Little Huntress ~Battle of "Right and Wrong"~

IC: Soren Mendoza

"I will gauge what state she is in there."

He got into his truck and reached to put in his keys into the ignition. Maybe he could make his escape before she said another word.

"Damn it Father, this is no time to run away because you feel failure even when you knew when I was born what was to happen," Jalla growled at him, "Rayna is out cold her mind and soul The God's knows where... Illnesses striking wolves and vampires alike and you and I for now are the only ones who can do anything about it. So stop being a stubborn fool and let's find a way to fix this... Together..."

The keys paused at the ignition. "What more can I do, Jalla? I have held off Warin shredding any chance at peace with the vampires for years. I have put young Gregory into play and kept Deagan from going half-cocked and getting himself killed...what more is there?"

"Be the balance Deagan will have to become," She told him taking hold of the door, "No one needs that ancient monster running around not even the old ones."

Soren lowered his eyes from her, "I am trying...the spirits know I am, but that boy has your stubborn streak and a head as thick as my own...I am sorry Jalla, my beautiful baby girl...I am so so sorry."

--------------------X

IC: Donovan

"We will make sure of it," He agreed before turning to leave her, "And they will pay with their lives."

She raked sharp clawlike fingernails down his chest stopping him from leaving her just yet. She smiled in what she must believe was an successful effort to initiate a display of intimacy.

"Do you need me to stay, mistress?" He said, there were few things he'd say was off the table in order to get what Donovan felt he was owed after all.
 
Tell me how I help Rayna... For starters. She is out cold burning up but the blood within her is near ice. She can't be roused any... And all after the new blood dolls. Sadly she fed so deeply from her personal blood doll any blood left in him is useless to us his body will produce new and clearly it will be clean.

She sighed.

The others I don't know the symptoms but their blood dolls are clean too.

________

She lifted a brow but waved him off.

Dismissed go deal with your sister
 
IC: Soren Mendoza

Soren lowered his eyes from her, "I am trying...the spirits know I am, but that boy has your stubborn streak and a head as thick as my own...I am sorry Jalla, my beautiful baby girl...I am so so sorry."

"Tell me how I help Rayna... For starters," Jalla asked.

"What are her symptoms." Soren asked with a breath...he had almost broken down in front of her after so long. Now the conversation was in safer ground.

"She is out cold burning up but the blood within her is near ice." She told him.

He nodded, "If it is poison it sounds like one I do not know. Anything else?"

"She can't be roused any... And all after the new blood dolls," She said, "Sadly she fed so deeply from her personal blood doll any blood left in him is useless to us his body will produce new and clearly it will be clean."

"I think you should treat this like the humans treat contaminated food stores," He shrugged, "Go to your supplier and question him with some of your Ankou cohorts to back you up, and bring Rayna's advisor, Darren, despite being a vampire he has a pretty decent head on his shoulders."

With that he reached out and took hold of his daughter's hand meeting her eyes with his. The look between them carrying the words he'd never been allowed to speak out in her long tragic exile from her tribe. "Good hunting, Jalla."
 
Go to her Father. I would trust you and our white wolf healer ankou and her ghost friend watching over her. She is in the Ankou Chambers you will be safe there. Please... Do not fight me on this... The bear cop watch over the cubs and sick wolves I know she will not let anything happen to them.

Her eyes pleaded before hearing good hunting as she smiled.

Our healer can tell you more about her symptoms so can the young ghost.

With that She turned whistling as Ishari and a couple of others joined her walking into the woods... Ready to hunt. They made their way to the ancient house collecting their leader and her mate along the way. Jalla looked to Ishari...

You will fall back if we need death we will summon you.

Ishari grinned and looking to the others with her insane grin knowing home was protected as well by many of the pack as well.

I will listen to the whistles

With that Ishari was gone.
 
IC: Darren Cross

Darren knelt down looking at the flat tire of the car he'd taken to the wildlife reserve in order so he could speak with Soren, the leader of the shifters set to negotiate a new treaty with Rayna starting tomorrow. Was supposed to.

He sighed. This was great. A total microcosm of his day crystalized in one moment.

He turned when he felt someone step around the back of the car.

"Jalla," He said recognizing the only member of the Ankou pack he trusted implicitly. Ember and he would never get along. Her mate was firmly her puppet. And Ishari, Ishari was just nuts. He never could tell which way she'd fall on any subject. No, Jalla was the only one that was sensible and reliable in Darren's opinion.

"What are you doing here," He asked her, "Shouldn't you be back in the city."

His eyes widened as a new worry came upon him, "Has Rayna gotten worse?"
 
Jalla motioned for him to follow. Pointing to one of the others of the pack then to the car as she kept walking.

We are going to have words with the blood doll supplier about such a strangely tainted delivery. Come with us. F... Soren will hopefully do as I asked and go aid our healer and your young ghost friend in tending to Rayna.

She studied the packs reaction to him and his to them.

This distrust will end. We have no other choice. Darren what is your distrust of us? Clearly with you disregard for Bishop and connection to Rayna we all trust and accept you far more than you trust or accept us. On this walk we will clear this little issue. Ishari is our back up if things with the blood doll supplier goes bad but she is near and will hear this too.

She looked to him

Advisor Darren begin?
 
IC: Darren Cross

His eyes widened as a new worry came upon him, "Has Rayna gotten worse?"

Jalla motioned for him to follow. Pointing to one of the others of the pack then to the car as she kept walking. "We are going to have words with the blood doll supplier about such a strangely tainted delivery. Come with us."

"Go to Donovan? That makes sense," He nodded to Jalla before looking to the other members of the Ankou with her, "Do you really think Donovan could have contaminated the blood dolls? He's been our supplier for two hundred years."

"Come with us. F... Soren will hopefully do as I asked," She continued, "And go aid our healer and your young ghost friend in tending to Rayna."

He looked back to her. "You expect the leader of the shifters to help the leader of the vampires? Jalla you're smarter than that. It'd be political suicide for both. Warin would have your father's position by the balls not too mention the hardliners back in the hotel that would love to take down Bishop's usurper especially when she's too ill to defend herself."

"This distrust will end," She explained, "We have no other choice."

He looked to the other Ankou then to her and shook his head in exasperated denial. Damn more crazy talk from the lunatic fringe.

"Darren what is your distrust of us?"

