What's for dinner?

Dinner was a lemon pepper roasted chicken from the store, homemade mashed potatoes with garlic seasoning, peas, and a little maple pecan apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Total cold weather food. It's gonna warm up soon, I just know it. (Munchkin mashed the potatoes while I held the pot handle for her. :heart: )

Fresh romaine salad and frozen fish sticks are promised. We'll see which kills me first.

Last night was: brisket, fries, coleslaw baked beans and Stella Artois.

Last edited:
Dinner was a lemon pepper roasted chicken from the store, homemade mashed potatoes with garlic seasoning, peas, and a little maple pecan apple crisp with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Total cold weather food. It's gonna warm up soon, I just know it. (Munchkin mashed the potatoes while I held the pot handle for her. :heart: )

You bought the made in-store, whole rotisserie chicken, right?

Yup, utter laziness. But I couldn't make something that good anyway.

Don't say that sure you could cook something that good, it's all about the recipe.

For me though a rotisserie whole chicken is the same price or a tiny bit more expensive than the raw equivalent.

Don't say that sure you could cook something that good, it's all about the recipe.

For me though a rotisserie whole chicken is the same price or a tiny bit more expensive than the raw equivalent.

And I don't have one of those counter top roasters. Just can't get the same results in the oven. Though someone once taught me to start the chicken upside down and flip it halfway through the cooking time, so the breast meat is up. It does seem to help.

Dinner was oven baked turkey meatballs, green beans almondine, and garlic fries. (Lunch will be the same tomorrow, minus the fries.) Dessert was homemade paleo lemon cheesecake cups. They turned out puuuurfectly. :)

It's too hot to cook, so I'm thinking a big, cold salad. But, I'm not real ambitious at the moment.

Tonight was a steak burger with cheese, mustard, ketchup and sweet relish, plus steamed cauliflower with black pepper and cheddar cheese, and a small handfull of low sodium chips. Dessert was a paleo cheesecake cup. Kinda heavy on the cheeses tonight.

Last night was beef pot pie, rice, salad and a large can of Molson Canadian.

Tonight was a steak burger with cheese, mustard, ketchup and sweet relish, plus steamed cauliflower with black pepper and cheddar cheese, and a small handfull of low sodium chips. Dessert was a paleo cheesecake cup. Kinda heavy on the cheeses tonight.

What kind of cheese, on the burger?

The black beans soaked in BBQ brew in the crockpot. The salmon burgers and kale salad were easy. The Pra Vinera red wine was plummy. And a peanut butter cup for dessert!

Grilled chicken, steamed broccoli with lemon butter, and potato chips. One giant peanut butter cookie from the coffee shop, shared three ways for dessert.

Had some lamb ribs lying around and roasted them in the oven with homemade Sichuan chili oil. Alas, I am probably on my 17th iteration of the chili oil recipe and still not satisfied with my version of it...

Had some lamb ribs lying around and roasted them in the oven with homemade Sichuan chili oil. Alas, I am probably on my 17th iteration of the chili oil recipe and still not satisfied with my version of it...

Wow, that seems amazing. I feel like going out and buying some lamb right now.

Back