The Isolated Blurt Thread VII: 7th Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Registering as a voter of appropriate age means the self is actively caring about their representation and their rights plus voting power as a citizen. Registering as a voter means, or can mean, making yourself aware and educating yourself about the concerns of your community at large and the greater national community at whole. It gives legal power to your voice. It appears that there's a dearth of caring about that in that community due to several deep-rooted multilayered reasons and factors, which the current power structure has banked on and will continue to exploit until a sea change of better representation for that community's benefit is effected.

Michael Brown's death was politicized the moment he was murdered and left out to rot in the street like a shot junkyard dog for over four hours in full view of family and community as a message. And his killer remains free on paid leave.

Addendum: Let's make this real clear...the voter registration tables weren't set up immediately after his murder, or even a day later. They were set up after several days of inaction of justice. This is very important.

yes.

Mostly good news today!!

:heart:

Disagree. Registering as a voter of appropriate age means the self is actively caring about their representation and their rights plus voting power as a citizen. Registering as a voter means, or can mean, making yourself aware and educating yourself about the concerns of your community at large and the greater national community at whole. It gives legal power to your voice. It appears that there's a dearth of caring about that in that community due to several deep-rooted multilayered reasons and factors, which the current power structure has banked on and will continue to exploit until a sea change of better representation for that community's benefit is effected.

Michael Brown's death was politicized the moment he was murdered and left out to rot in the street like a shot junkyard dog for over four hours in full view of family and community as a message. And his killer remains free on paid leave.

Addendum: Let's make this real clear...the voter registration tables weren't set up immediately after his murder, or even a day later. They were set up after several days of inaction of justice. This is very important.

Zumi Id agree with you if people actually vote after registering. Their turnout rate is 12%

I don't know if his body was disrespected since it's procedure not to disturb a crime scene until any evidence & photos are taken. Is 4 hours long? I don't know what is the norm for a fatal shooting? Did the crime scene become hostile impeding the investigation?

In the interest of being clear, setting up voter registration tables close to the site while the violence continues is disrespectful, using his death for politics in the worst way. Could they not wait until the community settles down before setting up that particular site? Red state, Blue state no diff it's tacky, it's tasteless IMO.

Zumi Id agree with you if people actually vote after registering. Their turnout rate is 12%

I don't know if his body was disrespected since it's procedure not to disturb a crime scene until any evidence & photos are taken. Is 4 hours long? I don't know what is the norm for a fatal shooting? Did the crime scene become hostile impeding the investigation?

In the interest of being clear, setting up voter registration tables close to the site while the violence continues is disrespectful, using his death for politics in the worst way. Could they not wait until the community settles down before setting up that particular site? Red state, Blue state no diff it's tacky, it's tasteless IMO.

The people of Ferguson want to be heard. Voting allows you to exercise your voice. The act of registering people to vote is not political. It is a way to give people more tools to voice their opinions, which, when you do not have that, frustration and anger can occur. Voting, on a local level, is a very powerful way to shape your community. The people of Ferguson need that positive empowerment right now.

Your kidding right? It doesn't get more political than voting.I think You need a slice of Microwave Quiche :D

yeah. i went back and thought about that sentence after i posted it. should have said that after all the politics thrown around in the aftermath of Michael Brown's death, registering people to vote is a positive political move. anyways. i don't want to post anymore here, because i don't want the next thread.

All I did was sit in meetings today, and I'm fucking exhausted.

Interesting, a purple rash... The last time I had a one it was TBRF (Tick-borne Relapsing Fever) and I discovered my Erythromycin allergy. ;)
No fever this time, so I think it's just a curious sort of rash. Self-treating with a not so accurate mixing of 1/2 steroid and 1/2 anti-fungal and it's calming down. Also washing it with Hibiclens so nothing opportunitist can join it.

Last edited:
The newest thing, the boiling water bucket challenge, go for it sheeple.

I prefer swimming outdoors to swimming pools, but sometimes things happen, like fish bite you, you step on a rock, a man of war stings you, some evil chemical is in the water and you get huge hives all over, that sort of thing.
Natural flowing water is safer than places skinny dipping in quarries, and sheriff's don't pull you out.
Oceans are safer disease-wise.

Bad stuff that I have not experienced,
Amoebes that eat your brain in a few places-we had a case around here
Hepatitis in the water
jelly fish
ray bites
sharks
ecoli

c7064818c92f7fd0ae0ce3495be31b37a1ad5147_m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back