The SCOURIES reader – for both fans and serious scholars…

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m james r scouries esq. and everyone eventually comes into my world!

[SIZE=+4]ScouriesWorld[/SIZE]

img4d7f43d0c7b2b.jpg

Home of LITEROTICA’S GREATEST STORIES​

image.php

Oh Christ, another of lovergirl’s ALTS! I wonder how many times this ridiculous ALT voted in the last contest.

tumblr_lr4z6kdKjo1qb5qb8o1_500.gif

bad little alt...

Will this convicted cheater never learn? Off to the IGNORE list to join your altmistress my dear…

image.php

Oh Christ, another of lovergirl’s ALTS! I wonder how many times this ridiculous ALT voted in the last contest.
Will this convicted cheater never learn? Off to the IGNORE list to join your altmistress my dear…

Poor dumb scouries

The she you are rant about is a he and he doesn't have any alts that have anything to do with you.

You are the alt queen of Kings.

That alt as you call her probably voted once like the rest of us. Now you on the other hand inflated a certain persons 5 votes so you could accuse him of cheating. Just more of your everyday bullshit. Cheating, lying, fake contests, fake awards, and fake contest threads. Yeah, that's you alright.

[SIZE=+4]Welcome to ScouriesFantasyWorld[/SIZE]

Home of LITEROTICA’S GREATEST FRAUD

Where Scouries ego is the one and only thing that counts.

Now you on the other hand inflated a certain persons 5 votes so you could accuse him of cheating.

Oh, come on, TxRad. You don't have any evidence of that. And it's counterintuitive. This isn't any better behavior than his is.

Oh, come on, TxRad. You don't have any evidence of that. And it's counterintuitive. This isn't any better behavior than his is.

It's not the first time he has done this. He was inflating others with bad votes to hide his huge loses during contests. So the presidency is there. Anyway, if he can lie about everything, why can't others speculate at the very least.

It's not the first time he has done this. He was inflating others with bad votes to hide his huge loses during contests. So the presidency is there. Anyway, if he can lie about everything, why can't others speculate at the very least.

First, you have no proof of the new allegation either--it's just your opinion (which I think is likely too--but it's not a "fact.") You didn't really offer the "voting up to knock the story down" as opinion; you offered it as fact. The most logical explanation is a stuffing of the ballot box by those wanting the story to win. So, although your opinion is possible--it's not even the most logical one.

The bottom line is that the website didn't consider a lot of the 5 votes on this story valid, so it wasn't cheated out of a win in any sense of the word--according to the website's procedures (because it was running exactly the same purge on the rest of the stories too--and this one stuck out as having extroadinarily high vote deletions--mostly fives considering the change in score). If as many as were stripped weren't caught (and it's likely a lot of both 5 and 1 or 2 votes simply aren't caught in a website purge), the story would have at least placed. I don't see Scouries or anyone else correctly calculating bringing a story down by suffing it with 5's. That's counterintuitive.

Having only an average techy knowledge, I'm struggling to follow the logic here.

I can understand that lit can sweep 1 or 2 votes during contests to stop attacks on entries.

Just how does lit find some 5 votes 'invalid'? Alts are irrelevant here because voting is based on IP address. You vote, the score is recorded and you can't vote again unless you have a new IP.

This probably needs Dark, but could someone give me some logic on how lit's sweeps can check the validity of a 5 vote.

I can understand lovecraft's amazement about the plummet in scores but I haven't yet read an explanation of the sudden change he encountered.

As sr says, the allegations should be supported by some IT logic - which I'd love to follow.

Scouries is clearly a multi-horned, non-human incubus, but aren't we exagerrating his mystic powers?

I’m james r scouries esq. and everyone eventually comes into my world!

[SIZE=+4]ScouriesWorld[/SIZE]

img4d7f43d0c7b2b.jpg

Home of LITEROTICA’S GREATEST STORIES​

image.php

tumblr_lr4z6kdKjo1qb5qb8o1_500.gif

bad little alt...

And these have what, exactly, to do with STORY FEEDBACK?

The only reason you post pictures of naked or partially naked women is because, other than your sister and your mommy's saggy old titties, it's as close as you'll ever get to the real thing.

So how's that REAL WORLD publishing going for you, scouries?

First, you have no proof of the new allegation either--it's just your opinion (which I think is likely too--but it's not a "fact.") You didn't really offer the "voting up to knock the story down" as opinion; you offered it as fact. The most logical explanation is a stuffing of the ballot box by those wanting the story to win. So, although your opinion is possible--it's not even the most logical one.

The bottom line is that the website didn't consider a lot of the 5 votes on this story valid, so it wasn't cheated out of a win in any sense of the word--according to the website's procedures (because it was running exactly the same purge on the rest of the stories too--and this one stuck out as having extroadinarily high vote deletions--mostly fives considering the change in score). If as many as were stripped weren't caught (and it's likely a lot of both 5 and 1 or 2 votes simply aren't caught in a website purge), the story would have at least placed. I don't see Scouries or anyone else correctly calculating bringing a story down by suffing it with 5's. That's counterintuitive.

