Literotica Authors and Their Books (For Literotica Authors ONLY)

OUt of curiosity, has anyone bought or read any of these books by our fellow Litizens? I myself have a few I'd like to purchace, but I lack the funds.:( Some day!
 
Hi all! I'd like to remind everyone that this thread is for Literotica authors to promote their published books. If you do not have stories on Literotica, please do not post about your published work here. Also, please do not make multiple posts for the same releases. Thanks, and congratulations to all!
 
Surprises of Love by Amicus

SURPRISES OF LOVE
… BY AMICUS


Eight stories of different young women; a story that will bring tears and one to draw a smile, another to open your eyes in disbelief and one that will ‘Surprise’; then a little mystery and one so tender it will touch your soul.


Stories you will read again and again…a book you will loan to friends and hope it finds its way back to your bookshelf.

http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...98963/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/102-0528731-2180962


http://search.barnesandnoble.com/bo...ru0EAid&sourceid=M000000265&cds2Pid=946&pdf=y

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/books/1413731007/reviews/026-5937196-8297265

http://www.amazon.ca/exec/obidos/ASIN/1413731007/qid=1099600654/701-4525291-8893933


Absolutely Beautiful story
12/28/03 by Anonymous in USA
”Honestly, I'm usually unhappy with adultery stories, but every so often a story comes around that is so touching, so romantic that I can't help but like it. This is one such story for me!”



“…. you have a marvelously deft touch with the English language. You
paint wonderful pictures with your words. It is all too rare an experience for me to find an author who entraps me so skillfully that I come to the end of a story shocked that the "movie" I was watching was, in fact, no movie at all, but instead, the product of expertly woven words on a page.

Your attention to detail is subtle yet satisfying -- inviting me to explore your settings without drowning me in inconsequentials. You give just enough to allow a decent imagination to fill in as much or as little as it desires.”



Comments:

“Just finished reading "Susan" and am compelled to compliment youon a very nice tale...of course you left it (no doubt deliberately) set up to simply cry out for a follow-up. In case you were waiting to hear how "Susan" was received before considering carrying the tale farther on, please consider yourself advised that it is a good idea.”

"Oh, daddy, that's the saddest, sweetest thing I ever read. What are you going to do?" What a way to leave us!”





Comments:

“Hi…thank you for writing this wonderful story! But why do they have to
part - that's so sad. Though not a native speaker this really touched my
heart...I would love to find a sequel on this one... some day. Do you think my
wish can come true?”


Comments:

“I gave you a five for rating. This is an emotional love story that
holds the readers attention and is well written, so what will he do? Will we find out or do we use our own imagination to finish? Thanks for good reading”


Comments:

“Damn, "Susan" was the best and most engrossing story that I have come
across on literotica.com”

“Thank you for submitting it, and allowing others to enjoy it. I appreciate your style and development of characters.”


Comments:

“Thank you for a beautiful story. It brought tears to my eyes, made my heart ache and made me smile all at the same time. If you choose to continue the story, please give it a happy ending for all of us hopeless romantics. Thanks”,


Comments:

“Oh please how does he respond? I should actually tell you first that I
really liked your story. I really, really would like to know how he responds...Please don't keep us in suspense...”


http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASIN/1413731007/qid=1100572584/402-8720345-1458558
 

Attachments

  • coleone cover art jpg.jpg
    coleone cover art jpg.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Re: Surprises of Love by Amicus

amicus said:
Are you considering a special gift for the Holiday Season?


SURPRISES OF LOVE
BY AMICUS


http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes



Comments:

“Damn, "Susan" was the best and most engrossing story that I have come
across on literotica.com”

“Thank you for submitting it, and allowing others to enjoy it. I appreciate your style and development of characters.”



Congratulations on your soon to be published book, Amicus. I know it is exciting and that is good promotion using the holidays as a teaser to buy it.

Just a couple comments on promotion, promotion the bane of all self published authors, I know! First you have teased me with this post and I might want to go buy it. Naturally, I will be inclined to use the first link, however it only takes me to some page that does not have your book on it.....

Then, and most customers will not click a second time for this, the second link shows me with some reading that this book is not out until Dec?? Dang, I will forget by then.

Further I see in the comments on your book that all or some of it must be posted on literotic.com. Ohh, lil devil in me says heyyy if I am really interested I will just go read it for free online.

Now I am not saying if or not any parts of books that I have for sale are also posted on literotica, however I would try not to use a comment with that in it, for people I am trying to tantalize to buy it. :)


Good luck on your sales!

Omni :rose:
 
Re: Surprises of Love by Amicus

drats, edited double post...
 
Thank you KarenAM...followed the link to your story...excellent!
 
Rattrap

85,000 word 310 page novel. Intriguing plot, strong characters with opposing agendas, intense scenes prompting a page turn, and secrets suddenly revealed.

A promiscuous collegiate cheerleader accuses a star National Football League player of rape. He admits the sex, but says it was consensual, and confesses to adultery in a news conference.

The player's unscrupulous agent leads a team that deploys a "nuts and sluts" defense strategy focusing on the accuser's past sexual history and mental problems. A beautiful rookie newspaper reporter is assigned to the case by her editor who falls in love with her. But she fears love more than she fears evil because of the horrific death in her arms of one former lover and to her what is a dark secret regarding another.

The reporter is drawn into the diabolical web of dirty tricks, blackmail, and murder and becomes a target herself. Both the alleged victim and the accused suffer tragic fates. The reporter ultimately realizes she must understand the nature of evil in order to defeat evil when she is kidnapped by a psychotic, cannibalistic serial killer and assassin for hire.

