The Official Author's Hangout Winter Holidays 2012 Contest Support Thread

PennLady

Literotica Guru
We're almost done with the Halloween contest, so that means I'm late (sorry!) starting the support thread for the Winter Holidays contest. So get our your reindeer, your dreidels, your snowballs and red hats and get writing. :) Check in here for help, support, venting, etc.

Winter Holidays
themes: winter holiday traditions (dreidels, gift giving, etc.), cold weather (snow), holiday mythology (Santa, elves), etc.
starts: November 10
closes: December 7
winners announced: December 14

Goddamn, these things are relentless! One's not finished and we're onto the next! I feel like some type of writing fluffer.

I had started two draft entries and I was hoping to use NaNoWriMo to complete them.

But now I have a frozen left shoulder I'm reduced to one-finger typing. I have the ideas, the plots, the characters, but very reduced ability to transfer them to words on file. Each will take much longer to write and frequent visits to the doctor, hospital and physiotherapists have reduced my writing time. :(

I had started two draft entries and I was hoping to use NaNoWriMo to complete them.

But now I have a frozen left shoulder I'm reduced to one-finger typing. I have the ideas, the plots, the characters, but very reduced ability to transfer them to words on file. Each will take much longer to write and frequent visits to the doctor, hospital and physiotherapists have reduced my writing time. :(

Im sorry to hear that Og. I've always had a lot of respect for you as a man and a writer. Especially your Fag Ash Lil tales....

Damn, I'm frustrated just hearing that! I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

In the meantime have you considered speech to text software such as Dragon?

Tossing around an Incest plot bunny. Actually 2.

Wondering if I should give a disclaimer "If you want a happy, fluffy ending, don't read the last page."

I wish I was joking.

I currently have no plot bunny for this, but I'm sure something will drift in, Winter has broad brush.

Think I'll shy off of incest this time. Maybe something in group sex or mature.

Wondering if I should give a disclaimer "If you want a happy, fluffy ending, don't read the last page."

I wish I was joking.

You can put a disclaimer in your note. Not those exact words, but something along the lines of, "Traditionally my work has a dark twist to it, this story is no exception, so it may not be for everyone"

Might save you some trolling.

I wish I was joking.

The voters (if you allow voting) will hammer you, this is Xmas, and they want, or need a happy ending.

Damn, I'm frustrated just hearing that! I hope for a speedy recovery for you.

In the meantime have you considered speech to text software such as Dragon?

Thank you for the wish for my recovery. Prognosis is months if not years. (Insert expletives here)

I have speech to text software but last time I attempted to use it, the errors were greater than the acceptable text. It doesn't seem to appreciate a bass voice with a British accent. Years ago I had a French version that understood my French better than most French people, possibly because I tend to use 18th or 19th Century French. :rolleyes:

I'll just have to keep plinking away with one finger.

You can put a disclaimer in your note. Not those exact words, but something along the lines of, "Traditionally my work has a dark twist to it, this story is no exception, so it may not be for everyone"

Might save you some trolling.

Or I could just leave both my protags alive and riding off into the sunset at the end............

LOL (bet I fooled you for a moment there)

The voters (if you allow voting) will hammer you, this is Xmas, and they want, or need a happy ending.

Nice to meet you too.

Haven't seen you on this board since I joined (not that long ago). So I'm guessing you don't know my penchant for building loving characters just so I can shock the reader by killing them at the end. Think Dahl's short stories.

Since all my Halloween stories turned into novels I started on Winter a little early. One BDSM story is in the bag and waiting for a little TLC touch up or three. Got another about halfway and then realized it wouldn't pass the underage test by four hours. :rolleyes: Got to figure out a way to fix that.

There is always something. :D

I actually have a plot idea for this contest, but not sure I have time to write it. Story of my writing life lately. Wow, bad pun.

Really sorry to hear that, Ogg. :( I hope the doctors and therapists can help you along.

I wish I was joking.

LC's probably got a good idea about putting that disclaimer/warning. But as always, whatever you put out there, you have to be ready to take the reaction.

I would love to do some sort of Thanksgiving fiasco with a majority of characters from my stories all winding up in the same home for dinner, but the sequel to my novel takes place over Halloween & such a contest would make for spoilers. Plus that sort of thing might kinda violate the "stand alone story" rule for contests. I tend to use characters from previous stories a lot, but I try to do it in a way that doesn't require reading those previous stories.

At any rate, I'm not sure I've got another contest left in me this year. Got other things to write.

Sorry to hear about your predicament, Ogg. :/

I'd like to write another winter story contest! *Checks his usual time in posting a story from its inception.* Ok, so check out Lien_Geller's Winter Contest entry! Coming in winter, 2014.

Nice to meet you too.

Haven't seen you on this board since I joined (not that long ago). So I'm guessing you don't know my penchant for building loving characters just so I can shock the reader by killing them at the end. Think Dahl's short stories.

Try not to fall into a rut and become predictable.

Winter contest!!! I just submitted my Halloweeen Contest two minutes ago. Guess I better start thinking about it. Contest are fun.
DG

I would love to do some sort of Thanksgiving fiasco with a majority of characters from my stories all winding up in the same home for dinner, but the sequel to my novel takes place over Halloween & such a contest would make for spoilers. Plus that sort of thing might kinda violate the "stand alone story" rule for contests. I tend to use characters from previous stories a lot, but I try to do it in a way that doesn't require reading those previous stories.

At any rate, I'm not sure I've got another contest left in me this year. Got other things to write.

Sorry to hear about your predicament, Ogg. :/

Characters are reusable as long as the story is standalone and new. Maybe Thanksgiving is at another branch of the families house. Something outside the novel.

I may submit an entry....
I may have to read it.

:rose:

I'm going to try and get something written for this, even though I personally can't stand winter!

Back