting In Wal-Mart

d3dpi4i425f11.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. Don't forget the Moslems.

No such thing as clerical celibacy in the Muslim religion. Clerics are encouraged to marry. Which points to the incidence of child sexual abuse being less. Obviously I don't have statistics but the rule of clerical celibacy in Christianity is (in my opinion) the overwhelming reason there is such widespread abuse.

No such thing as clerical celibacy in the Muslim religion. Clerics are encouraged to marry. Which points to the incidence of child sexual abuse being less. Obviously I don't have statistics but the rule of clerical celibacy in Christianity is (in my opinion) the overwhelming reason there is such widespread abuse.

The Church of England does not expect celibacy for their clerics. That hasn't prevented some C of E clerics from committing child sexual abuse.

I was responding to SkAout's post above. I assume you are too.

Yes, I was. I don't think there is any evidence that celibacy, in and of itself, is a pre-disposing factor in child sexual abuse. There are many who are not celibate who abuse children.

I don't think there is any evidence that celibacy, in and of itself, is a pre-disposing factor in child sexual abuse. There are many who are not celibate who abuse children.

That sounds right to me. It'all about power, and how people in positions of power and trust abuse it. Take the normal respect that kids are trained to have for adults, and add the fact that those adults are supposed to be the representatives of God on Earth ... well, then, if that's not a recipe for trouble, I'm Brad Pitt.

And Muslim's believe that raping women is perfectly okay. :eek:

Last edited:
Back