My Little Pony...

There are a lot of great kids' cartoons, Sean and I were talking about a lot of the ones we loved, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, Earthworm Jim...Powerpuff Girls...finding out that it was written by the lady that did Powerpuff Girls tipped me over into tracking it down. Worth it!

I haven't seen any of those, except Powepuff girls, I used to find that annoying even in my younger days... I doubt I'd have a change of heart now.

I used to enjoy watching Dexter's Laboratory even when I was in college.

I haven't seen any of those, except Powepuff girls, I used to find that annoying even in my younger days... I doubt I'd have a change of heart now.

I used to enjoy watching Dexter's Laboratory even when I was in college.

I watched a lot of them with my kids, but now that they're not around, I have to fend for myself.

To the best of my knowledge the original wasn't that popular. Certainly no more so than any comprable girls cartoon. Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Pound Puppies any of the billion plus Barbie Cartoons. I know there were a few others but not having been a little girl I don't have a lot of memories of them.

Like I said it's Batman to Batman. There are lots of similarities but not liking the older version is no reason not to enjoy the modern telling.

and yes this is MLP: Friendship is Magic.

Interesting side note because Hasbro didn't give a fuck about My Little Pony between like 88 and 2010 they had lost the copyrights to like half the characters because they didn't bother to renew the copyrights once every ten years and half o fwhat they got to keep was because nobody else had swooped in and gotten them. Kinda like how Micheal Jackson owned more Beatles music than any of the surviving members did. Anybody got a clue where those songs ended up or are they still part of the estate or what not?

As for watching it and enjoying it, yep. It also has a great fandom so if you let it take you for a walk through Youtube you can find all sorts of neat shit. That's how I ended up finding out about Lindsey Sterling. (That happens to be better than the song they set to ponies IMHO though probably not her best but I don't feel like digging through my youtube play list right now.) Stellar community second only to the Dr. Who community in my experience. And dear god don't get started on the adventures of Dr. Whooves. When two fandoms decided it was time to do the fusion dance they fucking rocked it hardcore.

To the best of my knowledge the original wasn't that popular. Certainly no more so than any comprable girls cartoon. Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears, Pound Puppies any of the billion plus Barbie Cartoons. I know there were a few others but not having been a little girl I don't have a lot of memories of them.

Like I said it's Batman to Batman. There are lots of similarities but not liking the older version is no reason not to enjoy the modern telling.

and yes this is MLP: Friendship is Magic.

Interesting side note because Hasbro didn't give a fuck about My Little Pony between like 88 and 2010 they had lost the copyrights to like half the characters because they didn't bother to renew the copyrights once every ten years and half o fwhat they got to keep was because nobody else had swooped in and gotten them. Kinda like how Micheal Jackson owned more Beatles music than any of the surviving members did. Anybody got a clue where those songs ended up or are they still part of the estate or what not?

As for watching it and enjoying it, yep. It also has a great fandom so if you let it take you for a walk through Youtube you can find all sorts of neat shit. That's how I ended up finding out about Lindsey Sterling. (That happens to be better than the song they set to ponies IMHO though probably not her best but I don't feel like digging through my youtube play list right now.) Stellar community second only to the Dr. Who community in my experience. And dear god don't get started on the adventures of Dr. Whooves. When two fandoms decided it was time to do the fusion dance they fucking rocked it hardcore.

Dr. Whooves! YAAAAY!

He even shows up unofficially in the cartoon. Either that or it's a coincidence that they have a pony with an hour glass cutie mark and hair that looks a lot like David Tennant.

On a side note am I the only person who isn't entirely certain where Pony joints are? I swear it's like their shoulders, elbows and ankles/wrists just kinda go whereever the fuck is convienent at the moment. Of course being made of marshmellows probably helps tremendously with that just bending all willy nilly like they gorramned please.

double_rainboom_by_yalcahoon-d5ytv4t.png

He even shows up unofficially in the cartoon. Either that or it's a coincidence that they have a pony with an hour glass cutie mark and hair that looks a lot like David Tennant.

On a side note am I the only person who isn't entirely certain where Pony joints are? I swear it's like their shoulders, elbows and ankles/wrists just kinda go whereever the fuck is convienent at the moment. Of course being made of marshmellows probably helps tremendously with that just bending all willy nilly like they gorramned please.

I'm pretty sure where they are on real horses. These are not real horses and they're extra special magical bendy.

Just making sure I wasn't the only one. Especially since sometimes I pretty sure all the joints are where they belong and then someone (Pinky Pie) will do something utterly absurd and it's like. . .uh I'm not questioning how you got there just why your arms bend like that. I know the answer to how you got there is simply that reality functions how you want it to when you want it to.

Just making sure I wasn't the only one. Especially since sometimes I pretty sure all the joints are where they belong and then someone (Pinky Pie) will do something utterly absurd and it's like. . .uh I'm not questioning how you got there just why your arms bend like that. I know the answer to how you got there is simply that reality functions how you want it to when you want it to.

I think they're based on Gumby.

That would make a lot of sense.