He shrugged. Fine if she wanted it out between them. "Your insane...all of you. You think everyone will go and do the right thing because its the right thing and all they have to do is just see that's the truth, but they won't do that. That's not how it works at all, Jalla. People will always deny or subvert the truth to fit their own narrative rather than abandon it."

"Clearly with you disregard for Bishop and connection to Rayna we all trust and accept you far more than you trust or accept us," She replied turning to the road ahead, "On this walk we will clear this little issue."

"I don't understand how with your history you can be so naïve, and you're the sanest of all the Ankou," He told her, "Or for that matter, Ishari. She's the nuttiest of all of you after all. How any of you aren't This will be delicate asking Donovan about this. That guy is really touchy. Will she be coming with us?"

"Ishari is our back up," She nodded, "If things with the blood doll supplier goes bad, but she is near and will hear this too."

He shook his head once more. Insanity is all they know. "And explain to me how having someone so unstable be our backup is supposed to reassure me?"
 
Not Donnovan... His mother. If she knows nothing about the painting which is what I suspect than the dark scent on Donnovan and the wolf scent on his sister will explain alot about the attack on both sides. Wolves grow I'll with no explanation. We already prepared to bury some of the young.

Naive... No... But we are the ones designed to get answers.

Jalla shook her head.

There is a balance that goes beyond werebeings and vampires. We all keep the balance between the safety of all and a darkness older than life itself. We are not insane... We can simply see both worlds because we walk both worlds.

Ishari did something for you she has never done for many ever... In fact the only other person she forced herself back into the hell of "sanity" was Rayna. Plus is it not better to have backup with no qualms with ripping the enemy to ribbons?
 
IC: Darren Cross

He shook his head once more. Insanity is all they know. "And explain to me how having someone so unstable be our backup is supposed to reassure me?"

"Not Donnovan... His mother," Jalla told him, "If she knows nothing about the painting which is what I suspect than the dark scent on Donnovan and the wolf scent on his sister will explain alot about the attack on both sides."

"Both Sides," He asked, "Soren didn't give any hint of that. Are you sure?"

"Wolves grow ill with no explanation," She went on, "We already prepared to bury some of the young."

"Really," Darren muttered, "Damn. You're right, with that news its suspicious as hell. But why would someone want to play both sides like this?"

Jalla's head shook, "There is a balance that goes beyond werebeings and vampires. We all keep the balance between the safety of all and a darkness older than life itself. We are not insane... We can simply see both worlds because we walk both worlds."

Darren looked at her skeptically, "A balance...right...between everybody and a big evil ancient darkness? That's why Ishari is crazy?"

Like he said the Ankou were nuts, but he did at least like working with Jalla despite being a little nuts, thanks to being one of the Ankou, she did actually have a good head on her shoulders when it came to making the tough decisions.

She looked at him like she did not appreciate his continuing skepticism, "Ishari did something for you she has never done for many ever..."

"And what's that," He asked leadingly, "Who else did she do it for?"

"In fact the only other person she forced herself back into the hell of "sanity" was Rayna," Jalla explained, "Plus is it not better to have backup with no qualms with ripping the enemy to ribbons?"

'The hell of sanity'?

What kind of nonsense was that? How was sanity hell? Sure the world is kinda shitty, but that was people's faults not reality's.

To her statement he shrugged, "Provided she knows when and who to eviscerate."

They got down the road and he told her, "I don't know if I believe all this about ancient evil darknesses. I tend to put my money on people just being selfish assholes over evil forces. I need some real proof before I can get behind your idea, Jalla."
 
Grabbing his shirt and planting Darren against a nearby tree she snarled. He could not fathom her pack... Her family and the sacrifice each of them made in their lives for the greater good of others.

Your distrust and arrogant lack of willingness to learn about a life other than the one you loathe so much grows weary Advisor. Learn about others before you judge them nuts. Yes for Ishari sanity jis like standing in the tiniest bit of sunlight for you for even a few seconds. The sacrifice any member of this pack has made becoming what we are for the greater good of other. Putting our lives on the line for vampire and wolf alike while hated and distrusted and misunderstood by the very people we vow to protect! continue this conversation of distrust in any of us and perhaps we will let you handle this by yourself to show you that none of you are ready to do what we do. Rayna however has always loved and respected each of us and helped Me and Ishari in ways your self centered brain could never understand.

Ember placed her hand on Jalla's shoulder to try to calm her only to get snarled at. Seeing that the others looked worried that Jalla would rip commanders advisor to ribbons right there. Ishari's voice broke the tense silence.

Jalla...

Her voice calm... Sane... Pained but sane.

Sister of soul... Yes he is ignorant to the truth we all live... Part of that is on Deacon. The fact that he is as bullheadedly blind like Deagan is the fault of youthful pride of knowing better than those before. Commander however still loves him. Remember the compassion trust and respect she has shown us and educate without harming what is hers.

Ishari carefully removed Jalla from Darren.

Not some ancient evil. Merely the darkest form of an elder race. Destined merely by birth to be queen but too corrupt and dangerous even in the opinion of her own barbarous kind to ever hold that place. The closer she got to becoming of age to take the thrown the more all the elder races scrambled to seek a loophole. The werewolves and vampires gave them that loophole. A new...

Ishari tensed growling as her mind felt as if it would burst into flames and her body shook almost violently as she fought to hold that sanity at least till her tale was finished.

A... New... Race that...needed... territory and...a...place...to call...their own. The ancient races... Gave them... these lands... sealing her away from the throne before sealing her away... the spirits foretold this day... Your ancestor... Knew Rayna was to be the one... Mother would have entered a war that no one would survive... Deacon would have been corrupted...but Rayna... Rayna with her advisors and her allies and warriors... And the balance between the voices of the great bear and the death bear would defeat... The creature for... Good.

With that Ishari dropped to the ground shaking her eyes focused millions of miles away as the fight in her mind was too great.

Jalla hissed

My sister of soul destroys herself to help you... never forget that boy
 
Last edited:
IC: Darren Cross

They got down the road and he told her, "I don't know if I believe all this about ancient evil darknesses. I tend to put my money on people just being selfish assholes over evil forces. I need some real proof before I can get behind your idea, Jalla."

Suddenly Jalla grabbed hold of him and spun slamming him hard against a tree trunk. She glared at him growling, "Your distrust and arrogant lack of willingness to learn about a life other than the one you loathe so much grows weary, Advisor."

