I only have a very basic idea so far...

NebraskaFetish

Really Experienced
I'm trying my hand at my first story! I was wondering if it's trite to use the premise of "struggling author moves into an old, dilapidated mansion to inspire his/her writing"? Honestly, I don't even know, yet, if I'll be writing a "ghost" story or not. I don't know where I want to take it!! I'm just trying to set a scene and mood. (It may be Sinister's fault since I watched it last night! lol)

What do ya'll think? Am I biting off more than I can chew since I don't have a plot in mind?

Does anyone have ideas on where I could/should take this?

My stories start with a simple germ on an idea. The image of a sister taking her brother - the feel of a pair of panties - the touch of a lover in the dark. And then there are the other ones...

Make a movie in your mind - what would you like to see in the scene you create?

Then write what you see.

I'm trying my hand at my first story! I was wondering if it's trite to use the premise of "struggling author moves into an old, dilapidated mansion to inspire his/her writing"? Honestly, I don't even know, yet, if I'll be writing a "ghost" story or not. I don't know where I want to take it!! I'm just trying to set a scene and mood. (It may be Sinister's fault since I watched it last night! lol)

What do ya'll think? Am I biting off more than I can chew since I don't have a plot in mind?

Does anyone have ideas on where I could/should take this?

Writer moves into mansion. Goes into town to buy supplies - stops at library to get local information. He strikes up conversation with librarian - who is also interested in local lore. She has always been fascinated by the place - now she has a chance to see what it looks like on the inside.

He takes her on a tour - rainstorm develops - too windy for her to leave. The power goes out - he lights a fire in the massive stone fireplace, sets out candles - they drink wine.

My preference is a curvy redhead who wears glasses and is partial to silk panties - but your mileage may differ.

Have fun!

Thanks! :) I certainly do hope I have fun with it. After all, isn't that the point of writing?

Thanks! :) I certainly do hope I have fun with it. After all, isn't that the point of writing?

Exactly!

This sounds really interesting - please let me know when it's written, I'd love to proof-read/comment etc.

Good luck & Thanks,
Dan

Exactly!

This sounds really interesting - please let me know when it's written, I'd love to proof-read/comment etc.

Good luck & Thanks,
Dan

Thank you. :) I just may have to take you up on that Editor offer. ;)

Good luck with it! If you want inspiration for ghost romance, I'm a big fan of the manga/anime Dusk Maiden of Amnesia.

I don't know much of manga/anime, but I'll have to check out Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Thanks, Matthew. :)

basic idea

Could go fantasy /paranormal like at certian time the house is trans formed into another time demension.
be it past, present even future .
he/she could live out fantasies in these time warp scenarios?

Or maybe the mansion is haunted by the spirit of a man or woman who was a notorious libertine in his/her day...

And either the spirit of the house can imbue the author, or physically manifest in some way--ghostly lips in certain places in the night, for example.

When I write, I like to imagine an event, a snapshot, if you will, of something I think is hot--like a girl on the bus next to me saying, "My hobbies? Well, I like to play with cocks...you look like you have a nice one. Can I play with it?"--and then set up the backstory to bring me and her together on the bus, and then write forward through the action.

I guess the main question here is: What do you want to happen in this old, dilapidated mansion? Sex, obviously, but what kind of sex? Between who and whom? And will it be straightforward, or do you want some kink involved? Gell those thoughts first, then let the result guide the lead-in.

Good luck! :)

Iowa and Burning, I have been leaning towards something supernatural and of the original home owner being someone of great prestige back in the day...and with a bit of a secret I don't wish to disclose yet. :devil:

I have been playing a movie in my mind... :)

This is a good idea and a chance to play around with some old dark house, ghost story and murder mystery tropes.

The more I think about this idea, the more I really love it. There are so many ways you could go about it. For me, if I were to write it, I think I'd go the more humorous route. For instance, the first thought I had is:

The author is driving somewhere in the southern part of the country to a house he either rented because it is remote or is owned by a family member who let him use it or something similar. Stopping for gas at a small old timey station, rather than meeting an old redneck who warns of danger, instead meets some bubbly 19 year old California twins.

"Oh...that place, that's like so totally haunted and stuff" said twin one.
"Yeah, there was like an orgy and all of the condoms had wholes so like the whole town got preggers" said twin two.
Yeah, like...oh my god!!!"

Then it just goes from there.

The more I think about this idea, the more I really love it. There are so many ways you could go about it. For me, if I were to write it, I think I'd go the more humorous route. For instance, the first thought I had is:

The author is driving somewhere in the southern part of the country to a house he either rented because it is remote or is owned by a family member who let him use it or something similar. Stopping for gas at a small old timey station, rather than meeting an old redneck who warns of danger, instead meets some bubbly 19 year old California twins.

"Oh...that place, that's like so totally haunted and stuff" said twin one.
"Yeah, there was like an orgy and all of the condoms had wholes so like the whole town got preggers" said twin two.
Yeah, like...oh my god!!!"

Then it just goes from there.

LOL, please write that! I love a good humorous story. Sounds like there are a lot of ideas for this type of setting. Could make a good chain series, haunted house/mansion tour.

I'm not great at humor but I'd be going for a humorous bent. The married guy who's getting away for the summer to finally work on his novel and gets stuck with a ghost who won't shut up. A ghost writer in fact, she has the ability to manifest for a limited time each day, so she can show him why what he's writing doesn't work. She never got to finish her own book so she's been waiting for a writer to come along and collaborate with her.

I'm not great at humor but I'd be going for a humorous bent. The married guy who's getting away for the summer to finally work on his novel and gets stuck with a ghost who won't shut up. A ghost writer in fact, she has the ability to manifest for a limited time each day, so she can show him why what he's writing doesn't work. She never got to finish her own book so she's been waiting for a writer to come along and collaborate with her.

The married EROTICA writer who gets connected to a ghost who can manifest for a limited time each day and show him how his written positions and actions just won't fly...and what WILL work...

I like it.

The unhappy female ghost who cums to him in his dreams and becomes his muse. Does she cross over and cum to him when he is awake also? Is there a noticeable difference in his writing before and after her?

I have a variant of this in ELENA'S TALE in A TASTE OF INCEST: SPIRITS. Brother and sister in a haunted house are possessed by the ghosts of past siblings. That tale has a nice twist ending.

That's the trick with haunted-house stories. There have been so many! All the usual stuff has been done! Gotta find a good twist, else it just drifts along.

One thought I had is that maybe the author looks like the ghost's former beloved. Could be a coincidence, or a family resemblance. Maybe it's his great-grandfather's fiancee who died tragically young before the wedding, and now she sees a chance to recapture the feelings of her old love.

The married guy who's getting away for the summer to finally work on his novel and gets stuck with a ghost who won't shut up.

That right there is the kernel of an all-time great story.

Maybe he's the only one who can see or hear her. She says obnoxious and/or funny things when other people visit. And she parades around nude, distracting him.

Maybe he's the only one who can see or hear her. She says obnoxious and/or funny things when other people visit. And she parades around nude, distracting him.
That's an spin of Thorne Smith's classic TOPPER book (later films and TV series) where only a staid banker sees the exhibitionist drunkard ghosts haunting his domain. Hmmm, that gives me ideas for the next Hallowe'en contest here. Could rig that into a Valentine tale too, with sex-fiend ghost(s) match-making a shy or reluctant individual or couple (or more). In a more sinister telling, never-seen sex-ghosts are poltergeists playing infuriating, ominous tricks on mortals.

Back