On a side note what the fuck is it with tribbles?! Why has nobody in the long sad history of the world realized that tribbles are bad from the get go! Well except Pinky and her one pony band and the resulting confusion by everybody else but it seems like everybody from Captain Picard to Ben Ten to Twilight Sparkle has to deal with these things and I like eating enough that when I see something the size of a golf ball devour a cake in a single go I know that only one of us can be allowed to remain in the ecosystem and I chose me!

That would make a lot of sense.

On a side note what the fuck is it with tribbles?! Why has nobody in the long sad history of the world realized that tribbles are bad from the get go! Well except Pinky and her one pony band and the resulting confusion by everybody else but it seems like everybody from Captain Picard to Ben Ten to Twilight Sparkle has to deal with these things and I like eating enough that when I see something the size of a golf ball devour a cake in a single go I know that only one of us can be allowed to remain in the ecosystem and I chose me!

I think a lot of authors have owned pregnant cats and felt a storyline suggest itself.

Pre-emptive strikes against the adorable are frowned upon.

Unfortunately the worse place we've seen in Equestria is the Everfree forest. Where the clouds move on there own and the animals take care of themselves!!!!!!!

Funny how they left out that it's inhabited by thus far dragons, manticores, cockatrices and timberwolves (equal parts adorable and awesome as they are actual timber-wolves) You'd think those would be the details that would stand out not that the weather handles itself there.

Oh and clearly a black person lives there that everybody is afraid of because she can rap and rhyme and would be in the running for Best Pony if she'd show up more often. And be named Rarity.

Unfortunately the worse place we've seen in Equestria is the Everfree forest. Where the clouds move on there own and the animals take care of themselves!!!!!!!

Funny how they left out that it's inhabited by thus far dragons, manticores, cockatrices and timberwolves (equal parts adorable and awesome as they are actual timber-wolves) You'd think those would be the details that would stand out not that the weather handles itself there.

Oh and clearly a black person lives there that everybody is afraid of because she can rap and rhyme and would be in the running for Best Pony if she'd show up more often. And be named Rarity.

Ursa Minor was awesome.

Zebras are cool.

Trixie would be in the running for best Pony if she'd show up more too.

Though I was a little confused as to how "I can kick your ass" translated to "Anything you can do I can do better."

Trixie would be in the running for best Pony if she'd show up more too.

Though I was a little confused as to how "I can kick your ass" translated to "Anything you can do I can do better."

I think 'cause it's a girly show...violence isn't the forte.

Oh I get that violence isn't the primary function (Despite the show starting out with a goddamn Power Rangers meet n' greet followed by the friendship cannon and thus far every season has opened with a can of whoop ass) but Trixie didn't cheat using her magic to beat AJ and Rarity she just beat them like red headed step children and declared herself the winner. I R confused. If I say I can lasso better than you and you punch me in the face and tie me up that doesn't mean you can lasso better than me! It means you punched me in the face. If they'd challenged her to a fight that would be one thing.

Also Dashie should remember she can summon rainbows more often.

Oh well. Hurry and make more Saturday so you can meet the Diamond Dogs.

Oh I get that violence isn't the primary function (Despite the show starting out with a goddamn Power Rangers meet n' greet followed by the friendship cannon and thus far every season has opened with a can of whoop ass) but Trixie didn't cheat using her magic to beat AJ and Rarity she just beat them like red headed step children and declared herself the winner. I R confused. If I say I can lasso better than you and you punch me in the face and tie me up that doesn't mean you can lasso better than me! It means you punched me in the face. If they'd challenged her to a fight that would be one thing.

Also Dashie should remember she can summon rainbows more often.

Oh well. Hurry and make more Saturday so you can meet the Diamond Dogs.

Well..Trixie was about "appearing" to be better so she could cheat to reach her goals. Apple just wanted to be better and got tricked and humiliated by the crowd. Because you're not supposed to show off or trick people and you should use your talents for something useful.

Convinced my daughter to watch it with me when she visits for Thanksgiving so I'll have to pick out the best ones.

Well that gives you a month roughly to get to Discord. And sadly like I said you kinda have to start with the first two episodes cus it kinda lays the groundwork. It also has ponies drinking. . sure it turns out to be hot sauce but I'm fairly certain given the container it was supposed to be an adult beverage of some sort. yup yup.

And besides if giggle with the ghosties doesn't make you smile you have no soul.

It seems to be Saturday.

It is. I got distracted by migraines and Supernatural. Migraines make it hard for me appreciate new things. I'd hate to be mean to the ponies because I'm inherently crabby.

When my brain dries out I might have a better shot at being amused.

Sorry bout the Migraines. My sister and Ex used to get them really bad (still might I don't talk to either of them often) and man you can almost feel that shit just by being in the same room as you.

Sorry bout the Migraines. My sister and Ex used to get them really bad (still might I don't talk to either of them often) and man you can almost feel that shit just by being in the same room as you.

That's me! I'm white knuckling it here for a little while, I can't catch a health break. But once I'm doine with Supernatural I'm headed over to Ponies and riding them (hee hee...*snort*) through the seasons.

Back