"What," He gasped as the impact had knocked the wind out of his lungs, "What..."

"Learn about others before you judge them nuts," She told him harshly, "Yes for Ishari sanity is like standing in the tiniest bit of sunlight for you for even a few seconds. The sacrifice any member of this pack has made becoming what we are for the greater good of others. Putting our lives on the line for vampire and wolf alike while hated and distrusted and misunderstood by the very people we vow to protect!"

"What..." He repeated wide-eyed still struggling to retain his breath, "...Let me go."

Jalla continued on inexorably like the mythical Juggernaut unfazed in the slightest by his protests, "Continue this conversation of distrust in any of us and perhaps we will let you handle this by yourself to show you that none of you are ready to do what we do."

Darren saw in her eyes a deadly earnestness behind her words.

"Rayna however has always loved and respected each of us and helped Me and Ishari in ways your self centered brain could never understand," She pressed.

Darren's hands finally moved taking hold of her wrists and trying to pull her hands off of him, "Geez, just when I thought you were the sensible one, Jalla."

Ember who was the last person Darren would suspect came to his rescue. She placed a hand on Jalla's shoulder saying, "Jalla...Sister of soul... Yes he is ignorant to the truth we all live... Part of that is on Deacon. The fact that he is as bullheadedly blind like Deagan is the fault of youthful pride of knowing better than those before. Commander however still loves him. Remember the compassion trust and respect she has shown us and educate without harming what is hers."

She pulled her away from him allowing Darren to slump down rubbing his sore back.

"Not some ancient evil. Merely the darkest form of an elder race. Destined merely by birth to be queen but too corrupt and dangerous even in the opinion of her own barbarous kind to ever hold that place. The closer she got to becoming of age to take the thrown the more all the elder races scrambled to seek a loophole. The werewolves and vampires gave them that loophole. A new...." Ishari announced to him as he struggled to rise back up to his feet, "A... New... Race that...needed... territory and...a...place...to call...their own. The ancient races... Gave them... these lands... sealing her away from the throne before sealing her away... the spirits foretold this day... Your ancestor... Knew Rayna was to be the one... Mother would have entered a war that no one would survive... Deacon would have been corrupted...but Rayna... Rayna with her advisors and her allies and warriors... And the balance between the voices of the great bear and the death bear would defeat... The creature for... Good."

Straightening Darren grimaced as back protested rather painfully any motion he made. He looked at Ishari. He could see the strain she was putting herself to even say what she had with any coherency.

Jalla hissed at him, "My sister of soul destroys herself to help you... never forget that boy."

"I don't know what to believe..." He told them, "None of this jives with anything Bishop ever told me about our origins, but on the other hand you are right...I was letting my issues with all of you to cloud my judgment on this. So I may be slow to believe what you are telling me, but I swear I'll try to keep an open mind on it."

-----------------------X

IC: Warin

Warin sat in the van looking out at the hotel. The dirty bloodsuckers liked to think they ran this town from that building. They thought they were safe in their seat of power.

They thought wrong.

He snarled in contempt and turned to the men and women waiting for him. To them he said, "We've been under the Vampire's thumb since this town was born. This is Boston. A town of revolutionaries, and now its our turn. Tomorrow our dear chief-" He ended that word with a sneer for Soren's title, "-He'll negotiate with their Commander for whatever scraps from their table she wants to give us in a renewed treaty..." He looked over all of them fervent and militant supporters of free and independent and unhindered shifter society...his people. They were being triggered by his words. Their tempers overcoming all good judgment. That was afterall why he had worded his statement the way he had.

He pointed out the window towards the Vampire's supposed stronghold. "well...are you going to let them keep the leash around your necks like a good dog, or are you going to bite the hand that keeps you down on your knees."

"We're gonna bite back!" Someone shouted followed by the others as they opened the doors and charged the entrance of the hotel turning to were form in broad daylight.

Warin got out of the van and began walking away chuckling lightly to himself. Sometimes this was too easy. Sometimes it was just too much fun, and sometimes it was both.
 
Ishari snarled at Jalla for her comment and went back into hiding after she growled once more to Jalla.

Muzzle it. If he wishes to know my story I will tell him when he asks. He should be the one to ask about our reasons for becoming...

Finally the fight was too painful as she moved over to Darren.

Commanders advisor... Pretty smile... Little fangs misgrown by dummy Bishop... He not of the church why does he think he is a Bishop... Silly fangs.

With that she giggled and vanished into the shadows.

Backup darkness wants to go play...now. So go... Go... Go

Jalla took what they did to survive serious and his ignorance was just not something to tolerate in this moment. She did however know that they were right and with a sigh she turned walking away to continue their assignment. Ember looked at Darren.

I think a little sit down with our pack and you and the others advising Rayna is long over due. Bishop only accepted us because Mother ordered it. Mother knew our stories and our reasons. Let's take care of this. One situation at a time.

________________________

With vampires I'll and the wolves thinking the Ankou pack to be small and out on assignment the others were the perfect surprise. An attack was suspected by the ghosts. All well vampires and the rest of the pack leap into the fray ready to fight. Emily stayed with the white wolf and Rayna letting her temper boil in case she needed to help defend Rayna.

Batai... If you have any way to help me fight them I would love to hear it. I can't control this rage once it builds just ask her ancestor and blues man or Greg... Greg... Thats it...

She closed her eyes and focused...

GREG... DEAGAN...SOREN...RAYNA'S ANCESTOR... HELL RAYNA!!!!
 
IC: Darren Cross

"I don't know what to believe..." He told them, "None of this jives with anything Bishop ever told me about our origins, but on the other hand you are right...I was letting my issues with all of you to cloud my judgment on this. So I may be slow to believe what you are telling me, but I swear I'll try to keep an open mind on it."

"Muzzle it. If he wishes to know my story I will tell him when he asks," Ishari growled to Jalla coming surprisingly to Darren's defense, "He should be the one to ask about our reasons for becoming..."

"Uh...Thanks," He told her wincing from the pain in his back from getting slammed against a tree trunk.

She came over to him saying, "Commanders advisor... Pretty smile... Little fangs misgrown by dummy Bishop..."

Darren looked at her trying to keep up what she was saying.

"He not of the church why does he think he is a Bishop... Silly fangs." With that she turned and went back into the trees.

