Claymore and Dagger Pt.2

heartofcourage

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 20, 2012
Posts
37,018
“We know better than to keep your mother waiting.” Fiona said with a smile as she packed away Invah’s tack. “I’ll come see you at the loch tomorrow morning.”

She took Sam’s hand as they walked towards the keep, the feeling of being god seeping into her bones. It felt good and being with Sam was even better.
 
Upon their arrival in Julia's parlor, the pair were met by Sam's parents, Annie, Ciaran, Rho, and Naiya. Kate would've been present, but she was resting after a bit of an intervention from her inner circle and Alex who saw her health quickly deteriorating.

Brogan welcomed the pair as they stepped in, hugging Sam and then Fiona, kissing her cheek. "Welcome home, love," he murmured before having them sit down, then taking his own place beside Julia. "Well, kids... I meant t'wait longer, even see out th'end of this war, but... Between Kate an' little Brogan an' all these deaths around us, an' more issues than ever comin' up from the warfront... I'm no' doin' well. I'm gettin' overworked an' it's makin' me ill... I'm doin' better today, but yesterday I couldn' even get out o' bed. An' after a talk with Valentina an' Alex... It's been decided it's time fer me to retire."

Looking between Sam and Fiona, Brogan sighed. "I hate to add any more t'your shoulders... An' I'll be happy t'help you still, along with Julia an' Rho. But I know tha' the reign of Brogan Ingvar Ghis needs t'end, before it ends my life first."

"So be it, then," Sam nodded, gravely serious and stoic all of a sudden.
 
“Sam and I have talked about it a great deal.” Fiona said softly as Sam seemed to simply accept it as his lot in life. “I have promised to help him in any way that I might be able to. Even without an official title. We still plan to wed in the winter but I will only take the title of queen if I’m seen fit to have it.”

Julia looked towards her son and his fiancée. “That, I think, will be between the both of you. I think you both will be wonderful rulers. I’m not the only one who feels that way either.”
 
"And we'll all be here to help," Ciaran added softly. "With everything going on, the transition may be fast and confusing. There isn't the time or funds to spare for a ball and formal coronation, but we can manage something simple just for the sake of giving the people a moment's notice that rule is changing over."

"Don' waste money on it," Sam instructed. "We can make a big deal of it when this is all over if anyone wants to."
 
“Something small, Sam. Give everyone something to take a break from everything that has been going on. Taqu’un can crown you. The dragons can help. It doesn’t have to be anything big.” Fiona said softly, reaching over to take his hand. “And afterwards, a meal for all of those in Inverness that need it. I’m srue there are those that have been going without because of the battle.”
 
"... Something small, then," Sam murmured. "Whenever yer ready, Da."

"We'll get word out, give Kate a chance t'recover a bit," Brogan nodded.
 
“I’ll even plan it so you don’t have to worry.” Fiona said softly, giving Sam a grin. “All the jewels that Inverness has to offer. You’ll glow in the sunset.”

"I don't think I've ever seen Samuel glow." Annie teased as the other siblings all joined in.

Julia reached over and took her husband's hand, giving it a squeeze. They had talked long into the night for weeks about his decision. After little Brogan had become so ill, it was decided that he wanted to retire. He thrived when he was able to spend time with his children and grandchildren. Without the weight of a kingdom on his shoulders, he could do that more often. Julia had expressed that she would support him no matter what he chose to do.

"When you've had a chance to rest and get a meal, come and see me, Sam. I have some things to give to you." Julia said softly, giving her son a smile, showing him just how proud she was of him in that moment.
 
Last edited:
Sam remained stoic even as everyone seemed glad for his potential and Brogan's retirement. With a nod to his mother, he turned toward the door but halted when his father spoke again.

"Hold on. Fiona." Brogan rose to face her. "Come talk with me fer a moment. You go on, Sam. I'll send 'er along." He wrapped a huge arm around Fiona and Sam nodded, hesitating a moment to kiss Fiona's cheek before he stepped out. He wasn't about to do much more in front of his siblings.
 
Fiona glanced towards Brogan, unsure as to what he wanted to talk to her about. She nodded anyway and stayed behind after Sam had kissed her cheek and left, his siblings soon trickling out on their own as well.

"Yes, sir?" Fiona asked, looking between him and Julia.
 
"Now none o' tha'. Yer family. I'm no' 'sir' unless yer in trouble." Brogan kept his arm around her and let you other children go before he and Julia sat down with Fiona alone. "We know Sam's been havin' a rough time lately, an' you too. But you two seem t'be on the rise now."
 
“I would like to think that we have an understanding now. However, I wouldn’t be telling the truth if I didn’t admit that he scares me from time to time.” Fiona said softly as she admitted to her future inlaws that Sam still had his moments. “I love him deeply. I would do anything you make him better.”
 
"Sam's always been th'one tha' troubled us most... Even Kate's never scared us as much, no' even now." Brogan took Julia's hand as he looked to Fiona. "But we're glad he's got someone who isn't scared t'chase 'im down an' stop 'im from givin' up."
 
“I known he’ll be a great king. I just hope he can see that he will be too.” Fiona said softly. “And I will let him be the one to make me a queen. I will not take the title unless he wishes me to. I don’t want to be seen as a social climber.”
 
"He'll see his own worth when hell freezes over," Brogan sighed. "But I think he needs you up there with 'im."
 
“It’ll be his choice. I’ll stand firm on that.” Fiona insisted. “And if he chooses to step down if the job does not agree with him, I’ll support him in that too.”
 
"I wouldn't ever blame 'im if 'e did step down... I jus' hope he has someone new in mind if tha' comes around. I'm no' sure who else t'turn to."
 
“We will take as good care of Inverness as we possibly can.” She said softly, reaching over to take Brogan’s hand in her own. “And don’t worry about Sam. He’s my responsibility now.”
 
"We'll always worry about 'im. An' even he'll have t'admit he migh' have t'come runnin' to 'is parents every so often, jus' like all 'is siblings."
 
"Yer welcome t'come runnin' too, love," Brogan drew her into his arms with a smile. It was clear where Sam got his soft side from, despite how very rarely it came out. "Yer our girl now. An' yer father's welcome too, you make sure 'e knows."
 
“He knows and he’s grateful but he wants to spend some time repairing things with the tribe before anything else.” Fiona said softly.
 
"I'm sure 'e does. I jus' wanted t'make sure 'e knows. He's had a rough time o' life an' I think we all want t'give 'im a reprieve. Same goes fer you, love."
 
"Don't worry about me. If I can get Sam to loosen up a little bit, then my life will be complete." Fiona joked with a small smile. "We'll be fine."
 
"I suppose I should before he broods too much." Fiona said with a smile as she left the two of them and went in search of Sam.
 
Back
Top