What Made You Smile/Laugh Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home!

An out of town work project wrapped up early today and I get to fly home tomorrow morning instead of Friday night!
 
Okay, so my kids are definitely anime fans: I'd put on Evangelion in the living room, for something to do, and my wife walked through when the theme song was playing. Pretty quickly, she starts getting kicked. Repeatedly. Cue several minutes of highly affectionate Japanese from me, and a smile that's persisted for a long long time.

Ganbatte, Noah-chan and Rebecca-chan. Your mum and dad can't wait to see you, and your dad for one can't be bothered adding in any more Japanese :D
 
Hahaha yeah hes pretty funny.

Did you find the Driving Lesson one and also the horoscopes? They are pretty funny as well.

Yup.

And the Weather Report. lol "Alice Springs, I'll give you your forecast for the next thousand years! Fucking hot! And then sometimes hot and fucking wet!"
 
Yup.

And the Weather Report. lol "Alice Springs, I'll give you your forecast for the next thousand years! Fucking hot! And then sometimes hot and fucking wet!"

I love Ronnie Johns. My brother looks just like him except shorter. (Don't tell him I said that otherwise he'll cry & I'd have to tell him to stop sniveling Harden the Fuck Up!)

http://youtu.be/unkIVvjZc9Y

I wish I could go home to harden the fuck up right now.
 
Last edited:
Has anybody here seen "Kenny"? It's disturbing, tender, a look at human character, funny, a glimpse into the real business (fictionalized) of the portaloos. You'll probably never use one again though.
 
Singing Jekyll and Hide at the top of my lungs while doing my 20 minute mile tonight. :D

"There was a time, I don't know when, I did not have much time for men. But this is now and that was then I'm lonely"

And I did not care that the cars slowed slightly as they passed me!
 
Dragging myself out of the hole and getting back to work.

Keep on writin' 'til the world ends....
 
I am not a person that really enjoys casinos. I have only been to the racino near me once. For some reason, I had this feeling that I needed to go. So I went and I won $120. :D

Not only did I win, but I had the most enjoyable evening chatting with an older gentleman who was sitting next to me. We were playing Sex in the City slots and he said, "you are sex in the city". When I questioned him on what he meant, he says "during the bonus rounds, you don't tap the screen like everyone else does, you actually rub it and blow kisses at it". I just burst out laughing. OMG, I didn't realize I was doing that.

I guess it pays to kiss and rub it. ;)
 
Listening to my dear friend babble on and on and ON about her new boyfriend and how much she loves him and how much he loves her and just how spiffy neato great it all is. They had a REALLY long and difficult walk to find eachother, and they really are a great match. For all that she is going though right now, the fact that she is having these lovey thoughts be THE thoughts that pour out and loop while she is all drugged up on pain meds recovering from surgery just warms my heart. She is deeply and completley in love and sooooo happy. So wonderful. :)
 
The look on my son's face when he told me that the poster he made for our town's 50th anniversary celebration won first prize in his age group. :D
 
I just bought some Cambozola cheese at Whole Foods.

It's like a French Camembert had a torrid love affair with an Italian Gorgonzola resulting in a smooth, blue veined little bit of bliss in my mouth.

I love cheese-gasms.
 
Who doesn't smile when courage is on display?

Sophie Gustafson is a professional golfer from Sweden who recently competed as part of the European team in the Solheim Cup matches against a team from the United States. She was the MVP for the event, based on a spectacular record in the matches that spanned three days.

Here she gives a very, very rare television interview. Rare, because she has, in her own words, a severe stuttering problem.
 
^^^^^^^^

That made me smile.

I also smiled because I recognized the time was right to let go of a bit of the "folly of my youth." I may still be "young" and growing in certain parts of my life; but by golly, I think I'm on a much healthier track this time around.

And still other smiles came from picking out the right fishing lures!!!! Yay ~ fishing!
 
Who doesn't smile when courage is on display?

Sophie Gustafson is a professional golfer from Sweden who recently competed as part of the European team in the Solheim Cup matches against a team from the United States. She was the MVP for the event, based on a spectacular record in the matches that spanned three days.

Here she gives a very, very rare television interview. Rare, because she has, in her own words, a severe stuttering problem.

Good Lord. I wish I could speak that well in a foreign language. Her stutter wasn't bad at all, in my opinion. I'd stutter a lot worse than that trying to give an interview in Swedish, LOL.
 
So here I am, literally on the other side of the country from home, with eight of the finest human beings ever to grace the earth. My band's on tour ( :D ) and it's not just the current lineup, it's the entire group, including the three other founding members. Good times, and we sound fucking fantastic.

But screw all that: There's a little town on the road outside of Adelaide that I literally derailed the roadtrip to go visit. This place is tiny, but it's got one thing going for it: there is a place there where you can buy fried butterfish, and this fried butterfish is like the Second Coming, but deep fried. And I'm pretty sure it's not fried in batter. but in miracles.

Happiness does have a flavor, and it is the flavor of this smalltown butterfish. I don't get to taste it often, so when I do, I'm liable to savor it. Mmm...
 
Just finished working 12 days straight. I couldn't get warm when I got home, so I put my favourite jammies in the dryer to heat up and filled the bathtub a little too full with wonderfully scented hot, hot water and poured myself a nice icy cold glass of vintage vidal wine. A little self-indulgent but after the last 12 days I kind of feel like I earned it. It was so nice to slip into that silky hot water and sip away at the wine.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top