Ember spoke up to him next, "I think a little sit down with our pack and you and the others advising Rayna is long over due. Bishop only accepted us because Mother ordered it. Mother knew our stories and our reasons. Let's take care of this. One situation at a time."

He looked at her for a moment. Ember was the one of the Ankou that he had the most friction with. Of all of them he'd gotten on the best with Jalla, and she'd just slammed him rather hard against a tree. Any chance of that relationship had seriously soured right now.

He sighed with a nod, "Alright, but first let's talk to Donovan's mother."

---------------------X

IC: Batai

Batai appeared at the moment she spoke his name.

He looked to Emily, "I am here, Miresroyo."

-------------------------------------X

IC: Gregory Wolf and Deagan

Deagan staggered back and wiped his split lip with a smile on his face. "Now that you can hit me. We'll work on how to not punch someone like a pussy."

Greg panted from exertion looking at the fist he'd just used to punch him in the mouth for the first time after getting his ass kicked by Deagan so many times before.

The wolf was panting beside him tongue lolling out of its mouth. It had taken both of them working together-or even closer-as one, to even get one punch on their harsh teacher.

The snow still fell in the sacred pine forest within Greg's dreamworld. No wind stirred. The night was still. Silence reigned until a voice echoed out from the distance through the trees.

"GREG... DEAGAN...SOREN.."

He turned at that and brow creasing, "Emily?"

"RAYNA'S ANCESTOR... HELL RAYNA!!!!"

There was a certain level of panic to her voice. It was frightening. He turned back to Deagan and he shrugged, "Well, what do you want to do?"
 
Ember just turned and began walking. She knew she was more distant and cold with the vampires than she probably had to be but it didn't change anything on how they misused the Ankou especially Bishop. She truly hoped that in time Darren would be different... Like Rayna.

Seeing the guard at the gate she nodded to him with a veiled smile.

We will speak with Madame... Now!

One of the lesser packmates snorted as if expecting a challenge that never arrived. The man nodded and opened the gate. The grey wolf snorted again as if sulking. Mumbling...

Too easy... No fair... Ember scares everyone...

Jalla chuckled and tousled the young wolfs hair before wincing.

The death bear hunts she growled briefly.

Needed elsewhere sister?

Ember looked to her but she shook her head no.

He will always keep me posted if my mediation is required. We need to speak with the Madame.

The front door opened by a doorman who showed them into the dining hall where to no surprise only the mother sitting there. She was on the phone clearly attempting to track down her children to no avail. It was as if she knew something was wrong.

I am most pleased you are here Ember of the Ankou as well as you clearly I gather hand picked associates. I have noticed an Illness passing through the vampire associates that help me with this most sacred of task my family and I have honored for centuries. Clearly there is a problem with the supply of which... My children...

She hissed her displeasure.

Have stepped up attempting to take the strain off of an old woman only to clearly mess it up horribly.

______________

Emily relayed everything to Batai as the battle roared outside of the room. Rayna's ancestor stood at the door sealing the room for them to keep Rayna and the others safe. He looked to Batai.

Feline... I give you sanctuary here which should if I remember the felines well enough will give you the ability to aid in waving war with the misguided wolves honorlessly attacking your home and heart.

He motioned to Emily and Rayna.

Emily go to Greg... We will hold things down here.

Emily nodded and smiled before appearing before Greg and Deagan.

Warin has wolves attacking the hotel. Vampires and werewolves both dropping of illnesses we can't get a hold on... Even Rayna... We need to go and go now.
 
IC: Darren Cross

He looked at her for a moment. Ember was the one of the Ankou that he had the most friction with. Of all of them he'd gotten on the best with Jalla, and she'd just slammed him rather hard against a tree. Any chance of that relationship had seriously soured right now.

He sighed with a nod, "Alright, but first let's talk to Donovan's mother."

He followed Ember and the other Ankou down the road. He eyed Jalla as she spoke with Ishari. He rubbed his aching back. He had thought he had been on good terms with her. Of all the Ankou she was the one he liked best. The one he understood the most.

Sadly he walked on following Ember down the road and onto a adjoining road that led them to a statehouse ringed by walls. They came up to the main gates, and two security meathead guys. After speaking with them they were allowed through.

They came up to the house and was ushered inside to meet a woman on the phone in her office.

"I am most pleased you are here Ember of the Ankou as well as you clearly I gather hand picked associates." She told as she greeted Ember.

Darren crossed his arms and leaned against the doorframe allowing Ember to take point on this matter.

"I have noticed an Illness passing through the vampire associates that help me with this most sacred of task my family and I have honored for centuries." She continued with a hiss of displeasure at the end, "Clearly there is a problem with the supply of which... My children...Have stepped up attempting to take the strain off of an old woman only to clearly mess it up horribly."

He looked to Ember waiting to see how she'd handle this. If this woman was guilty of something he'd lay off and give her plenty of rope to hang herself with. Knowing Ember she'd probably go right off the start line with an accusation and set the mother on the defensive.

--------------------X

IC: Batai


Batai appeared at the moment she spoke his name.

He looked to Emily, "I am here, Miresroyo."

Emily hastily laid out what was happening in the hotel.

"I do not know how much help I can give," He told her shaking his head, "I am bound to the necklace around Rayna's neck, and it and the dream sanctuary held within it is tied to her spiritual state of being, which is under siege at the moment....I can not extend the range away from the necklace as I once did without leaving her susceptible to the corruption infesting our island."

The elder spirit turned to him and announced, "Feline... I give you sanctuary here which should if I remember the felines well enough will give you the ability to aid in waving war with the misguided wolves honorlessly attacking your home and heart."

He staggered as he felt the area of his connection to the waking world suddenly and abruptly expand in a rush to include the hotel as well as the necklace. The elder must be one of the true founders of this place to have such an affect upon his sanctuary with just a casual invitation.

"My particular tribe is long vanished in the annals of history elder, the felines among the shifters now are not of my tribe, but yes you are right you have helped immensely."

Taking a moment to regard Rayna who lay unconscious battling this illness feeding the sickness in her heart. He closed his eyes wishing his wife strength before disappearing and reappearing before the invaders of his new sanctuary.

----------------X

IC: Gregory Wolf and Deagan

There was a certain level of panic to her voice. It was frightening. He turned back to Deagan and he shrugged, "Well, what do you want to do?"