Uh-oh Pilot! It must really suck for someone respectable on the site to back my claim and now here you are refuting that scouries would cheat and be a dick, but only in this one instance because it involves me otherwise he's a cheat.

Now this is swiftboating at its finest.

Let’s be a tad more forensic with our analysis here. LC inexplicably lost a bundle of 5 votes after a sweep. Why? How?

From the early days it was clear that cabals of, shall we say, AHers voted strategically in contests to manipulate the outcomes. To counter this, the site instituted sweeps which, I believe, eliminated troll votes from all entries.

To be fair, scouries banged on about the scandal. BFW is rightly indignant about the wicked plot to deprive him of a Survivor win. Again, the usual suspects.

Also, the sweeps checked IP addresses to ensure that only one vote came from an unique IP. This has been further refined with updates to block repeat votes from the same IP.

So, we now have votes that have been de-trolled and are only single IPs. All are valid. So why the purge? I’ve done the math and it’s much more effective to low-vote to damage a story than high-vote. Also, how do you ensure that the sweep will get rid of a 5 vote if it comes from an unique IP?

Sure, as I’ve discovered from talking to my IT guys, there’s plenty of software out there that will mask your IP address. But if you use this and then vote 5, how is the lit sweep going to find this invalid?

In summary, sr’s burble about validity and counterintuivity just proves that, as usual, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Tx, can you give some back-up explanation of how your theory works?

If you all agree, can we have a thread highjack to debate the issue? As someone said, what’s scouries’ ball-scratching got to do with Story Feedback

BTW; If you run ‘scouries’ through Word spellcheck, it comes back ‘scourges’ Appropriate?

If you all agree, can we have a thread highjack to debate the issue? As someone said, what’s scouries’ ball-scratching got to do with Story Feedback

BTW; If you run ‘scouries’ through Word spellcheck, it comes back ‘scourges’ Appropriate?

Let’s be a tad more forensic with our analysis here. LC inexplicably lost a bundle of 5 votes after a sweep. Why? How?

From the early days it was clear that cabals of, shall we say, AHers voted strategically in contests to manipulate the outcomes. To counter this, the site instituted sweeps which, I believe, eliminated troll votes from all entries.

To be fair, scouries banged on about the scandal. BFW is rightly indignant about the wicked plot to deprive him of a Survivor win. Again, the usual suspects.

Also, the sweeps checked IP addresses to ensure that only one vote came from an unique IP. This has been further refined with updates to block repeat votes from the same IP.

So, we now have votes that have been de-trolled and are only single IPs. All are valid. So why the purge? I’ve done the math and it’s much more effective to low-vote to damage a story than high-vote. Also, how do you ensure that the sweep will get rid of a 5 vote if it comes from an unique IP?

Sure, as I’ve discovered from talking to my IT guys, there’s plenty of software out there that will mask your IP address. But if you use this and then vote 5, how is the lit sweep going to find this invalid?

In summary, sr’s burble about validity and counterintuivity just proves that, as usual, he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Tx, can you give some back-up explanation of how your theory works?

What I bolded above is pure bullshit. There is not enough peopled in the AH to effect the outcome of the voting one way or another. The reason for the sweeps was scouries using a script to vote his stories up and everyone elses down.

There are many ways to get around the ISP address check and no I'm not going to list any of them. Scouries uses all of them now so the sweeps have changed. and no I'm not going to detail that either.

Then there are the fan votes, voting up the favorite author and down voting everyone else who might have a chance.

Cheating has expanded from the early days of just sweep a few troll votes. Today it takes several major programs to do it and then a lot is missed or misinterpreted.

But the bottom line is, you can thank scouries and his first alt Sarahhhh for the change in the sweeps.

I’ve done the math and it’s much more effective to low-vote to damage a story than high-vote. Also, how do you ensure that the sweep will get rid of a 5 vote if it comes from an unique IP?

It is not easier to screw someone with one bombs because the sweeps eliminate them quickly. It is more damaging to stuff with 5 votes and make it look like they were all from the same few ip addresses.

What is overlooked in my contest lost is the interesting fact that I placed 3rd tied with RHAF. same score 4.82 so lets go beyond the score.

I had 55o+ votes to her less than 200, 27 favs to her 9 and 69 public comments to her 20+ rougly 3x better in every category.

She also already has several W's. so they gave 3rd to her, out of sheer favoritism, for both the category and the author. There is no way to spin it differently.

The person in charge here is more a fan of non human and scii fi than actual erotica all you need to do is see how often those cats win the monthlies and place in the themed contest. The only actual erotica she likes is GM the other perennial winner.

Scouries is allowed here because everyone believes it is just him cheating. which it usually is, but he gives them the excuse to do what they want and blame him.

It is not easier to screw someone with one bombs because the sweeps eliminate them quickly. It is more damaging to stuff with 5 votes and make it look like they were all from the same few ip addresses.

What is overlooked in my contest lost is the interesting fact that I placed 3rd tied with RHAF. same score 4.82 so lets go beyond the score.

