Do people actually have sex during female periods?

I spotted nearly constantly for the first 3 months or so after my IUD was inserted, but since then the lack of periods has been wonderful. I've had it for less than a year, and I still get cramps and experience hormonal swings (including increased arousal). Have you had this experience?

I have never been on any kind of BC... but I get very turned on while menstrating. I have read also that having sex while expierencing cramps helps to relieve some of the pain. That was my other main reason for wanting to give this a try... see if it works, then blog about it! LOL
 
i'm glad you asked that, peyotecactus--i wasn't even aware that IUDs were available anymore!

ed

Of course they are available. They have less hormones and a different type of hormone than the pill or ring. I have the plastic one because I am allergic to metals and didn't want something I could have a reaction to up inside my uterious. :eek:

It works great. It doesn't hurt or anything. I just never have periods and when I'm suppose to be having a period, my sex drive kind of drops but it picks up again in a few days.
 
We're not having intercourse yet, but we will make out and do hand jobs during that time, as long as I'm wearing my divacup which really cuts down on the mess, just no penetration or fingering. Generally, I do have a day or two when I'm NOT in the mood at the start of my period, but later I'm fine.
 
I'm generally really horny during my period however I've never had sex during that time because the guys I've been with either didn't/don't want to deal with the mess or get squeamish at the sight of blood.
 
Yes

We always have sex in the shower if we have period sex. It makes clean up much easier.
 
menstral sex

I am proud that I have had my "red wings"for many years. I think that sex during the menstral flow is just natural and my lady loves me for doing it. I do not crave the taste or mess but if she wants it, I will give my best to my lover. A towel or shower is just another thing in our loving relationship.I think her orgasms are more intense during this time.
:)
 
I've had sex with a woman on her period, but there was nothing especially primal or different about it besides the obvious.

Everyone is different, so I only speak for myself and what I observed in my partner.
 
Not when it's heavy (first few days), but if it's light, yep! I will not let a guy go down on me while I have my period, however light it is.
I remember a guy friend in college answering this question - he shrugged and said "I don't know what the big deal is - just put a towel under her butt!"
 
I have never been on any kind of BC... but I get very turned on while menstrating. I have read also that having sex while expierencing cramps helps to relieve some of the pain. That was my other main reason for wanting to give this a try... see if it works, then blog about it! LOL

I have also heard this. Women have told me that orgasms help with the cramps. If they can't have sex, they just masturbate instead.
 
Yep, I've done it, and I also typically get hornier during my period. It is a bit messy, but no biggie. I definitely don't let it stop masturbation, either! :D
 
It was especially fun when a married friend of mine had her periods, though. We were close friends and flirted with each other a lot. Of course, her husband wasn't the most adventurous and only wanted sex about once a week, so he wanted "nothing to do with her bloody twat." Needless to say, I teased her mercilessly, knowing she'd have to take care of her arousal with her own hands since he wouldn't touch her and she wasn't about to get the blood on her toys. :D It's too bad she had to be married, though. I wouldn't have minded being "a vampire."
 
Use a towel underneath and you are set.

I have found that woman partners get quite horny leading up to their period and the only reason some have shyed away from sex during their period is they do not want to upset me. For me, I do not mind at all. Certainly a different feel as my cock slides into the vaginal sheath, but other than that, it is intimate. You might consider it a true reflection of your feelings for each other.

Orgasms..can't help you there. Mine are still great! lol. I have not had a partner complain as yet re hers.
 
we do...its not a primal feeling it just...is

feels more lubed if you will IMO
 
Do couples really do this?
Is it something either of you find more primal?
Is it more erotic or one or either?
Men.. does it feel different when she is not on her cycle?

There was something else too.... lets start here.


I did it for a couple of times, but I didn't find it any enjoyable: pussy tend to be much more slippy during the periods, so the stimation to the penis was not enough.
 
I have and do often. I like blood and I think on some level the idea that that blood came from something designed to hold life is a bit of a "turn on". It's difficult to explain really......
 
I get pretty bad cramps and nausea - so it's not just a matter of blood, but pain and more cramps with sex...plus the fact that I tend to vomit. A little blood isn't so messy, but vomit really kills the mood.
Fortunately I'm on a special pill - "Yaz". While I still get cramps, my bleed is one day of heavy spotting and then I'm fine after that day.
Modern medicine is fabulous!
 
My method of contraception is a diaphragm, which means sex during my period is easy and mess-free.
 
Having sex during a female's period can be great, but I personally get alot more turned on during a female's semi-colon.
 
I have never been on any kind of BC... but I get very turned on while menstrating. I have read also that having sex while expierencing cramps helps to relieve some of the pain. That was my other main reason for wanting to give this a try... see if it works, then blog about it! LOL

I used to get period cramps in my younger days and found that orgasm was the most effective way to get rid of them. I never used sex during period as a form of pain relief because by that stage I was on the Pill and that lessened the cramps to a bearable level. Since I've had my daughter, I've had no period cramps at all and don't usually realise I've got my period until I go to the toilet.

I do sometimes have sex during my period and, like others suggested, I use a towel.
 
We do, but towards the end. Not to over share, but I am a heavy flower. Sorry, that is gross.
Not really, but my hormones are going like crazy so it has been.
 
Like what somw of the other women have posted here, I get incredibly horny during my period. As one friend described it to me, your body is screaming 'fertilize me!' so you do what nauture wants.

I tend to pounce on hubby and do whatever I can to get some good loving.
 
We occasionally have sex when my wife is having her period. I don’t think it feels any different, maybe not as wet if there is any difference. It does have a slightly different taste.

I do think it is slightly taboo, and that adds to the excitement.

A towel and a shower after and everything is fine.
 
Yes, I thought that everyone did this. Isn't that what towels are made for? I also get very horny around the 3rd day of my period just when the flow has lightened up. It seems like a natural thing to do in my opinion. We also enjoy the extra lube using it to easily penetrate my ass. My guy likes to go from one hole to another so this is a great time of the month to be able to do this pain free. We do this at other times of the month but it is easier on me while on my period.
 
Back
Top