"Ignore the chattering girl," Deagan shrugged back, "You still need more work if you think you can fight anyone yet."

Suddenly Emily was between them turning to face him she shouted, "Warin has wolves attacking the hotel. Vampires and werewolves both dropping of illnesses we can't get a hold on... Even Rayna... We need to go and go now."

Greg stood there mouth agape at her earth-shattering news. It was Deagan's frustrated growl, "Warin!"

He nodded to her, "Get back there and buy as much time as you can, Em. We'll be there as soon as we can."

He awoke in Deagan's truck as Deagan was already starting the engine back up.

This was what he'd been training for...but was he really ready for. It didn't matter. Emily and Rayna were in trouble. Rayna needed him. So he had to be ready regardless.
 
Ember listened to the woman and sniffed the air.

I smell no decption from you yet human but do not lie to us. What have they done? Where are they so they can answer for such an attack against their sworn lineage duties?

Ember was contained but that was more due to what she smelled about the old woman. The woman was angry with her children fearful of what they have done and one of the few things mortals in this vampiric world were... Utterly honest.

She knows nothing of what they have done but clearly seems to believe it was done...

On purpose...

The old woman finished her words.

My question is why and no one seems to have any answers for me.

She gestures to a door and the man standing near it opens the door revealing four people bound to chairs.

My children's personal aids. They claim to know nothing. I leave them to you.

With that the old woman stood nodding to each in turn before turning to go.

There are other clean blood dolls waiting upstairs if you wish them many to the hotel please inform my driver he will tend to it personally.

____________________

You do not remember me Feline? It has been a very long time and she was only in my presence for a required family event that you were permitted to accompany her to... I believe we held it in... Santorini. Because I knew her side hated it there. Go and aid the fight I will keep watch over her.

When a ghost appeared before them some of the wolves involuntarily backed away to find another area to attack. Then it was heard. An unmistakable roar... The deathbear roamed... Hunting... Angry... His roar soon answered by the werebears within the city and surrounding lands. This set a few more of the wolves on edge wondering if Warins idea had been a good one after all.

_________________

Emily nodded to Deagan.

Yeah his little wound up footsoldiers are attacking the hotel. Both wolves and vamipres dropping from clearly several different illnesses at the same damn time. LETS GO!!!!!

Hearing Greg she nodded.

Hurry.

With that she was back by Rayna and looked to the door that was sealed the battle on the other side and her powers just wild and chaotic enough with her temper that she could really do some damage so looking briefly to Rayna she spoke.

If you did your final death I will kick your ass for the rest of eternity.. got it Rayna?

With that she joined the fight in the rest of the hotel.
 
IC: Darren Cross

He looked to Ember waiting to see how she'd handle this. If this woman was guilty of something he'd lay off and give her plenty of rope to hang herself with. Knowing Ember she'd probably go right off the start line with an accusation and set the mother on the defensive.

"I smell no decption from you yet human but do not lie to us. What have they done," She stated sniffing the air, "Where are they so they can answer for such an attack against their sworn lineage duties?"

And so it went. Darren listened to the questioning carefully seeking out cracks liars would use in the answers, but in the end he agreed this poor old woman seemed innocent of the crimes being committed by her children.

Then she led them to a room with four people tied to chairs. Her children's aides. If anyone knew what mischief their employers were up to it would be these people.

He stepped up to them and bent over to look into one woman's face. Staring into their eyes. "Why did your boss send tainted blood dolls to the hotel?"

----------------------------X

IC: Batai

Taking a moment to regard Rayna who lay unconscious battling this illness feeding the sickness in her heart. He closed his eyes wishing his wife strength before disappearing and reappearing before the invaders of his new sanctuary.

The surviving vampires had erected a makeshift barricade at the stairs, but the werewolves had the run of the lobby and first floor and were now ransacking and killing any of the sick vampires they found there.

He stared at them and they pulled up growling at him, "Step aside spirit. We are not here for you."

"I am of the eighth tribe and I tell you now...Turn around and go back home, pups."

"The eighth tribe was eradicated by the humans why do you stand against us with the bloodsuckers?

"Because peace is the only way forward," He replied, "Now turn back and go home in peace, boy."

Then Emily joined beside him joining him in solidarity in his stand against this invasion of his newest sanctuary.
 
The vampires cared little for the death bear but the wolves who held to more spiritual ways we're getting nervous as the death bear did not answer their pleas not to enter the fight and to trust their path is right. The more it did not answer the more their doubt grew and the more some broke off and left. Only to find the doors blocked by the werebears who were more than willing to back hand them into the building to keep this insanity from pouring into the street and any back up lurking around would think twice before following blind orders.

Ember listened as the bravado of most of them prevented from any truth to fall from them but Jalla sniffed at one that was silent and scared.

You... Speak! You smell of the packlands.

The girl yelped and shrank back away from her.

They will feed me to the death bear if I speak.

Child

Jalla hissed...

I am the death bear... Its voice... It's fangs and it's claws in the living world now speak!

Warin... She speaks with him. Her brother I... I do not know... He... Vanishes.

Emily was growing more combative. Shaking again as before as a massive antique table moved on its own pinning some of the more brainwashed to the wall if not perhaps partially into the wall with the force and it's weight.

BACK OFF CHILDREN

She roared out.

This is not a fight you will win. Even your alleged leader doesn't believe enough in this cause to sacrifice his own life just yours...see him for what he is before it's too late pups...
 
Last edited:
IC: Batai

"Because peace is the only way forward," He replied, "Now turn back and go home in peace, boy."

Then Emily joined beside him joining him in solidarity in his stand against this invasion of his newest sanctuary

The Tawny werewolf in the lead of the others growled at them. "Not without settling a few old debts with the bloodsuckers."

"Hardheaded youths," Batai grumbled turning to find Emily trembling where she stood in outrage. Then suddenly a table on one wall of the hallway flew across slamming the werewolf and two of his cohorts hard against the far wall.

"BACK OFF CHILDREN," She bellowed boiling over in wrath and rage with her every word, "This is not a fight you will win. Even your alleged leader doesn't believe enough in this cause to sacrifice his own life just yours...see him for what he is before it's too late pups..."

The tawny colored wolf shoved the table off of him, "Get out of the way spirits. Cleansing this city of these parasites will not be stopped, not by either of you."