I had 55o+ votes to her less than 200, 27 favs to her 9 and 69 public comments to her 20+ rougly 3x better in every category.

She also already has several W's. so they gave 3rd to her, out of sheer favoritism, for both the category and the author. There is no way to spin it differently.

The person in charge here is more a fan of non human and scii fi than actual erotica all you need to do is see how often those cats win the monthlies and place in the themed contest. The only actual erotica she likes is GM the other perennial winner.

Scouries is allowed here because everyone believes it is just him cheating. which it usually is, but he gives them the excuse to do what they want and blame him.

I totally sympathize with the bitter taste you feel. "We wuz robbed!"

The contests work on story scores alone, it's the only way to have a level playing field between all the cats that have different constituencies and different levels of voting, favoriting and commenting. Without wanting to be rude, your arguments are those often expressed by "he whose name cannot be spoken".

As you know, although the scores are published to 2 decimal places, this is rounded. Perhaps, I said perhaps, RHAF came out at 4.824 and you at 4.823. I really can't believe the site has a downer on incest as it is clearly one of the major drivers to boost membership and income - despite the restrictions.

I repeat my question, which TX cleverly circumvented. The site has upgraded the software many times, quite rightly, to prevent multiple votes from the same IP (whether real or invented). Using means to create multiple IPs should allow those votes to be 'valid'. I don't want details of how to sweep such votes but, in fact, if Lit does sweep those votes (assuming they can identify them), surely this means they are playing into the hands of manipulators who are trying to damage a story?

LC, I don't think the site has favorites - writers or cats - and I don't believe any contests are rigged by the management.

Want a fair contest?

Okay, hold on, because I am going to give you the solution, but it is so complicated, so sophisticated, that you may not be able to follow.

ready?

All entries are anonymous.

You submit your story, the site knows you submitted that story, but all the readers see is Anonymous.

Now they are voting on pure story. Sure some authors my have a particular style that may stand out and there will still be some cheating as the authors can send e-mails to any fans that they have spoken to in the past and name their story.

But that would totally eliminate Scouries games and authors winning strictly on who they are.

I would love to see this done, so we could see where all the people who consistently win would be in a setting like that.

Most likely they would still win because the owner will still know who wrote what.

Tell you what Elfin, think I'm wrong? I'll pm you the authors who will place in the next two contests.

Want a fair contest?

Okay, hold on, because I am going to give you the solution, but it is so complicated, so sophisticated, that you may not be able to follow.

ready?

All entries are anonymous.

You submit your story, the site knows you submitted that story, but all the readers see is Anonymous.

Now they are voting on pure story. Sure some authors my have a particular style that may stand out and there will still be some cheating as the authors can send e-mails to any fans that they have spoken to in the past and name their story.

But that would totally eliminate Scouries games and authors winning strictly on who they are.

I would love to see this done, so we could see where all the people who consistently win would be in a setting like that.

Most likely they would still win because the owner will still know who wrote what.

Tell you what Elfin, think I'm wrong? I'll pm you the authors who will place in the next two contests.

I don't think that'd work, because as you said, there are authors who'd send out emails to their fans and reveal which anonymous story was theirs. Some people's egos just couldn't go unchecked by posting anonymous stories in a contest.

So that would still leave it open to cries of "fixed contests" and "cheater!"

I rarely enter contests these days, and actually haven't written anything on this site in awhile, but I still lurk and I still read stories here. On a site like this, I don't think there's ever going to be any foolproof way to stop ballot stuffing and the other stuff that goes on during contests. Just seems to be the way of things.

well done!!!!

[size=+3]
“Daddy”, I Whispered
[/size]

Favim.com-6318.jpg

"Daddy?" I Whispered Stephanie seduces her handsome father.
4.52 35564 2767480 Incest/Taboo (English) 02/19/06
[size=+2]Public Comments: 901[/size]

Yes LITEROTICA’S greatest story, its largest royalty producer, the story that has received more votes than any other, the story that has been translated into 91 different languages, recently became the first story in erotic story history to accumulate over 900 LITEROTICA Comments.

Well done boss!

Yes LITEROTICA’S greatest farce, its largest source of toilet paper, the story that has received more votes, from the fewest ip addresses of any other, the story that has just been translated into pig latin so it makes more sense and recently became the first story in erotic story history to accumulate over 900 LITEROTICA Comments, over a dozen of which were not from my alts!

Fixed this for you.

Miami-Marlins-Marlins-Park-2.jpg

I was there for the opener last night. The new stadium is certainly better than the old one.

And it’s closer to home. Mind you the parking and road situation is shitty.

Seeing Muhammad Ali like that wasn’t cool.

The team is better which is good. And you gotta love Ozzie even if you can’t understand him. But we still have to put up with that little twerp Samson…

I hate their new logo and uniforms. Way too gay…

But still, it’s hard not to enjoy a night at a ballpark. So I’m sure to go again.

But can’t we hire someone to blow up this monstrosity?

iqxH.St.56.jpg

Congradulations on your tremendous accomplishment Scouries. What's your secret to writing such a blockbuster story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back