Ordering Information

RATTRAP is also sold in other online stores (email me for info) and paperback and hard cover editions will soon be available.
 
Last edited:
I'm getting back into Sci Fi and Fantasy... anyone have any reccomendations?
 
Book Review, anyone?

My book of Romantica Short Stories, 'Surprises of Love' will be formally released on December 13. But it has been available for several weeks now.

If any fellow Lit authors and writers would care to make a review, I will send you a PDF file of the book. You can email me at amicusveritasb@yahoo.com or amicusveritas@gmail.com Many of the stories were posted for over a year on Literotica, so you may have read them before.

I would like the reviews posted at publishamerica.com or at amazon.com and the other online booksellers if you are interested. Thank you.

http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes
 
Well..phooey....sighs...no takers....

Just got two rejection slips on the same day, Friday, one from a Publisher and one from a Literary agent, "Sorry your manuscript does not suit our needs at this time..."

Both were worded in a similar fashion after six weeks of anxious waiting for a response.

Pity party I guess...start all over again....

Thought this might be a good idea...apparently not.
 
Ouch. :rose:

You have begun the trek of wallpapering your house with rejection slips. It's going to suck. Perhaps less than if you were trying to break into a more competitive field like fantasy, sci-fi, horror, contempory, or mystery, but still you'll get far more than your fair share until the lucky breaks come around.

Be happy in your one compilation. Few others make it that far.
 
Thanx Luc....I have quite a collection over the last 30 years, que sara, sara...

amicus...
 
Book reviews are hard to come by. My novel has one at Amazon, and one at the Midwest Book Review, and that's it. I'd love to get more, too, but either way I'm going to keep working on the novel's prequel and sequel (my muse won't let me stop, you know).

The fact is that most people who read your work do not comment on it. Here at Literotica, for example, if one in 3000 hits on my stories produces feedback, I figure I'm doing well.

Publishing, as you know, is an extremely competitive business. You are up against literally hundreds of thousands of other books, and to a publisher, the bottom line is all that matters, art and quality be damned. Readers are jaded and overwhelmed by the sheer quantity available.

But keep at it, Amicus. The fact that you self-published shows that you believe in yourself and your vision. That counts for a lot, in my view.

:)
 
KarenAM

Thank you...for your post and for your kindness on the Book thread at the top of the Aurhors Hangout.

Yes, I find a dirth of comments, even on a story that had over 30,000 hits here on Lit. I have removed some of my stories but I counted somewhat over a quarter of a million hit all total and the number of comments is miniscule, even with a story that won a monthly first place award.

Although I did self publish a book in the 80's, a political broadside, it was done through a print shop. I printed 2500 copies and sold 2300 of them at ten bucks a shot. But I was doing a radio talk show five days a week in a major market area and was able to promote the book.

My recent book, Surprises of Love, is being published by Publishamerica which is a legitimate publisher but in a new direction. I did not pay to have the book published.

I have a seven year contract with the publisher, they did the final editing and provided cover art, ISBN number and did what was necessary to get the book submitted to all the online book vendors. It is in paperback and if sales are moderate, they will print a hardback edition.

The book business is changing, with many publishers going the POD (print on demand) direction so that the only print a book when it is ordered rather than print a given number and warehouse them until they are sold.

I too have a prequel and a sequel to my Chief novel, the one that was rejected and now that I understand book selling a little better, may indeed decide to self-publish once again. But it again would be through a 'printing' company, not a subsidy publisher.

Perhaps other writers on Lit might exchange ideas on obtaining an ISBN and patent rights and the process by which amazon and B&N list books on their sites.

I am a bit disappointed that Literotica does not have a better means of helping fellow Litsters promote their works, perhaps a discussion with Laurel and Manu might open an avenue for authors trying to get their books in the marketplace.

Is your novel the story of yours I read, Usahar, about the sex slave that returned to her place of confinement? That was a very good write and I would be happy to write a review for you if you would send me your ISBN.

Thank you again....Ami

http://www.publishamerica.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?Search=Yes
 
Last edited:
Hi Amicus--

For my novel, I used the POD publisher iUniverse, who did the cover art and got my ISBN for a small fee. I had to do all the editing and such, but I'm pretty happy with the result. Included in the package was listing on B&N and Amazon.

"The Usahar" is set in the same universe as the story you enjoyed, "Finding Words" (and thanks again for the kind review of that!), but is set much earlier, before the Adhal wars.

A thread discussing the perils and pitfalls and pleasures of publishing would be nice, and may already exist.

I'm not sure what more Laurel and Manu could do to help us promote our books, beyond having the sticky thread, which is very nice of them to do. This site is dedicated mostly to providing free erotica, so I can see why they would prefer to devote themselves to that. I've found that the exposure I've gotten here has fuelled most of my book sales, so I'm pretty happy with it.
 
I'm afraid I simply don't have time, but I wish you luck amicus. Hope the acceptance comes through soon.

The Earl
 
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy.

I got a big envelop in the mail today containing two issues of the fall/winter number of Smut Magazine.
Inside is one of my stories!

:nana: :nana: :nana:

Someone thought my story was fun enough to publish it. Yeah!

For those who are curious: it's not posted as a story on this site. Well, you'd have to dig very deep to find the first draft of it in the challenge thread.

xmas6.gif
 
Back
Top