"No and let you slaughter the sick and infirmed. You bring shame to the ancestors and the death bear itself," Batai told him resolutely, "In your way is where I stand, pup. For I can do no other."

-------------------------x

IC: Darren Cross

He stepped up to them and bent over to look into one woman's face. Staring into their eyes. "Why did your boss send tainted blood dolls to the hotel?"

The werewolves among the old lady's began praying to the mythical deathbear hoping it would suddenly appear and smite their enemies down. Preposterous.

To the old lady he said, "Nevermind that first question. The why can be answered later. Just tell me if there is a cure."

Jalla pointed to someone standing in the background, "You... Speak! You smell of the packlands."

"They will feed me to the death bear if I speak," The scared girl cried.

"Child," Jalla hissed, "I am the death bear... Its voice... It's fangs and it's claws in the living world now speak!"

Darren straightened up pursing his lips. Even among vampires invoking the mythic and biblically epic Deathbear's wrath was serious business.

"Warin... She speaks with him," The frightened girl blurted out recoiling from Jalla.

"Who," He pressed, "Who does Warin conspire with?"

"Her brother," She sobbed tears streaking down her cheeks, "I... I do not know... He... Vanishes."

He turned to look at Ember, "We need to question Warin. He's the key to this conspiracy."
 
Jalla snarled.

The sister moves within Warin's fold and her brother vanishes. Interesting. You will live another day child.

Turning she looked to Darren.

Some of us... the path of the ankou was ours by our very birth. Accepting the mantle the fates have for us is our way. Remember that.

Ember snorted slightly not pleased to learn the brother simply vanishes.

Jalla... focus... we only have half the answers and only a theory why the wolves grow ill.

Jalla turned to her pack leader and nodded closing her eyes for a moment.

Agreed however I suspect we should unleash a few with us on those attacking the hotel. The pups Warin has brainwashed do not seem willing to listen to the reason of the old ones nor the deathbear roaring against them either.

Emily's eyes were black as night as she gripped the tawny wolf by the throat now with an almost demonic burn to her touch and a voice cold enough to make a grave seem tropical.

BACK OFF or else... NOW!

Throwing the wolf this time she looked to the others and grinned.

The large tar looking black bear behind you seems to agree with me...
 
IC: Darren Cross

He turned to look at Ember, "We need to question Warin. He's the key to this conspiracy."

"The sister moves within Warin's fold and her brother vanishes," Jalla snarled to her, "Interesting. You will live another day child."

She then turned to Darren saying, "Some of us... the path of the Ankou was ours by our very birth. Accepting the mantle the fates have for us is our way. Remember that."

"I won't," Darren told her with a shrug.

He crossed his arms half listening as Ember and Jalla spoke., deep in thought. "Something doesn't add up. What could be their endgame in this? We're missing something vital...I can feel it."

-------------------X

IC: Batai and Gregory Wolf and Deagan

"No and let you slaughter the sick and infirmed. You bring shame to the ancestors and the death bear itself," Batai told him resolutely, "In your way is where I stand, pup. For I can do no other."


The lead wolf growled at the mention of bringing shame on the death bear, bonafide fighting words in most every shifting tribe across the world, "Then you will be moved, old man."


But then Emily came up ahead of him grabbing him by the throat, her eyes had grown pitch black and her skin ashen as she stepped into much much darker waters for any spirit than he'd ever seen her do, and it frightened her for any of them that did go down the dark path it came with such a grave cost. "Miresroyo...don't-"

"BACK OFF or else... NOW!" She said with a deathly chill and threw him back into the others of his followers, "The large tar looking black bear behind you seems to agree with me..."

Many of the other wolves looked back ears tucked down even before they locked eyes with the death bear but the leadwolf refused to he snarled shooting up to his feet and bounding down the hallway passing straight through Batai. "Say whatever you like. Your precious commander's gonna die by these claws today."

Just then two more wolves rushed up the stairs to the hallway. One was a big black and grey regarded the Death Bear then to the werewolves she was glowering down at, "You losers have really fucked up now. You pissed her off and worse I get to kick your asses before she gets you."

The other werewolf, slender with tawny brown coat looked past them to Batai and Emily, "Guys, where is Rayna?"

Batai pointed down the hallway crying out to him, "One got past us. Hurry, he said he will kill her!"

"What?" Greg's wolfen eyes widened then he vaulted over the black bear and cowering werewolves landing between the two ghosts. "Batai, go to her and do whatever you can. Emily, this place is a maze...lead me to her, fast!"
 
Ember nodded in agreement with him but also nodded to her packmates statements about knowing the Ankou path was her life from birth.

Her father knew before Jalla was even born nearly that she would become an Ankou so that she could be the voice in the living world for the Death Bear and temper its rage.

She studied the girl for a long moment that Jalla had let live.

He vanishes... Which way is he going when he vanishes?

One of the others points to the north of the house.

Ember looks to Darren. You Jalla and the others go back to the Hotel and help there My mate and I will with Ishari's help find the the brother. Ishari reach Soren's mind and tell him to have the warriors scour the camp for Warin and the girl.

Jalla turned to Darren. Her eyes held their same green brown shade but there was an almost tar like quality to the color and her fur looked "faded" as the Deathbear drew more power from her to be able to physically claim those close to death with its claws.

Lets go... NOW!

~~~~~~~~~

Emily grabbed the back of Greg's neck and began dragging him through the crowd and corridors to Rayna. Grabbing any wolf that was not Ankou or friend and throwing them out of the way. Her grip like dead cold steel as they made their way through to the room. Rayna's ancestor stood there.

Young Gregory you may enter. Emily you will not there is already enough darkness in my descendant you will not add to it but know that I will pull you back out of that darkness with the felines help... as payment for your aid and letting yourself grow that dark for your family. Go fight strong and true the darkness will not last child you are far too caring a soul.

She just stared at him dropped Gregory and turned vanishing only to appear in front of the wolves again and with a cruel grin let out a scream from beyond the grave as she moved to grab another of Warin's wolves trying to run from her.

The death bear a spirit of death in the form all shifter's knew the oldest shifter race. It drew power from the anger and rage of its "living voice". It paused only briefly as the grandchild of its physical body acknowledged it. The pup still did not know? There was no time to think on this as the cowards tried to run past it.

Catching some in its massive claws it felt a spark of goodness in one that made it drop a young fawn colored pup that had arrived with the attackers. The pup was scared and was acting out of fear of not belonging. This Warin would pay. The death bear looked to the fully corrupted wolf in his claws.

Your leader does not fight with you... he lets you die... die for him you will.

The corrupted soul quickl leaving the body and then snapped dead from ever returning between the massive jaws of the bear as it moved through the hotel seeking more.
 
IC: Batai

"What?" Greg's wolfen eyes widened then he vaulted over the black bear and cowering werewolves landing between the two ghosts. "Batai, go to her and do whatever you can. Emily, this place is a maze...lead me to her, fast!"

Batai did just that transporting himself straight to the room where Rayna lay unconscious. The old wolf spirit that was patron of this hotel was gone and the werewolf that had barreled past him and Emily hadn't made it here yet.

It was just him and his wife here.

Batai cast about looking for something, anything he could do to delay the murder of the woman he loved. Then he felt the pull of the necklace. Something was happening to their island sanctuary. Something bad. Rayna was in more danger than just out here. She was losing the fight for life within. He was not needed here. He was needed with her. Now.

Without hesitation Batai dove back into the necklace, and their combined sanctuary held within it. Here was a self-continuing slice or bubble of the world of dreams, and thus operated on the rules of dreams. And like the laws of physics in the waking world was the bedrock of what you experienced out there symbolism was king in here.

The sky was dark now. The full moon and stars had completely vanished leaving only a black cloudless sky. The island itself had been swept over by tsunami of inky black water leaving only the high cliff poked out of the flood as a single reminder of what once was their home away from home. Sitting atop it was Rayna, but the last vestige of the Rayna they all knew and loved. The innocent Rayna of when she had been four or five years old. In the darkness she radiated light, but it was growing more wan and fading with each passing beating of her wounded heart. She sat weeping inky black tears and in her chest was a gaping hole that bled thick black blood-the origins of the black water here in this place.

Batai dove into the still black water where the dark creatures from before were waiting for him. They swarmed beneath the surface for him even as he tried to swim over to his wife.

"Rayna," He called out as he treaded through the thick icy cold and sticky waters, "I know its hard my love but you are in danger. You must survive, please hear me!"

Inky black tentacles broke the surface wrapping about him and pulling him under. Batai struggled back to the surface as the creatures pulled him underneath into the oblivion below. "I know the loss of the jazz singer has broken your heart, and young Gregory's betrayal wounds it still, but-"

He was pulled under to see an inky black demonic-looking shark with its jaws open to devour him whole jetting straight for him. Ignoring the danger of the shark creature Batai fought his way back to the surface and reached out for the little girl that was the woman he had married. He could see the fin of the shark coming closer and closer to him to the side. "Greg, your puppy dog, did run away from you, but do not lose hope, my love. He was lost but has found his way back to you. He is coming back, Rayna. Do not give in to the darkness within...hold onto the light long enough to hold him again."

He held out his hand to her, "Rayna...it's your kitty-cat...for the sake of those that love you...please take my hand-Ack!!!"

He was pulled sharply beneath the surface as the shark had made it upon him and he was face to jaws with it as it was about to eat him.

-------------------------------X

IC: Darren Cross

He crossed his arms half listening as Ember and Jalla spoke., deep in thought. "Something doesn't add up. What could be their endgame in this? We're missing something vital...I can feel it."

"Her father knew before Jalla was even born nearly that she would become an Ankou," Ember said nodding her head at his words before turning to nod at Jalla and the rest of the Ankou there, "So that she could be the voice in the living world for the Death Bear and temper its rage."

Darren glanced over to Jalla. He had thought the Death Bear had been just a mythological totem for the varied shifter tribes out there...now however he couldn't dismiss it with his usual skeptical cynicism.

Why hadn't Bishop explained it better to him?

Ember asked the staff more questions and found that the brother usually left heading north of the house. She turned to him saying, "You Jalla and the others go back to the Hotel and help there My mate and I will with Ishari's help find the the brother. Ishari reach Soren's mind and tell him to have the warriors scour the camp for Warin and the girl."

He bristled slightly at Ember ordering him around, but nodded following after Jalla out of the room as Ember and the others left out the back after the brother.

Jalla stopped and turned to look at him suddenly very serious, "Lets go... NOW!"

She turned back to rush out of the house to the road outside when Darren caught up with her, "What is it?"

----------------------------X

IC: Gregory Wolf

"What?" Greg's wolfen eyes widened then he vaulted over the black bear and cowering werewolves landing between the two ghosts. "Batai, go to her and do whatever you can. Emily, this place is a maze...lead me to her, fast!"

Batai vanished presumably popping back into the room wherever Rayna was right now. He had to reach her fast.

He could tell something was off with Emily. She seemed less upbeat and darker, more ominous to him. It made him very concerned for his best friend. "Em, You okay?"

In response she reached out grabbing the back of his neck and hauled him at breakneck speed past people that had been shoved aside as the rogue werewolf barreled past them after the hotel's Commander.

There he was slamming against the doors. Jesus Christ he was huge.

Another man, an elderly guy, with wisened hair watched him get up and told him, "Young Gregory you may enter." Then to Emily, "Emily you will not there is already enough darkness in my descendant you will not add to it but know that I will pull you back out of that darkness with the felines help... as payment for your aid and letting yourself grow that dark for your family. Go fight strong and true the darkness will not last child you are far too caring a soul."

"Uh...thanks, I guess," He replied as the big bastard rounded on him.

"And who is this," His snout curled in a derisive sneer, "A mewling cub for me to break?"

Greg stepped up to him looking him straight in the eye like Deagan had been teaching him to face up to what or whomever scared him, "I'll give you one chance to walk out of here unhurt."

"You, talking tough to me, cub?" The big wolf's head reared up and he laughed before taking a swing at him. Gregory ducked underneath the punch and struck out low into his diaphragm shifting his weight forward to give force to his follow through right into and through explosively knocking the wind out of the big bad werewolf-just like Deagan had taught him.

"You had your chance," Gregory said as the big wolf staggered backward clutching his mid-section and gasping for breath. His fists were still balled and the animal instincts of the wolf he was one with now told him to keep at it. To show dominance in conflicts with other animals. To beat down all opposition if he wanted to become the alpha of the pack here.

He growled as he moved in fists flying for the bigger wolf.
 
Emily

She turned sharp and grinned at the massive wolf.

I got this Greg go to Rayna.

Rayna's ancestor shook his head no to her.

Let him do this. You return to the fight. Prevent more from coming here I will attempt to aid Batai with my descendant. To that she grinned and turned back down the hall a wall of darkness before her shoving them all back to the waiting vampires bear and vampires.

They will not get down this hall.

Rayna

She sat there her body dying and here in this dreamscape she saw all of them. Her family by birth and snowy home we're all gone now that her sister was dead. Batai was dead. Gregory abandoned her and her oldest and dearest friend refused the embrace and died in her arms. There was a war going on around her and a coward took her from it and the death bear she helped gain it's physical representative now sought to offer her final rest if she was no longer willing to fight. The darkness enveloping her sanctuary here may have been feeding off of her but it was feeding her bringing her back to her current appearance and age. Feeding that darkness inherent in her from her sire she slowly stood the same murderous look in her eyes when she killed her sire's mortal whore.

I don't need any of them... I don't need any of their blame disdain for hatred and I DON'T NEED YOU!!!!

With that she stood leaping into the water below fangs bared eyes glowing with the same demonic cruelty of her sire as she sank into the water between Batai and the creature.

You will fight ME! You will face ME! Not the ones taken by the cowardice of time and humanity. For you just like humans are CATTLE!

With that she began her attack. The blank inky waters were a part of her allowing her to move through them with a venomous ease.

Batai...

Her ancestor called to him.

Follow my voice where have you vanished are you here in the room with her or the necklace?

The white wolf from the Ankou moved to stand ready to help Gregory if he needed aid against the massive wolf.

Jalla

Jalla staggered a little as they ran back.

The death bear... Feels that Rayna requires... It's help crossing over... Or something... The poison has activated... The darkness inherent to her bloodline due to her sire directly... We will NOT lose Commander...NOW MOVE IT!!!

Shifting she now ran as a wolf not caring who saw her with a howl to let the others know what was going on and to tell the deaht ear she was joining it in the fight. The howl sounded as if was straight out of the grave.

The old piano man stood over her singing his song about his soutth Island angel to her as it was a song he wrote about her. He had to do something to help no matter how fast he was fading from the world even as a ghost.
 
Last edited:
IC: Darren Cross

She turned back to rush out of the house to the road outside when Darren caught up with her, "What is it?"

"The death bear... Feels that Rayna requires... It's help crossing over..." She told him, "Or something... The poison has activated... The darkness inherent to her bloodline due to her sire directly... We will NOT lose Commander...NOW MOVE IT!!!"

"Rayna," Darren asked in shock.

Immediately she shifted to her wolfen form and began bounding down the side of the road making an oncoming mini-van veer to one side.

Darren stepped out into the middle of the street making the mini-van screech to a stop a foot before him. He walked around the front of it as the woman at the wheel rolled down the window to yell at him. He reached inside cupping her chin so they met eye to eye, unblinking, peering deep inside of her.

He hated doing this. It always made him feel so creepy, but this...this was an emergency. So he mesmerized her, compelling her. He pushed one thought, one command into her brain.

"SLEEP!"

He pulled her unconscious body out of the mini-van and laid it on the side of the road.

"Mommy?"

He sighed pulling open the door to the minivan and reaching for the four year old in the car seat. Pulling him out and setting him beside his sleeping mother.

"I'm very sorry I have to do this, kiddo," He told the little boy, "But I need a car. It's a matter of life or death."

He wrote down an address and tucked it into the mom's pocket. "Your mommy will find the van at this address, okay?"

He turned to Ember and the other Ankou, "Rayna is in trouble." He climbed behind the wheel of the mini-van. "Either shift and run ahead like Jalla or get in the damn van."

----------------------------------X

IC: Batai

He held out his hand to her, "Rayna...it's your kitty-cat...for the sake of those that love you...please take my hand-Ack!!!"

He was pulled sharply beneath the surface as the shark had made it upon him and he was face to jaws with it as it was about to eat him

"I don't need any of them..." She said raising back up now looking fully grown, "I don't need any of their blame, disdain, or hatred, and I DON'T NEED YOU!!!!"

She dove into the inky black water spreading out away from her and freeing him as the creatures underneath fled from her.

"You will fight ME! You will face ME! Not the ones taken by the cowardice of time and humanity," she bellowed and the ground shook and lightning cracked the sky, thunder boomed. "For you just like humans are CATTLE!"

"You don't believe that. You've never believed that was true," he told her softly, "That's the darkness you've always turned your back on speaking. It isn't the real you."

She jumped over chasing after the creatures, rocketing through the ink black water like it wasn't even there.

"Batai…" He heard a voice call in the wind, "You will fight ME! You will face ME! Not the ones taken by the cowardice of time and humanity. For you just like humans are CATTLE!"

"The necklace," He replied before the blackwater closed back in on top of him. "Rayna-ack!"

He fell underneath the water drowning in it.

----------------------------------X

IC: Gregory Wolf

"You had your chance," Gregory said as the big wolf staggered backward clutching his mid-section and gasping for breath. His fists were still balled and the animal instincts of the wolf he was one with now told him to keep at it. To show dominance in conflicts with other animals. To beat down all opposition if he wanted to become the alpha of the pack here.

He growled as he moved in fists flying for the bigger wolf.

He connected with a right cross to the side of the wolf's face rocking him off to the side just like Deagan had taught him. That led to gouging his claws down the snout of the bigger wolf. He barked then, loud and dominant, "Get out of the way!"

The other wolf raised back up one hand covering the deep scratches dripping his blood on the side of his face. His lips curled, "You miserable little shit!"

Greg swung to repeat the right cross Deagan had taught him, but the bigger wolf's arm shot up blocking his punch and trapping his arm with his. The other hand slammed into his gut like a sledgehammer lifting him up off the floor. He crumbled to his knees gasping loudly for breath.

This guy was bigger than him. He was stronger than him. He had way more experience fighting as well.

"When I'm done with you. I'm going to snap the neck of that Vampire bitch." He was pulled back up to his feet. The other wolf's massive arms wrapped around his neck forming a headlock. No he was applying pressure to twist it at the neck. He was trying to snap his neck. He was trying to kill him!

He fought to wriggle out of it, but he was bigger, stronger, and had all the leverage.

"Deagan showed you how to fight," The other wolf growled, "Too bad he didn't teach you how to win."
 
Back
Top